• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
How about people talk to the leakers and squeeze from them whatever they can?

Apparently the reveal would be on Wednesday.
Wednesday? Woah. If it's the Rogerbase one then yeah, sounds about right. I did recall hearing "within" 2 weeks- and Wednesday fits. Personally, I don't believe it. I don't see why they would get insider info.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wednesday? Woah. If it's the Rogerbase one then yeah, sounds about right. I did recall hearing "within" 2 weeks- and Wednesday fits. Personally, I don't believe it. I don't see why they would get insider info.
I don't know why or how they got insider info but I tried to find out.

It sounds fake from the fact that they all say pretty much the same thing and slowly more and more people seem to be in the know. However, I believe it for now because a direct always happens in October, I think...and it's usually on Wednesdays.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
One it was exaggerative, two I typed in my post before yours, three I never said he wouldn't be playable, I said he just wouldn't be in this installment because of his role, four I did appologize, five I was only joking. I don't think he'll be playable this time around, because hes been deconfirmed, I'm sorry if it came out the wrong way. I didn't mean to sound rude, I'm very sorry.
I understand but it exaggerative, but I've seen that too many times in a non-exaggerative way.
Yes I see that.
I get that his role is a major problem in many ways.
Thank you for apologizing.
When the character you're a fan of only attracts trash-tier memes and jokes, you get snippy.
I understand he's got just about no chance anymore. I am also sorry.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
The Splatoon dataminer actually had evidence for her assertion that we're having a Direct on the 14th, which is a Wednesday too.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I understand but it exaggerative, but I've seen that too many times in a non-exaggerative way.
Yes I see that.
I get that his role is a major problem in many ways.
Thank you for apologizing.
When the character you're a fan of only attracts trash-tier memes and jokes, you get snippy.
I understand he's got just about no chance anymore. I am also sorry.
Oh no I'm fine, I feel your pain, plenty of people bring up terrible arguments about Bandana Dee all the time, so it's nothing new to me at all. I completely understand.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Oh no I'm fine, I feel your pain, plenty of people bring up terrible arguments about Bandana Dee all the time, so it's nothing new to me at all. I completely understand.
Isn't Bandana Dee the most requested character to be smashified by Artsy Omni at the moment?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Isn't Bandana Dee the most requested character to be smashified by Artsy Omni at the moment?
Yes, but they've yet to aknowledge his popularity. Omni however would most likely have no problem doing it, he's very into Kirby. Besides that, there's my profile picture by a mystery artist. (Fun fact: This is fanart for a generic Waddle Dee in which Bandana Dee is one of its alts)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He didn't just 'figure it out'...
I just meant that he seems to have found out the same info as well. And it didn't seem like he had heard it from any of the other people, and he's not heavily connected to any of them, either.

All the supposed "leakers" have framed their hints in such a vague manner that they can't be wrong (except for the stealth guy who said it isn't Wolf). I don't see any proof of credibility in theirs bios and statements. Hopefully a few more days until we have an official word.
He said it isn't Wolf, Shovel Knight, or Shantae (before deleting the tweet) and also said that it'd be revealed within the next two weeks (more specifically implying it was next week, this upcoming week).

Which is..........?
I'm not sure. I believe the dataminer found something that indicated the Octolings would become playable on the 16th with "presumably" a Nintendo Direct on the 14th. The Direct part I believe was speculation, but the oddity is that it lines up with other things we've been hearing.

Also, something else interesting I found:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/in-depth-pokemon-go-info-coming-mid-october/

Something they'd likely announce in a Direct, and this week is getting close to the middle of the month. Even then, "mid-month" could be anywhere in the middle two weeks, but to be more specific it'd be late this week or early the following week.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Which is..........?
Are you asking for the dataminer?

NWPlayer. Also know as Nikki.

If you asking for the evidence, then I don't know either. Nikki is interesting. She likes to play around a lot, so in some cases she isn't leaking but rather speculation. Like one time where she pretended to act out a direct on twitter, and when going to the made up amiibo sections, she included the idea that there would be Callie and Marie amiibos, when she said she never found data for them.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Are you asking for the dataminer?

NWPlayer. Also know as Nikki.

If you asking for the evidence, then I don't know either. Nikki is interesting. She likes to play around a lot, so in some cases she isn't leaking but rather speculation. Like one time where she pretended to act out a direct on twitter, and when going to the made up amiibo sections, she included the idea that there would be Callie and Marie amiibos, when she said she never found data for them.

What secrets do you know, tiny, spectacled dataminer

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Talk about leaks again?? Wasn't there supposed to be some stuff happening today?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wednesday, supposedly a direct.
Including Smash news, Pokemon Go! update for information, and some Octoling-centric update for Splatoon.
What is with this whole Octoling fiasco that's got everyone excited?

Burruni

Smash Hero
What is with this whole Octoling fiasco that's got everyone excited?
The fact that within the first... month or two of the game being out that modders were able to get Octoling's model to work functionally with the Inkling for actual Inkopolis and in the actual story mode made them a clear mirror for Inklings?
The data that suggests that there is something that was/is planned for Octolings playable in some capacity (pushed by one of the lead leakers for coming soon)
Or... this artwork shown from one of the official collections (I THINK it was part of the Splatune OST purchase) that shows them without goggles, something never seen in the current game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wednesday, supposedly a direct.
Including Smash news, Pokemon Go! update for information, and some Octoling-centric update for Splatoon.
Pokemon Go! update is happening mid-October. I noted that if there's a Direct this week, that could include the Pokemon Go! info and they may have been hinting at a Direct. That's why I brought it up.

I don't know where people get Wednesday from. The Splatoon leaker said the 14th (Wednesday), and other people say Wednesday simply because many Directs are on Wednesday, but Directs have been any day of the week except Monday.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pokemon Go! update is happening mid-October. I noted that if there's a Direct this week, that could include the Pokemon Go! info and they may have been hinting at a Direct. That's why I brought it up.

I don't know where people get Wednesday from. The Splatoon leaker said the 14th (Wednesday), and other people say Wednesday simply because many Directs are on Wednesday, but Directs have been any day of the week except Monday.
I was giving the most consolidated version of the various strings of information we've gotten from about a dozen "leakers" at this point, sorry for being too generalized in the grouping.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The fact that within the first... month or two of the game being out that modders were able to get Octoling's model to work functionally with the Inkling for actual Inkopolis and in the actual story mode made them a clear mirror for Inklings?
The data that suggests that there is something that was/is planned for Octolings playable in some capacity (pushed by one of the lead leakers for coming soon)
Or... this artwork shown from one of the official collections (I THINK it was part of the Splatune OST purchase) that shows them without goggles, something never seen in the current game.
Yeah, that artwork definitely raises an eyebrow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf is a must have I feel since it has been certain there will be 3 characters as DLC. Another likely bet is King K.Rool for me. Isaac also would be awesome. These two where always my most wanted. Let's hope their popularity matters this time ...

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I want more stages to be in the game. I feel as if most of the new stages for the Wii U version are just boring.

I want:
Fourside
Fountain of dreams
Pokémon Stadium
Yoshi's story
Mute city (Melee) or Big blue
Spear Pillar :spearpillar:
Shadow moses Island (If Snake were to return) :shadowmoses:
Paper Mario (3DS)
Prism tower (3DS)
Unova League (3DS)

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Wolf is a must have I feel since it has been certain there will be 3 characters as DLC. Another likely bet is King K.Rool for me. Isaac also would be awesome. These two where always my most wanted. Let's hope their popularity matters this time ...
Has to be Wolf. He's popularin both in the west and the east.

Oh and, since there is 4 stage slots and 2 of those are the normal stages and the other 2 is for the omega stages. This probably means, One veteran and two newcomers since there will only be two stages. Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy didn't get their own stage unlike Ryu so it's most likely Wolf.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Has to be Wolf. He's popularin both in the west and the east.

Oh and, since there is 4 stage slots and 2 of those are the normal stages and the other 2 is for the omega stages. This probably means, One veteran and two newcomers since there will only be two stages. Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy didn't get their own stage unlike Ryu so it's most likely Wolf.
We already have two Star Fox stages though (and I can't think of a way to make it unique to Wolf) wouldn't a newcomer stage make more sense?

Ulti-Mario

Smash Champion
NNID
DeCorey
What I want to happen: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Crocageddon
Splatoon's last massive update for a while (Octolings Playable in a game mode, +1 weapon class, +2 maps)
Proper Kirby Wii U title
2 Characters Confirmed for Smash
N a new Mario strikers n baseball game

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
We already have two Star Fox stages though (and I can't think of a way to make it unique to Wolf) wouldn't a newcomer stage make more sense?
That's what I'm saying.
Wolf will not get his own stage like the other DLC veterans while the other 2 characters (most likely newcomers) get those 2 stages.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Do you folks think that all 3 empty character slots will be used in the near future? Were there any empty character slots for the last DLC characters?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Do you folks think that all 3 empty character slots will be used in the near future? Were there any empty character slots for the last DLC characters?

I think there is a shot for two, since if I remember correctly they had 2 in the last patch. This extra one, I think was added since they know they have time to finish up another one.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
When Mewtwo was released, the hacker found slots and sound files for Lucas, Roy and Ryu. Months later, those 3 were released on the same day.
I say this new update that Nintendo is cooking up will be sort of as a gift for the holidays, getting 3 characters at the same time.

Last edited:

Dr. Windbox

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatFalconMain
3DS FC
0791-4713-7838
I think that the 3 character slots will be filled with the top 2 ballot characters and one other unexpected character like an obscure third party character. Or the 3 slots are insignificant and they are just fillers to make the internet page seem complete and they will just give us one character from the ballot. I would rather have 3 though!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saying we're getting 3 total is the same as the people saying we'd only get 2 before the latest update. Just because we have three slots doesn't mean we can't get more.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still think that the rumored character is either Bandana Dee or Inkling, although someone from the Smash Wiki told me Bandana Dee may have the upper hand, or arm, I think it's a paw but I'm unsure. And I couldn't agree more with his reason, Inklings have costumes and a trophy in the game, and while that's not the reason why they don't seem right at the moment, it has to do with that, the costumes were made as cross-promotions for Splatoon, and that's the reason. Their game has been out for less than five months, and while it's been a huge success, I personally think they should have some time to sink in before being included in Smash, I think that for now the Splatoon content we have is enough. But I expect them in the next game.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to say.
They added a slot in 1.1.1.
Who says that they won't...
Y'know
Add more?
I stand that it isn't an over-extention to say we'll see 4 dlc characters from now.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My theory with the newest slot (despite having no proof) was that it was another 3rd party that was mid-negotiations as of recent. I just kind of felt like it was random to only add one out of nowhere. But again, I have nothing to corroborate it or anything lol.

Last edited:
Saying we're getting 3 total is the same as the people saying we'd only get 2 before the latest update. Just because we have three slots doesn't mean we can't get more.
The difference here is they set i to 3 slots this late in the game. That isn't to say more is impossible but it is far more logical now then then. It's all in the details :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom