• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so i would do a recap of what has happened but i've gotten to massive spoiler territory to the point where putting it in a spoiler tag wouldn't be enough. So instead, i'll just give my updated team:
-Primarina (Azura)
-Greninja
-Kommo-o (Gildarts)
-Midnight!Lycanroc (Keaton)
-Mimikyu
-Lunala

Also, the music for Vast Poni Canyon is amazing
So, i'm at the League, and that's where i'll re-battle the Kahunas. However, i feel my team is a bit underleveld so instead, i'm doing some training.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I've caught all the Legendaries in Sun&Moon (not counting Magearna and Marshadow, who is Ghost/Fight BTW). More importantly, i caught Tapu Koko with a regular Poke Ball. This surpasses my feat of catching Lugia with a Great Ball.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've caught all the Legendaries in Sun&Moon (not counting Magearna and Marshadow, who is Ghost/Fight BTW). More importantly, i caught Tapu Koko with a regular Poke Ball. This surpasses my feat of catching Lugia with a Great Ball.
Meanwhile, I'm just now catching my third Pokemon. :joyful:

Speaking of which, I really want to give my Fomantis a nickname, but I'm not sure what I should name it. Anyone have any swood ideas? (FYI: it's a girl)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Meanwhile, I'm just now catching my third Pokemon. :joyful:

Speaking of which, I really want to give my Fomantis a nickname, but I'm not sure what I should name it. Anyone have any swood ideas? (FYI: it's a girl)
Saber or Arturia

Its evolution's signature attack, Solar Blade, resembles Saber's signature attack from the Fate/Stay Night series.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well the Fairy Tail fan in me says name her Evergreen, because Lurantis kinda reminds me of her.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Here's a short story from my PkMn journey so far:

I was irritated at having few Pokemon with good strategic moves (moves that can damage or heal over time, moves that increase defense or speed, Ect.). All my Pokemon at the moment had either exclusively offensive moves, or somewhat mediocre status moves. It's to be expected, as I'm not very far in the game yet. Despite my displeasure, I continue moving forward under the impression that either one of my Pokemon will learn something good soon, or I would find a Pokemon with a decent move.So I fight random trainer number six-thousand, and his Spinarak uses the move Infestation. I don't think I had seen the move in use before, but I noted that seemed like it'd be a pretty decent move if I could find a good Pokemon to use it with.

I didn't have to wait long, though. On Brooklet Hill, I encounter Dewpider (which most of you have no doubt already encountered). My first impression is that it's one of the weirdest looking Pokemon I had as of yet seen. It looked to me like one of the lesser Bug-types. I expected my to-be-named Fomantis to one shot with razor leaf, but instead, Dewpider tanks the move and uses Infestation. Dewpider caught my attention, and I caught Dewpider. I was expecting I'd bench him at some point when I get a better mon, but so far he's not only doing better at taking hits than any of my other team members, but he's also REALLY sick-looking now that he's evolved.

And so, despite my first impression, I expect to be using Araquanid (nicknamed "Dewie") very late in the game. Moral of the story: friends can be found in unexpected places and/or characters. Never judge a book by its cover.

Saber or Arturia

Its evolution's signature attack, Solar Blade, resembles Saber's signature attack from the Fate/Stay Night series.
Well the Fairy Tail fan in me says name her Evergreen, because Lurantis kinda reminds me of her.
I actually chuckled a bit on the Saber one; never drew that connection myself, and it fits well. That said, I think I'll name it Evergreen. I'm in more of a fairytale-ish mood. Thank you all for your suggestions. :grin:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I haven't planned my full team yet but so far I want these on my final team:
-Primarina(Shigure, would have been Azura but I got a male one)
-Lycanroc (Mid-day)
-Sivally
-Kommo-o

I do have 6 pokemon on my current team though.
-Popplio
-Pikipek
-Yungoos
-(Event) Munchlax
-Alola Ratata
-Pichu

So far I've just been taking my time with the game, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm at route 2 so far. By the way, has anyone found themselves unable to escape wild pokemon encounters more often than in other games? Because I have lately.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
-Primarina(Shigure, would have been Azura but I got a male one)
-Lycanroc (Mid-day)
-Sivally
-Kommo-o

I do have 6 pokemon on my current team though.
-Popplio
-Pikipek
-Yungoos
-(Event) Munchlax
-Alola Ratata
-Pichu

So far I've just been taking my time with the game, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm at route 2 so far. By the way, has anyone found themselves unable to escape wild pokemon encounters more often than in other games? Because I have lately.
Everyone seems to love Lycanroc. Maybe I should get in on the action.

The primary factor in escaping from a wild encounter (at least in previous games) is speed. If your Pokemon is faster than the wild one, you'll escape more often, or if it's slower, less often. It's worth noting that most Alolan Pokemon are somewhat slow, but that shouldn't be a problem; if you fight only Alolan Pokemon, than your Pokemons' lack of speed shouldn't matter, as all the wild encounters would obviously have a similar lack of base speed. It should depend more on what Pokemon you're using/fighting, or which one is at a higher level. Does the Pokemon you're trying to escape with have a gosh awful base speed stat? If so that could be it. That said, I'm not sure if escaping is still calculated the same, or if reinforcement-mon have any affect on it.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
-Sivally
Just a head's up, Sivally (and by extension, Type: Null) isn't available until the post-game.

By the way, has anyone found themselves unable to escape wild pokemon encounters more often than in other games? Because I have lately.
The problem comes from the fact that a lot of Alola Pokemon have really bad speed (Pyukumuku has like, a base speed of 5). There would be times where i would have my Primarina in the lead, and i couldn't escape from a Pokemon that was at least 6 levels lower than her. I was able to fix this by having Greninja in the lead though. So just have a Pokemon with fast enough speed like Midday!Lycanroc and you should be able to run from wild encounters.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Just a head's up, Sivally (and by extension, Type: Null) isn't available until the post-game.
Thanks for telling me. I was thinking about using the Event Munchalx/Snorlax as a permanent member but was worried because if I used it AND Sivally that would mean I would have 2 normal types, and I typically like my teams to have a lot of variety (Even though Sivally can be any type). So I think I will be using Snorlax on my final team.
The primary factor in escaping from a wild encounter (at least in previous games) is speed. If your Pokemon is faster than the wild one, you'll escape more often, or if it's slower, less often. It's worth noting that most Alolan Pokemon are somewhat slow, but that shouldn't be a problem; if you fight only Alolan Pokemon, than your Pokemons' lack of speed shouldn't matter, as all the wild encounters would obviously have a similar lack of base speed. It should depend more on what Pokemon you're using/fighting, or which one is at a higher level. Does the Pokemon you're trying to escape with have a gosh awful base speed stat? If so that could be it. That said, I'm not sure if escaping is still calculated the same, or if reinforcement-mon have any affect on it.
The problem comes from the fact that a lot of Alola Pokemon have really bad speed (Pyukumuku has like, a base speed of 5). There would be times where i would have my Primarina in the lead, and i couldn't escape from a Pokemon that was at least 6 levels lower than her. I was able to fix this by having Greninja in the lead though. So just have a Pokemon with fast enough speed like Midday!Lycanroc and you should be able to run from wild encounters.
Well since I have been mainly using Munchlax and Ratata since they are lower leveled and I want them to help weaken wild pokemon that I want to catch (And Munchlax has Hold Back). I never knew that it was based off of speed, but I'm glad I do now. I'll try to remember to use my faster pokemon when going near wild pokemon. Thanks!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, who wrote the Alola Dex entries?

Drifloon: "If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound"

Primape: "It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however"

Mimikyu: It's actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock."

Nah

Smash Champion
idk, it's nothing new really

there's always been a few ****ed up entries in the dex

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
True but like, 80% of the Alola Dex is ****ed up.
It's called Pocket Monsters for a reason. They're monsters. Some of them may be adorable, but most of them are also ****ing scary.

This is my favorite out of the ones I have so far:

Araquanid: "It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown."

The smaller Pokemon drown. I know that's not the worst way to go, but something about drowning has always been horrifying to me. Probably the "oh no, I can't breath and I'm dying" part.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Here's another good scary one.

Gengar: "Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up."

Let me repeat that: "There is no escaping it. Give up."

This is the first time a Pokedex entry has directly spoken to the player. And that's not all. They could've just kept it at "there is no escaping it" but no, they went the extra mile and added "give up". Honestly, just the fact that the Dex is telling you to give up makes Gengar's Pokemon Sun Dex entry the scariest one of them all.

D

Deleted member

While I'm only about 2 or so hours into Moon, I have to say I'm quite enjoying it so far! They've definitely stepped it up on the difficulty this time around. The game is actually pretty challenging with the "Set" option turned on for battles! The only thing that bugs me from what I've read about post-game is the removal of Horde Battles and Super Training, thus complicating EV Training again. I mean really, why? Everyone loved the simplicity of XY/ORAS' EV Training. :/

Oh, and as far as the Pokedex goes, it's pretty creepy stuff. Then again, XY had some pretty disturbing stuff to. Phantump and Gourgeist are terrifying...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
FE Cipher artwork never ceases to amaze me.

Unfortunately, this is the size i can get. I tried resizing it on my computer but the bigger version won't upload.

Nah

Smash Champion
Really the artwork for the cipher cards is ****ing amazing

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
This is by far my favorite Pokemon game. Fantastic Pokemon and an amazing story to match. Just got all the Tapu's and I've done some other stuff so I'm pretty good now. I'm doing Moon by the way, and my team is:
Primarina (Nawahile (Na-wa-heel-eh)) (It's a mix of the Hawaiian words that mean beautiful singing mermaid)
Mudsdale (Shaggy)
Tapu Koko (Koko Puff)
Alolan Ninetales (Cloud 9)
Greninja
Salazzle (THE GOON)
I really want an Alolan Pichu which I would trade out for Greninja, but I didn't know where it was at the beginning of the game so I never got one, and I still can't find one. If anyone has a Pichu with a good or neutral nature or a Pikachu or Raichu with Nasty Plot also with a good or neutral nature, would you please trade with me?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting from two other threads I'm actively involved in, but for all the Fates fans here, I've got some more exciting news for all of you regarding those Drama CDs.

Transcripts for all 8 tracks of the first Conquest drama CD of the Fire Emblem Fates Drama CD series have finally been posted. You can read them below:

Conquest Drama CD 1: Northern Fortress Tale - Xander and Leo’s Conflict
Track 1: Princess of the Fortress
Track 2: Younger Brother, Older Brother
Track 3: Dark Clouds on Departure
Track 4: A Younger Sibling’s Anguish
Track 5: Impatience
Track 6: Amongst the Sound of Rain
Track 7: A Leading Clue
Track 8: Calling Out to the Bond Between Us

Some notes:
  • Unlike the Birthright Drama CDs, the Conquest CDs feature a female Corrin.
  • The Japanese names of the characters are used here. For reference: Leon=Leo, Marx=Xander, Zero=Niles, Lazward=Laslow, Joker=Jakob, Benoit=Benny
Here's the link to the Tumblr user where I found all the tracks: http://sleepless-rain.tumblr.com

It's another great Drama CD, but things get really good at Track 5.

Some of my thoughts on this Drama CD:

Leo is a pretty sweet brother. He wants to fulfill his sister's dream of seeing some shooting stars at a meadow. His plan to carry it out was pretty cool.

Niles and Odin's dialogue together was pretty funny, particularly the part when Niles said, "Translation please."

The tension between Xander and Leo in Track 5 was gold.

Charlotte demonstrates how awesome she is throughout it. Also, props to the Drama CDs for once again giving us some more world building than what the games did (the part about the border patrol soldiers particularly).

Laslow has some really great moments, especially when he talks to Xander in Track 6.

Also, remember that Youtuber who uploaded audios for the first Birthright Drama CD? He has now uploaded all 8 tracks for that CD, so fill free to check it out if you want. If you are interested in reading the transcripts for the second Birthright Drama CD, let me know and I can link them to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, today is a special day for a certain fan-favorite fashion girl and retainer to Pineapple. Happy Birthday Oboro!

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
This last week I spent almost all my free time playing Pokémon Moon and it was all worth it.

The game is a very good step forward from the sixth generation: the majority of the new Pokémon are cool (Decidueye and Golisopod are my favorite this gen), the story was pretty good (imo the best in the series), the trials were a nice breath of fresh air (even if I still personally think that the gyms were more fun) and I also liked almost all the balance changes (**** you Talonflame lol).
However there are some things that I disliked: mainly the fact that I can not stay online when I play but I have to go at the Festival Plaza, the boring choices of clothing (like for real, I get it that we are in Hawaii but really I can't buy anything but some T-shirt?) and some other minor things like the lack of special backgrounds for the PC boxes (this actually bother me lol, I loved those backgrounds).
Overall it was a great game and if I have to give it a vote it would be a 9/10, just because I know that Game Freak can do a even better game.

I also have to say thanks to the Pokémon Center for saying Happy Birthday to me today lol

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
This last week I spent almost all my free time playing Pokémon Moon and it was all worth it.

The game is a very good step forward from the sixth generation: the majority of the new Pokémon are cool (Decidueye and Golisopod are my favorite this gen), the story was pretty good (imo the best in the series), the trials were a nice breath of fresh air (even if I still personally think that the gyms were more fun) and I also liked almost all the balance changes (**** you Talonflame lol).
However there are some things that I disliked: mainly the fact that I can not stay online when I play but I have to go at the Festival Plaza, the boring choices of clothing (like for real, I get it that we are in Hawaii but really I can't buy anything but some T-shirt?) and some other minor things like the lack of special backgrounds for the PC boxes (this actually bother me lol, I loved those backgrounds).
Overall it was a great game and if I have to give it a vote it would be a 9/10, just because I know that Game Freak can do a even better game.

I also have to say thanks to the Pokémon Center for saying Happy Birthday to me today lol
I hope you have a wonderful birthday~!

pc2JFwV.gif

And a late birthday to Oboro too I guess~

Best fanart

tumblr_o3w2s1jv4D1rl66y8o1_540.png

Lol but seriously Oboro's cool

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great day thus far!

By the way, how's the Pokemon Center birthday treatment like in Sun and Moon? Does it play that same lullaby remix from X/Y/OR/AS? Is there still that Pikachu confetti that falls down before the place lights up? I haven't see a video of S/M's Pokemon Center birthday celebration yet, that's why I'm asking.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Happy Birthday!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Thanks to everyone, I appreciate it ^^

By the way, how's the Pokemon Center birthday treatment like in Sun and Moon? Does it play that same lullaby remix from X/Y/OR/AS? Is there still that Pikachu confetti that falls down before the place lights up? I haven't see a video of S/M's Pokemon Center birthday celebration yet, that's why I'm asking.
Yep, same lullaby and same Pikachu confetti, there's also a cake on the monitor but I think that was already present in XY/ORAS.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Happy late birthday Acker!

Other games and stuff have kinda taken me away from Fire Emblem, but I still want to try and play Birthright on a higher difficulty if I get the chance. But before that, I just had to check something.

A long time ago, Nah posted this:

EDIT: You know how Skyward posted that typo he found in Fates? I found another one just now while playing Revelations:

ayy lmao
I have just got to this part of the game, and I can confirm...

WVW69j2TadUXX-mlGj.jpg

...that they fixed it!

Thanks NoE

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So... Empoleon in Pokken is a thing.

I'm sure a lot of you have been expecting this, but I haven't been keeping up with leaks so I was caught off guard. I was delighted; Empoleon was an awesome choice. I think the gen four starters are the best in terms of design and overall appeal. I look forward to seeing how Empoleon plays.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So we got a late birthday surprise for Oboro. Newest Cipher card revealed features Oboro as a Basara.

I didn't expect she'd look this awesome in some Basara clothing. The purple theme going on suits her well.

Can't wait to see how the pre-motion card will look like.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i just finished watching episode 5 of the Sun&Moon anime and this is something that i need to show you all. In the past, whenever Team Rocket was defeated, they would usually blast off (in BW, they would retreat). In Sun&Moon, they made THE BEST possible change to Team Rocket's defeat joke.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Just want to put this here. This video is amazing.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
LOL just got to Mount Lanakila only to learn that Alolan Sandshrew is a Moon-exclusive. Could somebody trade me one? I'd be willing to trade an Alolan Vulpix or any other Pokemon I have access to.

Sorry for pointing this out, but does this count as a double post if it's from Thursday to now?
Pretty sure it's only a double post if both are posted within an hour. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain.

UPDATE:
Got a sandshrew egg.

Last edited:
Top Bottom