• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker

I did it. I ****ing did it.

Level 41 across the board because I wanted to attempt Shinryu without getting hit with Level 2 Old or Level 3 Flare. Still almost wasn't enough. These jobs just suck so much ass that I don't want to level enough to beat Shinryu/Omega. It would literally be leveling until I have a max HP Dancer so that my White Mage could carry me through it and that's not increased challenge that's increased grind.

Anyway, back to the boss I DID manage to beat. First form, cake walk. I actually got hit with White Hole on my healer TWICE leaving him petrified and dead which was the worst luck of any attempt I had made. I actually started Neo-Exdeath with my healer not Protected or Shelled like the rest of my team (thanks Berserker). Luckily, I found out that one of the four pieces of the final boss (the least threatening) is killed by Odin. I later learned that it only works with the Magic Lamp version of Odin. I found out by mashing the lamp for damage in an earlier attempt. Lucky thing, that. It took out a fair bit of his bite even though he could still wreck me. I eventually made the right decisions on when to heal and when to swing without getting unlucky enough for my White Mage to get hit with a status effect that would end my run (Berserk/Silence/anything debilitating while the rest of my team was hit with other status effects) and got through three of the four parts of the second form.

That's when I found out that, when left alone, the last piece will just spam the strongest spell in the game at you. That's horse ****. I EVENTUALLY made it back and juggled the last two bits to 9k health and 2k health respectively. Then I just killed him with Sword Dance and Holy before he could start using Meteor (Note, Meteor kills 2-3 members of my team per cast through Shell).

Glad I finished it. Can understand why 80% of the people who rolled Dancer last time didn't finish the run. I HIGHLY doubt that next year's Fiesta can hurl anything worse than this at me and maybe then I'll roll a team strong enough to fight the optional bosses and do the GBA post-game dungeon that I still haven't tried.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker

I did it. I ****ing did it.

Level 41 across the board because I wanted to attempt Shinryu without getting hit with Level 2 Old or Level 3 Flare. Still almost wasn't enough. These jobs just suck so much *** that I don't want to level enough to beat Shinryu/Omega. It would literally be leveling until I have a max HP Dancer so that my White Mage could carry me through it and that's not increased challenge that's increased grind.

Anyway, back to the boss I DID manage to beat. First form, cake walk. I actually got hit with White Hole on my healer TWICE leaving him petrified and dead which was the worst luck of any attempt I had made. I actually started Neo-Exdeath with my healer not Protected or Shelled like the rest of my team (thanks Berserker). Luckily, I found out that one of the four pieces of the final boss (the least threatening) is killed by Odin. I later learned that it only works with the Magic Lamp version of Odin. I found out by mashing the lamp for damage in an earlier attempt. Lucky thing, that. It took out a fair bit of his bite even though he could still wreck me. I eventually made the right decisions on when to heal and when to swing without getting unlucky enough for my White Mage to get hit with a status effect that would end my run (Berserk/Silence/anything debilitating while the rest of my team was hit with other status effects) and got through three of the four parts of the second form.

That's when I found out that, when left alone, the last piece will just spam the strongest spell in the game at you. That's horse ****. I EVENTUALLY made it back and juggled the last two bits to 9k health and 2k health respectively. Then I just killed him with Sword Dance and Holy before he could start using Meteor (Note, Meteor kills 2-3 members of my team per cast through Shell).

Glad I finished it. Can understand why 80% of the people who rolled Dancer last time didn't finish the run. I HIGHLY doubt that next year's Fiesta can hurl anything worse than this at me and maybe then I'll roll a team strong enough to fight the optional bosses and do the GBA post-game dungeon that I still haven't tried.
Nah man, Shinyru is easy, lemme tell you what you do. Berserk his ass. Then, let your Berserker go ham on him. EVERYONE needs HermesSandals. Don't have any other character do ANYTHING, just let the Berserker do work. Just put Memory Cursor on, and have everyone sit and wait until someone gets hit by Shinryu's attack. When you get hit, one guy, and only one, is going to die. Use a PhoenixDown on that person. Then wait for him to do it again. If you've got a fat stack of Phoenixdowns (you should, after all that grinding. If you don't, just walk out and go buy 'em) you should outlast him without too many problems. Don't waste time trying to heal, just take ur hits, and revive every time. EZ PZ. Rune Axe should score some decent dmg on him, if u weren't already using it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's funny. Because, even with Hermes Sandals, he still gets two turns to my one and one shots my units with physical attacks through protect. That's exactly what I just tried. Not to mention that he goes first and one-shots my team unless I'm running 4 Coral Rings.

Also, I editted my posts with the characters final stats shown in the credits.

EDIT: He MIIIIIIIIGHT not one-shot Lenna through protect. Like 40 HP remaining might not.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Hmm, your classes must just not be fast enough.... that sucks. I had Bard when I did that, and they are pretty fast. I also put EquipHarp on my zerker, which not only increased my zerker's speed, but also gave him the Apollo Harp, which did tons of dmg, because it does 8x dmg to dragons. That's quite unfortunate.

And yeah... **** Omega, I don't think your team can take him, even if u leveled up to 99 on everyone. Most of his attacks are gravity based, so having more HP won't help, and gaining levels doesn't increase any other stat. You REALLY need to cheese that fight by exposing his weaknesses, like spamming the bard's Love Song/Romeo's Ballad to keep him Stop Locked, or pummeling the **** out of him with Thunder based weapons. Those are... the only ways I know of. I think he can be berserked in my version of the game with my Chemist due to a !Mix glitch, but not only do you not have a Chemist to !Mix with, you're also playing a version where that glitch was fixed.

EDIT: one other thing you can try for Shinryu is to have everyone with Mirage Vests (you can steal them from something, I forget what), and there's a glitch where if u swap weapons, it retriggers the auto-Blink from the vest. If you slap Main Gauche's on as many guys as u can, u might be able to dodge hits consistently instead of dying. Would be a lot trickier to manage, but it might work. You just gotta get Berserk out faster than he can Tidal Wave.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dancer probably gets a turn before him, but fat lot of good that does me.

As for Omega, I could actually live through him, I think. That is, if I was max level (with enough health, I could Berserk Shinryu and not get one-shot so I wouldn't need haste). I would just need to use Fire Rings so Atomic Ray healed me and deal with his petrify. Spamming Curaga is stupid and Arise is an AMAZING stop-gap.

Side-note: I do about 6K to Shinryu and 3K to Omega with Sword Dance. I did 9999 to Neo Exdeath. Sqeenix plz, cut me some slack.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
EDIT: one other thing you can try for Shinryu is to have everyone with Mirage Vests (you can steal them from something, I forget what), and there's a glitch where if u swap weapons, it retriggers the auto-Blink from the vest. If you slap Main Gauche's on as many guys as u can, u might be able to dodge hits consistently instead of dying. Would be a lot trickier to manage, but it might work. You just gotta get Berserk out faster than he can Tidal Wave.
Hmm, if it's based on dodging, then I might not even have to be faster. I could put a Coral Ring on my White Mage at least. I could run three Main Gauche's but that would take literally forever. I think I would run three and the Chicken Knife on Lenna. Hermes boots on one of the two side characters and Coral ring on the other. Bring as many Phoenix Downs as I could carry.

But **** man, that would take 7 years to kill him.

Again, with that idea I could just level until I could live through the first turn Tidal Wave, but it hits everyone for 8K.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
the thing is that level calculates pretty significantly (I think?) into how much dmg u do, and Shinryu and Omega are both over level 100, which is why u do so much less dmg. You can never catch up to them. They both also have Heavy status, which Exdeath does not. That's where the bulk of the dmg reduction comes from. And... against Shinryu, you can run from that battle. Don't put the Chicken Knife on Lenna, you will run away. Use the Rune Axe, it uses MP to crit, which helps u bypass Shinryu's high defense.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can't escape either battle, I believe, but it still wastes your attack.

Also Exdeath and all but one part of NeoExdeath are heavy (that one bit isn't heavy and dies to Magic Lamp Odin).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, it's one of the reasons that you need your Chicken Knife wielder to have some kind of alternate !Command to bypass the escape chance. It's part of why Dancers using the Chicken Knife isn't just nifty, it's actually pretty ideal. A Mystic Knight with the Ranger's !Rapidfire command is the most GODLIKE Chicken Knife wielder of them all. Sword magic, 4 hits, no run chance, perfection.

Next year I'm gonna run TeamNo750+BerserkerRisk, and that combination would be pretty ideal, but the plan is to get 2 Berserkers because why not? Monk > Berserker > Ranger > Berserker is actually what I'm hoping to get. Kinda seems like the ultimate "lol, you got 2 berserkers!" party.

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
protips for going out:
  • if someone asks you to talk to their wife for them, it will not end well
  • under no circumstances should you wear gym shorts when you're hitting the club/bar

man i forgot how much I missed hood ppl

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
V/LA until Monday, the 23rd

****. I was trying to log back in to this account and I got scared cuz "the user 'ranmaru' could not be found' I was like

AHHHH I WAS DELETEDDDDDDD

forgot about the name change haha

peace

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Daykill Omni I never bluff. @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Flavor?
The last fledging rays of light drift below the horizon as the town, arguing in heated froth against one another, nevertheless begin to find a common ground in condemnation of Omni.

Just then, a shot rings out.

Everyone falls silent, their vitriol forgotten.

A bloodcurdling scream cuts that thick silence as Mrs. McCarthy realizes that a corpse now lays beside her in place of a man.

Omni was Oscar "Battling Batty Bat" Nelson, the Durable Dane, mafia lightweight champ.
Night 2 begins now and lasts 24 hours. Get your night actions in, or they will be randomized.
And remember, no posting!

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Lately in a wreck of a Californian ship, one of the passengers fastened a belt about him with two hundred pounds of gold in it, with which he was found afterwards at the bottom. Now, as he was sinking - had he the gold? or the gold him?

- John Ruskin, Unto This Last

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
While I appreciate the thought process behind those kinds of things, they all fall through when you realize that objects without life (that never had it either) can't possess anything.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
how do you know whether or not gold has life? what is life anyways? were all just like cogs in this roarin machine man, doing work for that the man tells us to. we gotta just love and appreciate everything around us, because what are we if not just another measly thing in nature?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
how do you know whether or not gold has life? what is life anyways? were all just like cogs in this roarin machine man, doing work for that the man tells us to. we gotta just love and appreciate everything around us, because what are we if not just another measly thing in nature?
pls lmao

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@ #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker

I think I might have figured out something that could let you beat Shinryu. Strip all the gear off all your guys. The weight slows them down, and since ur gonna get 1shotted by Shinryu anyway, getting some extra speed might make it easier to keep up with him. Nothing but HermesSandals, and ur zerker's weapon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom