• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Stage Pack: Starter Pack Beta 2 is out!

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman

With the advent of stage creation, the possibility of expanding the stage variation for tournaments was opened up. This potential, however, has yet to be realized. GHNeko, Pizzaboy, and I plan to change this through a series of stage pack releases that can be used as standardized groups of custom stages that can be adapted for tournament play.

This Project has the following goals:
-Diversity: Provide an increased diversity of stages acceptable for tournament play
-Balance: Provide stages that have been throroughly tested to ensure they maintain character balance and general flow of play
-Modularity: Provide the stages in multiple packs that are easy to add and remove from SD cards individually so that those running tournaments can choose to include those packs that suit the tournament's needs.

To head things off, we announce the beta release of our first stage pack, the "Starter Pack". This pack includes very basic stages intended to be extremely neutral. The starter pack is the "no brainer" pack, as far as tournament stages go. Descriptions and photos of the stages can be found below in the "packs" section.

This only begins the packs we have planned. If all goes well the following release plan will be followed...

RELEASED Starter Pack: Basic neutral stages
PENDING Old Skool Pack: Remakes of stages from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl.
PENDING Community Pack 1: A group of neutral stages, made up of submissions by SWF and All is Brawl communities.

Alright, now it's your turn! We want to see you submit stages you've made, or suggest stages others have made, to be added for our future releases. We are even willing to take drawings you've made for stages and make them. Don't worry about making the stages pretty, that's our job.

We want to make clear that for submissions...
You will keep full credit for the stages you've submitted, and will have that credit included with the stage pack via a README file.

By submitting, you give us the right to modify your stage, this includes...
The Layout: to allow subtle adjustments to ensure character balance and gameplay flow
The name/picture: to ensure we can make names inoffensive and easily identifiable in a tourny scene. This is also to ensure our packs have no stages that share names.
The music: We would like the stages in the stage packs to feature a diversity of music, as each song gives a stage a unique flavor and personality. We want to avoid duplicate songs.

Please note that you will be notified if any deviations that are made from your stage. These deviations will also be noted in the README file.

Please follow these general guidelines when considering which stages to submit if you want your stages considered...
1.) Upload the stage to Smash Boards stage browser, All is Brawl stage browser (note that this will not allow you to upload stages made through Stage builder), IGN's stage browser, Brawl Snapshots stage browser, so some other file host, provide us a link to it, and a photo or two of each stage you submit if possible (it's not required, but it makes our jobs much easier). If you are just submitting a sketch, posting a photo and a prefered name here will be fine.
2.) Do not use ladders or springs for anything other than decorations which cannot be interacted with. Ladders are disruptive to gameplay. Springs can be easily exploited for hard to approach move spam (e.g. Marth's counter attack). Stages with any of these will either be dismissed or modified.
3.) No cage stages, stages built so people can survive to high percents in a box or whatnot.
4.) Keep the balance for all characters in mind for your submissions. Every point on your stage should be reachable by every character. Left and right edges should generally be grabable so as not to put Olimar, Ivysaur, and ZSS at great disadvantage. If you have ideas to have nongrabbing ledges that still cater to these characters' recoveries decently we'd be interested in seeing them.

You can submit as many stages as you like. You can even suggest stages others have made that you liked a lot.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Completed Packs​

UPDATED The second BETA release is out. Glitches with the edges should now be fixed. Dream Land 64 has a revised layout.

Photos of the stages will be updated soon.

Featuring the following stages:

Oh noes! A non-flat, assymetrical neutral? The plateau is just that. The smash gods surely admire such a well constructed stage.

As far as remakes for Dream Land, of the original Super Smash Brothers, goes, this is as close as you'll get to the original. No, it doesn't have a tree with excessive lung capacity, but it does have a fantastically simple layout that allows for smooth gameplay flow.

This familiar stage borrows from the time tested, mother approved Final Destinations of past to correct the ills of our current Final Destination. Destination is bigger, has further sideways kill bounderies, and doesn't have ledges that make you want to punch a child.

Battlefield just got flipped? Battleplace is that special place you go with your family when you want to have a picnic and an epic, bloody brawl.

Packs in Progress (taking submissions)​

This pack will include the best remakes of all your favorite Smash stages from Melee and Smash 64. We want to hear your requests for stages, and we'd love to see your submissions for remakes.

The general list of stages to be included is as follows:
*Melee
-Fountain of Dreams
-Four side
-Princess Peach's Castle
-Venom
*Smash 64
-Hyrule Castle
-Peach's Castle
-Saffron City
-Yoshi's Island

Possible other stages to be included (depending on the amount of requests we get):

*Melee
-Corneria
-Yoshi's Story
-Konga Jungle
-Planet Zebes
*Smash 64
-Congo Jungle
-Sector Z

You're stage submissions, requests, or even rejections will help dictate which stages will be in the final list.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
It was such a requested stage, and such a great neutral, that we opted to put it in the Starter Pack.

There will be plenty of stages to fill its place in the Old Skool pack.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Let's just get it out of the way because I think we all know what the people want...

HYRULE CASTLE.

With that out of the way, the stages I miss the most are Safron City and Peach's Castle from N64.

D

Deleted member

Bug Report tiem!
On Desolate Plateau, sometimes you can't snap to the left ledge correctly, you fall and get your double jump back.
Fake Edit: This also happens on Destination Zero sometimes, on both ledges.

PizzaBoy

Smash Cadet
Bug Report tiem!
On Desolate Plateau, sometimes you can't snap to the left ledge correctly, you fall and get your double jump back.
Fake Edit: This also happens on Destination Zero sometimes, on both ledges.
My immediate guess would be that its a result of the use of super thin platforms, perhaps caused by their placement over the prop parts. Could you say what character this happened to you with, and more exactly describe what you were doing?

Edit- Actually, a replay would be wonderful.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any chance we could get a code that let us grab the ledges of angled blocks? It would open up stage possibilities, such as making a completely accurate Hyrule Castle 64.

D

Deleted member

My immediate guess would be that its a result of the use of super thin platforms, perhaps caused by their placement over the prop parts. Could you say what character this happened to you with, and more exactly describe what you were doing?

Edit- Actually, a replay would be wonderful.
It actually happens pretty often, at least using the Ice Climbers, try it, I can't get a replay up because the laptop I use to read the SD card isn't here, I'll try to get some later tonight.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
**Orgasmic sounds** This stage thing was such a great idea! I love the stages so far too! I can't wait for more updates!

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap! Matt, you're right! I missed adding the "apps" directory. The fixed stage pack will be uploaded in 2 minutes. When you copy the private folder over for the fixed stage pack, the files will copy to the correct location. Sorry about the trouble man!

As for grabable slanted ledges...pssshhh, that's easy. Pizzaboy and I figured that out a long time ago (doesn't take a special code to make it work either). In other words...Hyrule Castle remake is **** sauce.

Before we release the Old Skool pack though, we need some of your submissions or ideas for it! We also need a bit more time to tweak the stages we finished, and to fix any bugs for the Starter Pack.

There are awesome things ahead for this project ;-)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Oh crap! Matt, you're right! I missed adding the "apps" directory. The fixed stage pack will be uploaded in 2 minutes. When you copy the private folder over for the fixed stage pack, the files will copy to the correct location. Sorry about the trouble man!
No problem, I figured it out pretty fast. I love all the stages BTW.

But there is another problem concerning the ledges. When you try to do a rising aerial after ledgedropping you instantly land without finishing it. I don't know why it does this.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Its because your collision box hits the stage. Its acting like a platform.

You know, how when you jump the right height, you auto land?

think of it as a stage exploit. A way to get back on the stage.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Destination Zero is practically a better FD, Wolf players will actually be able to recover now ;D

I really like Desolate Plateau, just the fact that it has Golden Sun music is cool but its also has a really nice and fresh design IMO but its ledges are pretty glitchy.

Didn't try Battle Place at all, it just wasn't appealing to me.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Ok, I just played like all night with the stages (testing roy+) and I LOVE them. To the point that Elevate might be my fave stage >_>. They have much better sizes than reg brawl stages. But sadly there are some bugs like the ones that have been mentioned.... Heres one that hasent

Marth and Roys recovery is really odd on Elevate. If you recover close to the stage near the concave blocks you will slide up and out like a flipped egg on a skillet. and end up way to far from the stage and in some instances it killed me @_@ shot me clean off the blast zone.

timothyung

Smash Ace
I thought Dream Land had a flat base...
And the auto landing is weird. We don't need more glitches.
You may want to be sure that there are absolutely no glitches in the stage before making it good-looking.
Other than those minor glitches, the stages are really cool.
And what stages do you have for the OSP?
BTW I made a few stages long ago which I think are possibly neutrals:
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3458
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3459
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3460

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Destination Zero is practically a better FD, Wolf players will actually be able to recover now ;D

I really like Desolate Plateau, just the fact that it has Golden Sun music is cool but its also has a really nice and fresh design IMO but its ledges are pretty glitchy.

Didn't try Battle Place at all, it just wasn't appealing to me.
Noted. If anything, we'll just replace the edges with a normal block and that will be the end of it.

Ok, I just played like all night with the stages (testing roy+) and I LOVE them. To the point that Elevate might be my fave stage >_>. They have much better sizes than reg brawl stages. But sadly there are some bugs like the ones that have been mentioned.... Heres one that hasent

Marth and Roys recovery is really odd on Elevate. If you recover close to the stage near the concave blocks you will slide up and out like a flipped egg on a skillet. and end up way to far from the stage and in some instances it killed me @_@ shot me clean off the blast zone.
Noted. Thanks for the input.

I thought Dream Land had a flat base...
And the auto landing is weird. We don't need more glitches.
You may want to be sure that there are absolutely no glitches in the stage before making it good-looking.
Other than those minor glitches, the stages are really cool.
And what stages do you have for the OSP?
BTW I made a few stages long ago which I think are possibly neutrals:
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3458
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3459
http://allisbrawl.com/stages/stage.aspx?id=3460
OSP is using remakes from 64 and Melee. The only glitches that exist are simply with the ledges, so replacling them with a normal block will be hella easy.

Glad you guys like the stages. <3

Extra <3s for people who like DP.

Top Bottom