• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoroCoro Has Leaked [Scans Inside]

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
We need translations now. I don't get why people were expecting New Characters though.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Pretty sure the "show" isn't real. Don't get your hopes up guys.
The show IS real, known as Corocoro.tv as it airs in Japan. And here's information on Corocoro talking about Smash in it's next air time tomorrow.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...roster-reveal-coming-soon-release-date-leaked

"It has been confirmed that Nintendo will reveal the official character roster and all the stages of Super Smash Bros. 4later this month. According to a listing on CoroCoro.tv, a special Super Smash Bros. 4 broadcast will air on Aug. 12 and all the characters and stages of the title will be revealed. Thus far, 36 characters have been announced for the official character roster of Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U and 3DS."

Of course, the segment might not actually reveal anything significantly new. We'll just have to wait and see.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The show IS real, known as Corocoro.tv as it airs in Japan. And here's information on Corocoro talking about Smash in it's next air time tomorrow.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...roster-reveal-coming-soon-release-date-leaked

"It has been confirmed that Nintendo will reveal the official character roster and all the stages of Super Smash Bros. 4later this month. According to a listing on CoroCoro.tv, a special Super Smash Bros. 4 broadcast will air on Aug. 12 and all the characters and stages of the title will be revealed. Thus far, 36 characters have been announced for the official character roster of Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U and 3DS."

Of course, the segment might not actually reveal anything significantly new. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well if the show is real I still have doubts they'd reveal the entire roster. This does not sound like a Sakurai move. He still has at least 1 or 2 more character reveals left. Unless they're both in that broadcast I don't buy it.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

While I'll take this will a grain of salt, it does look interesting. Do we know what time it'll supposedly air?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any images of the missing page? Or an I just imagining things? Also, I'm sure the coro coro event will be a more in depth look into some of the fighters, so I'm in.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Hold on here...

ALL the characters?

Booster

Smash Lord
This Smash speculation is giving me Smashgasms!

It's where I unleash my "final smash"! Good night everybody!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hold on here...

ALL the characters?
Not necessarily. I think it was reaffirmed later that Corocoro meant all the characters revealed up to now.

But you never know. We might get something else, like a release date for Wii U version.

Booster

Smash Lord
What will Wii U get for special costume pieces if it doesn't have StreetPass...FREE (Costume) DLC INCOMING :D

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I like to think so too but let's face it, Sakurai can be a troll sometimes. BUT atleast he isn't revealing the whole roster BEFORE release like he did with Brawl
He didn't reveal the full roster before Brawl. They only revealed the starting roster and the 3rd party characters, then they stopped revealing characters.

However, people got the game a few days early before it released in Japan, and they leaked all the character reveals from Subspace Emissary. And by the time we got the game outside of Japan (like a month later), they were officially revealed on the website, but were still hidden. So Sakurai never outwardly showed them.

Same will happen here, presumably.

Sakurai's a troll, but not an ass. He's not going to cut the bulk of the remaining 14 veterans and have no more newcomers.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
What's the likihood of us getting another newcomer tomorrow? Probably pretty small chances no doubt.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What's the likihood of us getting another newcomer tomorrow? Probably pretty small chances no doubt.
There is no chance of us getting a newcomer revealed tomorrow unless Sakurai informs us on Miiverse of such a event.

The odds of us getting a veteran confirmed is reasonably possible.

However, the likelihood of that is fairly low.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the show isn't real. The Examiner's source is a site which passed off a fake roster from gamefaqs as a leak in the same article it confirmed that CoroCoro tv is going to air a smash special.

The show exists but I don't think there is going to be anything smash related on it.

Booster

Smash Lord
He didn't reveal the full roster before Brawl. They only revealed the starting roster and the 3rd party characters, then they stopped revealing characters.

However, people got the game a few days early before it released in Japan, and they leaked all the character reveals from Subspace Emissary. And by the time we got the game outside of Japan (like a month later), they were officially revealed on the website, but were still hidden. So Sakurai never outwardly showed them.

Same will happen here, presumably.

Sakurai's a troll, but not an ***. He's not going to cut the bulk of the remaining 14 veterans and have no more newcomers.
Honestly since the 3DS version is holding the Wii U's potential roster back, 37 may be all we get, aren't 3DS Cartridges between 3 GB to 8 GB?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Honestly since the 3DS version is holding the Wii U's potential roster back, 37 may be all we get, aren't 3DS Cartridges between 3 GB to 8 GB?
um...we still have more character trailers to be unveiled, there's way more then 37 characters bro.

Last edited:

NatP

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the show isn't real. The Examiner's source is a site which passed off a fake roster from gamefaqs as a leak in the same article it confirmed that CoroCoro tv is going to air a smash special.

The show exists but I don't think there is going to be anything smash related on it.
This is all so damn confusing. Can someone that knows japanese please translate what it says on the corocoro.tv website?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai confirmed that the 3DS won't limit the Wii U version.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You do realize that cartridge space is not a serious technical limitation, right? 8 GB is huge, and pre-rendered video is the main hog of that anyway so they'd just cut back on that if they somehow ran into that cap. When people say 3DS has memory limitations, they refer to RAM which is how much stuff is loaded all at once. Even then though, 3DS is way more powerful than a lot of people imagine; handhelds have come a very long way.

Booster

Smash Lord
Sakurai confirmed that the 3DS won't limit the Wii U version.
Well supposedly if the character roster is the rumored 51 characters I've been hearing about, how the hell is he going to fit all of that onto a 3DS cartridge? I know there won't be as much music for stages, but music doesn't take up as much space as it use to (Remember Final Fantasy 1 and how the regular boss theme was also the final boss theme? Yeah)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well supposedly if the character roster is the rumored 51 characters I've been hearing about, how the hell is he going to fit all of that onto a 3DS cartridge? I know there won't be as much music for stages, but music doesn't take up as much space as it use to (Remember Final Fantasy 1 and how the regular boss theme was also the final boss theme? Yeah)
If it doesn't fit, they could probably use a larger cartridge, like they used a bigger disc for Brawl.

But without the cutscenes taking up over half the game, there's probably ample room for the 50+ characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well supposedly if the character roster is the rumored 51 characters I've been hearing about
You mean the rumors that are clearly fake and made by dumb 18 year old's=???

Also, characters take no room.

In Brawl music took up roughly 2 GB's, the SSE took up about 3 GB's, almost half a GB was dedicated to "Masterpiece", and characters were well under half a GB.

Seeing as how there's 2 songs per stage that meas music will take up roughly a GB. Seeing as how the textures aren't as high resolution as they are in Brawl, that means characters will likely take up 250 MB, or not much room at all.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
There is no CoroCoro show. The page they are referring to is the standard "Next Issue" page on the CoroCoro website. The details there were referring to this mini booklet in the issue of CoroCoro that is due out on August 12th, and these photos are of the said booklet.

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Though there are no character reveals, I think this is quite informative.

The big thing for me, is that customization picture. I want to say it looks like there is a name in the top left or right of the screen. I don't remember much of Japanese, but I remember enough to know none of them say "Mario".

This I think could mean that custom moves are for sure account based. Something I expected and hoped for, but I don't think has ever been clarified. This would very well mean that changes you make are not global to the character, so things like ditto matches are possible with custom sets. It also means there's hope to custom sets being quick to set up, as it shouldn't take much longer than setting up tap jump and such.

I'm reading a lot into one screen, where the things at the top could just be headers for the particular menus you've gone down into. However I think it's a good sign.

Another notable thing I believe is the frog hats. They definitely aren't Yoshi or Slippy ones by the seems of it. I think if a random hat like that is in, I assume all the hats from the 3DS will be in. Not a big deal, but the post last night could have been taken as only important hats were in.

Again, I'm reading a lot into this, but I don't find that this was at all "nothing" as far as reveals or info. Translations should help clarify.

Top Bottom