• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoroCoro Has Leaked [Scans Inside]

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm starting to wonder if there's gonna be such a thing as a starting roster this time around.

On one hand, it'd be really weird if they were showing so many unlockables before release.

On the other hand, I really can't see the amount of Fire Emblem starters go from zero, to one, to freaking four.

As much as I don't like the idea, we might be getting every character from the get-go.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm starting to wonder if there's gonna be such a thing as a starting roster this time around.

On one hand, it'd be really weird if they were showing so many unlockables before release.

On the other hand, I really can't see the amount of Fire Emblem starters go from zero, to one, to freaking four.

As much as I don't like the idea, we might be getting every character from the get-go.
That'd be nice, but I don't think it'll happen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Yea no way man

Sakurais quote on luigis reveal is great proof that luigi was a acception

:4tlink::4lucario::4luigi::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4lucina::4falcon:

Besides captain falcon all of them likely to be unlockable (captain falcon was a starter on melee.)

Luigi = year of luigi

Lucario = smash bros brawl annversary

Toon link = wind walker hd wii u bundle release

Sonic, Megaman, Pac-man, = 3rd partys

Lucina = 4 fire emblem characters from the start is way to many (lucina is the most likely due to being a marth clone and marth is most likely a starter due to being on the 3ds case.)

Captain falcon = f-zero anniversary (but could go either way due to being a starter on melee.)

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I'd seriously would not mind to learn of the translations of the CoroCoro articles any minute now.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
And for things like these is that you have to be very cautious to board recklessly the hype train...

Anyway, a new bunch of images and wait for new info in the text (if there's any of course)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Those Slippy hats I think come from Find Mii.

Apparently, your Mii fighter can wear hats you've collected from Find Mii in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a long day to be a Poke fan...

:4charizard::4lucario:

Stay strong...

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I mean. I was never expecting the final roster to be revealed but. Dang. I wanted some substantial news. The pics are cool I guess, but. Honestly, one of the most disappointing CoroCoro scans in recent memory. This magazine almost always delivers with juicy details.

It's been so long since the last big piece of Smash news dropped. There has to be something in the works. Sakurai knows that he can't lose momentum on the hype train chugging forward to Smash's release.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
what

am i missing something cause im confused
Ah. We just don't know anything about them which is kinda disappointing, because they're getting some major changes.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No new Pit and Palutena data makes me sad. I was imagining that another of Pit's custom specials would be shown, yet they're just using one of the old PotDs from a long time ago. At least Famitsu didn't disappoint.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491

I've been assuming this for a looong time now.

People keep bringing up the Luigi text, but Sakurai just said Luigi is usually a secret, not that he still was or anything to imply either way.

We simply have too many potential characters right now, especially since I REALLY doubt Wario, Ice Climbers and Meta Knight are all cut/secret now. And Sakurai said he still has reveal trailers, which would presumably have to come BEFORE the game (otherwise the reveals are wasted).

Knowing 40 characters out of a roster that likely is only around 50 just seems crazy.

Not to mention, Nintendo revealed MK8's roster, Rosalina in SM3DW, spoiled most of the Kalos Pokedex and may or may not have revealed nearly everyone in Hyrule Warriors. I think we will either have everyone from the start, or they're just revealing everyone and we'll never know who is secret until the game drops.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm just surprised we have really seen nothing from Lucario and some of the other veterans. It makes me think they got moveset changes or something.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
That was...mildly disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a newcomer or a vet but I wanted more then that. Like, maybe some custom moves or something.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Wanted more Fire Emblem, did not get more Fire Emblem.

Also, whoever said "Four Fire Emblem characters to start would be overkill" (or something like that).

Introducing, Super Mario and Friends! Unless Rosalina is hidden (coverart indicates probably not). And that's not even counting the "practically Mario characters" like Wario and Yoshi.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Pikachu's blurb says:

Even in the midst of battle, (Pikachu) is cute.
So yeah.

I'll go through some images and see how much I can read, which probably won't be much ( I know Japanese syntax and grammar but have poor vocabulary), but if Pikachu is any indication, you shouldn't expect much at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom