• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
its just a glitchy thing with falco's jab that pushed d3 back. atoms didn't actually do anything right there. however, if that were an actual technique, that'd be literally groundbreaking lol. but alas, falco's jab is just a masterpiece of flawed hatboxes.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I was messing around in training mode to try some other tactics against non-CGable chars. I realized that a Dthrow > Dair actually worked vs MK, but can someone try it vs a human to see if it works vs human players? I can't atm.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
No. It puts you into special fall when you press down. And you're forced to land if you don't.
You can not do an attack out of it.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.
If MK mashes out of Dedede's Inhale and dairs, but you sheild, are you able to jump out of shield and hit him with a Bair in time, or will MK dodge it?
Also, if some of Dedede's Bair is stale, I think after using it a couple times, and MK is at 0%, you can Bair - Nair turn around grab MK. If you Bthrow too, the whole combo does 40%

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I learned I'm not complete trash a this game yesterday. Go figure.

Phoenix Saga 4 was a huge success. I'm so happy. Vids will be up later.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
So, when people miss a Tech.
Jab -> (Forced Get Up) Buffer Fsmash becomes guaranteed. Or we can Jab x3 -> Dash Attack. Whatever floats your boat. ( DA is Easier )
So.. Yeah. Take advantage of Edge Slip.
Here's who can NOT tech an Edge Slip on BF.

Snake, Metaknight, Fox, Wolf, Sheik, C.Falcon, Falco, Ganon, Bowser, D3, Link, Diddy, Dk, Pikachu, Zss, Lucas, Sonic, Squirtle, Charizard, Ike, Pit, Wario.

Lylat has Lower Platforms on the sides than BF.. So the list gets bigger.

Anyway! Guaranteed Early Kill Set up for D3 Anyone ?

allshort17

Smash Ace
I don't have guaranteed, but I have a few good reads.

On the unchainable 12, if you dthrow them into a wall, if you time a jab right it's a frame trap and you:

1.) Either get a forced get up because they hit the ground
2.)Jabbed their tech. Then, you just regrab to reset the situation.

Also on those characters, Dthrowing them down inclines causes them not to hit the ground. So, you can go for a regrab (but they can do any aerial) or hard read a DA or dash-up smash. Lastly, if you get someone off the ledge, dthrow them or air-release them. Next, charge a down smash. If they have to go for the ledge then they will get hit by it. If not, they have to wait and go for it because they'll be below the stage. Now that you've probably conditioned them to wait, you can now run off and fair/stage spike bair probably.

Oh, and I'm going to start using dthrow to dtilt on the one's I can early on. I can get a trip followed by a regrab or other follow up if it works. If it doesn't than oh well. However, it works great near the ledge (a little closer than Buuman trap spacing). If they trip, you get a follow up/buuman trap if you want. If they don't trip they just slip off and grab the ledge, so you're safe. If you're really crazy, you can regrab to dtilt again to try to get another trip or bair to get a trip also.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Jab is a great read setup overall.
It lifts opponents just off the ground, so everything from there is good for us.
Also, it is great for abusing RCO lag.

ZTD | TECHnology

I am really happy right now.
Can you figure out why? :D
Congrats on making the BBR!!

Also:

I give up on secondaries lol. My D3 is THAT much better than them to where he even does better at the MUs I use secondaries for.

**** it, I'm destined to rock the penguin all day errday.

Also not bragging but I beat Keitaro this weekend. He absolutely sodomized me Game 1 on livestream with a 3 stock on Siege as :falco:

Game 2 I CPed him to FD so he went :metaknight: so I stayed D3. I won last stock, mid percent.

Game 3 he CPed me to SV and went back to :falco:. Last hit last stock but I cranked it out. Very tough set. I was surprised I kept my resolve after getting ***** Game 1. He's legit though I had a blast playing him!

Also had a super close set with Meekspeedy. Game 3 I had a big lead...choked and got timed out lmao. He started camping extra hard after he learned I knew how to Up Smash from Down Throw and took his second stock with that.

I played well this weekend though. You guys will see the sets online soon.

EDIT: Also Buuman Trap. You're gonna see it. I ****ing love how broken it is lmao.

ZTD | TECHnology

D3 vs Falco is so ****ing annoying. If you let Falco run wild and gain momentum ....what happened to me Game 1 is kinda feasible lmao. But I think I did well Game 3. Look for my sets in a day or two :)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I don't mind the Falco Mu that Much with D3, it's a big step up from Dk vs Falco.
Besides.. I main Falco so I know how to hurt him pretty badly.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Tech_Chase! I saw you on stream. You're Dedede was looking hot. Congrats on your win against Keitaro. I have some feedback on your matches that I thought of while watching the stream. I'll tell you over Pm's if you want.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So, when people miss a Tech.
Jab -> (Forced Get Up) Buffer Fsmash becomes guaranteed. Or we can Jab x3 -> Dash Attack. Whatever floats your boat. ( DA is Easier )
So.. Yeah. Take advantage of Edge Slip.
Here's who can NOT tech an Edge Slip on BF.

Snake, Metaknight, Fox, Wolf, Sheik, C.Falcon, Falco, Ganon, Bowser, D3, Link, Diddy, Dk, Pikachu, Zss, Lucas, Sonic, Squirtle, Charizard, Ike, Pit, Wario.

Lylat has Lower Platforms on the sides than BF.. So the list gets bigger.

Anyway! Guaranteed Early Kill Set up for D3 Anyone ?
No you're wrong.

ZTD | TECHnology

Tech_Chase! I saw you on stream. You're Dedede was looking hot. Congrats on your win against Keitaro. I have some feedback on your matches that I thought of while watching the stream. I'll tell you over Pm's if you want.
For sure and thanks! Any advice is always sweet. Just wanna keep getting better.

I think I finally proved I've actually gotten a lot better recently lol. That's all I wanted. But mainly just for myself.

Very stoked for the next tournaments...too bad they're like a month away though <_< So in the meantime...back to the lab with Dedede!

:dedede:

EDIT: Good **** to Aero for getting in the BBR. SOOOOOO proud of you!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, I guess they made a mistake.
I didn't even know ZSS could actually tech it until I did it in that very moment in that set XD
There goes my free kill on your Zss if you somehow ever got in that situation.
Jab x3 -> DA is too good.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Good luck getting ZSS into a position where you're knocking her off a platform. This is easily one of our most brutal MUs. I'd personally place it at about the same level as Metaknight - Zero Suit Samus simply beats us at a fundamental level.

Coney

Smash Master
But you're not fighting against the best MKs tho, that matchup is so, so, so much more difficult.

I have no clue how you guys would think ZSS is harder than Olimar or Falco, they're not even comparable.

:phone:

Top Bottom