• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I forgot to mention this earlier but I beat Pokemon Sun about a week ago. Overall, I really liked it! The island challenge was a nice change of pace from gyms, and the story was pretty good for Pokemon standards. I also really enjoyed a lot of the new pokemon (idcluding alola forms) and music. I'm also really enjoying the post game.

Oh, and happy holidays everyone!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fire Emblem Cipher has shown us some really amazing artwork. But these next two are probably the best cards out of the entire series.

These two cards are like, the greatest thing to ever exist. Everyone just looks so happy.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Fire Emblem Cipher has shown us some really amazing artwork. But these next two are probably the best cards out of the entire series.

These two cards are like, the greatest thing to ever exist. Everyone just looks so happy.
I know these are chibi and I shouldn't question things, but why is Xander's horse smaller then a cat?

How does he ride on that thing?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Elise wishes you all a Merry Christmas!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, a F!Corrin Figma was announced a few months back but we're also getting F!Corrin Nendoroids and...

I WANT THESE SO MUCH! I usually prefer Nendoroids over Figmas for two reasons:
  1. Less expensive
  2. Adorable as heck
No, i don't have either Nendoroids or Figmas.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So a few months ago, i posted two videos that show what happened to Camilla during the Concubine Wars. Well, the third and final part was finally released (though the creator says there may be an epilogue)

In case you missed it, here are the links for the first two parts.
Part 1: https://youtu.be/651Fo_jMRhY
Part 2: https://youtu.be/yHNDaWVDjRw

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fire Emblem Fates: The Crown of Nibelungen. That is the name of the upcoming Fire Emblem Fates manga that releases in Japan next month. It appears that the main protagonist of this manga is Leo. If i had to guess, it's likely a prequel to Fates, most likely showing what Leo did in the Concubine Wars.

Also, the main Fire Emblem Fates manga, which was supposed to release near the end of the last year (it didn't) has been either officially suspended or cancelled. We don't know but judging by the timing of this announcement, most likely the latter. Especially since Crown of Nibelugen is coming in March. But who knows. And seeing as how this thread is kinda dead right now, let me try to bring back discussion. What do you think Crown of Nibelugen will be about? What would you like to see?

In other news:

An upcoming piano music collection containing songs from the series will be released on 2-22-17 in Japan (but you can import it, fortunately). In addition, i live-concert featuring these same songs will be preformed on the 12th of March, in Tokyo's Science Museum Science Hall. There will also be exclusive merchandise there.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fire Emblem Fates: The Crown of Nibelungen. That is the name of the upcoming Fire Emblem Fates manga that releases in Japan next month. It appears that the main protagonist of this manga is Leo. If i had to guess, it's likely a prequel to Fates, most likely showing what Leo did in the Concubine Wars.

Also, the main Fire Emblem Fates manga, which was supposed to release near the end of the last year (it didn't) has been either officially suspended or cancelled. We don't know but judging by the timing of this announcement, most likely the latter. Especially since Crown of Nibelugen is coming in March. But who knows. And seeing as how this thread is kinda dead right now, let me try to bring back discussion. What do you think Crown of Nibelugen will be about? What would you like to see?

In other news:

An upcoming piano music collection containing songs from the series will be released on 2-22-17 in Japan (but you can import it, fortunately). In addition, i live-concert featuring these same songs will be preformed on the 12th of March, in Tokyo's Science Museum Science Hall. There will also be exclusive merchandise there.
It's possible this new FE: Fates Manga could explore more of Leo's backstory. I read somewhere online another possibility what this manga could be about.

Someone speculated that it could explore what happens at the end of Birthright where Leo becomes the Nohrian King following Garon and Xander's deaths (since the manga's title mentions "crown," which was what Leo is basically given at the end of the route).

That would actually be interesting to see. It could show us how Leo undertook the position, some early struggles upon becoming king, and perhaps explore the Nohrian family from the context of "what this sibling really meant to me now that he/she is gone."

If this is what the manga turns out to be, I'd be interested in seeing a Conquest version of it but instead of Leo being the Nohrian King, we see Hinoka as the Hoshidan Queen, and from there, it would be similar to the Leo version except it would look at the Hoshidan family instead. It would also help give Hinoka more spotlight than what she gets in the games.

Either way, this should be pretty interesting. If it succeeds, I'm hoping that it will spawn a new Manga series of some sorts. Perhaps it could become a series of its own: maybe it could even become the Pokemon Generations of Fates, where we see both retellings and "behind the scenes" of certain moments from the game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Happy New Year everybody! We have so many new things to look forward too. With the Nintendo Switch coming out this year, we can already tell 2017 will be a fantastic year.
I was unable to find Fire Emblem art celebrating the New Year. So instead, i looked to my second favorite video game series for New Years artwork.
wall_newyear2017_16_9.jpg

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Happy New Year everyone! It's time we alight this year with some festive music!

Looking forward to see all the fun 2017 will bring!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Let's revive some discussion with our first major discussion topic of 2017.

Who is your favorite royal-retainer group in Fire Emblem Fates and why?

When I mean royal-retainer group, I'm talking about a royal siblings and his/her retainers (i.e. Team Sakura, a.k.a. Sakura, Hana, and Subaki; Team Elise, a.k.a. Elise, Effie, and Arthur; etc.)

Who did I pick? Why, Team Takumi of course!

I'm sure everyone here is not surprised by my choice. Two of the trio, Takumi and Oboro, are my top 2 favorites of the Fates cast, while the third one, Hinata is my 11th favorite character in the game. What really made the trio endearing was that their interactions with each other makes them appear more like a trio of best friends than master & servant.

Oboro and Hinata act like good friends toward each other by playfully comparing each other to see who is the better retainer. Both also have some great supports with Takumi. Oboro has a good taste in fashion and tailors the best clothes for him, while Hinata goes as far as hosting and participating in a sparring competition to entertain his master. They are also close to Takumi not just by defending him battle, but also willingly giving him moral and emotional support when Takumi feels down (track 8 in the first Birthright Drama CD demonstrates). I don't know about you, but I think a good friend is someone who is perceptive of your emotions and knows what's best to say to say to you when you feel down, and Oboro & Hinata show that.

While Takumi gives them commands due to his position, he treats them more than his retainers and allies. He also treats them like best friends. He is pretty casual when talking to either of them, and he even devotes time to bond with them. Again, both his supports and the Birthright Drama CDs do a nice job demonstrating these interactions.

In a way, each member of Team Takumi brings something unique to the best friend trio:
  • Takumi is the leader that keeps the friend group together
  • Oboro is the voice of reason
  • Hinata is the playful puppy
No doubt I'd love to be a member of Team Takumi for a day!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's been a while since i last played Fates but if i had to pick, i'd go with Team Leo. Leo is actually my favorite royal sibling. He's calm and collected but also cool. I also find his divine weapon, the Brynhildr, to be the most unique weapon in the game. It's not every day you find someone who kills his enemies by making a tree grow from the ground.

Next, there's Niles. When he was initially revealed, i thought for sure i wouldn't like him. Boy, was i proved wrong. He's one of the most well developed characters in Fates. Props to him for actually having a legitimate reason to be sadistic. Most sadistic characters in Fire Emblem are sadistic for the sake of being sadistic. Oh, and we can't forget Niles' famous critical hit quote: "OHHHHHHHH YESSSSSS!"

Finally, there's Odin. Odin, as Owain, was one of my favorite characters from Awakening. And seeing his hilarious theatrics again really put a smile on my face. He's just the type of guy you need to make you laugh. And Odin is seemingly popping up in places outside of Fire Emblem (*cough* Pokemon Sun&Moon *cough* Gladion).

D

Deleted member

When I mean royal-retainer group, I'm talking about a royal siblings and his/her retainers (i.e. Team Sakura, a.k.a. Sakura, Hana, and Subaki; Team Elise, a.k.a. Elise, Effie, and Arthur; etc.)

I'm sure everyone here is not surprised by my choice. Two of the trio, Takumi and Oboro, are my top 2 favorites of the Fates cast, while the third one, Hinata is my 11th favorite character in the game. What really made the trio endearing was that their interactions with each other makes them appear more like a trio of best friends than master & servant.

Oboro and Hinata act like good friends toward each other by playfully comparing each other to see who is the better retainer. Both also have some great supports with Takumi. Oboro has a good taste in fashion and tailors the best clothes for him, while Hinata goes as far as hosting and participating in a sparring competition to entertain his master. They are also close to Takumi not just by defending him battle, but also willingly giving him moral and emotional support when Takumi feels down (track 8 in the first Birthright Drama CD demonstrates). I don't know about you, but I think a good friend is someone who is perceptive of your emotions and knows what's best to say to say to you when you feel down, and Oboro & Hinata show that.

While Takumi gives them commands due to his position, he treats them more than his retainers and allies. He also treats them like best friends. He is pretty casual when talking to either of them, and he even devotes time to bond with them. Again, both his supports and the Birthright Drama CDs do a nice job demonstrating these interactions.

In a way, each member of Team Takumi brings something unique to the best friend trio:
I would be a part of Team Takumi. I think that he and his retainers are all close together, as you said they are like best friends; Takumi would do anything for his retainers while his retainers would do anything to make him happy or what's best for him (such as Takumi helping out with Oboro's tailor shop and Hinata wanting to prove that he's strong to Takumi).

Besides, I do like Oboro and Takumi is my third favorite video game character ever.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Female Corrin as the Pokemon Trainer was priceless.

I wonder what the soldiers behind Garon would be in this scene. Perhaps Littens?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Team T-T-T-Takumiiiiii

The 3 actually seem super close. Team Leo takes a VERY close second. I stopped getting alerts from this place so hi and happy late new year~

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I wish this thread would alert me

Quick dump of everything I need to talk about:

- Team Leo for Nohr and team Hinoka for Hoshido
- I FINALLY Married Ricken in Awakening (Took goddamn forever since Chrom snatched me in my last run)
- Happy New Year!

Also, funny Awakening story:

So I really hate Tharja. Like, a lot. I could make a giant post eventually but sufficient to say I hate her. So I get to the level where you recruit her, and she attacks Stahl from up close and Stahl gets a 3% Crit chance crit and one-shots her.

I was wondering if I should just kill her, but here's my decision for me, I guess. Shame I won't get Noire but at least I won't have to condemn someone to marrying Tharja, there isn't a male character I dislike enough to give them that fate...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would say Team Hinoka since she's like my 2nd favorite royal sibling (behind Xander) and Setsuna is my favorite female in Fates but I don't like that Azama guy for obvious reasons.

With that being said, I would have to go with Team Takumi for the same reasons said here: he and his retainers are so close to one another and willing to do anything to help each other out. Plus, Oboro is like my 4th favorite female and Hinata is a fun, loving character to hang out with.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I was bored so i went into Photoshop and did this
Untitled-1.jpg
No, this isn't Azure Striker Gunvolt. This is Azura Striker Gunvolt.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been playing Corrin a lot lately, almost as much as my actual mains.

I stopped finding her fun for a while, but then I realized that I was just going onto auto-pilot too much and she just doesn't work well with mindless rushdown. Now I actually liked to start battle sessions with her to force myself to start playing smarter and more defensively.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So something i thought would be interesting is, in the next main FE game, they bring back the ability to walk freely in villages and castles like in Gaiden. Think My Castle but without the building part and instead, the places are spread throughout the world map. And just like in Gaiden, you can recruit certain new characters by talking to them in the villages and castles. It would add a new sense to world building in Fire Emblem. I thought of this because i remembered when i read the Shadow Dragon manga, when Marth and his army weren't fighting, they were buying supplies and food and stuff in towns but they were doing so in a casual manner, so it gave a sense of peacefulness, despite being in the middle of a war. What do you think? Would you like to see that part of Gaiden's gameplay come back?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Never played Gaiden, but it'd be cool with strolling through towns and whatnot in between battles. Especially if they bring that alongside an improved My Castle for (also improved) online modes.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I haven't played Gaiden either, but I can definitely see this town-visiting aspect working on as an improved take on the My Castle feature. It could definitely be a great way to incorporate world-building into the game and make you feel more like you're in an actual Fire Emblem continent.

------

In other news, today is my birthday everyone!:)

I am yet to open my presents and eat my cake, but I'm going to make sure I play Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon Sun to enjoy the birthday surprises in both.

Fun fact: my birthday is one day after this muscular guy's birthday:

That said, Happy belated birthday, Fuga!

D

Deleted member

Can't say much about Gaiden. I only played Awakening, Fates, and parts of FE7.
I would like to see improvements in the next game, mainly to the gameplay and story.

Happy birthday! Enjoy yourself today! :)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I haven't played Gaiden either, but I can definitely see this town-visiting aspect working on as an improved take on the My Castle feature. It could definitely be a great way to incorporate world-building into the game and make you feel more like you're in an actual Fire Emblem continent.

------

I am yet to open my presents and eat my cake, but I'm going to make sure I play Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon Sun to enjoy the birthday surprises in both.

Fun fact: my birthday is one day after this muscular guy's birthday:

That said, Happy belated birthday, Fuga!
Happy Birthday~!
Party.gif

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!

My birthday was a fun one. I got a new pair of headphones, a new pair of goggles, several Pokemon Center exclusive keychains (most of them feature the Sun/Moon starters; another features Zygarde's Complete Forme), two Pokemon Sun/Moon notepads, and a Pokemon Sun/Moon folder. Pretty nice stuff overall. I even had a pretty good chocolate cake.

I replayed Fire Emblem Fates yesterday, and one new thing I learned was that in addition to all the characters wishing you an enjoyable birthday in different ways, they each have a voiced clip of wishing you Happy Birthday. Some are them are pretty basic, while others are more creative spins that reflect their character. Saizo's has to be my favorite: "I'm, uh, glad you were born." It really reflects his dorky side, not to mention it's funny. Shigure's was nice too. He sings "Happy Birthday to you" using the Lost in Thoughts All Along melody. I ended up doing two skirmishes just to change up the characters appearing in My Castle and see what birthday message they had for me.

I also played Sun again and was happy to see they continued that Pokemon Center birthday special with the same lullaby and similar Pikachu confetti to OR/AS. Just like in generation 6, diamond dust also appears in the snowy areas on your birthday (in S/M's case, Mount Lanakila), so it was nice to see that again too.

In other news, I got homebrew for my 3ds and decided to mess around with a Fates randomizer. This was the result.
Seeing Hinata as Ryoma reminded me of the fact Hisame was originally going to be Hinata's younger twin brother, but was changed to be his child instead because the developers thought there would be too many 1st generations Samurais if Hisame was Hinata's brother (the Making of Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Book talks about this).

It also reminded me of Hinata and Takumi's Nohrian Festival of Bonds conversation. There, Hinata decides to treat Takumi as his younger brother for the day, and it's a pretty enjoyable conversation.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So I'm working on a thing :^)

Guess the character :^))) (probs not a hard guess lol)

Koiba Koiba you're not allowed to answer this or you will be lyncheT

Top Bottom