• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i have some new FE Cipher news.

First, these sillouhetes were shown off
I can't tell if these are original Cipher characters or just redesigned characters.
Next, we have a new Chrom card. But not just any Chrom card. No, this card is Chrom in the timeline where Grima succeeds and...
Chrom becomes the Risen King
Next we have a sketch regarding Hasha no Tsurugi, which will be featured in Series 9 of the TCG

And finally, Radiant Dawn has been announced for S9!

Oh and we're also getting Chibi Elise

D

Deleted member

Next, we have a new Chrom card. But not just any Chrom card. No, this card is Chrom in the timeline where Grima succeeds and...
Chrom becomes the Risen King
Oh my. I love this so much!
I wish Risen King Chrom was actually in Awakening.

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh my. I love this so much!
I wish Risen King Chrom was actually in Awakening.
Yeah, they should've put that in the Future Past or something.

Also, my gut feeling is that the silhouettes are redesigns of Elise and Sakura but I could be wrong lol

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, they should've put that in the Future Past or something.

Also, my gut feeling is that the silhouettes are redesigns of Elise and Sakura but I could be wrong lol
Hm, now that I look closer at it, you can see the mend staff and Elise's pigtails on the left. It looks like she's in the maid class (looks like she's wearing the dress with the frills and all that. Also the shoes and the ends of her arms. Plus the bow on the back of her dress.) and the right is Sakura in Omyonji (The poofy legs and it looks like she's holding a scroll. And probably spelt the class wrong)

But weren't there cards of Sakura and Elise in their less canonical promoted classes already? I swear I've seen the Maid!Elise in that same pose

Now watch this entire post be wrong haha

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey Nintendo, how about that third wave of Fates DLC? Oh BTW, S7 of the Cipher cards are out now. Here's a few:
BTW, those Hector and Eliwood cards form a combined artwork
Hm, now that I look closer at it, you can see the mend staff and Elise's pigtails on the left. It looks like she's in the maid class (looks like she's wearing the dress with the frills and all that. Also the shoes and the ends of her arms. Plus the bow on the back of her dress.) and the right is Sakura in Omyonji (The poofy legs and it looks like she's holding a scroll. And probably spelt the class wrong)

But weren't there cards of Sakura and Elise in their less canonical promoted classes already? I swear I've seen the Maid!Elise in that same pose

Now watch this entire post be wrong haha
Turns out, you are actually right. I had to go back and re-check the news. Turns out the silhouettes are for the badges. I don't know why they only showed silhouettes though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally have some free time after a busy week of paper grind.

Has anyone watched the Fire Emblem Real Talk videos? The user recently uploaded one featuring Kaden, and I gotta say, its pretty good!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
All right, i made this in Photoshop.
Cosmug.jpg

So what happened is, in the Discord i'm in, my friend was talking about Cosmog but she accidentally spelled it as CosMUG. So, this ended up happening.

Also, Christmas-themed Lyn is an official thing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, I stopped getting notifications for this thread some time ago, but somehow I didn't notice. I guess it's because it happened right after I got my copy of Pokemon Sun. Playing the game with the Exp.Share off was an absolute blast. Since wild pokemon were such high levels, it became really easy to just slap whatever pokemon I wanted on my team without having to level it first. But the return of BW exp mechanics also meant overleveling was an non-option whenever I got stumped, so instead I had to strategize around the tricky parts. Status moves like Feather Dance were also a lot more useful thanks to totem pokemon, who frequently took multiple mons to bring down.
Also, Christmas-themed Lyn is an official thing.
Her legs might still be fully exposed to the frigid cold, but at least the scarf makes up for it, right?

Good ol' anime logic.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It seems like we got some interesting details about the upcoming Fire Emblem mobile game, or rather a rumor.

Someone datamined the recent Miitomo update, and they found what could be content for the upcoming Fire Emblem mobile. More specifically, a map of the continent and another background featuring the logo was found.

You can read more about it here:

I would take this information with a grain of salt for now (even I'm not jumping on the confirmed train just yet), but I thought I'd share it since there was some discussion about the game a while back.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It looks like the mobile game will be an actual "Fire Emblem" game rather then just some spin off. So long as it's not replacing console or handheld FE, I'm fine with this.

But TBH, I'm just as scared as I am excited for the next FE game, mobile or not. I'm really worried about its future and I want IS to take their time with each new FE game. I feel like they got overambitious with Fates in some ways and I really don't want that to become a trend. Though...is IS even going to be that involved in the mobile one?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So here are those supposedly datamined images:
Her legs might still be fully exposed to the frigid cold, but at least the scarf makes up for it, right?

Good ol' anime logic.
The cold never bothered her anyway.......................I'll go now.

But the artwork is still pretty good regardless.
It looks like the mobile game will be an actual "Fire Emblem" game rather then just some spin off. So long as it's not replacing console or handheld FE, I'm fine with this.
I think it will be a spin-off gameplay-wise but still be an actual FE story-wise. Kinda like Tales of Link, the mobile Tales Of game. It won't replace console/handheld FE tho. Especially because of the Switch. I'm positive we'll get an FE on that. Besides, if Super Mario Run is any indication, Nintendo is using mobile for bite-sized versions of their games.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it will be a spin-off gameplay-wise but still be an actual FE story-wise. Kinda like Tales of Link, the mobile Tales Of game. It won't replace console/handheld FE tho. Especially because of the Switch. I'm positive we'll get an FE on that. Besides, if Super Mario Run is any indication, Nintendo is using mobile for bite-sized versions of their games.
Oh yeah, I'm not actually that worried about it replacing mainseries FE. That'll probably never happen.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
A new Pokemon movie was revealed today. It takes place in Kanto. And the best part: Ho-OH finally appears in a movie, outside of a cameo.

and here's the trailer:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A new Pokemon movie was revealed today. It takes place in Kanto. And the best part: Ho-OH finally appears in a movie, outside of a cameo.

and here's the trailer:
I think a retelling on the start of Ash's journey is the perfect premise for the 20th Pokemon movie. The poster and art style looks really good too.

I also think a certain detail from the Sun and Moon data mine could be the main event Pokemon for this movie.

Ash-Pikachu, a.k.a. the Pikachu that wears Ash's hats and has its own Z-move. It fits perfectly for this movie.

I predict Marshadow will get its movie in 2018, while a generation 8 Pokemon will have its movie in 2019, assuming generation 7 only lasts three years. Mew will probably star in either the 2018 or the 2019 movie due its exclusive Z-move also found in the datamines.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I think a retelling on the start of Ash's journey is the perfect premise for the 20th Pokemon movie. The poster and art style looks really good too.

I also think a certain detail from the Sun and Moon data mine could be the main event Pokemon for this move.

Ash-Pikachu, a.k.a. the Pikachu that wears Ash's hats and has its own Z-move. It fits perfectly for this movie.

I predict Marshadow will get its movie in 2018, while a generation 8 Pokemon will have its movie in 2019, assuming generation 7 only lasts three years. Mew will probably star in either the 2018 or the 2019 movie due its exclusive Z-move also found in the datamines.
It BETTER have freaking Ho-oh in it. I've waited far too long...

:250:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I showed my sister the leaked Miitomo stuff and she pointed out that the new "logo" looks a lot like a Celtic knot.

In Fire Emblem Fates, there was a lot of Celtic-inspired music in Nohr(despite Nohr itself not being that Celtic), and that was awesome. Since I'm of Irish and Scottish decent, I was actually raised on Celtic music. I'd totally be down for a Celtic-inspired FE game.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So I showed my sister the leaked Miitomo stuff and she pointed out that the new "logo" looks a lot like a Celtic knot.

In Fire Emblem Fates, there was a lot of Celtic-inspired music in Nohr(despite Nohr itself not being that Celtic), and that was awesome. Since I'm of Irish and Scottish decent, I was actually raised on Celtic music. I'd totally be down for a Celtic-inspired FE game.
I'm interested to see how the devs would employ the bard class in the mythos and story, given the bard or fili's position in Celtic society and culture. I've always adored the celtic bards. It's kinda that weird obsession I've always had. I've read like a million studies about them as well as fantasies depicting them in various different ways. The thought of Fire Emblem portraying them in their original context, even if it's more of a nod or cameo, is almost too much to bear...

Needless to say, I'm very excited. :happysheep:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Check out some cool new Cipher promo art featuring some of the Fates cast.

I'm loving that orange kimono and the pink flower. Oboro also looks a lot more mature here than she usually does.

And just like Leo who got some special promo art featuring his Summer Scramble clothing, Takumi gets the same treatment.

One artistic detail that I find pretty interesting is that multiple seagulls are flying around Takumi as he jumps into the air. Seeing that reminds me of how Takumi could easily be a Flying-type Trainer in the Pokemon games.

This special promo art features the Hoshidan royal family celebrating New Years (you can tell since Ryoma is creating those News Years cakes in the background), but Sakura is the primary focus here. She's wearing a pretty sweet kimono.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I really miss Smash Bros and I haven't really interacted with this thread all too much but i'm hoping I can change that...

Hello~

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Let's have a little small chat to keep things interesting:

If y'all could choose any FE Fates character to be in Sm4sh (in addition to corn :4corrin:), who would it be?

(Some of you probably saw this coming) I'm gonna be in the Takumi boat. Let's be honest: shootin' up our foes with Fujin Yumi would be too fun for words. Not to mention, I think he's the only archer from FE that could both work well (from a gameplay standpoint) and still be a legit archer (e.g. only effective at long range). The fact that Fujin Yumi happens to be a wind bow (strong windboxes implied) seals it. It also doesn't hurt that he's said to be proficient in the martial arts; if I recall correctly, I believe this was stated in one of his supports (LOL couldn't find it, citation plz).

Well? I know you've thought about it. We all have. Don't be shy. :cheep:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Hector because we need Axes represented in Smash and Hector is the coolest damn lord

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

If y'all could choose any FE Fates character to be in Sm4sh (in addition to corn :4corrin:), who would it be?

(Some of you probably saw this coming) I'm gonna be in the Takumi boat. Let's be honest: shootin' up our foes with Fujin Yumi would be too fun for words. Not to mention, I think he's the only archer from FE that could both work well (from a gameplay standpoint) and still be a legit archer (e.g. only effective at long range). The fact that Fujin Yumi happens to be a wind bow (strong windboxes implied) seals it. It also doesn't hurt that he's said to be proficient in the martial arts; if I recall correctly, I believe this was stated in one of his supports (LOL couldn't find it, citation plz).

I'm pretty interested in seeing Takumi in Smash as well for the reasons you mentioned. I can imagine him playing similar to Hawkeye from UMvC3, and to a playstyle like that in Smash would be pretty cool.

I even created a moveset for Takumi a long while back. Here it is if you're interested in seeing it.

Entrance: Typical entrance like the other FE characters, or he is dropped off by a Kinshi Knight bird, a class Takumi can promote to in the games that also use bows.

Jab: His jabs would simply quick and light arrows that can be fired in succession similar to Megaman's jabs. Unlike Megaman, Takumi can only stand still.

Dash Attack: Takumi lunges and slashes with an arrow. The attack looks similar to Archer Kirby's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Takumi punches his enemy, knocking the foe back so that Takumi can create distance between him and the foe.

Up Tilt: Takumi uses his bow and pushes it above him. Looks similar to one of his animations before he attacks in the games.

Down Tilt: Takumi fires an arrow from while crouching low, similar to one of his attack animations for a Sniper.

Neutral Air: Takumi punches from the front, then the back. A weak attack.

Forward Air: Takumi fires a single arrow in front of him while in the air. This attack works similar to Villager's Forward Air, except it's sightly stronger.

Back Air: Takumi fires a single arrow behind him while in the air. This attack looks similar to Villager's Back Air, except it's slightly stronger.

Up Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly above him. When used in the air, Takumi falls further when firing it, and it can lead to ending lag if hits the ground after using it. It's pretty strong for an Up Air attack.

Down Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly beneath him. If the arrow hits someone directly beneath Takumi, the attack can meteor spike. Takumi will also move a bit higher into the air when he fires an arrow.

Grab and Pummel: Both the grab and the pummel are pretty generic for the average fighter.

Forward Throw: Takumi throws his opponent over him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile game.

Back Throw: Takumi throws his opponent behind him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile. Both the forward and back throws reference Takumi's skills in Martial Arts, which his home game acknowledges here and there.

Up Throw: Throws the opponent into the air and fires an arrow at them.

Down Throw: Throws the opponent onto the ground and traps them with his foot. He then fires an arrow at them.

Forward Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow toward the ground. The arrow bounces in a V-fashion, potentially hitting the foe for powerful damage two times. The arrow will travel a certain disappearance before disappearing eventually. It would lose strength the father it travels.

Up Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow directly above him. A few smaller arrows are released from it. This attack looks exactly like one of Archer Kirby's attacks, with the main difference being the initial arrow being quite strong and reducing in strength the farther it travels.

Down Smash: Takumi fires an arrow directly to the ground, triggering a light explosion that attacks foes from both sides.

Normal Special: Charge Shot - Takumi charges up an arrow and fires it. The longer you charge, the stronger it becomes, and you can tell by how much it glows. Works very similar to Archer Kirby's Charge shot attack. During your charge, you can also tilt which direction you want to shoot (yes, it can be shot diagonally as well), but unlike Pit and Dark Pit's normal special, you can't move the arrow around once it fires.

Side Special: Aerial Arrow - Takumi jumps into the air and fires several arrows diagonally downward. This attack looks similar to Archery Kirby's Leaping Quiver attack. If you input the side special but then do a Shokunetsu Hadouken input following it, Takumi will jump backward and twirl instead. At the end of the twirl, he fires a single powerful arrow that triggers a strong light explosion when it hits the ground. This version of the attack looks similar to one of the generic attack animations for the Sniper class when they finish off an army. This attack is also good for horizontal recovery for both the normal and special versions.

Up Special: Fujin Recovery - Takumi fires up to two arrows toward the ground, allowing him to propel through the air (sounds similar to his Down Air, but the difference is that the arrow propels Takumi higher into the air, and it is a bit weaker than the Down Air). This attack works very much like Robin's Elwind. The only difference is that the arrows can spike if they are fired directly beneath an opponent.

Down Special: Ballista - A miniature version of the ballista pops up that looks similar to the ones that appear in Fates. As long as he isn't attacked during this phase, Takumi can fire several arrows at once. When using the ballista, a cursor that allows you to target which foe you want to attack. Once you found your target, release the B button. Takumi then fires an arrow from the ballista that quickly reaches the targeted enemy. Much like in the games, Takumi can fire multiple arrows at once depending on how many foes are caught within the cursor. The cursor can fit up two enemies, so one arrow is fired for each enemy caught. It is pretty hard to shield the arrows since they come very fast, but they won't do two much damage. In addition, if Takumi is attacked while aiming at a foe, the cursor disappears, and Takumi will have to wait before he can use it again, but the ballista will still be present for a few seconds and act as a barrier/wall that can't be damaged.

The Final Smash idea contains spoilers from Conquest's endgame.

Final Smash idea #1:

Possessed Takumi - This Final Smash references what happens to Takumi throughout the Conquest route, specifically focusing on how it culminates in the endgame. The camera zooms in as Takumi covers his head with his hands as Anankos's spirit possesses him. Takumi screams in pain, and when the camera moves out, a dark aura completely hides him temporarily. The dark aura then fades away so that Takumi can be seen, but you can still the shadowy aura surround him. Takumi's pupil are now red in color and his hair is completely white. A second Takumi has also manifested from him, and his Fujin Yumi now changes color to become the Skadi, his Endgame weapon. The two Takumi's will then start jumping one at a time. With each jump, they fire an arrow. As they move higher and higher, the arrows will be shot diagonally downward. After six jumps, the two Takumis will then one finally arrow at the same time, which can be devastating attack if it lands on someone. Once the attack finishes, Takumi then covers his head again as Anankos leaves his body.

I have another Final Smash idea for Takumi. This one doesn't involve spoilers.

Final Smash idea #2: Retainer Pair-Up: Takumi readies his bow similar to his critical animation, calling for his retainers, Oboro and Hinata. Anyone standing next to him will be caught and thrown into a cinematic Final Smash where they find themselves inside Castle Shirasagi from the games. Takumi then tells his retainers, "Let's go!" Takumi begins to charge for an attack as Hinata and Oboro proceed to beat up the affected foes. After a few seconds, the two jump back and stand next to Takumi. All three say in unison, "Oh, that's it!" Hinata lunges and attacks with a powerful slash with his sword, followed by Oboro lunging and attacking with a strong downward slash with her lance, and then finally ending with Takumi firing a very powerful arrow at the foes, ending the attack and delivering very high damage and knockback like other cinematic Final Smashes. This Final Smash references the whole retainer-royalty relationship particularly emphasized in Fates. The three saying "Oh, that's it" also references the shared critical quote that happens with all of the royal siblings and there retainers in the games.

Taunts:
- Up Taunt: Takumi raises his bow above him and says, "I won't stand idle!"
- Side Taunt: Takumi raises his hand to his side and says, "No mercy!"
- Down Taunt: Takumi checks his bow, then gives a firm nod.

Victory Animations:
- Animation #1: Takumi steps forward similar to his victory animation from the games and says, "Not my fault you're weak."
- Animation #2: Takumi readies his bow. The way how this animation plays out looks similar to his cutscene in Conquest. For the duration of it, he says, "Ha! I'm stronger than I look."
- Animation #3: Oboro and Hinata, Takumi's retainers, appear on both of his sides, and the three strike a pose similar to Robin's victory animation with Chrom. Takumi says, "That was easy." Sometimes, one of his retainers can speak instead of him. Hinata will say, "I knew you could it, Milord!" Oboro will say, "That's the Takumi I know and love."

Minor side note: I believe it's Ryoma's supports with Takumi where we learn the latter practices martial arts (it's not stated directly, but the two do engage in sparring sessions in various moments throughout it).

The Fates character that I'm most interested in seeing is Azura. Heck, back in the days before Corrin was revealed for Smash, she was one of my most wanted characters, and to this day, she still holds that title. I think she would be the most unique fighter imaginable: her moveset would be a mix of dancing, singing, lance-wielding, and water-manipulation. Her Final Smash would likely be the part of Lost in Thoughts All Alone she sings during the Opera House cutscenes in Birthright and Conquest.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Hector is the coolest damn lord

I'm pretty interested in seeing Takumi in Smash as well for the reasons you mentioned. I can imagine him playing similar to Hawkeye from UMvC3, and to a playstyle like that in Smash would be pretty cool.

I even created a moveset for Takumi a long while back. Here it is if you're interested in seeing it.

Entrance: Typical entrance like the other FE characters, or he is dropped off by a Kinshi Knight bird, a class Takumi can promote to in the games that also use bows.

Jab: His jabs would simply quick and light arrows that can be fired in succession similar to Megaman's jabs. Unlike Megaman, Takumi can only stand still.

Dash Attack: Takumi lunges and slashes with an arrow. The attack looks similar to Archer Kirby's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Takumi punches his enemy, knocking the foe back so that Takumi can create distance between him and the foe.

Up Tilt: Takumi uses his bow and pushes it above him. Looks similar to one of his animations before he attacks in the games.

Down Tilt: Takumi fires an arrow from while crouching low, similar to one of his attack animations for a Sniper.

Neutral Air: Takumi punches from the front, then the back. A weak attack.

Forward Air: Takumi fires a single arrow in front of him while in the air. This attack works similar to Villager's Forward Air, except it's sightly stronger.

Back Air: Takumi fires a single arrow behind him while in the air. This attack looks similar to Villager's Back Air, except it's slightly stronger.

Up Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly above him. When used in the air, Takumi falls further when firing it, and it can lead to ending lag if hits the ground after using it. It's pretty strong for an Up Air attack.

Down Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly beneath him. If the arrow hits someone directly beneath Takumi, the attack can meteor spike. Takumi will also move a bit higher into the air when he fires an arrow.

Grab and Pummel: Both the grab and the pummel are pretty generic for the average fighter.

Forward Throw: Takumi throws his opponent over him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile game.

Back Throw: Takumi throws his opponent behind him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile. Both the forward and back throws reference Takumi's skills in Martial Arts, which his home game acknowledges here and there.

Up Throw: Throws the opponent into the air and fires an arrow at them.

Down Throw: Throws the opponent onto the ground and traps them with his foot. He then fires an arrow at them.

Forward Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow toward the ground. The arrow bounces in a V-fashion, potentially hitting the foe for powerful damage two times. The arrow will travel a certain disappearance before disappearing eventually. It would lose strength the father it travels.

Up Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow directly above him. A few smaller arrows are released from it. This attack looks exactly like one of Archer Kirby's attacks, with the main difference being the initial arrow being quite strong and reducing in strength the farther it travels.

Down Smash: Takumi fires an arrow directly to the ground, triggering a light explosion that attacks foes from both sides.

Normal Special: Charge Shot - Takumi charges up an arrow and fires it. The longer you charge, the stronger it becomes, and you can tell by how much it glows. Works very similar to Archer Kirby's Charge shot attack. During your charge, you can also tilt which direction you want to shoot (yes, it can be shot diagonally as well), but unlike Pit and Dark Pit's normal special, you can't move the arrow around once it fires.

Side Special: Aerial Arrow - Takumi jumps into the air and fires several arrows diagonally downward. This attack looks similar to Archery Kirby's Leaping Quiver attack. If you input the side special but then do a Shokunetsu Hadouken input following it, Takumi will jump backward and twirl instead. At the end of the twirl, he fires a single powerful arrow that triggers a strong light explosion when it hits the ground. This version of the attack looks similar to one of the generic attack animations for the Sniper class when they finish off an army. This attack is also good for horizontal recovery for both the normal and special versions.

Up Special: Fujin Recovery - Takumi fires up to two arrows toward the ground, allowing him to propel through the air (sounds similar to his Down Air, but the difference is that the arrow propels Takumi higher into the air, and it is a bit weaker than the Down Air). This attack works very much like Robin's Elwind. The only difference is that the arrows can spike if they are fired directly beneath an opponent.

Down Special: Ballista - A miniature version of the ballista pops up that looks similar to the ones that appear in Fates. As long as he isn't attacked during this phase, Takumi can fire several arrows at once. When using the ballista, a cursor that allows you to target which foe you want to attack. Once you found your target, release the B button. Takumi then fires an arrow from the ballista that quickly reaches the targeted enemy. Much like in the games, Takumi can fire multiple arrows at once depending on how many foes are caught within the cursor. The cursor can fit up two enemies, so one arrow is fired for each enemy caught. It is pretty hard to shield the arrows since they come very fast, but they won't do two much damage. In addition, if Takumi is attacked while aiming at a foe, the cursor disappears, and Takumi will have to wait before he can use it again, but the ballista will still be present for a few seconds and act as a barrier/wall that can't be damaged.

The Final Smash idea contains spoilers from Conquest's endgame.

Final Smash idea #1:

I have another Final Smash idea for Takumi. This one doesn't involve spoilers.

Final Smash idea #2: Retainer Pair-Up: Takumi readies his bow similar to his critical animation, calling for his retainers, Oboro and Hinata. Anyone standing next to him will be caught and thrown into a cinematic Final Smash where they find themselves inside Castle Shirasagi from the games. Takumi then tells his retainers, "Let's go!" Takumi begins to charge for an attack as Hinata and Oboro proceed to beat up the affected foes. After a few seconds, the two jump back and stand next to Takumi. All three say in unison, "Oh, that's it!" Hinata lunges and attacks with a powerful slash with his sword, followed by Oboro lunging and attacking with a strong downward slash with her lance, and then finally ending with Takumi firing a very powerful arrow at the foes, ending the attack and delivering very high damage and knockback like other cinematic Final Smashes. This Final Smash references the whole retainer-royalty relationship particularly emphasized in Fates. The three saying "Oh, that's it" also references the shared critical quote that happens with all of the royal siblings and there retainers in the games.

Taunts:
- Up Taunt: Takumi raises his bow above him and says, "I won't stand idle!"
- Side Taunt: Takumi raises his hand to his side and says, "No mercy!"
- Down Taunt: Takumi checks his bow, then gives a firm nod.

Victory Animations:
- Animation #1: Takumi steps forward similar to his victory animation from the games and says, "Not my fault you're weak."
- Animation #2: Takumi readies his bow. The way how this animation plays out looks similar to his cutscene in Conquest. For the duration of it, he says, "Ha! I'm stronger than I look."
- Animation #3: Oboro and Hinata, Takumi's retainers, appear on both of his sides, and the three strike a pose similar to Robin's victory animation with Chrom. Takumi says, "That was easy." Sometimes, one of his retainers can speak instead of him. Hinata will say, "I knew you could it, Milord!" Oboro will say, "That's the Takumi I know and love."

Minor side note: I believe it's Ryoma's supports with Takumi where we learn the latter practices martial arts (it's not stated directly, but the two do engage in sparring sessions in various moments throughout it).

The Fates character that I'm most interested in seeing is Azura. Heck, back in the days before Corrin was revealed for Smash, she was one of my most wanted characters, and to this day, she still holds that title. I think she would be the most unique fighter imaginable: her moveset would be a mix of dancing, singing, lance-wielding, and water-manipulation. Her Final Smash would likely be the part of Lost in Thoughts All Alone she sings during the Opera House cutscenes in Birthright and Conquest.
LOL As soon as Smash Switch is announced, we gotta start a campaign for Takumi. Everyone will say there are already too many FE characters. I don't care. LET THEM RAGE.

The moveset shows great attention to detail. I could see this working. I also like the references to Archer Kirby; that pink puff shows us a million different ways to shoot an arrow.

While I acknowledge shooting arrows is kinda Takumi's thing, I think it would be cool to see him use a few new tricks; as mentioned before, utilizing windboxes would make for a unique gimmick. And I don't just mean arrows with windboxes attached. I think a few creative liberties/stretches are plausible for every character, and seeing as Takumi and the Fujin Yumi's exact skill pallets are vaguely defined to begin with, it wouldn't hurt to say Takumi could just throw a giant puff of air at his enemies via Fujin Yumi. Anything is possible.

I think all this has inspired me. Give me a few hours. I'll be back with a hypothetical moveset.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I'd go with Azura. She'd be the first lance-wielder in Smash and she'd be the second female FE character, not counting F!Robin and F!Corrin, as they are pallete swaps. She could also have her water manipulation and of course, Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

Although.....if we're talking any FE character, then i would like to see Celica. Gaiden needs more love, as it's the most underrated FE game. I see her being a semi-clone of Robin. She would have different spells and have a more acrobatic sword fighting style. And just like in Gaiden, her magic spells have infinite uses (though i suppose this means she'll suffer a similar fate as Pichu as magic in Gaiden has an HP cost, unless it's Nosferatu).

I'll give them both a hypothetical moveset later.

The fact that Fujin Yumi happens to be a wind bow (strong windboxes implied) seals it.
So baisaclly, the Fujin Yumi is the Gust Bellows, but it's one of Takumi's specials. That's terrifying.

Astellius

Smash Ace

From Fates? I think Camilla would be a pretty cool option. I mean, who doesn't want a dragon rider? She also wields axes and magic, which would be an interesting combination. I'd like to see more magic users in Smash.

That leads to my picks more broadly from the series in general. I thought that Micaiah would've been really nice to have. She'd make for a pretty heavy-hitting magic user. I also thought about Nino, who would be very nimble and powerful, which would be offset by her being very lightweight and dying early if you can hit her. Most of the magic users in Smash, like Robin and Zelda, are really slow, so a swift one would make for an interesting change!

Nah

Smash Champion
For Fire Emblem characters in general that I'd wanna see in Smash, there'd be....er, well, you already know.

But for Fates characters, one of

would be good. Or even do all 3 together in a Pokemon Trainer-esque manner. Just imagine for a sec Odin Dark p--what's that?

Those aren't Fates characters you say? Nonsense, those are clearly characters who debuted in Fire Emblem Fates and not very thinly veiled characters from a past FE game like Awakening or something!

Ok but in all seriousness for Fates-specific characters do Velouria or something. A Wolfssegner might be cool and it'd be a character who spends the whole battle transformed rather than being a beast (DK, Bowser, etc) or briefly transforming for certain attacks (Corrin).

Or like Felicia or Jakob. Might be interesting to see how Maid/Bulter would work out in Smash.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since it's almost Christmas and the Fates discussions keep on thriving, here's a Fates parody I found just in time for the holidays. It's even got a bit of humor in it.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Since it's almost Christmas and the Fates discussions keep on thriving, here's a Fates parody I found just in time for the holidays. It's even got a bit of humor in it.

Garon being Santa Claus was like, the best thing.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!
Jk, this is just a little joke i made in Photoshop.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting this information from another thread I posted this in, but I have some news for all the Fire Emblem Fates enthusiasts here:

Fudgenuggets98025, the Youtuber who has been uploading the FE: Fates Drama CDs onto Youtube, has just finished uploading all 8 tracks from the second Birthright Drama CD. Thus, the complete audio for the entire Birthright Drama CD series has been uploaded onto Youtube, complete with translations and a custom support conversation setting to make the dialogues feel more alive. Click here if you want to watch and hear all the tracks from the Birthright Drama CDs.

He has also started to upload the audios from the first Conquest Drama CD, and he will be uploading the tracks from that CD over the next few days.

Troykv

Smash Master
From Fates? I think Camilla would be a pretty cool option. I mean, who doesn't want a dragon rider? She also wields axes and magic, which would be an interesting combination. I'd like to see more magic users in Smash.

That leads to my picks more broadly from the series in general. I thought that Micaiah would've been really nice to have. She'd make for a pretty heavy-hitting magic user. I also thought about Nino, who would be very nimble and powerful, which would be offset by her being very lightweight and dying early if you can hit her. Most of the magic users in Smash, like Robin and Zelda, are really slow, so a swift one would make for an interesting change!
Talking about that.... I did this.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ever since those mobile leaks, I can't stop thinking about FE:15. A completely new country/world? It's got to be to promoted an upcoming FE game for the Switch. To me, that's both really exciting and really terrifying. I know that I've ranted about this time and time again but I really need to get this out of my system and for some reason my temporary computer freezes whenever I try to use SerenesForest forums, so I'm stuck doing it here.

I appreciate a lot of the changes Fates brought to try to appeal to older fans and harsher critics, but I'm worried that they still won't stop player-pandering and waifu-baiting no matter how much backlash gets, because the fans that want more of that are so much more numerous. If there's something super cringe-worthy that I hate about the game, there's someone else who totally eats it all up.

I think FE is doomed to be a game I'll forever love and hate in equal measures, and I'm really hoping the next generation of FE games proves me wrong. I'm counting for the removal of swimsuits and face-petting in the localized version to be a wake-up call for IS. I feel so silly being this emotionally invested in the future of a single video game franchise, but I can't help it. FE is just such an important part of my gaming identity these days.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I appreciate a lot of the changes Fates brought to try to appeal to older fans and harsher critics, but I'm worried that they still won't stop player-pandering and waifu-baiting no matter how much backlash gets,
Because it'll be here from now on, i think the best thing to do would be to improve it. Make it so that you can't marry everyone. They should take a page out the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory series and make it so that you can only marry certain characters, as opposed to the entire, opposite-gendered cast.

That being said, the source of the problem comes from the Avatar. If they were to make an FE game where there is no Avatar, then the waifu-pandering problem would be resolved.

I don't mind marriage in Fates, but there needs to be limits. Or, at the very least, make it so that the relationships actually build up, as opposed to just "we met literally yesterday but let's get married". Some Supports already do the former, but most of them follow the latter formula. At the very least, this should be fixed.

Top Bottom