• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
It's become like a ghost town here...
Well, we know what Ghirahim does now, so that's nice!

"Ghirahim appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. He moves like an acrobat and will attack with both sword and knife. Attacks against him will not fell him, and he can even teleport back into action should he get launched off the stage."

So you can hit him, but he bounces right back. Still a horribly missed opportunity.
Am i the only one who die a little inside whenever i see an picture of Ghirahim as an AT? :drsad:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Am i the only one who die a little inside whenever i see an picture of Ghirahim as an AT? :drsad:
Not at all. I (perhaps sadly/desperately) secretly hope that Ghirahim will be an AT and playable character, but know it definitely will not be the case. Although apparently Dark Samus can be--still, it's just a recolor, not a full character. With all the new roster leaks and whatnot, hope is grim for ANY Zelda newcomer. Basically best case scenario at this point is awesome alternate costumes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think I'd be more okay with him not being in the game at all, at least there would be hope for DLC then. But noooo.
This. I think any character that's disconfirmed in the form of a boss, enemy, stage feature, Assist Trophy, or regular trophy has little to no chance as a DLC character.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I think I'd be more okay with him not being in the game at all, at least there would be hope for DLC then. But noooo.
Actually I, for once, slightly disagree--depending on the character, being upgraded from Assist Trophy status to playable status isn't out of the question. Little Mac is the primary example, but you could also say Dark Samus is both an assist and playable (costume-wise, but if the koopaling thing is valid, that's 8 characters right there). If an assist trophy is popular enough, it could be an incentive to make that character playable in a DLC. It's kind of like, "Let's put this character in here as a test and see how he/she/it does, and if popular, we can upgrade." If Ghirahim ends up with a lasting Zelda presence, and people like him as an assist trophy and think, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if he were playable," then I could see him being added.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I don't know, man...
If he doesn't appear in another Zelda game, and they don't have promoted Assist trophies as DLC, I would consider him finished...
True, true. Well, he could be like Vaati and be at least semi-reoccurring as a dude who kicks off the bigger evil. Guess it depends on if the next development team wants to just go all new characters or not. Not sure about that, though, as they already showed Link (duh), Epona, and a twilight-princess-esque badguy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
True, true. Well, he could be like Vaati and be at least semi-reoccurring as a dude who kicks off the bigger evil. Guess it depends on if the next development team wants to just go all new characters or not. Not sure about that, though, as they already showed Link (duh), Epona, and a twilight-princess-esque badguy.
Twilight Princess-esque bad guy?
What?

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
So slightly off topic of Smash but, do you think Ghirahim would be able to sense that Ganondorf is somewhat a resurrected Demise?

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
Edit: accidental double post.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Twilight Princess-esque bad guy?
What?
The crawly monster dude in the teaser trailer looks a lot like Midna when she has the full mask/helmet in TP and goes all octopus on the Hyrule Castle barrier. His head section and Midna's headdress look similar (to me) and they both have tentacles.

D

Deleted member

I Was Not here when he got decomfirmed but i just gotta say he was the only Loz newcomer i cared for besides midna

andimidna

Smash Master
I saw Ghirahim's assist in ZeRo's stream.
Wish I could say something else... But it doesn't look to useful. I didn't get to see him use his sword (lag). But his little projectile things looked cool, even though they didnt really do anything. Still, it's a great model and he looked pretty cool warping around battlefield. He seems to do the same sort of thing as Midna, he warps to the opponent and then attacks. Cause running isn't fabulous enough

Now that I think about it, I don't think he was ever confirmed for the 3ds version so this is kind of cool.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I saw Ghirahim's assist in ZeRo's stream.
Wish I could say something else... But it doesn't look to useful. I didn't get to see him use his sword (lag). But his little projectile things looked cool, even though they didnt really do anything. Still, it's a great model and he looked pretty cool warping around battlefield. He seems to do the same sort of thing as Midna, he warps to the opponent and then attacks. Cause running isn't fabulous enough

Now that I think about it, I don't think he was ever confirmed for the 3ds version so this is kind of cool.
As far as I know, all Assist Trophies and Pokémon are confirmed for both versions.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Oh yes!!! But, maybe is to late to make a DLC campaign since he is already a Assist trophy...
Let's see the timeline of Zelda for Wii U, if it's before Skyward, there is hope for more fabulouness!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, seriously, anybody who's watching this. We seriously need to start supporting Ghirahim again. I don't care if he's an Assist Trophy - if they get enough demand to make them playable there's nothing that can stop them. We must make that demand. I will not stand to let Ghirahim suffer the same fate as Midna - I want to become a Nintendo All-Star. And unlike Midna, he has a lot of value as a character in that regard. He still has a ton of moveset potential too, potential that isn't reflected in his Assist Trophy at all, as he simply uses generic slashes and projectiles. This could be a blessing in disguise; if making an Assist playable is too much to ask outright, they could reskin his to Zant, who can do all the tricks his Assist Trophy can do.

Come on people - at the very least wouldn't it cool to have a Ghirahim figurine?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I agree with this
He's the only other character I really wanted to get in as a playable.

Thanks to Mewtwo, we now know that DLC is happening and the possibilities for Ghirahim to become a playable is open once more, so the support is still strong

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'd prefer Tetra, but getting both would be awesome! Ghirahim's got a lot of personality that we don't see in Smash yet, and he's already got a model, with some potential moves and animations. He's pretty popular I think, so...here's hoping,

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd prefer Tetra, but getting both would be awesome! Ghirahim's got a lot of personality that we don't see in Smash yet, and he's already got a model, with some potential moves and animations. He's pretty popular I think, so...here's hoping,
Tetra is definitely a less problematic choice.
I would just as happy to see her, honestly, as it would be pretty cool for Toon Link to have a partner, and also for us to have a playable pirate.

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay, seriously, anybody who's watching this. We seriously need to start supporting Ghirahim again. I don't care if he's an Assist Trophy - if they get enough demand to make them playable there's nothing that can stop them. We must make that demand. I will not stand to let Ghirahim suffer the same fate as Midna - I want to become a Nintendo All-Star. And unlike Midna, he has a lot of value as a character in that regard. He still has a ton of moveset potential too, potential that isn't reflected in his Assist Trophy at all, as he simply uses generic slashes and projectiles. This could be a blessing in disguise; if making an Assist playable is too much to ask outright, they could reskin his to Zant, who can do all the tricks his Assist Trophy can do.

Come on people - at the very least wouldn't it cool to have a Ghirahim figurine?
I love Ghirahim, but at some point, we all have to move on with our lives. No point in throwing stones at a steel fortress.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love Ghirahim, but at some point, we all have to move on with our lives. No point in throwing stones at a steel fortress.
A whole bunch of people throwing stones at a steel fortress generates a lot of noise and attention - which is exactly what I want, because that is exactly what got Mewtwo in.

This thread got reopened for a reason, and goddammit I'm going to use it. And I'd like all of the former regulars to come back too. Considering you joined Wednesday, that doesn't apply here. Come on man, you can't seriously be a Debbie downer in a Debbie thread!

StormC

Smash Hero
Ghirahim can't even fathom being half as popular as Mewtwo - not just as a Smash character, but as a popular character both within his own series, and in general.

There's currently no precedent for characters who already have an active role in Smash being accounted for as DLC. And no matter how much noise you make, Nintendo is never obligated to fulfill your requests.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ghirahim is my favorite Zelda character, but I don't believe in false hope. I'll let you have your thread, all the same.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well that was the most unnecessary, patronizing conversation I've ever had.
Anyway...

Surely some of you have seen this:

First 4 is doing Skyward Sword figures now! This one is Link and Loftwing. When Twilight Princess came out, we got statues for Link, Wolf Link & Midna, Ganondorf, Zant, and Zelda, so I don't think it's out of the question a Ghirahim one is in the works.

Though it begs the question of whether anyone who frequented this thread would/could shell out $400 dollars for a Ghirahim statue.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He's already deconfirmed as an AT, that's why I'm confused of this thread's activity. :U
I believe it's because Ghirahim supporters still have hope that he could potentially become DLC. Granted, that seems very unlikely due to already being an Assist Trophy, but it's not impossible; we just don't have a precedent for it. Even if the chances of Ghirahim being playable are seemingly quite low, there's no reason supporters can't hold on to hope and try to make their voices heard. Who knows? Maybe they can make a difference.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I love Ghirahim (he was my most wanted and I was a supporter of him) but there really is no hope for him now. I hate to say it but it's over. Plus, I don't see how Ghirahim being AT is really that bad. I'd say it's absolutely great for Ghirahim. Sure he's not the most interesting of the bunch but for a character that has only appeared in one game and is reasonably popular it's not a bad effort. It's sort of how I feel of Ridley being a boss. I'd love for him to be playable (he reall should be by now) but if that doesn't work out then boss is fine with me. He just has to be a cut above the rest.
If anything Ghirahim has a decent chance for SSB5 so there's that.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I would agree with you but there's no harm in keeping the thread running.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I really don't think Ghirahim has a shot for SSB5 unless he's in another game in a few years. This is his era, there's a new Skyward Sword stage now and there won't be later, they'll have moved on to the more recent Zelda game - it's now or never. I think they kinda hurriedly put Ghirahim in as an assist trophy because they saw the popularity, and wanted to appease us, maybe he was more popular then they thought he would be. But after Hyrule Warriors, and if we keep asking for him, they might really reconsider how popular they thought he was and figure since they have the time and resources, put him in. Now maybe they'd be reluctant to scrap an assist trophy and would rather work on a character that hasn't been featured as much yet, but if there's enough petitions and stuff, he could make it.
However, I bet they gouged popularity while in development of SSB4, kinda like how they said the roster we have now was finalized...as soon as they started, based on popularity from Brawl and recent stuff (can't quite remember) but I remember realizing all our petitioning and pleading was kinda useless when they were already giving us reveal trailers. Buuut maybe it wasn't! In that time, they probably kept looking at popularity for DLC characters. Now I dunno if Ghirahim was close to the top or anything, but I figure they saw the popularity, put in an assist trophy, still see people asking for him, and figure they have time so...

Basically: I dunno! It's possible. But not for SSB5. Does anyone know how requested Ghirahim is in comparison to other potential fighters? I saw him on a lot of lists.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Little Mac was an Assist in Brawl and is playable in SSB4, so I guess it's not completely out of the question that an assist trophy could become playable within its own game, given that DLC is a thing.

I don't understand why people would come in here and be all "No that's not possible stop talking to each other in a thread on a website which allows people to talk about things." Actually, I just wonder that in general... why would someone uninvited insert themselves into a conversation to be a contrarian or say something negative? Is that a social disorder?

Back to DLC, I do actually have a shred of hope that they'll toss us some costumes from Hyrule Warriors and not leave all that awesomeness confined to a single game.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Moderators need to rewrite the rules for the forum if that's the case. :|
Tbh I find the mods here are already too involved. Just let people make threads and talk about what they want and who cares if stuff goes off topic?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Unless Ghirahim appears in the next Zelda or the Zelda after that, or randomly shows up in the inevitable Majora's Mask remake, this was/is his last chance.
The reason I refuse to just sit here and accept he's not playable is because we haven't gotten a unique Zelda character since Melee. In a series with so many interesting characters it's disheartening. And Ghirahim is the most interesting of the bunch, and none of that is reflected in his Assist Trophy at all.
Regardless, I am not the kind of person to let something I want really badly go. It seems asinine to me that him having more content in the game than Impa, makes her more likely to be a DLC character, just because of the nature of the content.

These are Assist Trophies, not Assist Characters. They could be replaced or altered when the character in question is in use.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
To be fair, all the Zelda series need as reps in Smash are the Triforce characters. Ghirahim would have been a nice addition, of course and I fully supported him, but it wasn't because he is a Zelda character, but because of what he would bring to Smash as a character (looks and moveset wise).

I would much rather have reps of unrepresented series over more Zelda characters just because it is Zelda, but that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom