• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Stage Pack: Starter Pack Beta 2 is out!

timothyung

Smash Ace
Maybe you only need a slightly thicker block to fix the glitches.
And yeah I know the stages in the OSP are remakes, I just want to know what stages have been made by now.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Well I wanted to submit my remakes, but the Smashboards stage browser has been down for a long time, the AllIsBrawl one somehow don't support Stage Studio-made stages, and IGN's stage browser is so dumb. Is there any way to upload a Stage Studio-made stage to allisbrawl?
BTW there are no links to the stage browsers in the OP.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well I wanted to submit my remakes, but the Smashboards stage browser has been down for a long time, the AllIsBrawl one somehow don't support Stage Studio-made stages, and IGN's stage browser is so dumb. Is there any way to upload a Stage Studio-made stage to allisbrawl?

You can just use a normal file host.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Wolf glitch is fun ;D

CAN'T LET YOU HACK THAT CYBERGLITCH! XDD

It was really hilarious when it happened for the first time.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
Here are some I made that could be "tourney friendly"

100m

Safron City ( This one's a bit rusty atm... I have some ideas to make it better if this is accepted in. I'll just need a bit of assistance from Pizzaboy.

50m
Actually... I wouldn't consider this one for tourney play.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Even though these stages have probably been done to death and submitted to this pack countless times, I'll put my versions of Saffron City and Sector Z forward for the "Old Skool Pack."

DOWNLOAD

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Lol, sMexy. I hope you noted the added image on the OP. Haha...stupid Wolf.

timothyung, I've added links to all the stage browsers available right now to the OP(including one you might not know about). But yeah, if you need to use another file host like Mediafire or Rapidshare, just make sure to provide an image for us on the board (host at photobucket or something).

JCentavo, I do hope you read the suggestions to submissions, one being that any submissions not have ladders as a gameplay element. As for needing help from Pizzaboy, please just post when special stretching modifications and such you'd need right on the topic here and we'll see if we can do it. We do have a Saffron City pretty much completed as far as layout goes, but we do appreciate a fresh takes on the stage.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
JCentavo, I do hope you read the suggestions to submissions, one being that any submissions not have ladders as a gameplay element.
My apologies... I completely forgot.

As for needing help from Pizzaboy, please just post when special stretching modifications and such you'd need right on the topic here and we'll see if we can do it. We do have a Saffron City pretty much completed as far as layout goes, but we do appreciate a fresh takes on the stage.
Well, I was thinking he could try helping by minimizing the vertical height of the 2nd largest block so it would fit where I have the four small blocks.

Could he fix the way the moving platform is moving?
Like make it so it moves a bit less upward.

And I have an idea to make the building better; add ice blocks (gonna have to modify the size)
for the windows on the blocks.

This is what I mean

And use the tilted platform and just place one and revere the other to form those x's for the other part.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
He can alter the height of the path of the moving platform, but I think only by shrinking the height of the platform's path by half. We'll have to look into this.

The suggestion to use ice blocks to recreate the right building is a great one! Never thought of that.

Thank you for your own suggestions, Serris, for Sector Z I might critique it in saying the use of a platform to recreate the blaster of the ship makes it a place from people to camp at that's hard for others to approach. That would have to be removed. Also, the fin of the ship is too high compared to the back end of it for Ivysaur or Olimar to get on top of it from the right side. A full jump and a second jump get about 3 units high.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Actually I remember sector Z, The fin was so huge that it was hard to get to it without using up-B. I think only Kirby and jigglypuff could make it all the way up. Everyone else couln't make it without a third Jump. If you are trying to accurately make Sector Z then I think it is perfect.

I love the idea of these Community Packs. Wish i could help, but I don't have hacks to make it look right.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
We can do the hacks needed to do things right and to make things look fancy, just send us some picture or something of a stage you think would work well for the packs.

PizzaBoy

Smash Cadet
My submission:

Name: Terraform (needs a better name).
Music: Jungle Level
Size: Medium

Download

When I build a map, I try to do something new with stretching. This map's new feature is the tiny slopes in the middle.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Uhm... one question, wouldn't it be possible for a code that makes brawl to load textures at the moment it loads the stages? like "use x background when y custom stage is selected", that would add a lot of customization but I guess that if it hasn't been made then it's really hard to do or can't be done =/

timothyung

Smash Ace
CyberGlitch, you are right, I really don't know about the Brawl Snapshot's stage browser:ohwell:
BTW I uploaded images of my stages. Here they are:

Fountain of Dreams featuring platforms popping up from the ground and the out of boundary pole.
http://www.willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=67659

Hyrule Castle featuring two pairs of conveyor belts moving in opposite directions. (That means no movement)
http://www.willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=67658

And finally Saffron City, now with correct spawn points!
http://www.willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=67657

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
^ Hyrule castle shouldn't have the statue, it should have the shelter instead.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I unveil...Abyss!

Size: Small

Music: Dark World (Zelda)

Theme: A tight arena designed to facilitate aerial duels.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
CyberGlitch, you are right, I really don't know about the Brawl Snapshot's stage browser:ohwell:

Hyrule Castle featuring two pairs of convert belts moving in opposite directions. (That means no movement)
http://www.willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=67658
Genius on using the conveyor belts, I never thought of that. You do realize you just created an effective half block.
Now we only have to find a solution to our ledge grab problems.

timothyung

Smash Ace
^ Hyrule castle shouldn't have the statue, it should have the shelter instead.
The original Hyrule Castle has a tower like thing, with no ledges to grab. I know a shelter indeed LOOK more similar, but gameplay-wise a statue is more suitable to replace the tower. But with stretching I'm sure we can replace it with a shelter.
Reference picture:

Genius on using the conveyor belts, I never thought of that. You do realize you just created an effective half block.
Now we only have to find a solution to our ledge grab problems.
The conveyor belts did create an effective half block, but it remove ledges, which can be both good or bad. I wanted to add half a block to the lift of Saffron City, but it would remove the ledge. Again with stretching it would be much easier to deal with.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Just a bunch stages I made a while ago.

Loud and abrai
Music: Yell "Dead Cell"

The idea was a low hanging stage with moving platforms in place of grabable ledges. It seemed to work in the bunch of test matches I did.

Clasico
Music: World Map (Pikmin 2)

Another test stage with no grabable ledges. The stair things seemed like they didn't work, but I didn't play this stage as much. It probably would do better raised up a couple blocks, too.

himalgam.
Music: Unfounded Revenge

The left side is close to the boundary and has a grabable ledge, the right hangs out near the middle and doesn't. I wanted a Japes-like ceiling for this course.
A flipped version with the grabable on the right would probably work better. This layout seemed to work fine, but flipped ledges would probably work better for Tethers since the right is the one furthest from a boundary.

Hyrule Terrace
Music: Ocarina Medly

Based on the left side of Temple. The only obvious problem is I used the tree thing to simulate the raised area and it creates a wall. The stage might be better served dropped down a few blocks as well and given larger boundaries if needed, but otherwise it's playable.

Giroman

The idea was a counterpick with fallthroughs as the main platform and conveyors to keep people up on them. The stacking is a bit excessive, and the stage gives obvious preference to characters without tethers. It could be playable if the conveyor speed is balanced, or by putting an edge at the left side but making it small enough that you couldn't sit and camp there.

amalgamate.
Music: Porky's Theme

Tried to make a stage with falling blocks that was playable.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The conveyor belts did create an effective half block, but it remove ledges, which can be both good or bad. I wanted to add half a block to the lift of Saffron City, but it would remove the ledge. Again with stretching it would be much easier to deal with.
You're not supposed to be able to grab the base platform on Hyrule Castle though.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Here is a remake of the ever so renowned...Kongo Jungle!

Size: Small

Music: DK Rap

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
And yet another re-make of...Onnet!The catch however is that this variation of Onnet takes place in the Sky so it is known as Onnet Ascension

Size: Medium

Music: Mother 2

Top Bottom