• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Been trying to practice my DI and MC through infinite time match with level 9. Custom stage about the size of Final Destination and blocks to mark heights. Damage setting set to 1.2 and handicapped to 60%. Do you think this will get me anywhere in terms of DI even slightly so that I may live longer?
Anyways, good job SoulPech and Carls for doubles 1st spot.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
what you described sounds like a useful thing to do. I think practicing with bombs on is also good. You need to develop the skill to 1)predict when you will get hit 2)predict what trajectory that hit will send you in naturally 3) how to adjust that trajectory optimally with di. later you want to understand your characters momentum canceling as well

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm yeah, I been practicing with bombs but there is a certain point where Fox cannot live past it seems like because he is launched so fast after 88%. What kind of DI methods do you guys use? QCDI or HCDI or regular SDI? Also when launched horizontally would you DI toward the opponent and up or just up?

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just so everyone knows, I am not confirmed for going to Donatos tomorrow. Even though I have the ability to, I need to clean up my apartment before we travel to Indiana for a tourney AND I have an interview this friday that I need to prep for.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm I see, but since you aren't coming, Jiggly Puff will disapprove of this smashfest and draw something on our faces.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
All I need to know is when we'll be heading out to Indiana, Pech, and maybe any other plans towards that.

It looks like Bloomington is somewhat in the same direction as Cincinnati, for example.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Of course I am.

But since Pech isn't coming, unless I can get another ride for later, I'm gonna have to leave on my own at around 10:10 or so.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, good enough for me. I do not fear the wrath of Jiggly Puff that puts on horrendous face (meme faced Jiggly Puff...) and congrats on your 500 message count!

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm still on the fence on coming. I said i wont', but I think I may go anyways. Maybe I'll just suck it up and do the cleaning tonight when I get off of work.

to answer your question Carls It'll be as soon as I get off of work. I may request to work super early so we can leave super early. I need to know when jake gets off of work and when chonce is available. This will most likely be discussed tomorrow.

Thrilllho

Smash Rookie
how many people usually come to these? trying to determine whether its worth the trip

Thrilllho

Smash Rookie
i can bring enough controllers for everyone and their mother, but i can't guarantee they'll be of great quality. i dabble in melee and played brawl when it came out, but i am atrocious in both. i would be willing to learn how to get better if y'all can teach me

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hehe, I am still learning my things with Fox and MK (I think I barely used MK recently... only in doubles against cpus with my bro back at home) so no worries.

Thrilllho

Smash Rookie
sweet, does anyone else who entered the 64 tourney come to these? if not, does anyone know how i can get ahold of them?

SoulPech

Smash Master
honestly, they're just a crew that just shows up and plays. I have no idea who they are...

I can see if I can ask Kyle if maybe he knows.

Thrilllho

Smash Rookie
ok. i figured you might know achilles or paradigm since they entered melee and project m. oh well

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
OYea! Let's play some 64

Ill bring mario kart

Off fu** I hate my phone sorry for triple post

SoulPech

Smash Master
The Melee scene actually plays on campus on different days as us. When you come tonight, I'd be more than happy to get you the info

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, finally back online! (for sure I hope?) Good games to QD and mars16 even though our games were so one-sided. SoulPech, Carls and all else who are going, good luck in the tournament. By the way if anyone wants to say something about things I need to improve upon, please do tell through pm or so.

Top Bottom