• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This is a sad day. Like, worse than Takamaru's disconfirmation. I may have not been the most vocal supporter of Ghirahim, but it's sad to see him go.

VelocityHill

Smash Rookie
My condolences to Ghirahim supporters. I never had any strong feelings towards Ghirahim, but it's disappointing to see him disconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. On the plus side, Ghirahim's still playable in Hyrule Warriors and I hope Ghirahim becomes a reoccurring character so that he can have just as good as of a chance at being playable next time.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Sakurai lacks sense of fashion confirmed.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey.
Hey.
I'm sorry about your loss...
BUT!
There's one more unique Skyward Sword Character that can be in.
#TheGrooseIsLoose :troll:
(I'm actually really sorry about your loss)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ouch. Can't say I was rooting for him, though I wasn't against his inclusion. I would have preferred him to be the Zelda newcomer (or maybe Pig Ganon).

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Wait, is Ganon not a possibility?

Either way, I too thought he had a chance of getting in, despite being a one-off (until Hyrule Warriors showed up, but that's a spinoff). But since AT's feel and look really powerful this time around, I guess that fate isn't all too bad either.
Ganon would just be another form of Ganondorf, and i really don't think LoZ deserves having 3 characters filling six slots.

Sorry for your loss Ghirahim supporters. Would've liked it if Impa and Ghirahim both became playable. But now I guess it's only up to Impa for a Skyward Sword character. How would you guys react to that?
Skyward Sword Impa? Just like a certain guy on the Ridley thread always reacted to Ghirahim:

NEVER.

I think i explained why earlier in the thread: Most likely a Shiek clone, didn't do s**** in Skyward Sword except trashtalking Link while being utterly useless herself, so useless in fact she couldn't hold back Ghirahim for like 10 seconds at the time-portal.

Well, adding Impa wuld prove one thing though: Sakruai admitting Ghirahim is too strong FABULOUS for every other character in Sm4sh.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Found out the news this morning, what a night to fall asleep earlier. I'm rather sad that Ghirardelli isn't a playable character but at the very least, he's an assist trophy, which is better than being a plain old trophy, and as fabulous as ever.

GG Demon Lord.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sorry to hear it, Ghirahim supporters. I was pretty against him early on, but I've lately grown to really like his antics. Here's hoping that we might see DLC in the future where they end up promoting some assist trophies.

I think everyone's had a great point; he'd be a fabulous addition.;)

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I wasn't a big supporter of Ghirahim, but I also wasn't against his inclusion in Smash. 'Tis a shame to those of you who supported Ghirahim. There's always next time.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ghirahim's confirmation as an assist trophy was somewhat unfortunate, such wasted potential. I was predominantly a Ghirahim supporter, but I was also an Impa supporter. Obviously I erroneously presumed that Ghirahim had the slight edge over Impa as he was his own unique character whereas Impa is doomed to be a clone (in conjunction with Sheik being removed from Zelda). I suppose I should have realized that we were going to get a couple more clones than I originally anticipated. Nevertheless, it was fun supporting him! But I suppose it was never meant to be. Here is to the best assist trophy in the game!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, the Assist Trophy roster is now much more fabulous.

Anyway, I offer my condolences. Ghirahim was not a character I strongly supported, but I would have enjoyed having him be playable. He could have been a very fun addition to the roster. At the very least, his unique charm and absurdly long tongue will still be present in the game.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Even if there's the off chance we're promoting Assist Trophies to playable, I wouldn't be supporting Ghirahim anymore, for I would most definitely be back to supporting Midna.
Hey, it's DLC...

I was really pulling for Midna pre-Brawl, but Ghirahim's Hyrule Warriors trailer really sold me on Ghirahim as a character. (HW sold me on a lot of things...Debbie, new 'Dorf moveset:lick:)

Now I can't choose between both awesome Zelda one-timers. Honestly, I never played SS - I couldn't get over them taking the left-handedness from Link (but I may pick it up eventually, I said the same about WW) but Ghirahim just looks so different, I'd be happy to see him too.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
@Diddy Kong

Too soon man, too soon. Allow us the dignity of growing cold in the ground before talking about another Skyward Sword character. Next week would be a better time to ask, my bitterness should subside by then hahaha.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I thought you guys might like this if you haven't seen it already. Hoping to cheer you guys up somehow. It's Ghirahim if he had a voice actor and honestly, I think its amazing! Very well done! Hope you all think the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUy60aPYFU

(I imagine it if he is about to give payback for being an AT. lol)

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I was really expecting him to be in this one. It's not fair that the Zelda series doesn't get any Newcomers.

Booster

Smash Lord
Name one character in the series who doesn't deserve their slot (besides Roy and Pichu)
Ice Climbers. They're from an incredibly obscure game no one cared about in the 80's and no one cares about now. Sure they're a fun character to play as (I can grapple an opponent, use Side A and SMASH the grappled opponent in Brawl), you get two of them, but do they deserve their spot? No. Young Link and Doctor Mario didn't deserve their spots either.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I'm very sorry for what happened today Ghiraham fans. When I saw the pic of the day, I was like "....Wow... Wow...". It was very disappointing even though I felt his chances weren't as strong as some of the other newcomers. I honestly think the one game excuse is nothing but bull**** that detractors like to use as some sort of evidence and it makes me sad this happened since they think their excuse is correct. I felt he at least had a decent chance. I supported for Ghiraham's inclusion and its too bad about the one result.

Ghiraham is such a cool character and I felt his moveset potential was off the charts and unique which made him worthy of being a playable character (Who wouldn't want a Kefka like character with a long tongue?). But on the bright side, at least he made it in as an assist trophy which to me means they acknowledge how popular he is and how cool of a character he is. (He should make for a glorious assist trophy). Of course, also being playable in Hyrule Warriors is a nice thing to that makes up for it I feel. Maybe next time and possibly as dlc. Especially now that Hyrule Warriors can serve as inspiration for moveset potential for a future game or dlc.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Ice Climbers. They're from an incredibly obscure game no one cared about in the 80's and no one cares about now. Sure they're a fun character to play as (I can grapple an opponent, use Side A and SMASH the grappled opponent in Brawl), you get two of them, but do they deserve their spot? No. Young Link and Doctor Mario didn't deserve their spots either.
The Ice Climbers were chosen to represent the 8bit era. Maybe one day they'll get a game

Booster

Smash Lord
The Ice Climbers were chosen to represent the 8bit era. Maybe one day they'll get a game
Atleast they're not Paperboy. A videogame where all you do is bike and deliver newspaper? Ice Climber atleast had a good goal: Make it to the top of the mountain.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Sounds like you have a pretty poor grasp of how slots are decided.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Today's POTD is a depression causer. Ghirahim was one of those characters where their personality alone made me want to play as them. Only wario and Cpt. Falcon have that honor right now and with there being no waluigi and demon lord fabulous It looks like It is still just them.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I never thought his chances were that good, nor did I think he'd be the first choice for a Zelda Necomer. Regardless, it's a shame to see a character go like this and I share my condolences.

I felt the same pain when Takamaru was deconfirmed. I guess your pain is worse since Takamaru still has a chance to appear in the next game, while ghirahim will probably be forgotten about by Sakurai unless he makes another big appearance in Zelda, which seems unlikely.

Best of luck next time!

Speculator

Smash Ace
I gave my answer.
Your answer was what? That they're old, so they don't deserve a slot? That they only made one appearance? Sakurai doesn't take your ignorance of older titles into account. The Ice Climbers are a fun character pair with an interesting and unique dynamic. They bring a hell of a lot more to SSB than Ghirahim ever would have. As simple a game as Ice Climber is, the ICs are at least a continuous presence all the way through. They don't just show up once every now and then for a quick boss fight. The Ice Climbers are more important to Ice Climber than Ghirahim ever was to LoZ - and Zelda is a series already represented by five characters in Smash. As far as 'deserving a slot' goes, the ICs have it all over Ghirahim.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Anyhoo. Are there any Zelda Newcomers that actually has a chance?
Impa, Vaati and Tetra are the only ones I can think of right now.

I'd love to see Impa if she is more like her Hyrule Warriors self. That is, ninja-ish but with strong, powerful attacks, instead of the quick moves Sheik has.
Tetra would be cool too, but I'm not sure how they could make her unique.
And Vaati would be honestly the best choice right now. A fully magic-based character that relies on spells and transformations would be a nice addition to the roster. Also he'd represent the Minish race. We already have Hylians and a Gerudo (because Ganondorf will be back for sure), so having another race would be great. Also we need MORE VILLAINS.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Well it looks like I was right, a while ago at the very beginning of when this game was being developed, I thought Ghirahim would probably end up a Assist Trophy, but I thought I was merely just saying that because I didn't want to see him replace Ganondorf, I never thought of the idea of including both, until later, then I started supporting him, and I was starting to like the idea of having him.

It looks like I won't get to have my blue Saturos Ghirahim... :sadeyes:

At this point I don't want any new Zelda characters, especially stupid Impa, its bad enough I'll be beating up on Sheik, I don't need Impa to beat up on too.

Of all new Zelda characters, there is still hope for Monster Ganon at least.

#AntiSheikah

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I never posted in this thread.

I was always kind of against the prospect of Ghirahim and smash, but I know that a great many of you really wanted to see him make the cut. It's always sad to see a character that has such dedicated supporters deconfirmed.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
I was hoping Ghirahim was going to be included in the smash cast but I had a suspicion that he would not be included. In saying that I'm quite stoked that he was added at least as an AT. That means we have tingle, Midna and now Ghirahim disconfirmed who all had decent opportunity of inclusion.

It's a big burden that now rests on Impa and Vaati's shoulder IMO if they want a LOZ newcomer this game. My sympathies go out to those people who supported one of those character disconformed and those still holding onto the hope of a Zelda newcomer still, but I'm starting to think that if Ghirihim or Impa wasn't to be in the game than LOZ would miss out this time around on extra representation.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
They showed Ghirahim yesterday and today's PotD features Ghirahim's Theme, thus proving once again that Sakurai doesn't like to create fake hype.

If he had shown today's PotD yesterday, everyone would have been like "GHIRAHIM CONFIRMED!!!!!" and then the bitter truth would crush them and shatter their souls.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This was the only deconfirmation I've been legitimately upset about, aside from Waluigi. He would've been a superior choice to many of the terrible characters that made it, as well as the trite that makes up the new popular leak going around with Duck Hunt Dog (Because we don't have enough shock characters), Dr. Mario (Not as a costume), Bowser Jr. (Who has far more haters than supporters and bloats Mario further), and Dark Pit (Regular winner of "most hated potential newcomer" polls)

You are now aware that Waifu Emblem will have representation on par with Zelda. Don't tell me somebody else from Zelda will be playable. The only other big candidate was Tingle and he's dead. If Impa gets in, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is getting threats from tumblr or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom