• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Acrostic you watch Master Chef lol that's so random. I haven't watched it the past few weeks. Need to Ketchup. Get it. it's a bout food so i odfjld;dlkfjeiol

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Acrostic you watch Master Chef lol that's so random. I haven't watched it the past few weeks. Need to Ketchup. Get it. it's a bout food so i odfjld;dlkfjeiol
Master Chef, Hotel Hell, Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen. When I really want to see something food related I'll probably play the Cooking Channel for background noise or watch Chopped. Anything presented on Fox gets polluted with drama. I do enjoy the show for the massively edited inappropriateness of it all and the sincere attempt at cooking by the chefs in the first and last ten minutes of the show. But you couldn't get me to sit down for an entire hour to solely watch anything on Fox. Murdoch is really crapping things up, this weekend the a-matter of the Wall Street Journal was all about politics and the most interesting ones were all in non-America at the end of the first section of the paper. It's always been bad since the buyout and you could tell there was a buyout when you see Karl Rove contributing opinion pages at least once a week and the last time Karl Rove was relevant was

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Master Chef, Hotel Hell, Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen. When I really want to see something food related I'll probably play the Cooking Channel for background noise or watch Chopped. Anything presented on Fox gets polluted with drama. I do enjoy the show for the massively edited inappropriateness of it all and the sincere attempt at cooking by the chefs in the first and last ten minutes of the show. But you couldn't get me to sit down for an entire hour to solely watch anything on Fox. Murdoch is really crapping things up, this weekend the a-matter of the Wall Street Journal was all about politics and the most interesting ones were all in non-America at the end of the first section of the paper. It's always been bad since the buyout and you could tell there was a buyout when you see Karl Rove contributing opinion pages at least once a week and the last time Karl Rove was relevant was
I have no idea what any of the bold even means.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/31/maste...sted-university-of-chicago-god-gordon-ramsey/

Orboknown

Smash Hero
no way dude. The bullets would be ****in vaporized, easily. Also storm troopers et al use laser-based weaponry if I remember right, and I dunno what the **** lightsabers are but they're similar enough that the **** ain't gonna penetrate anyway. Or The Force. Or whatever who cares, the Force is cool.
This is assuming that the bullet it hit full on by the saber. Most of the time the blaster bolts are hit at an angle, causing them to ricochet into other beings or the walls. If a straight up bullet were to be hit in this ,manner, a portion of the metal would be superheated and liquefy, burning into the saber user.
Also, sabers are super-heated plasma. the high heat levels is what causes the cauterization(except for that one dude's arm old Ben hacked up in the original movie.)
Coincidentally, there's actually a metal in the Star Wars universe that can survive being hit with a lightsaber. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cortosis
EDIT oh hey look what I found http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lightsaber-vs-a-bullet-what-happens.180738540/

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also there's a creature that makes a bubble where you can't use the force. I think timothy zahn is to blane but whatever.

I think we can agree that given a lightsaber can easily slice through most typical metals, slicing through a bullet would be no different, leaving next to nothing behind. Most rounds capable of being launched from a firearm without disintegrating are probably not going to stand up to a lightsaber.

now, even if a bullet were to pass through a lightsaber and be liquefied, I imagine it would immediately lose it's shape, and momentum, and temperature. it would less be like being hit with a stream of molten metal, and more like a shower of sparks; painful, probably, but not nearly as deadly as a bullet.

also if jedi might as well deflect that bullet and etc.

I'd like to see mythbusters try it out though.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thing is, a lightsaber doesn't actually slow down anything passing into it aside from other lightsabers etc. What's there to slow the bullets momentum?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It isn't supposed to? The super heated blade will melt the bullet, thereby you have a flying mass of super heated metal coming at you.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Vaporized? Also the force? Why is a bullet even getting close? Neo-matrix-style bullet stopping awesomeness.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No way not even close are you kidding me?

Also you're implying they'll miss part of the bullet when they try to stop it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It isn't supposed to? The super heated blade will melt the bullet, thereby you have a flying mass of super heated metal coming at you.
I think that if it loses it's shape it will experience much more air resistance and probably start to split apart and vapourize. then when it does hit you, it won't be one solid hit, but lots of little hits. I guess it could stay together in a kind of raindrop shape due to the surface tension of the metal, but the bullet wouldn't melt evenly as it passes through the lightsaber so i'd be surprised.

How many of those blaster bolts they deflect do they hit square on?
they hit all the blaster bolts exactly where they want them to go! if they want to hit a bullet square on they gone do that.

damn

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
the dr is a ghost-town now wtf no wonder teran tried to find shelter here

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
also super-heated liquid metal probably doesn't pack any punch. you get hit with that it might burn you, sure. it might just ruin your robes though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
the dr is a ghost-town now wtf no wonder teran tried to find shelter here
No joke man, SWF is pretty tragic. **** DGames is about the only place left on Smashboards where there are still people I know, apart from BRoom, but that has a lot of people I don't really know as well. =__=

Wonder if old faces might just come back when Smash 4 gets released, can't imagine they'd stop playing games just because they left this site. Unless they're one of those "oh I'm all growed up don't have no time to play games that's just not possible because I'm so mature and responsible"

5 repo visits and one STD later...

"It was GTA's fault"

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The community is actually one of the best parts about dgames imo. We're all familiar enough with each other where we can joke around, trash each other, and yet still enjoy a casual game without ********.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Does anyone know a good PC based program that works as an alarm clock, lets me use my own mp3's, without costing me money?

also i just woke up at 1am what is my sleep schedule even

Top Bottom