• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
I'm running UMvC3 and P4A. I'm not looking for huge attendance for these since they are specifically side events. I'm really okay if the fighting game community doesn't come out, this tourney's focus is Smash and the side games are for Smashers to have extra fun.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i will be accepting money matches at this tournament. dallas scrubs, i know none of you are any good at melee or probably anything else but this is an open challenge to any of you.

melee MMS, 3/5 MBR rules any money amount 1-10 dollars

Jake13

Smash Lord
not a member I'd the dfw fb page, keep me updated plz, I'm coming in friday night!

emily what is the sleeping situation at your crib, like what is there to sleep on/where do we sleep at?

:phone:

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Hi Jake, I talked to Kalo and he said you guys were staying at Sethlon's since I don't have enough space.

Actually Sethlon, does this mean you need your sleeping bags back? I have two of them.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Ok good, since it looks like I'll need them for the Austin pt 2 crowd. Woo hoo, I'm excited guys! I'm getting more and more stuff to giveaway like everyday. I hope the side tournies go well.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
assuming we get ample entrants will there be pools and an amateur bracket?

and is brinstar really not on the stage list? that is like dallas's signature stage

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
assuming we get ample entrants will there be pools and an amateur bracket?

and is brinstar really not on the stage list? that is like dallas's signature stage
I'm also going to answer this in the tourney thread since it seems pertinent there.

Depending on entrants and how I'm feeling, there will probably be pools and a novice bracket (re: most likely). Haven't heard much hubbub about finals RR so I'll probably just stick with normal bracket format

Yeah I took it off, it didn't seem to add much to the game or the Texas/Dallas scene.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
k well after you seed pools or bracket i can help you run matches and walk around turning off gamecubes and yelling at jake and oscar for playing friendlies if you want

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Play Saturday? We can play at my place in Euless unless someone in Plano wants to play. Or possibly Denton to play with some new peeps.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
man me n u used to play at every event emily and we havent played since like feb. u better be gettin good u scrub

emily "better than hannah" waves

Nova2X

Smash Cadet

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey Dallas people. I'm going to be in TX from next Monday (the 8th) until the 24th. I'm also interested in going to that Little Rock tournament, so if there's any Dallas person who wants to carpool, let me know.

Or, you know, hang out while I'm in town. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on the 12th so I might be a little out of commission but I'll do my best!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Sounds like we need to get together at least once then. I'm open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
EDIT: You probably don't want to meet at my house though. I live on the other side of the metroplex. Would you be willing to travel to Arlington for a smashfest?

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah if we smash in arlington im down to host. emily might be able to possibly, she might live closer.

Wobbles Sethlon and I are looking to go to the oct 20 tourney

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Awesome! If you can save a spot in your car for me I'd really like to go. I just need to check with my folks (since I'm staying with them) but I'll do my part to chip in for gas and such.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Hi Kalo, yeah I didn't get many friendlies in, just a few against newcomers and such. Plus, did you see Hannah play?? Pretty sure she'll wipe the floor with me.

Wobbles, where do you live? I'm sure we can get a few smashfests in while you're here and I'm down for hosting in Euless. Feel free to post in the Facebook group too.

re: Little Rock, I'd love to go! I need to check my schedule to see what's up. But since San Antonio is the week after, would you guys want to go to both?

Sethlon: Can you add 10/20 Little Rock and 10/27 San Antonio to the thread title?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm PROBABLY gonna be staying somewhere in the Plano/Addison area. Odds are I won't have a vehicle at my disposal.

Oracle

Smash Master
emily i'm not sure about san antonio. Doesn't look to me that the smash turnout will be that big, in addition to not being catered to very well. "Super Smash Bros Brawl & Melee @ 1:30 pm" means they're at the same time, with probably no doubles. There isn't even a melee ruleset posted, seems like it was more of an afterthought. That being said, do you know who all is going from the rest of texas?

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm probably going to skip Little Rock and just go to San Antonio, or maybe do both? Blegh, not sure about schedule right now.

Also, I was talking to the guys at Area 51, and they seemed interested in having a LoL all night lock in some time. I think I'll be running it so wanted to put that out there to see if any of yall were interested.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm 99% sure i'll have access to the prius, so i can drive to little rock. Anyone else besides alex and wobbles want to come?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Regarding smashfests while I'm in town:

Tomorrow my wisdom teeth get removed. I will basically be useless for a few days after that. Then I'll be more alright but I'll still look like a chipmunk and I'll probably be on painkillers so IF YOU WANT TO DEFEAT ME THAT'S YOUR CHANCE :D

Regarding Little Rock: I'm staying in Addison. What would the basic plan regarding pickups/driving arrangements be? And do we know anything about housing yet?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Rob is in Arlington atm, which puts you right between me and him Wobbles, so pick up should be pretty easy.

Speaking of smashfests; Project M fest at my place this friday! I wanted to have one last week but I got lazy and then it was too last minute. If you melee kids want to bring a setup to play with sir Wobbles thats cool with me.

And for any of you who missed it, my Roy combo video is out now

Nova2X

Smash Cadet
LAST CALL FOR RESTITUTION

SMASH I RESTITUION IN ARKANSAS DONT FORGET
Just a reminder about the tournament going to be held in LITTLE ROCK OCTOBER 20TH

PLEASE get in touch with me if you are going so I can get a headcount for the tourney 8703301496, It's going to be loads of fun and you can get to know smashers that you didn't even know existed in Arkansas, We dont lay down easily. Check out the facebook page and Smashboards post, It's gonna be legit so dont miss it
Facebook event page \/
https://www.facebook.com/events/4865...65468/?fref=ts

Smashboards tournament link \/
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328302

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Yo Negros. Is there still room in the Rob Arkansas car? I'm kinda interested and I've been playing a little since I settled into my new digs.
AND I HAVE MONEY NOW OMG SO HAPPY I CAN EAT FOOD AGAIN. :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
Also who's planning on attending the smashfest on friday for melee? I wanna go, but not if I'm gonna be the only person bringing a set up again where it'll be 4 of us on my ****ty tv. I'm not really a fan of trading off, cause I play really bad when I do that. :glare: /johns

Oracle

Smash Master
Unless emily objects there should be a spot (technically there will be one even if she does, but not sure if yall want to drive 4.5 hours with three in the backseat of a prius)

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Emily if as an incentive to being squished next to me for 4+ hours, I'll have you know I'm a pretty clean kid. And I've got dat car melee doe. Hours of entertainment:cool:

I like all of these smileys way too much.

Top Bottom