• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
This was kinda Ghirahim's only chance unless he appears in another game in the future near Smash 5, but ya know what, assist trophy is an awesome role, I'm ganna take so many fun pictures with him and love fighting him in all-star mode. But now that he's out I've got my hopes raised for Tetra. It's her (seemingly) last opportunity too and Windwaker HD, she was planned for Brawl (I kind of think of her as "Toon Shiek") she's an awesome pirate princess, and she's my last hope. So all in all, I'm a bit sad, sorry for everyone else, but very hopeful. It's been fun speculating, fellas.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm pretty sure that the whole "trophy quiz" theory will die with Ghirahim as well. But still, so sad :(

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'll admit I was never completely sold on his inclusion despite my belief in the trophy theory becoming something. I mean I really wanted him, but I could was confident that he was going to make it in. But damn, Ghirahim would have made for such an interesting character that would have been pretty different from most in Smash. I mean sure AT is pretty good I guess, but man now Zelda has 4, and in doing so has stolen all of the possible different unique reps from the fans, except Sheik. A little peeved after realizing that, they'd all make great playable characters. Especially our demon lord Ghirahim...

Oh well it was a nice run while it lasted, disappointed in how it turned out, but at least I didn't expect too much. It depresses me a little to know we're in the deconfirming period of the new Smash really though...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I feel sorry for all you Ghirahim fans out there, but to be honest no one should have ever really had high hopes for him. The chances of a one-time villain who also appears in a side-game are low when this game is supposed to be about ageless characters.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sorry to Ghirahim fans. LoZ needs more reps (I wanted Skull Kid). At least he and Skull Kid are in as ATs now.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Sorry guys....:(

But will be disappoint if he doesn't use a tongue as an attack after emphasizing his tongue on the model

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I feel sorry for all you Ghirahim fans out there, but to be honest no one should have ever really had high hopes for him. The chances of a one-time villain who also appears in a side-game are low when this game is supposed to be about ageless characters.
It's supposed to be. That doesn't mean it ever actually is.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
My condolences.
You know, every time I woke up to see a new assist trophy, I thought "Cool, a new support character!" (except when Takamaru was revealed, when my reaction was more like "Why, God, why? We had a deal!"), but this time I saw the potd and thought "Holy crap, did Sakurai just reveal a newcomer on a random day?". You know why? Because Ghirahim looks so much better than the other assist trophies. No AT can match his fabulousness.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's supposed to be. That doesn't mean it ever actually is.
I would say it actually is, even if Smash Bros is kinda what makes them ageless to begin with (Captain Falcon).

Though despite being recent, I feel Ghirahim IS ageless. Haven't played Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors yet, but from what I've seen of him, he seems really endearing in all of the weirdest ways, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any other Nintendo characters like him, let alone Zelda ones.

So I wouldn't take his AT status as a sign that he isn't ageless (heck, he CAN join the battlefield in some form). Though I imagine his chances would have been better if Hyrule Warriors started development much earlier, since they would have another playable appearance to draw from.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
PotD assist, this really sucks guys. I know how you feel, my fav zelda newcomer was the very first PotD deconfirmation. I hope this doesn't mean we don't get a Zelda newcomer.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for Ghirahim supporters, but tbh, I didn't want him. So yay?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Realistically speaking, Ghirahim wasn't actually that much of a logical choice. He's not that important to the Zelda series compared to Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

But a loss is a loss, and sorry for all of the supporters here, I can understand the frustration, but don't be so sad guys, at least he's in the game in a better form than just a trophy!

Guess it's time to be supporting Impa then, only chance for a Zelda rep.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Apologies for your loss.

I tried warning you though, that Ghirahim would go the same way as Zant or Skull Kid.

Still the Trophy Quiz theory holds water. it's all down to Impa (no opinion), Vaati (little chance, but would love to see him) and Ganon (Most-wanted Zelda newcomer)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well, at least Ghirahim will be playable in hyrule warriors...:urg:

It's been a long road guys, and while this isn't the way we might of wanted him to appear as in in smash bros, I'm glad he at least is an AT.

Debbie forever guys. *group hug*

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
It's unfortunate but someone has to be an assist trophy just going to have to wait till the next one

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
One word came out of my mouth this morning when I saw the news, "Ouch."

I never really supported Ghirahim, but nonetheless I knew you guys would be saddned, so my condolences to this thread.

D

Deleted member

Ouch. It sucks that he isn't playable. He didn't have much of a shot, but I still wanted him.
My condolences to many of his supporters.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My condolences for the Ghirahim supporters. While I never particularly cared for him to be in, if I saw my most wanted character just straight up deconfirmed one day, I'd be heartbroken.

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
I very much regret not coming to support Ghirahim, as he was my most wanted Zelda newcomer and my 3rd most wanted newcomer (he would be my 4th most wanted if I were to count mewtwo as a newcomer) So I give all condolences to you guys :urg:

Oh well, he is still playable in Hyrule warriors thankfully.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to make a little visit to the Bandana dee and paper Mario threads so I don't regret I later.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom