• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Doc King

Smash Lord
Olimar is definitely the hardest. We have almost no way of approaching because his pikmin throw can go out of shields. For Diddy and Falco we can at least shield. Also it's hard to land the up tilt on Olimar and Olimar can set up edge guardings very well with stuff like d smash that semi spikes.

Edit: ZSS is no close to as hard as mk. ZSS is kind of evenish but ZSS wins a little bit. MK it's almost a complete shutdown at top levels.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm with Poke in this one.
I mean,
MK is lolnado.
For Olimar, if he just camps hard, and doesn't jump or attack except for punish, there's pretty much nothing you can do against him.
Same goes for ICs.
Diddy is one of those "I might as well try to punish that, I got nothing to lose", specially because he won't kill DDD easily.
I have never faced a good ZSS, but I co-main her, and know that if you manage to harass her shield, you could get high rewards.
Pikachu is annoying as hell, but manageable as he'll die early. As long as you don't fall for his Fsmash (the only reliable tool he has in the MU, imo), everything against him is doable.
Falco is a relatively tall character with a linear gameplay you can try predict and get great reward (like not getting killed and killing early).
I haven't faced a good Fox either.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Curious, why do you think Fox is harder than ZSS/Pika?
Just personal experience. I feel like its a lot more annoying to chase after a Fox than it is a Pikachu and even with the CG, I don't feel like its that a big a deal. I've played Anther and K Prime and that's where my opinion comes from. Pikachu could be a little harder though. I think ZSS is definitely the easiest of our bad MUs though. I mean what does she do besides juggle us and space us out with Side b (punishable)? The tilts kinda beat us at close range but I just feel like we generally gain more from a punish and she's not anywhere near as good as limiting our options as MK. You just have to respect the aerials and the tilts....oh andthe D Smash obviously.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I feel Norfair is such an amazing stage for a lot of our disadvantaged MUs.
After a hard match 1 that I lost vs a Diddy (I think it was on Delfino or Brinstar), I picked Norfair and Stomped him Game 2. I know that guy, and he knows how to play the stage, DDD was probably jsut too good.
Then I lost game 3 on Battlefield but it was a good game.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I've beaten a wario on Norfair[arguably one of Warios better stages next to Brinstar] in tournament. Know the layout more then they do and yea its in the bag pretty easily.

Keep in mind with the way the lava interrupts the Norfair stage you lose some effectiveness on the CG. Just make sure once you get the lead you keep it, hella easy to camp the whole match in norfair.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Too bad Norfair will never be legal (again) in the States lol
Well, that's all up to TO's criteria now, iirc.
I use a 21-stage FLSS (that could be reduced to 19 if more stages gets more usage).

I've beaten a wario on Norfair[arguably one of Warios better stages next to Brinstar] in tournament. Know the layout more then they do and yea its in the bag pretty easily.

Keep in mind with the way the lava interrupts the Norfair stage you lose some effectiveness on the CG. Just make sure once you get the lead you keep it, hella easy to camp the whole match in norfair.
Oh, D3, now I remember you from somewhere saying how good was Norfair for DDD when a lot of people would always say otherwise.

I don't think the stage is specially good for chaingrabs, but this stage allows DDD to use his respectable aerial game, while still being able to perform his ground game pretty much everywhere, specially as platforms aren't as short as RC's.
So yeah, I like this stage a lot as DDD.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Right on with his air and ground game since thats exactly what i rely on when i play on Norfair. Everyone gets so jet set on you grabbing them that if you play on this stage and whip out a good Air/Ground game it should catch any opponent by surprise.

while the stage requires you use CG techniques less, a grab or two into an on coming stream of lava for free damage is always a good idea. So is bthrowing for that 18% damage.

You can also Dthrow > lava too if you run into such a situation. I've had a couple of matches where i would grab them on the second level platform whilst the lava rose under us and it bubbles up and hits them while i pummel them.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Summoning Zekey AKA Zekeishere to the Dedede boards.

If you are reading this, then you know I saw your match against Sean on stream yesterday (good match.) Tell me why you used so much Down smash and inhale vs him? They seemed like they worked for the most part.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Zss and Fox is doable if you dont let them Cg / combo you to death.

Pika i choose lucy

IC lucy again [seriously lucario has pretty safe options for ic]

falco i choose pikachu =3

diddy i dont know lucy prolly?

olimar i use wolf, hes got some really good options for fighting against pikmin spam [shine/blaster], getting latched pikmin off [nair] and blaster is great in the MU for its cutting hit box.

mk just give up before match starts lol

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I personally feel that the only matchups bad enough to deserve a secondary are ics olimar and mk. All the other ones are hard but I feel we have really viable options its just an up hill battle. I just feel so helpless vs those three though.

:phone:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I still don't see how ZSS is any worse than even =/

:snake:
:diddy: / :falco:
:fox:
:pikachu2:
:olimar: / :popo:
:metaknight:

... is my personal order.

:059:
Just gotta know how to hit her where it counts. I've personally played a few really good ones online and its mainly about exposing her weaknesses. Really with any mu even bad ones can be made better with playing against said character. Doesnt mean the DDD player will win it every time, but with mu exp comes technology none the less.

One mu i never got around to playing offline was against Diddy. And even then the only diddy i fought in causals was ADHD's =P. So in my eyes i think Diddy is right behind MK in terms of hardships.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, I kinda feel like I have a good idea on how to play vs ZSS in general but I've yet to play a good one in tourney and even if get the chance to I'd just use Snake cuz he bodies ZSS.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Im terrible with snake, but yea id feel alot safer on snake vs Zss especially with his ground normals. DDD vs Zss, the DDD has to have a game plan from the very start of the match so he doesnt take damage from armor pieces. Hard to do when hes the size of a good year blimp

D

Deleted member 189823

What was that about someone caring too much about a fictional character.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Gheb I agree with you.

What the **** what the **** what the ****

This is something that simply doesn't happen.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, actually most people agree with me most of the time.

It's just 'cool' to hate on people so yeah.

Top Bottom