• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Well, I officially lost my first tournament :ohwell:

I lost at my second round in losers against a Rosalina, between my mistakes and the zero matchup knowledge I've been destroyed (I actually took a round off him thanks to a sd, but hey, we take those).
Overall it was a fun little experience and I'm looking forward to play more of these online tourneys!

Also, the fact that I was put in losers after three very close matches against one of the best player who entered the tournament gives me hope for the next one! :happysheep:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Well, I officially lost my first tournament :ohwell:

I lost at my second round in losers against a Rosalina, between my mistakes and the zero matchup knowledge I've been destroyed (I actually took a round off him thanks to a sd, but hey, we take those).
Overall it was a fun little experience and I'm looking forward to play more of these online tourneys!

Also, the fact that I was put in losers after three very close matches against one of the best player who entered the tournament gives me hope for the next one! :happysheep:
You definitly did well then if that was your first tournament. Great job!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So some new Cipher cards were shown off and these caught my interest

Matthew is going in for the kill (if only he could actually kill in the game)

Yeah, i'd be scared too if a happy 15-year old girl just randomly pulled out a bow and arrow inside a store.

So apparently, there's a second Rajinito.

This is pretty epic and it's actually just a portion of the whole thing

We just need Takumi and the whole thing will be complete.

Edit: I found this and i'm ashamed i didn't notice this until now.
View attachment 121016
I edited it to be more to my liking.
Here. You can use this one too:
View attachment 121017
Thanks. Now i've got a new phone background.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Matthew is going in for the kill (if only he could actually kill in the game)
Hold on, Mathew has muscle? Lemme check the official art.
Omigosh. All I saw was his little anime face in the actual game and I just assumed he was skinny or something, but the guy works out. Now I'll never see him the same way again.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i found this while scrolling through Miiverse.

I mean, the person who drew this isn't wrong. Primarina's Z-Move is literally a water Spirit Bomb and Primarina is essentially the Pokemon version of Azura.

Also, when the full Sun&Moon game leaked, the files were uploaded and people could pirate them. And the people who did pirate them ended up getting banned from using the games online AND using the Eshop. It may be a harsh punishment but honestly, they deserved it IMO.

The Sun&Moon anime starts tomorrow. I'm going in with neutral exceptions. You can't really expect anything out of the first episode of each Pokemon anime series.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
So i found this while scrolling through Miiverse.

I mean, the person who drew this isn't wrong. Primarina's Z-Move is literally a water Spirit Bomb and Primarina is essentially the Pokemon version of Azura.

Also, when the full Sun&Moon game leaked, the files were uploaded and people could pirate them. And the people who did pirate them ended up getting banned from using the games online AND using the Eshop. It may be a harsh punishment but honestly, they deserved it IMO.

The Sun&Moon anime starts tomorrow. I'm going in with neutral exceptions. You can't really expect anything out of the first episode of each Pokemon anime series.
I'm going to watch the Kalos league and the rest of the episodes and then start Alola with an open mind (even though I did think there were some things that were a little weird in the anime).

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Obligatory Fates x Pokemon art because pokemon sun and moon releases soon

Btw who's picking Rowlet and naming it Takumi along with Xeno610?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I'm picking Primarina for my first playthrough and naming it "Azura" regardless of the gender, but for my second playthrough, I plan on picking Decidueye and naming it "Takumi." It's too good of a nickname to ignore.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm picking Primarina for my first playthrough and naming it "Azura" regardless of the gender, but for my second playthrough, I plan on picking Decidueye and naming it "Takumi." It's too good of a nickname to ignore.
Hehe I'm doing the same thing, except picking Rowlet first. I was on Team Rowlet since his announcement

Then picking Poppilo, not only because Azura, but also because seals are my favourite animal~

And if it turns out to be male, I guess I'll name it Shigure :3

D

Deleted member

Hopefully more. :p
Funny thing is that I planned to name my Rowlet after Takumi since the beginning. What a coincidence that it evolves into an archer. :p

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'll be picking up Rowlet as well as Litten and Popplio. I'm gonna exploit the hell out of Poke Bank to get all three Alola starters.

D

Deleted member

I'll be picking up Rowlet as well as Litten and Popplio. I'm gonna exploit the hell out of Poke Bank to get all three Alola starters.
Err...
Not to rain on your parade, but the Gen 7 Poke Bank update won't happen until January. Unless you are willing to wait that long that is.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Err...
Not to rain on your parade, but the Gen 7 Poke Bank update won't happen until January. Unless you are willing to wait that long that is.
You rained on my parade. But thanks for telling me that. Thankfully, Poke Bank subscriptions last a year so i can pay for it now and when January rolls around, i can transfer my old Pokemon over. Though i suppose this means i can't get Rowlet and Litten right away, since i'm Team Popplio.

Edit: they probably did this so people don't transfer their lv.100s at the beginning and breeze through the game.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It looks like I won't be able to get this game today, so I'll have to hold out for a little while longer. This is driving me mad.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I won't be able to pick the game up for the midnight launch. I'm already starting to feel a bit tired to go out and get it, but I'll be sure to get my copy of Sun later in the day.

In the meantime, to those that just got the games, hope you all have fun!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm enjoying Moon so far. I'll be posting my thoughts after each trial. But there's something else i want to talk about. This: http://pokejungle.net/2016/11/18/pokemon-sun-moon-follow-coming-nintendo-switch/
Appearntly, a new Switch rumor came out today that there will be an enhanced third version of Sun&Moon on the Switch that version will have Pokemon that aren't avalible in Sun&Moon. The whole thing is fishy, mainly because this rumor came out today, the day Sun&Moon came out.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We interrupt this Sun and Moon talk for a brief message.

A new card for the upcoming Cipher set has been revealed, and it's the next card in that royal sibling collage featuring King Xander and King Ryoma. It's none other than Takumi as a Sniper, and oh man does he look glorious!

Potential avatar material right here! Give it a few days and we'll have the pure artwork version without the card text.

Now we just need Sakura and the collage is complete. I predict we'll be seeing Sakura as an Onmyoji in it much like how Elise appears as a Maid, a.k.a. her less canon promotion, in that same collage.

I'm enjoying Moon so far. I'll be posting my thoughts after each trial. But there's something else i want to talk about. This: http://pokejungle.net/2016/11/18/pokemon-sun-moon-follow-coming-nintendo-switch/
Appearntly, a new Switch rumor came out today that there will be an enhanced third version of Sun&Moon on the Switch that version will have Pokemon that aren't avalible in Sun&Moon. The whole thing is fishy, mainly because this rumor came out today, the day Sun&Moon came out.
I've been skeptical of third versions lately due to the lack of Pokemon Z and GameFreak's tendency to "surprise the fans", and with a rumor like this coming out on the day of Sun and Moon's release, it does seem fishy. I'd be all in for a main series Pokemon game on the Switch though. The HD graphics would look stunning!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't believe it one bit, especially since both Black/White and Black2/White2 were DS games.

The switch has been drowned in rumors ever since its announcement, so I'm not even going to bother with them. Too much energy for things that are probably fake anyway.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'll hopefully be picking up a copy of Sun on my weekly pizza run. I see many here have already gotten the game. I is jelly...

*slowly raises hand*

A new card for the upcoming Cipher set has been revealed, and it's the next card in that royal sibling collage featuring King Xander and King Ryoma. It's none other than Takumi as a Sniper, and oh man does he look glorious!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i finished the first trial. Let me recap what happened. I chose Popplio as my starter, made sure it's female, and named it Azura. After that, i caught a Pikipek and Rattata. The battle with Hau wasn't that tough, mainly because he has Litten. After i beat the Totem Raticate, Azura evolved into Brionne. After that, i caught a Pom-Pom Oricorio. I'm enjoying the game so far. I really like how you can actually see the trainers in battle. Oh yeah, i transferred the Ash-Greninja over but he won't listen after you've cleared two Grand Trials, which i'm assuming involves battling the Kahunas. But, let me tell you, Popplio's speed SUCKS. Lv14 Azura got out-sped by a lv.8 Mewoth. In general, i heard that Alola Pokemon just have bad speed.

That Takumi art tho. 10/10.

I've been skeptical of third versions lately due to the lack of Pokemon Z and GameFreak's tendency to "surprise the fans", and with a rumor like this coming out on the day of Sun and Moon's release, it does seem fishy. I'd be all in for a main series Pokemon game on the Switch though. The HD graphics would look stunning!

I don't believe it one bit, especially since both Black/White and Black2/White2 were DS games.

The switch has been drowned in rumors ever since its announcement, so I'm not even going to bother with them. Too much energy for things that are probably fake anyway.
Yeah, don't buy it either. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's WAY too early for it to happen.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
But, let me tell you, Popplio's speed SUCKS. Lv14 Azura got out-sped by a lv.8 Mewoth. In general, i heard that Alola Pokemon just have bad speed.
Yep, a lot of Alola Pokemon don't have the best speed. I remember when the leaks were coming out a week ago, one leaker picked Rowlet as his starter, and when pictures of Rowlet's and its evolutions' stats were shown, people were worrying about the Rowlet line. Turned out Decidueye has the highest base speed of the starters, but it's only at 70. Primarina and Incineroar's base speed is 60.

The only Alola Pokemon that I can think of that have really good speed stats are Midday Lycanroc, Ribombee, Minior's Core Form, and Tapu Koko.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Potential avatar material right here! Give it a few days and we'll have the pure artwork version without the card text.

Now we just need Sakura and the collage is complete. I predict we'll be seeing Sakura as an Onmyoji in it much like how Elise appears as a Maid, a.k.a. her less canon promotion, in that same collage.
Wow, that art looks perfect.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Time for another recap of what has happened on my Alola journey. After beating Hala and getting the Fightinium Z, i went to Ten Carat Hill and caught myself a Rockruff, which a nicknamed, Keaton. I also went and caught a Grubbin. After that, we departed to Akala Island. Let me tell you, Akala is where the Totem Pokemon start to become challenging. After clearing Lana's trial and getting the Waterium Z, i gave the Z-Crystal to Azura, so she could use Hydro Vortex. Then came Kiawe's trial, which wasn't that particularly difficult because water beats fire but it did let me know that Salandit were in the area. I caught one. Also caught a Cubone. Then came Mallow's trial and that Lurantis gave me hell. But not directly.
It called for a Trumbeak and that Trumbeak did more damage than it should have.
I only won after Salandit was able to poison the Lurantis. On the bright side, Keaton evolved into Midnight Lycanroc. Then came the time to fight Kahuna Olivia. I'm 90% sure this was RNG but almost every time her Nosepass used Spark on Azura, she would end up paralyzed. I wasted all my Paralyz Heals on her. I beat her, then went to the Aether Foundation, but not before getting my Ash-Greninja, which now listens to me.
And that's where i fought UB-01, under the name, ???. It's a Fire-Type. Apparently, you can tell the typing by the color of it's aura.
Then it was on to Ula'Ula Island. Sophocles' trial wasn't too hard. After beating the Totem Vikavolt, Azura evolved into Primarina
After that, i had my first fight with Guzma. Afterwars, Kukui gave me the Primarinium Z. Now i'm in the Ghost Trial. This is were Mimikyu can be caught. And i'm going to catch one.

Moving on to the anime side of Sun&Moon, i actually ended up enjoying it's premiere. Literally the only thing that bothers is Ash's design. Everything else works and i love it. Here, go watch it (keep in mind, it's two episodes)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! HERE I AM TRAINING MY SALANDIT, WONDERING WHEN IT'S GOING TO EVOLVE! SO I LOOK IT UP AND IT TURNS OUT, ONLY FEMALE SALANDIT EVOLVE! AND I HAVE A MALE! THANKS GAME FREAK, IT'S COMBEE ALL OVER AGAIN!

Edit: AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, YOU ONLY HAVE A 12.5% CHANCE OF ACTUALLY FINDING A FEMALE SALANDIT!

I'm actually upset about this.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Hot damn! I can't put it down! Takumi has already promo-- I mean evolved. I can already tell this is gonna be a much better game than X and Y (I actually really liked X and Y).

I can't help but commend what they've done with the Pokemon Amie. Before, it felt like just a mini game (because it is). Now, it actually feels like it belongs in the continuity. The way one has the option to clean their mons directly after the battle without going through any additional menus and that the mons show signs that they participated in the battle makes it feel more like a feature that's meant to go alongside battling rather than something completely separate. For the first time, I can go straight to petting and feeding my adorable mons without breaking the sense of immersion. Aside from the basic improvements such as better graphics, new Pokemon, and better story (so far), I'd say that's my favorite change/addition. 10/10.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
oh yes they give you some ability to alter your outfit very early on!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Since little me is curious, what are everyone's final teams?

May as well put mine because lolol.

- Decicueye
- Toucannon
- Midnight!Lycanroc
- Bewear
- Gumshoos
- Mimikyu

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

- Decicueye
- Toucannon
- Midnight!Lycanroc
- Bewear
- Gumshoos
- Mimikyu
Have you already caught all those? Or are you just planning ahead? I still just have my starter... I'm not very far in at all. :p

I'm hoping to get at least these mon by the endgame:

- Decidueye
- Lurantis
- Alolan Sandslash
- Drampa

The remaining spaces I'll just fill with whatever catches my eye. After I get all the Pokemon I want, I usually end up with a bit of extra room and look to whatever aspect my team is lacking (such as a particular type effectiveness or stat) when choosing the remaining Pokemon to fill my party. For every single one of my playthroughs so far (except for Black and White), I've had a Gyarados with me. If all else fails, I'll just fill all the remaining spaces with Gyarados. I'm a go-with-the-flow kinda guy.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

- Decicueye
- Toucannon
- Midnight!Lycanroc
- Bewear
- Gumshoos
- Mimikyu
So, it isn't final, mainly because my team usually changes, but here's who i have right now.
-Primarina (Azura)
-Greninja
-Salandit
-Midnight!Lycanroc (Keaton)
-Mimikyu
-Zygarde

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Have you already caught all those? Or are you just planning ahead? I still just have my starter... I'm not very far in at all. :p

I'm hoping to get at least these mon by the endgame:

- Decidueye
- Lurantis
- Alolan Sandslash
- Drampa

The remaining spaces I'll just fill with whatever catches my eye. After I get all the Pokemon I want, I usually end up with a bit of extra room and look to whatever aspect my team is lacking (such as a particular type effectiveness or stat) when choosing the remaining Pokemon to fill my party. For every single one of my playthroughs so far (except for Black and White), I've had a Gyarados with me. If all else fails, I'll just fill all the remaining spaces with Gyarados. I'm a go-with-the-flow kinda guy.
I didn't get a Mimikyu yet, I'm taking my time lol

Heard that you get Drampa really late; like Victory Road late. So you might not use it that much

The same might be for Sandshrew/Sandslash but I'm not too sure

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

- Decicueye
- Toucannon
- Midnight!Lycanroc
- Bewear
- Gumshoos
- Mimikyu
Might as well. The name in parenthesis is the nickname.

Primarina (Azura)
Toucannon (Toucan Sam)
Alola Raichu (Puka)
Midday Lycanroc (Selkie; it would've be named Kaden, but I ended up catching a female Rockruff instead)
Passimian (Urlacher)
Lurantis (Arturia/Medusa; I haven't decided the nickname yet)

I'm currently at the end of the route 4, so I am yet to catch Passimian and Lurantis, not to mention the Pokemon I currently have aren't fully evolved yet.

I also would've had a Gallade on my team, but it turns out not only is the Ralts evolution line unavailable in the Alola Pokedex, they are also unobtainable in Sun and Moon, thus requiring Pokebank, but I won't be able to transfer Pokemon until January. There's also the fact the Dawn Stone isn't obtainable until the postgame.

I think the Alola Raichu and Passimian will do just fine for now.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I didn't get a Mimikyu yet, I'm taking my time lol

Heard that you get Drampa really late; like Victory Road late. So you might not use it that much

The same might be for Sandshrew/Sandslash but I'm not too sure
I guess Drampa and/or Sandslash will just have to be that (those) late-game filler-mon(s). It doesn't bug me too much - there are plenty of good pokey-mans out there (like Gyarados:130:).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just encountered a Midday!Lycanroc. Looks like Rockruff's evolutions AREN'T version exclusive then. It just depends on the time of day. I caught it BTW.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just encountered a Midday!Lycanroc. Looks like Rockruff's evolutions AREN'T version exclusive then. It just depends on the time of day. I caught it BTW.
The version exclusive factor comes with the evolution. Rockruff evolves into Midday Lycanroc if it's daytime and you are playing Sun, while Rockruff evolves into Midnight Lycanroc if it's nighttime and you are playing Moon.

Basically, the opposite version Lycanroc can be found in the wild at that later point in the game, but which Lycanroc form will Rockruff evolve into will always depend on the version.

Top Bottom