• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be in Mckinney the weekend of the 16th. I'm also going to try to make it to the Project M tourney on the 30th :) I may need a place to stay for a night or so on the weekend of the 16th, and I'd like to play at some point while I'm there :) (Project M, Melee, or both)
Sorry I'm out of town that weekend, or else I'd try to host something and offer housing :( right now I'm looking at either the 23rd or 30th if Sethlon is interested in a PM/Melee tourney?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Sorry I'm out of town that weekend, or else I'd try to host something and offer housing :( right now I'm looking at either the 23rd or 30th if Sethlon is interested in a PM/Melee tourney?
That's okay, thanks though. :) I'll find somewhere. Sethlon, would you be able to play that weekend?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
...right now I'm looking at either the 23rd or 30th if Sethlon is interested in a PM/Melee tourney?
Possibly. I still think it would be weird to be playing two games so similar in tournament on the same day.

That's okay, thanks though. :) I'll find somewhere. Sethlon, would you be able to play that weekend?
There is a chance that me and the roommates will be starting to move to a new apartment that weekend...not 100% on that yet though.

Also, in case you guys missed my DFW facebook post about wednesday smashfests yesterday;
"So. Wednesday smashfests. Project M seems to have a pretty big demand; last wednesday's PM only fest got a lot of people (i think it was like...15 total). I'm gonna try to have both Melee and PM at this weeks 'fest, we'll have to see if theres enough room for both. If it ends up being too crowded, I'll probly start switching off between PM only and Melee only every other fest."

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I'm alone in this, but I'm not interested in Project M so I hope you'll continue to have melee setups.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Sethlon, that's cool. I'll just check in closer to that time. I can always just go home, but I figured if I had the chance, I'd to take it.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Possibly. I still think it would be weird to be playing two games so similar in tournament on the same day.
Seeing as how it's basically the same player pool, I don't see much of a problem. But obvi it's up to you. I'm down with hosting Melee but only if you are.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thats actually one of the reasons why it would complicate things IMO. Same number of people, but they're all entering two events simultaneously and they're splitting their setups between two games. The brawl/melee events are nice in that most people aren't in both (so you don't have to wait on people who are currently playing in the other game), and each game has setups from their community.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm gonna be in Mckinney the weekend of the 16th. I'm also going to try to make it to the Project M tourney on the 30th :) I may need a place to stay for a night or so on the weekend of the 16th, and I'd like to play at some point while I'm there :) (Project M, Melee, or both)
That weekend i might have a house to myself so i could house you maybe in the week leading up. Dont count on it though, i have to double check dates

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Qpac was actually saying in the Texas Melee facebook group that he will be having his house open for a smashfest + housing on that weekend

MT_

Smash Ace
Austin is planning another one of our fantastic tourneys and our projected date is 7/21. How does this date sound to you guys? Is there anything big that may take turnout away on that day/weekend?

Oracle

Smash Master
I have a large house to myself this week so is anyone down for a saturday smashfest? Most days this week would work

MT_

Smash Ace
Man, I'd be interested in going to a tournament in Austin.
I was going to get the date settled with the main Texas areas and then extend the invitation to Oklahoma and the other surrounding states. I'll let you guys know when things get set in stone!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Austin is planning another one of our fantastic tourneys and our projected date is 7/21. How does this date sound to you guys? Is there anything big that may take turnout away on that day/weekend?
I like this date.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Since Rob's house is open this week, Wednesday smashfest will be at his place! Text him for details/address; 214-914-2134

As far as I know there isn't anything happening then.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
So, I know it's still almost week away, but I'd like to confirm if (and when/where) I could have housing in the Dallas area, or if I should just sleep in my car and then drive back to Austin. Which is not a problem, btw. afaik I'll need housing Friday night or Saturday, and possibly both. If no one can provide this, it's not a big deal at all. I'm prepared for this possibility and I'd rather not impose.

Thanks!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Silly Dphat...I hold the smashfests now!
And yes, for anyone not in the DFW melee facebook group, smashfest is on for today, 6pm per usual. We still only have one functional TV at the apartment, so set ups are appreciated!

Top Bottom