• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
If that happens give me RE Mii Fighter costumes of Chris and Jill as gunners. But we need more Sega franchises. Especially Phantasy Star, Bayonetta, Shinobi, Jet Set Radio and SMT/Persona
You had me at "Phantasy Star."
I spy with my little eye.......
Crono spotted behind Bowser! Hey, is that Phoenix Wright arguing that Ridley is not too big to be a playable character?

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Wolf and venom , new pork city, pirate ship , fourside, fountain of dreams poke floats and pichu. Newcomer from ballot and accompany stage

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I spy with my little eye.......
Is it a bad sign that I immediately saw Ridley before enlarging the image?

Also Dark Samus and Dark Link are chilling right next to Midna!

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

It can't be hard to get these guys as Mii Brawler and Swordfighter costumes, can it?? :cry:
Honestly, I'd be thrilled if all we got was a rag rappy costume, which I think would make some sense considering it could represent a lot of the Phantasy Star games. I'm afraid it's not all that likely to happen though...

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Hey, just wanted to spread something here.
You know who deserves some votes?
Bandana Waddle Dee, AKA Bandana Dee. (Kirby series)
If you have objections, present them as you wish.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I've seen a fair amount of people complaining about Pikachu Libre being in Pokken, claiming that Hawlucha would have been a much better character etc.
Reminds me of something, huh:4lucina::4drmario::4darkpit:?
Apparently the only reason Dr.Mario is his own fighter is to appeal to Melee fans. He was going to be a Mario alt.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Would King Hippo be a good 2nd Punch Out rep. from a future smash game?
Ehh, there isn't a lot of characters that can work as a fighter that Little Mac can't do. Outside of recovery and air game which takes away what a boxer is in Smash, there aren't any unique tendencies any boxer can have to be on the roster. King Hippo is more of like a Smash Run boss/enemy

Punch Out (similar to Wii Fit and the retro series) don't have a significant #2 that they can easily stand out and go to without being a clone or just unnecessary.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I did actually like Dr.Mario a bit. If only he was more different than Mario. Problem is, that's barely possible because he is Mario.
With an advanced degree.

Who fights viruses.

Instead of rescuing princess from demon turtles.

He can spin.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I did actually like Dr.Mario a bit. If only he was more different than Mario. Problem is, that's barely possible because he is Mario.
I kinda wish they messed with people, "Dr Mario is a Man with a Advanced Degree in Medication, No Relation to Mario"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Apparently the only reason Dr.Mario is his own fighter is to appeal to Melee fans. He was going to be a Mario alt.
Mario had changed quite a bit since Melee and making Doc and alt would have drawn some outcry. Doc is a semi-clone now despite not having changed much from Melee. :p

Well, his outfit is swag. :awesome:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like to think that Dr. Mario is a powerup that can't be lost.
Instead of fireballs, it of course lets Mario throw randomly colored pills.

Good joke.
Actually upon closer inspection, Wolf Link is being ridden by Celebi so Midna had to settle for Wolf.
Celebi is mean.
Why Celebi? :reverse:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you guys think were going to have to wait until early October for any news regarding Smash Bros?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you guys think were going to have to wait until early October for any news regarding Smash Bros?
I think that's the most likely scenario, personally. The max I see happening before that is if Yacht Club Games' megaton announcement in a standalone Shovel Knight Amiibo, then maybe they'll announce a Mii Fighter costume along with it.

(I don't think Shovel Knight is in Smash, and now is not the time to announce a ballot character, so I definitely don't think that is the "megaton" announcement, but I suppose its a distant possibility.)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It is really tough to say, We did not receive any new characters from wave 3 DLC, if they are still working on any pre-determined DLC it likely won't get announced till later on, possibly by October, I don't think we'll get any announcement regarding the Ballot right away as it finishes, I'm sure Sakurai and co will have a good look at the many votes and suggestions on the Ballot before jumping on any wagons right away...Unless Nintendo is going to straight up show the results and top votes on the ballot as it finishes which I doubt as it will just unnecessarily boost expectations for certain characters...
I still expect Wolf to happen, as do many other fans which is basically the main reason I think he will happen is because people actually expect him, as opposed to just wanting him...but unless we'll get a last minute Direct for August we may still have to wait a bit before anything solid is announced...I recall Sakurai did ask us for patience so it is likely that if any characters are currently in development it is still too early for them to really announce anything just yet...

Last edited:
Can i have your opinions about that :

I liked Digimon anime as a kid, and I still do, although I have watched only first three seasons. I like Agumon, I prefer him over several other Namco characters for Smash, but I still don't actually want him to Smash. I'm not against him getting to Smash, but there are many other characters I prefer over him.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I liked Digimon anime as a kid, and I still do, although I have watched only first three seasons. I like Agumon, I prefer him over several other Namco characters for Smash, but I still don't actually want him to Smash. I'm not against him getting to Smash, but there are many other characters I prefer over him.
Thank you for your opinion! I would love Klonoa for sure <3

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I personally believe Wolf will be DLC separate from the Ballot. It only makes sense that Nintendo would put him off and release him on the same day Star Fox Zero releases. I also believe that Wolf will be the last vet to return in the game.

I also believe that their will be 3 characters chosen from the Ballot not including Wolf so we'll have another Fighter Pack. Once we have a Direct or a Smash Direct presumably in early-October, I personally think that all 3 characters will be revealed (like how Mewtwo was revealed in October of last year) and maybe some of them (or all of them) will have a gameplay trailer for them and that they would be released towards December. They might also do stats for the characters as well as how many votes the character got and in which areas in the world people voted for said character.

Off the subject of character DLC, what other kinds of DLC do you think were getting? More Stage DLC? More Game Modes?

Last edited:
I personally believe Wolf will be DLC separate from the Ballot. It only makes sense that Nintendo would put him off and release him on the same day Star Fox Zero releases. I also believe that Wolf will be the last vet to return in the game.

I also believe that their will be 3 characters chosen from the Ballot not including Wolf so we'll have another Fighter Pack. Once we have a Direct or a Smash Direct presumably in early-October, I personally think that all 3 characters will be revealed (like how Mewtwo was revealed in October of last year) and maybe some of them (or all of them) will have a gameplay trailer for them and that they would be released towards December. They might also do stats for the characters as well like how many votes the character got and in which areas in the world people voted for said character.

Off the subject of character DLC, what other kinds of DLC do you think were getting? More Stage DLC? More Game Modes?
More stages, at least. Game Modes are also possible, I'm personally hoping for Adventure Mode, but Target Smash and Boss Battle Mode would be cool too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ehh, there isn't a lot of characters that can work as a fighter that Little Mac can't do. Outside of recovery and air game which takes away what a boxer is in Smash, there aren't any unique tendencies any boxer can have to be on the roster. King Hippo is more of like a Smash Run boss/enemy

Punch Out (similar to Wii Fit and the retro series) don't have a significant #2 that they can easily stand out and go to without being a clone or just unnecessary.
Or we can just have Doc Louis as a heavier and slower Little Mac clone. Come on, we all know that him beating the crap out of people for knocking his chocolate bar away would be fantastic.

Or we can just have Doc Louis as a heavier and slower Little Mac clone. Come on, we all know that him beating the crap out of people for knocking his chocolate bar away would be fantastic.
I have a good idea for FS, although I've posted it to another thread earlier.

Clone of Falcon's, but with a bike instead of Blue Falcon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd absolutely LOVE if we had an actual character specific, mission-based Training Mode (like Marvel vs. Capcom 3) with Doc Louis serving as the training dummy and giving the player advice.
That'd be way too much work but it'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom