• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
-------------------------------------------------------

DFW area smashfests;
Join our Facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/350398944989752/ We post in the group pretty much anytime we play smash.

Richardson/Plano Sundays at Sethlon's - Roughly every other Sunday now Fridays. PM me for my address if you're interested! My cell # is 832-482-5588, feel free to call/text for whatever.

Dallas proper all day, errdays at Emily's - "I can basically play every night of the week and on the weekends. Call me call me if you ever want to play."
Her cell number is 817-901-8230.

Arlington Thursdays/Fridays at UTA - depending on activity in Arlington. Problemo is planning on getting things together, his number is 817-627-7907.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oracle

Smash Master
we need all the melee we can get, so sure XD

I might want to do something on wednesday, anybody else?

Also we could talk to whoever is inevitably organizing brawl for akon and ask if we could set up a few maylay TV'

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
Um, I've still got class Mon-Thurs, but thats only during the days. Most nights and weekends are a definite possibility for me, just depends where at and whether or not I have a ride <_<.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Can dallas show up to Test Your Skills 10? There is a 25$ bounty on lee martin. Whoever beats him out of the tournament gets 25$. Hope to see some of you all there :]

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why is there even a Bounty on him??? Why isn't there one on me?? Wth lol

And I'll be making multiple trips to Dallas this summer...I already made 3...where the **** were y'all >_<

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Dallas sucks, San Antonio will 4-stock you any day.

I miss you guys already.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Go Dallas!

Chris, we miss you.
Let's have a smashfest in the memory of Bluezaft the Blue. It'll be BYOH (Bring Your Own Handkerchiefs). Tissues will not be provided at the venue. Mariah Carey songs will be set to On.
He..he was a good guy... :cry: *JC tears*

On a brighter note...who wants to do metapod dittos at this fest? :011: :011:
$45 MM? Anyone? My metapod is pretty technical... :011: <-- really fast

All of this A.K.A.
Let's keep Dallas Melee alive, people. There are new players joining in, some folks (including myself) are getting better, and there are the competitors of Dallas. At this rate, we could have some nice tournaments and smashfests in the future. I'm looking forward to playing and hanging out with everyone.

And, best of luck in graduate school, Chris. Hope you like it in Minnesota.

Happy Smashing! =)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
uh have you ever done anything in a real tournament syba, lololololol

RedShadow: Arlington is definitely in the metroplex, so you're Dallas

Maybe now that emozaft and his clouded judgment of distance is gone we can trick some Dallas people to come to the wasteland

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Soooo, I was thinking that I would let Zac take over the whole Brawl tourney scene here in Dallas and I would move to Melee... How does that work with you guys? I don't mind finding venues and setting up dates and things like that if y'all want the help.

I was talking to some guys in OK and they said they would come down if I did a Melee only tourney, so I'm pretty sure we could pull in the people.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Houston will attend this...wait what day(s) could it possibly be happening?

I myself may not be able to make it, but there are still a few Houston players who are just dying to get out of this city. Post more details on it and we'll get back to you with an answer.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
So anybody want to Smash tomorrow afternoon? Me and DoH are hunting for folks to play with. My place doesn't work because my folks and I are changing apartments and everything's a giant mess.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Soooo, I was thinking that I would let Zac take over the whole Brawl tourney scene here in Dallas and I would move to Melee... How does that work with you guys? I don't mind finding venues and setting up dates and things like that if y'all want the help.

I was talking to some guys in OK and they said they would come down if I did a Melee only tourney, so I'm pretty sure we could pull in the people.
Only melee = love

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Ladybug (Monica? I'm bad with names)

Does the 26th work? Where would you be hosting said events?

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
****, sorry to hear about you guys loss, I'm sure he meant alot to you guys like NES n00b meant in our region.

Well I dunno if you guys still play alot of melee or not but I just want to know are any smash fests going on this weekend? I will be in Dallas up until Sunday (since my trip to DEV has been cut short). And I wanted to see what the Dallas scene is all about. I have some combo videos you guys can see to give you a thought of what my playing is about before I went to brawl (Bad mistake cause it messed up my tech skill completely):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpBwet6hVH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HV1r39suKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWOj-oV-XKo

Well let me know if you guys are having anything up, I would really like to play Dallas best and I've wanted to meet the Dallas melee community for the longest.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Ladybug (Monica? I'm bad with names)

Does the 26th work? Where would you be hosting said events?
One: yes it's Monica :)

Two: check your VM.

I move out of Waterview on the first so after that I'm on the hunt for venues but CGX (where BlueZaft played once?) said I could hold stuff there and I'm pretty sure the place I'm moving into has a place that we can rent out and use too. If all else fails and it's a small tourney, I got 743 square feet of space after the first. Haha.

Sorry about the loss guys. :(

Top Bottom