• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
.... Uh no. I'm rather happy that he's an assist. He didn't deserve a slot because he had at the time of deciding the roster only had one game appearance, and in the end it turned out he wasn't even the real antagonist behind the story; it was Demise. Maybe if he gets some more appearances in later titles will I reconsider my stance; but even now he hasn't earned a spot against the likes of Villager, Mega Man, and Little Mac.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
.... Uh no. I'm rather happy that he's an assist. He didn't deserve a slot because he had at the time of deciding the roster only had one game appearance, and in the end it turned out he wasn't even the real antagonist behind the story; it was Demise. Maybe if he gets some more appearances in later titles will I reconsider my stance; but even now he hasn't earned a spot against the likes of Villager, Mega Man, and Little Mac.
He deserved it more than the other possibilities : Demise, another clone, or impa, ANOTHER clone. Also Demise had 0 impact on the story it was simpl y"oh damn we need to explain ganondorfs existance but the game is basically finished...let's tug a ganondorf looking thing at the end without making any real effort as a boss". That is ALL Demise is.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
He deserved it more than the other possibilities : Demise, another clone, or impa, ANOTHER clone. Also Demise had 0 impact on the story it was simpl y"oh damn we need to explain ganondorfs existance but the game is basically finished...let's tug a ganondorf looking thing at the end without making any real effort as a boss". That is ALL Demise is.
Ganondorf does not look anything like Demise. In fact to me; he makes me think of a combination Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Blade.

And there were plenty of other characters they could've picked; Tingle, Midna, and even Vaati, Impa, Toon Zelda, Tetra, all were better options. And whoever said that Impa HAD to be a clone is an absolute MORON.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think she was just being playful Keyblade. At any rate, why are we pretending we know who deserves what?

And if you've been paying attention to the roster, you'd know that only making one game appearance actually doesn't mean anything.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
The mixed feels. Theres just SO many AT's this time around... its gonna take a long time before the ones we want to help us appear. Midna, Dark Samus, now our Demon Lord.

My heart is not filled with rainbows this day...

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think she was just being playful Keyblade. At any rate, why are we pretending we know who deserves what?

And if you've been paying attention to the roster, you'd know that only making one game appearance actually doesn't mean anything.
No, but still Ghirahim doesn't make much sense. Every other character on that roster (sans CloneyClone Lucina and Robin) have had a major impact on Nintendo's history and are recognized as true all-stars amongst Nintendo's finest. Lucina and Robin even had #SakuraiBias and MuhRecency on their side to get them in. Lucina was full-on clone; she was easy to make and that's the only reason she's in.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
No, but still Ghirahim doesn't make much sense. Every other character on that roster (sans CloneyClone Lucina and Robin) have had a major impact on Nintendo's history and are recognized as true all-stars amongst Nintendo's finest. Lucina and Robin even had #SakuraiBias and MuhRecency on their side to get them in. Lucina was full-on clone; she was easy to make and that's the only reason she's in.
...no..

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Today we weep, brothers and sisters of the Debbiehood.

But we shall not stop believing, as the dream of smash never truly dies, it just waits to see the light of another installment.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, at least we'll see him kicking everyone's butt (even ours) when someone summons him, and we can behold his fabulousness in the trophy gallery. Could be worse.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
DAMMIT

Those Assist Trophies are really adding up though.
Tell me about it. As a Metroid fan we got 3 (Metroid/Dark Samus/Mother Brain).

You guys get 4 (Tingle/Skull Kid/Midna/Ghirahim).

It's cold. Hopefully both series will still get a newcomer. Beast Ganon/Impa anyone?

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Y'know what, Ghirahim got more respect than Zant did. At least he got his own assist trophy, one that looks great too. And you can bet your ass Demise won't make an appearance. Although I would like Groose as an assist trophy as well.

I think he would've made for an interesting character based on moveset potential alone, but oh well. What can you do, it's Sakurai.

It sucks, but honestly could be worse.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm really sorry guys, it must hurt like a last survivor to be cannibalized without mercy while watching his comrades and any hope of rescue die with them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't feel bad for Ghirahim.
He was too fabulous to fight with those underlings. They didn't deserve his greatness.

At this point, I feel there are three main contenders for Zelda newcomers.
Impa, Pig Ganon, and Vaati, in no specific order.

Personally, I would prefer Pig Ganon the most, and then Vaati. Impa wouldn't really bring anything new to Smash, and would probably just be a Sheik clone or semi-clone. Hyrule Warriors is too new to have any impact on Smash 4, so Impa can't have her giant sword. And before HW, the only time she has ever fought was in Skyward Sword, in which she was very similar to a ninja, and her movements were very Sheik-like.

micstar615

Smash Ace
sorry guys. But to be fair he didn't deserve a slot really.
Well you're entitled to your opinion, I think he would've been the best choice for a Zelda newcomer by far. Many characters that are included aren't super important to their series and Ghirahim is still really popular and could've added something unique. I think "deserve" is subjective, especially considering that many think that some of the characters confirmed in also don't "deserve" the slot. Ghirahim may have been unlikely but I think if he did make it in, many wouldn't have been super shocked either.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Condolences?

Ghirahim is an assist trophy in Smash 4.

That's freaking awesome! :laugh:
You never disappoint me Holder.

But I agree. The Assist Trophy-line up has to be one of the best things in this game at this point. I hope the thing about All-Star Mode is true, because maybe Ghirahim and other villains could serve some role of sorts.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Well, that stinks. Ghirahim never had a huge shot, but I know plenty of people would've liked to see him playable in the game. From what I've seen his character is really well received. I know that if Ghirahim got in, I definitely would've played him somewhat.

I guess let's just take solace in the fact that he's playable in Hyrule Warriors. Looks to be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Plus his assist trophy looks really cool. Let's just hope that he'll return in future Zelda games.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well you're entitled to your opinion, I think he would've been the best choice for a Zelda newcomer by far. Many characters that are included aren't super important to their series and Ghirahim is still really popular and could've added something unique. I think "deserve" is subjective, especially considering that many think that some of the characters confirmed in also don't "deserve" the slot. Ghirahim may have been unlikely but I think if he did make it in, many wouldn't have been super shocked either.
Name one character in the series who doesn't deserve their slot (besides Roy and Pichu)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Name one character in the series who doesn't deserve their slot (besides Roy and Pichu)
A lot of you will probably hate me for this, but I don't think Jigglypuff nor the Ice Climbers deserve their spot. Jigglypuff is as relevant as a hundred other Pokémon. She got in because Sakurai liked her. Granted, she is a unique fighter now, but if we're just judging them by their other appearances, Jigglypuff shouldn't be in Smash. The same goes for the Ice Climbers. They deserve the place as much as many other retro characters.

They both got in because they could have a unique moveset, but Ghirahim could have had a very unique moveset too. We'll never know, sadly.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
A lot of you will probably hate me for this, but I don't think Jigglypuff nor the Ice Climbers deserve their spot. Jigglypuff is as relevant as a hundred other Pokémon. She got in because Sakurai liked her. Granted, she is a unique fighter now, but if we're just judging them by their other appearances, Jigglypuff shouldn't be in Smash. The same goes for the Ice Climbers. They deserve the place as much as many other retro characters.

They both got in because they could have a unique moveset, but Ghirahim could have had a very unique moveset too. We'll never know, sadly.
Jigglypuff was relevant at the time of 64 because of the anime and she was the second most popular pokemon in Japan behind Pikachu.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I'll give you the Ice Climbers; HOWEVER they had an incredibly unique gimmick of 2-in-1; Ghirahim just has magic and swords. Not something that a hundred other more relevant characters could have done.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suppose I'm late, but don't get too heated up. It's probably better for everyone if no detractor comments are made at this point.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Jigglypuff was relevant at the time of 64 because of the anime and she was the second most popular pokemon in Japan behind Pikachu.
I'm aware of that, but she's not relevant anymore, and she's there because she is "untouchable" now. I'm not complaining, I like her fighting style (though I suck when I play as her), but there's a lot of more relevant and popular Pokémon now that I'd prefer to see instead of her.

I'll give you the Ice Climbers; HOWEVER they had an incredibly unique gimmick of 2-in-1; Ghirahim just has magic and swords. Not something that a hundred other more relevant characters could have done.
Well, Ghirahim has a very unique fighting style, with the way he moves and everything, and Sakurai is really good at making characters feel unique. Anyways, we shouldn't argue about this. Ghirahim's fate is sealed. He's an AT, which is the second best thing that can happen to a character in Smash, so it's all fine.

micstar615

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter who I name, it's subjective. You can make a case going either way for many characters, Ghirahim as well. The point is: Ghirahim may have been unlikely but to say he didn't "deserve" it is something else altogether, it's subjective because Sakurai's idea of who "deserves" to be in is inconsistent in general and depends on many factors, to say there's a set criteria is ridiculous considering what we know of the roster so far, the "deserve" or "doesn't deserve" cases can be made for many cast members and just leads to needless flame wars.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Honestly as much as I wanted the most FABULOUS demon lord known to man to get in perhaps we will still get a new Zelda villain. Sakurai has stated he feels like Toon Link is really important so perhaps we will get a villain appropriate to him as in perhaps Vaati.

I know that he is no Ghirahim but perhaps that may take a little bit of the pain away if that did happen?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
mmmmmmmmmm wee needed this ***** omg.

Like wtf I'm gonna faint.

Girahim would have been a sexy as hell character.

His alts could have been him dressed in drag. He'd be a drag queen.

Imagine him in drag teamed with peach in a team battle. OMG....LIKEOOOOMG.

We here in the gay smash community are highly disappointed and hope to have great mouth sex with girahim in the next smash.

Divas out~

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Honestly as much as I wanted the most FABULOUS demon lord known to man to get in perhaps we will still get a new Zelda villain. Sakurai has stated he feels like Toon Link is really important so perhaps we will get a villain appropriate to him as in perhaps Vaati.

I know that he is no Ghirahim but perhaps that may take a little bit of the pain away if that did happen?
Propably would ease it, as he was my second villain of choice. Also, another mage would be awesome, although I'll propably be stuck with robin most of the time.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Today is the saddest day for me in these boards... My love for Ghirahim is infinity...
I changed my avatar and username for him... still...
So MUCH mixed fells, I'm somewhat happy since he made it to being an Assist Trophy, but the tears of sadness, they will never stop...

My post will be a memorable one with lot of my favorite images of Him

tumblr_n0y5prJBBF1rp6a78o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n8rvxoMW0a1th55ndo1_500.jpg

And this one is special...
lord_ghirahim_poster_4_by_deidara_clone-d51brth.jpg

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm sorry everybody. I was in full support of him too; I really thought he had a chance.

Unfortunately, I think it is the end of the road for us entirely. I feel as if Ghirahim was a 'now or never' kind of deal, and probably will never be playable in any later Smash games.
When it comes time for the next iteration of Smash Bros, sadly I think our favorite Demon Lord will be thrown into the pile of 'irrelevant Zelda villains'. Ghirahim's fate is not unlike what happened to Skull Kid after he wasn't in Brawl.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Wait, is Ganon not a possibility?

Either way, I too thought he had a chance of getting in, despite being a one-off (until Hyrule Warriors showed up, but that's a spinoff). But since AT's feel and look really powerful this time around, I guess that fate isn't all too bad either.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
It was always risky having 3 very unlikely characters as my main 3 supports. I knew that.....
But I thought that the charade of their unknown presences in Sm4sh would forever be unattained until its release.
Alas, such a childish belief...... But it was fun....

I'm... *sniffle*.... Okay.....

Goodbye Ghirahim. It was now or never, and now.... Never.
Here's a very badly edited picture I made up for this occasion....

I wish I was here longer. For all the good times, the moments that made being a Ghirahim supporter absolutely fabulous as it is.
Bye.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
welp, is more clear than ever than AT is the place to send characters with a following that for A,B or C motive didn't made it into characters.
I wonder what would happen if post release they announce DLC characters and say that 1 AT trophy will be upgraded to PC depending on the results of a worldwide official popularity poll... It would be a battle royale more bloody than any war.

Sadly i don't think we will have another completly new zelda newcomer, (maybe revamped ganondorf, but still unlikely)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
mmmmmmmmmm wee needed this ***** omg.

Like wtf I'm gonna faint.

Girahim would have been a sexy as hell character.

His alts could have been him dressed in drag. He'd be a drag queen.

Imagine him in drag teamed with peach in a team battle. OMG....LIKEOOOOMG.

We here in the gay smash community are highly disappointed and hope to have great mouth sex with girahim in the next smash.

Divas out~
Honestly, I think Ghirahim would have fit the Michael Jackson role very well in the game. He does have some sweet dance moves.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Aauuughhh. Worst. Day.

Don't know what else to say, he would have been so epic and made the game such a fabulous joy. I truly lament.

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats (1865–1939)

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
welp, is more clear than ever than AT is the place to send characters with a following that for A,B or C motive didn't made it into characters.
I wonder what would happen if post release they announce DLC characters and say that 1 AT trophy will be upgraded to PC depending on the results of a worldwide official popularity poll... It would be a battle royale more bloody than any war.

Sadly i don't think we will have another completly new zelda newcomer, (maybe revamped ganondorf, but still unlikely)
Oh god, one AT becoming a PC decided by a worldwide poll?
That's insane. Horrible even. It would be so bad, that people would spend money on new devices and computers just for the sake of voting once more. I would.
Having to choose between Lyn and Ghirahim would kill me.
Then there's the fact I want to help out Isaac (if applicable), Saki, Takamaru, Prince Sable, Ashley and Dillon.
Don't get me started on the Skull Kid and Waluigi supporters.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom