• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Stage Pack: Starter Pack Beta 2 is out!

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Alright people, I'm back to resurrect this topic.

As some of you may have realized I've been a bit distracted by running the Custom Music Hub topic. I'm getting caught up with that. I want to work with the topic to help this one, actually.

I've got most of the alpha stages for the old skool pack designed based on the submissions people have added and my own personal research with the original games. Before I release this pack, however, I'd like to organize some people to make custom music (perfectly looped) so the stage remakes can be played with all their original tunes.

I'm sorry I haven't been pushing this as much as I should be. It'll get there, I promise ;-)

Depster

Smash Champion
I have a few sick remakes, I should remake them in stage builder and upload them =0 Particularly Saffron City, Peach's castle (though you can't grab the ledges in the stage builder version), and Fourside.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Nice fourside! That was my fav stage in Melee!

With Fourside, you can't see all the cool stuff in the buildings, just a bunch of blocks having spaz attacks lol. Still a very good stage though.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Here's a few

Fourside

Saffron City

Peach's Castle

Nowhere (This is my idea for a neutral)

Shrine (Another neutral idea)

Here's the download
I'm pretty sure you've already realized this, but Nowhere resembles Congo Jungle 64, and Shrine represents the first stage of Adventure mode in Melee where you fight the team of Yoshi's with Toad running in the background. Even then, great stages, that's no doubt the best Fourside I've ever seen.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but like jalued said, will there be textures to resemble the old school stages?

Depster

Smash Champion
Wow thanks =D

The only things those are missing is that they don't come out well in-game, but I'm assuming since we're designing stages like this that the main team can make it work right, and the slants will need to be grabbable too =0

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the submissions, BG3!

I have the majority of N64 stages done (not made to be visually appealing, though, not yet). I just need to do a few more adjustments on those and then fix up the bugs remaining in the Starter Pack. I still need to catch with the Custom Music Hub topic, and then I'll find time to get these two things done.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Has this project died, or has it just slowed down? Are more releases still planned?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
This project was put on hiatus because the Brawl+ codeset disabled custom stages.
It's been a while since I last touched the stages to be honest, but over the summer I would like to review over the submissions again and put something together because people put some hard work into it.

I will note that there are some very exciting projects to create custom stages beyond what you or I can do, and I was hoping that those involved with these projects would have the sense to recreate past stages. If anyone is planning on doing this more advanced work or has already started on it, please let me know.

Top Bottom