• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

So, after dropping the game for a few months, I've recently decided to pick Revelations back up so I could finally finish it. Chapter 23 was a pretty cool map, lots of cool strategies and ways to approach it. Chapter 24 though...hoo boy. Who thought the gimmick behind that map was a good idea? Only way I got through it without being seen was many Battle Save reloads and an overpowered Saizo and Beruka pair-up.

Actually...how ARE you supposed to approach Chapter 24's map? It seems to be possible only if you solo it with a ninja/thief, which makes the boss of the map a really scary fight.

Nah

Smash Champion
So, after dropping the game for a few months, I've recently decided to pick Revelations back up so I could finally finish it. Chapter 23 was a pretty cool map, lots of cool strategies and ways to approach it. Chapter 24 though...hoo boy. Who thought the gimmick behind that map was a good idea? Only way I got through it without being seen was many Battle Save reloads and an overpowered Saizo and Beruka pair-up.

Actually...how ARE you supposed to approach Chapter 24's map? It seems to be possible only if you solo it with a ninja/thief, which makes the boss of the map a really scary fight.
Use lots of high movement units I'd assume.

You don't actually have to do it stealthily though; doing so just gets you a pair of Boots, a Master Seal, and 10k gold. I wasn't aware that there even was a stealth aspect to the chapter when I played it actually, I just went through it normally and made the mistake of opening the red door at the 3rd one

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In just a few hours, the Nintendo Switch Presentation will air. I can barely contain my hype. The worst part, though, is that i technically have to be asleep by the time it airs. Against my better judgment, i'm staying up to watch it. But anyway, what are your hopes for the system? Here are mine (these are my hopes in general, not just for the presentation)

NINTENDO SWITCH HOPES!
  • A price no higher than $300
  • Different colored variations
  • A new Fire Emblem
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
  • GameCube Virtual Console so i can play Path of Radiance without having to shell out $80
  • An improved account system. Shovel Knight's been confirmed for the Switch. I don't want to pay another $15 just to download the game again on the Switch. So basically, if you have a compatible game that you've downloaded on the 3DS or Wii U, you can re-download it on the Switch for free
  • Good battery life
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X port or sequel.
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch
  • I don't know how well it sold but i want a sequel to TMS#FE. Or a port.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Right now, these are what I'm hoping to see during the Switch:

-New 3D Mario game
-Mario Kart 8 port/new Mario Kart game
-Smash Bros port/sequel
-BlazBlue: Central Fiction port
-Release date reveal
-Some cool new Nintendo app to be revealed
-New Kirby game
-New Pokemon game
-Good battery and price

I feel like whether or not I'll be satisfied after the presentation is pretty much 50-50 right now. I'm ready for the best, but I'm also ready for the worst.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If the price for the Switch is decent enough, I might pre-order it when it becomes available, or wait until my tax returns arrive and get it soon afterward. Otherwise, I won't be getting it anytime soon.

And as far as for what to expect, I really don't care either way. Wish I could stick around to watch the presentation tonight but I work during the broadcast. Oh well, I'll check it out when I get home tomorrow morning anyways.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So...

Fire Emblem Musou is a thing now.
I almost fainted during that one. :joyful: I thought it would forever remain a dream...

I'm going to actually try to keep my expectations for FE warriors down. We don't know any of the specifics yet (other than Chrom is probably playable). One concern I have is whether or not this will include characters from every game in the series. It seems somewhat possible that it will only include characters from Fates and Awakening, as those seem to be the only two that sold phenomenally well. Even if we do get characters from older FE games, it seems like they'll be limited in number. Not to mention most lords are extremely similar aesthetically.

I'd be fine either way, but this whole thing gives rise to another concern: it seems to me like the more older Fire Emblem characters they add, the less characters from Fates and Awakening will get in. This is where subjectivity comes in. I'd honestly prefer the latter. Just go with an all-Awakening/Fates roster, then add Hector, Marth, Lyn, Ike, and Roy. Possibly Eliwood. Ephraim would be where I draw the line. Sigurd? No. I'd take any generic cavalier from Fates or Awakening over him.

It's still a must-buy either way, but I'll be slightly disappointed if there are too few side characters.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I got so hyped when I saw FE and then it was warriors and the hype inside me died

Not saying it's bad or anything but I'm not into that kind of game and really wished it was another main Fire Emblem game

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My thoughts on the Nintendo Switch presentation (copy and pasted from another social I'm a part of):

Console itself: Price is looking good. Really like how easy it is to set this up on a TV. One HDMI cable and you're set. 2.5-6 hour battery life is... questionable. I'm not sure how frequently am I going to play the console on the go. The way you use the Joycon Controllers makes me think we'll see a new Punch Out game down the line. I like the Neon colors for it. I feel indifferent about the paid online service. Oh well, I guess everything can't always be free.

No Region-Lock: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm so glad region-lock is gone!

1,2 Switch: Looks like this is going to be the Nintendoland/Wii Sports of the Switch. Cool idea and I like how they are trying to make this into a party-game, but not completely sold on it.

Arms: Despite the meh name, looks pretty fun. I can already see Spring Man being a likely candidate for the next Smash.

Super Mario Odyssey: Super Mario 64/Sunshine style game coming back! Aw yeah! Looks really fun! I love how Bowser is wearing his suit from the Japanese New Nintendo 3DS cover commercials.

Splatoon 2: It's a proper sequel. Nice! Really liking those new weapons such as the double pistol. The new characters look pretty cool. That mysterious Inkling with the cool clothing and whose back was facing the camera makes me think he's going to have an edgy personality and will be important to the Single-Player modes story.

Xenoblade 2: A sequel to the original Xenoblade Chronicles? That caught me by surprise! It looks pretty good thus far! We even have some similar elements from the first one: Monado-looking sword, two giants that probably make up the worlds in this game. I have a feeling Xenoblade 2's protagonist is going to be a requested a lot for Smash.

Fire Emblem Warriors: HOLY COW NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAME! HYPE! Also, Chrom got his chance! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving this great mat the respect he deserves. Judging by the swords on the trailer, I predict Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth are already confirmed to be playable. I'll elaborate on that later if I have time.

Also, I really hope Takumi will be playable! Fujin Yolo crits for days! Heck, the Fates Drama CDs even confirm the arrows from his bows can produce a grenade-like effect. That's Warriors moveset material right there!

Third-parties: Not much to say here, but glad to see Skyrim is officially confirmed.

Legend of Zelda BoTW: Amazing trailer! Not surprise that it is a launch title either. Also, really nice that we're getting voice acting! I hope Zelda's English voice actress will do a great job. I mean, her Japanese voice actress already sounds phenomenal (I got chills at the scene where she cries in Link's laps). Also, that short woman with red hair is probably Impa.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: BATTLE MODE IS BACK! YES! YES! YES! And Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, and King Boo are coming back? Heck yeah!

BlazBlue: YES! YES! YES! Judging by the logo, it's most likely going to be Central Fiction: Switch edition. If we're getting an English Dub for this version, I'm going to be SOOOO happy!

Overall, presentation was good. Not amazing by any means, but I felt satisfied overall. I'm already hyped for Super Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda BoTW, Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, BlazBlue, and possible Arms. I'm worried about the launch title line-up though. That's only 2 games thus far (potentially 3 if Arms is included, but judging by "Spring 2017," it's probably going to be later). Translator could've been better too (he sounded so tired).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Looks like the weapons in the teaser were...

Awakening Falchion
Yato
Raijinto
Siegfried
Classic Falchion
...Why no Sword of Seals or Ragnell?

We can infer from that there will be Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander and Marth all as playable. Lucina is pretty much guaranteed out of her sheer popularity, and if Corns playable, Robin will probably be as well. Ike and Roy have really good chances to since they've got Shiek-status of being in Smash - and Hyrule Warriors had more then a couple references to Smash Bros.

But seriously, it'll be such a huge missed opportunity if they don't go full out Outrealm/Einherjar shenanigans and only use Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon characters. And this is from a guy who usually despises Outrealm shenanigans.

And I swear if they put fricken Tharja in there instead of someone who actually deserves it I'll lose it. I wanna go around destroying stuff as Black Knight, not someone else's poorly written waifu.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Honestly I'm not that hyped for Switch. The Zelda trailer was awesome and of course I'm excited for FE Warriors, and the price is good, but overall, thus far, meh.

Wonder how they'll handle the male/female avatars in FE Warriors. Will we just get the male default, or will female be playable as an alt costume or what? Hope to see everybody from Smash and then some. We may finally get to play as Hector and Lyn. And Jaffar. I'm assuming Ryoma and Xander made it too, from the swords in the teaser, I think Camilla, Leo, and Hinoka could have great movesets too, if they could use their mounts the entire time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Leo and Takumi have really good chances just to include all of the legendary Fates weapons, but maybe not. Dark Knight is still one of my favorite class concepts - riding around in cool armor and using sorcery - and Leo is one of my favorite Fates characters, so there's a good chance I'd main him. Maybe he'll actually be able to use Dark Magic like he's canonically able to fricken gameplay restrictions Nosferatu isn't even all that powerful in Fates. I could imagine an attack where he calls in Faceless to attack to. Unless Lute or Knoll gets in but the chances of that are LOL.

An Onmyoji or other Hoshidan mage class would be cool to have, just because I wanna see then call up all sorts of magic animals to attack. I know I said I don't want too many Fates characters, but here's to hoping for Izana anyway.

I really want Lyon and Black Knight to get in as playable villains, though I'm really doubting we'll see that many characters outside of Awakening/Fates.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Takumi would be instant main material for me if he got into Fire Emblem Warriors. In addition to firing arrows with grenade-like effects, I think I know another way he could stand out: make use of how he can ignore terrain effects thanks to the Fujin Yumi.

Perhaps he can "ride the wind" as a means of movement thanks to his bow's power, then create different mixups based on the power of his arrows.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The Black Knight would be cool. Or Valter, though he might be too creepy. Greil and Titania would be welcome additions too. Azura could be really unique too. Damn it, gotta keep my expectations low.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wyvern Knights were so cool for the one game they were in.

I don't like Valter himself that much, but I want him in the game just I can ride that Wyvern of his around.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
The presentation was pretty good...
THIS good that I already ordered my Switch <3

And yesterday I also celebrated one year here on Smashboards! Happy late joinday to me :happysheep:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
The one big advantage Fire Emblem Warriors has over Hyrule Warriors is that it has the potential to have a much larger cast. Niles, Takumi, Kiragi, and any other archer you want to throw in can all function similarly with minor differences between them. Going like that for every kind of class will appease everyone who wants to play as their favourite character, and it would be a real shame if they kept to the main characters with a few small surprise characters thrown in at random.

Also, I am most looking forward to transformation characters including Laguz, Taguel, Kitsune and Wolfskin. They have the potential for some really interesting animations and gameplay style.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The one big advantage Fire Emblem Warriors has over Hyrule Warriors is that it has the potential to have a much larger cast. Niles, Takumi, Kiragi, and any other archer you want to throw in can all function similarly with minor differences between them. Going like that for every kind of class will appease everyone who wants to play as their favorite character, and it would be a real shame if they kept to the main characters with a few small surprise characters thrown in at random.

Also, I am most looking forward to transformation characters including Laguz, Taguel, Kitsune and Wolfskin. They have the potential for some really interesting animations and gameplay style.
I had a sort of similar idea to this, where weapons can carry over to characters with slightly different stats.

Like, if you have a Rapier, then Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Eliwood, Eirika and Roy could all use it with all the same animations, but each have slightly different stats and different voices/dialogues/skins If they did that, I guess there'd be less room for Hyrule Warrior style over-the-top silly references, but at the same time I guess FE isn't as silly as Zelda and there isn't as much to pull from anyway. Combining sprite and possibly smash animations into one moveset would be cool.

But I'm not counting on them doing that at all. And let's not forget Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which only drew characters from two games. Others games were lucky to just get a cameo in an in-game shop.

...On the topic of shapeshifters, what I really want to see is Corrin with just his Dragon Stone. Running around in dragon-form for the full battle would be pretty fun, especially since s/he's got a pretty unique design in that form.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Didn't get to see the Switch presentation but I did watch some of the trailers of the games announced for the new console during my lunch break and I must say those were some pretty good stuff.

For the ones I'm excited about:
  • Super Mario Odyssey - That game sure looks like it could be a lot of fun. Level designs look great, especially the city level. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Looks really promising so far and I'm looking forward to hearing more about the game. I need to get crackin' on playing the original Xenoblade first one of these days when I get the chance.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nothing too fancy about this one since it's basically an updated Mario Kart 8 with a few additional characters and stuff and the previous DLCs also included. At least they changed Battle Mode back the way it was before they butchered it. Looking forward to playing Mario Kart again.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - The new trailer is just simply amazing. I really love how they finally added voice acting in a Zelda game. Nothing else much to say about this.
For the ones in between:
  • Splatoon 2 - Not sure how I feel about this game. I didn't really get into the first game mainly because of the gyro controls...or maybe I just find it pretty boring. I've only put in like 10 hours into that game and never touched it again. I don't know, maybe I'll give this sequel a chance.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - Not exactly the next main entry in the Fire Emblem series I was hoping to see if I have to be honest but at least it's better than nothing, I guess. Judging from the weapons shown in the trailer, I assume Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander and Marth will be among the playable cast in the game. I'm not really that excited about this game at the moment but we'll see once more info becomes available.
The rest of the other games announced are pretty much "meh" in my eyes but other than that, I'm pretty excited about this stuff. I believe the Switch is at a decent enough price for me to get it at launch. Of course, I plan to preorder the system after I get my tax returns hopefully before March 3 arrives.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I would like to turn into a manakete and breathe dragon breath on people

Nah

Smash Champion
Was hoping for a Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel instead of a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel. But this is probably similar to when XCX was announced and some people wanted a XC2 instead so....

Interested in FE Warriors but want to wait to see more of the game (especially complete character selection) first.

There's also the issue of that this costs $$$ and it's like I probably shouldn't be making large non-essential purchases anytime soon. Especially when I may also want to get a PS4 in the future.

D

Deleted member

Looks like they finally made Fire Emblem Warriors after the numerous requests!
I hope Takumi is playable. If we have Ryoma and Xander, we should have Takumi and Leo playable as well. And if Takumi is playable, then I have no reason to play anyone else. :p

The other games were good, such as Super Bomberman R, Super Mario Odyssey (open world 3D Mario like 64!!!), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (with Bowser Jr.!), Breath of the Wild (launch day!!), and... most importantly...
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2!
This announcement made me the most hyped! A sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles? HELL YES!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
if Takumi is playable, then I have no reason to play anyone else. :p
Takumi would be instant main material for me if he got into Fire Emblem Warriors. In addition to firing arrows with grenade-like effects, I think I know another way he could stand out: make use of how he can ignore terrain effects thanks to the Fujin Yumi.

LOL whenever I saw this trailer, I was internally screaming Takumi's name. They didn't even need to make a Fire Emblem Warriors. All I needed was a 3D Fire Emblem game starring Takumi. :joyful:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, i finally have a chance to post my thoughts now. First, let's check of my hopes that were fulfilled:

• A price no higher than $300
  • Different colored variations (even if it's just for the Joy Cons)
  • A new Fire Emblem (Not a main game but still excited)
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
  • GameCube Virtual Console so i can play Path of Radiance without having to shell out $80
  • An improved account system. Shovel Knight's been confirmed for the Switch. I don't want to pay another $15 just to download the game again on the Switch. So basically, if you have a compatible game that you've downloaded on the 3DS or Wii U, you can re-download it on the Switch for free
  • Good battery life (the longest it lasts is six hours. Pretty good.)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X port or sequel. (Ok, it wasn't an X sequel but it's a sequel to the original. This counts in my book)
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch
  • I don't know how well it sold but i want a sequel to TMS#FE. Or a port.
And now, for my individual thoughts:
  • 1 2 Switch: Pretty cool, pretty cool. I suppose this is the "Wii Sports" or "Nintendo Land" of the Switch. What i really like about it is that, because of the HD sensor things (which i didn't even know existed), the game is like VR without the VR headset.
  • Monkey D. Luffy simulator ARMS: This game surprisingly has depth. It's not just a simple fighting game where the characters have extendable arms. Overall, i'm interested. The sequel to this game will be LEGS.
  • Splatoon 2: I unfortunately never got a chance to play the first one but i'll definitely be picking this one up. New weapons, stages, being able to roll. Splatoon will have even more of a competitive scene now. Splatoon 2 for EVO pls.
  • Mario is Missing HD Super Mario Odyssey: We're back to the sandbox style of 3D Mario games, yes. When the trailer started, i legit thought it was TMNT because of how it focused on the sewer cover. Interestingly enough, we didn't see any new powerups aside from the new sentient hat. AND PIMP BOWSER THO!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: OH MAN! YES PLEASE! I love the Xenoblade games. Never got a chance to play X but i'll gladly take this. We have a sword that looks similar to the Monado, a titan sized tree (i'm gonna take a guess and assume this is the Elysium that was mentioned in the trailer) and a titan sized creature below it. When the main protagonist opens his mouth in the English version, i better hear a British accent. Square Enix has Final Fantasy. Namco has the Tales games. Nintendo has Xenoblade Chronicles. I think we can all pretty much agree that Xenoblade is going to be Nintendo's signature JRPG, alongside Fire Emblem. One thing i noticed in the trailer is that the main protagonist didn't have a party. We did see two girls who will most likely join him, but we only saw him by himself. This is likely just for the trailer. We'll learn more at E3. Japan has a intended release date of Holiday 2017. We likely won't get the game until 2018 but i've heard that we will get it in 2017 as well.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Me and my friends joked about this long before this presentation. And then it happend. No gameplay footage other than Chrom finally getting his chance. I do have one concern but i have faith. In the trailer, the 5 swords shown, were the Exalted Falchion, the Yato, the Rajinto, the Seigfried, and Marth's Falchion. Please don't just have characters from just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. TMS did this (minus Fates) but i have reason to believe that Fire Emblem Warriors will have a more diverse cast. You see, TMS was really just a Persona game with Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem Warriors, on the other had, is going to be a Fire Emblem game with Dynasty Warriors gameplay. I think we can at the very least, expect the Smash FE cast to be in Warriors. So Roy, Ike, Robin, and Lucina will be there (i'm not saying Corrin because the Yato basically confirms he's in the game). Some characters i would like to see are Lillina, Alm, Celica, Hector, Lyon, Black Knight, Micaiah, and Azura. And it's safe to assume that we'll get original characters in there. And who knows, maybe we'll get the original Cipher characters in there as well. Because barely any footage was shown, this game is most likely be released in 2018.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Bowser Jr. is playable. That is all that matters. Bowser Jr is best Mario character. Anyways, since i never got a Wii U, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be a must buy for me when i get the Switch.
  • Breath of the Wild: Ok so, you know how Skyward Sword made you care about Zelda? BotW took that and turned it up to 11. When Zelda cried, i cried. And this game is shaping up to have the best story in any series. AND VOICE ACTING! This is going to be the first Zelda game where i'll actually have to try and avoid spoilers.
They showed off some third parties, but i wasn't really drawn into them. Octotraveler looks cool tho.

As for the Switch itself, they got the pricing right, albeit, the highest they could go. The HD sensors are cool and i like the Joy Con variations. We also know that BoTW themed casings will be available thanks to those leaks, opening the door for different themed cases AND for custom themed cases as well. I'll be sure to get a custom Fairy Tail themed casing. Battery life can range from bad to good depending on the game. I just finally got a TV so hopefully there's a charge port in the Switch Dock. As for Nintendo Online, i have mixed feelings. I don't really like the idea of paying for online play and stuff. Really hoping it's a yearly payment. If it's monthly payment, RIP me. On the other hand, maybe we'll get better online now. Oh and Switch parental controls is a phone app. That you can use to limit play time and forcefully send the system into sleep mode. RIP kids with strict parents. And those parents will know about this because Nintendo's advertising that app. I will say, the trailer for that app with Bowser and Bowser Jr was adorable.

I'm gonna try to pre-order the Switch after school today but i will not be surprised if it's sold out by the time i get to GameStop. Either way, i'll try to have it by my birthday.

Sigurd? No. I'd take any generic cavalier from Fates or Awakening over him.
Finally, someone else who knows that Sigurd is terrible. Honestly, Sigurd is the worst Lord in my eyes. I'm 99% sure people only like him because he's a more broken version of Seth.

And let's not forget Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which only drew characters from two games. Others games were lucky to just get a cameo in an in-game shop.
I mentioned this above but Tokyo Mirage Sessions was really more of just a Persona game with a few Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem Warriors, on the other hand, is Fire Emblem with Warriors gameplay. So i see your concern, it's definitely one that i have as well, but i doubt they'll do just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters.

It's a great week to be a Fire Emblem fan! There is going to be a Fire Emblem Exclusive Direct January 18th!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819963941422059521
MMMMMMMMMM! Wow, Fire Emblem really is one of Nintendo's A-Tier games now. We'll likely see Fire Emblem Mobile and maybe Fire Emblem Warriors.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They have a whole direct? Maybe FE15 is happening sooner then I thought. It's almost definitely not going to be a launch title, but they still might show something small or give us a teaser at the end if FE is getting a whole fricken direct to itself. Between this and BotW's awesome new trailer, my hype meters are off the roof now.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Direct next week! YES! Here's hoping for some cool FE Warriors and mobile info! Maybe a tease at Switch FE if we're lucky...?

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the Switch. It's decently priced for what you get with it, and while it definitely seems like western AAA studios will be giving Nintendo the cold shoulder again, that's how it's been since the N64 so it's not anything new. I usually prefer Japanese games anyway, which seems to be what this system's entire library will be built around, so I'm good. :p
I'm just so happy we're getting a proper Bomber Man AND a Puyo Puyo at launch. I've wanted Puyo Puyo in the west for forever now, and I was convinced Bomber Man was dead, so those games are definitely welcome surprises!

I was lucky enough to get in a pre-order at Amazon this morning, so I can't wait for March 3rd! I gotta clear off some games so I have time for Zelda...

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I still expect to see Fire Emblem Mobile, but I'd be fine if it were all Fire Emblem Warriors content. I'm not expecting FE 15 this soon, even if we are getting a direct. Also, if there were to be a Fire Emblem Anime any time soon, this is where I would expect to see it announced.

D

Deleted member

First Fire Emblem was a series no one heard of until Smash, then it became a pretty niche one, then it was about to die, and now Nintendo recognizes it as a major IP for them and its getting its own direct next week.

The series has come a long way.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since I'm pretty sure a lot of here played Awakening and are aware of the recent moves, I want to share this picture I found while browsing on Chrom's tag on Tumblr:

Very accurate picture. Chrom got disrespected hard in Smash, but Warriors was good to him.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
OK, so, Nintendo of America has confirmed that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be coming to the Switch this year! That is amazing. I thought that Japan was gonna get it this year and then everybody else gets it in 2018. But that is apparently not the case. And that's amazing. Here's the source

Oddly enough, Project Sonic 2017 isn't on there, even though that's a confirmed Switch titile? Then again, there's a notable blank space in the 2017 box so maybe Nintendo forgot? Oh and here's the Tweet, if the picture isn't enough to convince you: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/820006323328864256

Also, if there were to be a Fire Emblem Anime any time soon, this is where I would expect to see it announced.
Speaking of a Fire Emblem anime, if they decide to make one that isn't based on any of the previous Fire Emblem stories, then this opens up the door to a lot of possibilities. Especially implementing the series' signature perma-death into the story. The Fire Emblem anime has a completely original story, so you won't know who lives and who dies.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Speaking of a Fire Emblem anime, if they decide to make one that isn't based on any of the previous Fire Emblem stories, then this opens up the door to a lot of possibilities. Especially implementing the series' signature perma-death into the story. The Fire Emblem anime has a completely original story, so you won't know who lives and who dies.
LOL your hyping me up too much! :rotfl:

I'd personally like them to go with Fates' world and characters and write an original story with it. I feel like Fates is the one that has the most potential story-wise, but to me it kinda fell a bit short (it was still pretty good). I'd love to see some original character/world development with Fates' cast. I'd probably be pleased with whatever they throw at me, though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Since I'm pretty sure a lot of here played Awakening and are aware of the recent moves, I want to share this picture I found while browsing on Chrom's tag on Tumblr:

Very accurate picture. Chrom got disrespected hard in Smash, but Warriors was good to him.

That's just great. After being made the butt of a joke for almost three years, maybe now he'll get the respect (he thinks) he deserves.

Of course, I want the Smash FE characters to be included in Warriors if only to have artists create scenarios where the FE Smashers taunt Chrom that they're both in Smash and Warriors.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
The console itself: The battery life seems a little short, but I like the fact that you can play it at home and on the go. I also like the design of the joy con controllers.

1,2,Switch looks like it would be a fun game to play every once in a while with family and friends.

Arms: While I'm not a huge fan of the name, the game looks like it could be interesting.

Splatoon 2: I'll definitely will be wanting to get this game. (Even though I never got to invested in Splatoon's multiplayer. I pretty much just got to level 10 and stopped.)

MK8 Deluxe: Great to see that battle mode has been improved. I was always bothered that Bowser Jr. was never in MK8 but was in Smash, and I'm glad they fixed that. It's also interesting to see Dry Bones, King Boo, and the Inklings in the game.

GTA Mario Edition Super Mario Odyssey: Definitely going to want to play this. That Bowser design is great.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Shut up and take my money

FE Warriors: YES. This is an amazing idea and I'm glad that it is a thing.

Zelda BotW: Again, shut up and take my money.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the release of the switch.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention this but i was able to pre-order the Switch yesterday! As soon as school ended, i ran there (and by ran, i mean alternated between walking and running). I didn't bother getting on the bus to go home and wait for my mom to drive me over to the nearby GameStop. I knew if i did, it would've sold out. Anyways, i got there and pre-ordered the Switch (would've pre-ordered BotW as well, but i only had exactly enough for the initial $50 Switch deposit). And when i asked the guy how many Switches there were left, he said less than 10.

In other news, i think i know why Project Sonic 2017 wasn't on that list of confirmed 2017 Switch games NoA showed: because Project Sonic 2017 is still has a temporary title whereas the other games on that list all had official titles.

Troykv

Smash Master
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Me and my friends joked about this long before this presentation. And then it happend. No gameplay footage other than Chrom finally getting his chance. I do have one concern but i have faith. In the trailer, the 5 swords shown, were the Exalted Falchion, the Yato, the Rajinto, the Seigfried, and Marth's Falchion. Please don't just have characters from just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. TMS did this (minus Fates) but i have reason to believe that Fire Emblem Warriors will have a more diverse cast. You see, TMS was really just a Persona game with Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem Warriors, on the other had, is going to be a Fire Emblem game with Dynasty Warriors gameplay. I think we can at the very least, expect the Smash FE cast to be in Warriors. So Roy, Ike, Robin, and Lucina will be there (i'm not saying Corrin because the Yato basically confirms he's in the game). Some characters i would like to see are Lillina, Alm, Celica, Hector, Lyon, Black Knight, Micaiah, and Azura. And it's safe to assume that we'll get original characters in there. And who knows, maybe we'll get the original Cipher characters in there as well. Because barely any footage was shown, this game is most likely be released in 2018.

I mentioned this above but Tokyo Mirage Sessions was really more of just a Persona game with a few Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem Warriors, on the other hand, is Fire Emblem with Warriors gameplay. So i see your concern, it's definitely one that i have as well, but i doubt they'll do just Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters.

MMMMMMMMMM! Wow, Fire Emblem really is one of Nintendo's A-Tier games now. We'll likely see Fire Emblem Mobile and maybe Fire Emblem Warriors.
I hope the Direct give even more hope in the game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Fire Emblem Warriors was something I didn't really expect, but then again, as Xeno610 mentioned, the Fire Emblem series has come a long way over the years from being a nothing to a major something. So it's a good thing the series is getting a lot of love these days.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in the rumors department, someone on NeoGAF has discovered a mention of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation for the Nintendo Switch on Fire Emblem Warriors' source code on Nintendo.com.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228518482&postcount=354

Any thoughts on this? I personally find myself being skeptical about this despite the evidence provided.

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm always extremely skeptical of leaks and rumors, regardless of sources and "evidence".

It might mean we're getting a Fates port on the Switch.

It might mean that there will be Fates references/characters/locations in FE Warriors (which is rather obvious if you ask me).

It might mean nothing at all.

Might as well wait for the FE Direct and see what happens.

Top Bottom