• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

SoulPech

Smash Master

Greetings!

Welcome to the Columbus Social Thread for Brawl/PM. Keep in mind that this is not only for Columbus; I don't mind other people dropping in. Any questions or suggestions you wanna ask (smashfests, tournaments, whatever) just post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***NEW COLUMBUS WEBSITE!****
http://www.columbussmash.com/

Power Rankings: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-columbus-oh-pm-power-rankings.351835/

Power Rankings Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7xv3rFNN7lpVLyHIXssGHUUKDU/edit#gid=522397839

Who are we?:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/columbus-pm-and-brawl/who-are-we/699940020072636

----------------------------------------

HERE ARE THE UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS

*** Smash @ Packrat - Columbus, OH (8/4) ***
http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...bi-weeklies-hilliard-oh.388994/#post-19578372

*** CSC 3 - Cincinnati, OH (8/15) ***
https://www.facebook.com/events/378535842345855/

*** Arcadian Prime - Hilliard, OH (8/25) ***

*** MITTEN IV - Wyoming, MI (lel) (9/5) ***
http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...w-amateur-brackets-doubles-wyoming-mi.347997/

*** ESI | All Mid Invitational - Cincinnati, OH (10/3) ***
http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-3-2015-esi-all-mid-invitational-cincinnati-ohio.409403/

*** Paragon - Los Angeles, CA (9/5) ***
http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-5-2015-paragon-los-angeles-2015-ontario-california.398069/

(Also there's a Dayton tourney every Friday as well. Visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashBrosDayton/)

Locations

Donatos: 2084 N. High St Columbus, OH.
Packrat Comics: 3864 Lattimer St, Hilliard, OH 43026

We currently host bi-weeklies at Packrat Comics, Smash @ Packrat

On the off bi-weeklies, we run friendlies at Donatos. There is also a local FGC Community that plays other fighting as well (Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, etc.). You can bring whatever game, so have a blast!

On the weekends, there are tourneys often, but you are more than welcome to host a smashfest. Just let us know on the facebook group or here if you're wanting to host something.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Bumping. I am hosting a smashfest at my apartment! I want to know if anyone is interested in attending! I can give my address if people need it.

:phone:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Columbus peeps are so lucky to have this option. I'm jelly and they better not pass up on it

Oh wait it's already happened. I hope ppl went and I hope you host more <3

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
There were three of us (and I played P:M for like all of it~), but it's a start. We'll keep chipping away at it.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It is a small start, but I do hope to get some more hype. i won't have a smashfest this weekend because I am attending my niece's b-day party, but the C-bus players are still practicing, which is what truly matters.

SoulPech

Smash Master
won't be able to this weekend...unless I get back Sunday early. I got/want to celebrate my little niece's birthday, so making a trip to my hometown in bfe!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm over here at SoulPech's trolling him with Project: M Sonic.

Smashfest is at 5 for anyone who is interested. Carls is going to be picked up at some point. I'll preliminarily welcome Suyon and Fizzle into our fold! Let's get some games going!

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I just moved to Dayton from Virginia and was hoping to see if you all, just being an hour or two away, might know if anyone around here plays melee or even p:m. I apologize for posting an unrelated topic, but I wasn't sure where else I could grab some attention :/

Thanks!

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I just moved to Dayton from Virginia and was hoping to see if you all, just being an hour or two away, might know if anyone around here plays melee or even p:m. I apologize for posting an unrelated topic, but I wasn't sure where else I could grab some attention :/

Thanks!
Most of Ohio's melee scene is in the North East. We have players near cleveland, ashtabula, canton/akron, and youngstown. There are a few melee players in columbus I think though. Also a bunch of P:M guys.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hi! I am new to the brawl community and am looking for people to play smash with. Is anyone here close to Akron, Ohio? I went down to my first tourney this weekend in NC hosted by Mekos and someone suggested that I look here for someone who would be interested in playing smash closer to where I live.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Most of Ohio's melee scene is in the North East. We have players near cleveland, ashtabula, canton/akron, and youngstown. There are a few melee players in columbus I think though. Also a bunch of P:M guys.
Bah thanks man. Maybe I'll try putting up some flyers or something at my university. It'll be painful to play with beginners but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. It also like there's a guy name oBlackstar that moved here recently too. Now to get a hold of him.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Bah thanks man. Maybe I'll try putting up some flyers or something at my university. It'll be painful to play with beginners but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. It also like there's a guy name oBlackstar that moved here recently too. Now to get a hold of him.
More players is always good :D
Also we have a group on facebook for north east ohio/west PA if you want to join. I think columbus has a group too but I dont have a link.

If you feel like joining: http://www.facebook.com/groups/470817746279509/

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yes, Columbus Melee has a group and a decent scene actually.

Prince_Abu and them have a FB group that mostly talks about playing smash and stuff on OSU's campus. We used to have a night on Wednesday that was reserved for fighters and smash, but now we have to look for a new venue. Columbus Brawl is particularly active (most active scene in the state) and Melee is also pretty active, even though they do not travel much (the old heads went to FC and I think a few other OH players did too.)

Columbus P:M is also relatively active, but you'd have to talk to Master_WGS a bit more about that.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
yea, you guys def got to find a venue.

i'm interested in joining that fb group, u got the link? er, i suppose i could search and find it fairly easily.

kukulza, def put up some flyers at ur university! thats how i got started in smash. i ended up being really great friends with the guy and became his toughest competition. there's def a chance u'll get lucky. at the least u'll probly expand the smash scene!

Just Play Games

Smash Rookie
New venue

All,

I am the owner of an new arcade in Columbus, Ohio called Just Play Games near The Ohio State Campus located at 1443 North High St. Columbus, Ohio 43201. We have XBOX 360s, PS3's, and N64. We opened August 20th and have had a lot of feedback from the community about Smash Bros on N64 and Gamecube. I would like to welcome you all to come check at Just Play Games and would like the chance to host Smash tournaments/regular play weekly. I can be email at DamianJG23@gmail.com or just come down to the arcade we are open 4pm-1am everyday. WE WANT TO BE YOUR VENUE!! so please let us know what we can do to make this happen.

Kudelka

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I just moved to Ohio from SoCal about a month ago and it's been quite an adjustment to say the least, but very pleasant so far. I am new to Smashboards but no stranger to competitive Smash, AllisBrawl has been my go-to site for all West Coast related stuff but I figured it would be easier to get in touch with the local scene on here. Perhaps we can all get some games in sometime. :)

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hi there! Currently, Columbus is looking for a reliable venue to host a Smashfest either ever Wednesday or Thursdays, as well as tournaments. I didn't check a map..how far are you from Columbus?

Just Play Games

Smash Rookie
Reliable Venue

SoulPeach,

We are located pretty much right on the Ohio State Campus on the corner of 8th and High. 1443 North High St. Columbus, Oh 43201. We want to be your host anytime and any day. We have just open and looking to fill are leagues and days. Please feel free to email me at JPGGamers@gmail.com. We could do something as soon as next week and depending on how many people you have for a tournaments we are partners will Charlie Bear located in the Gateway district on campus which can hold 300+ which is great cause the parking garage is right there.

JUST PLAY GAMES!

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Yo, their'll be a game fest from 6:30/7:00-11:00 at the Union on Friday. Let other people, whether Smasher or FGC guys know. TVs are covered as well so we only need consoles.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Just saying ahead of time, these won't be on a regular basis but I'll bump this thread whenever they come up. At the future ones may run mini tournaments if there is interest. And there will be a mini tournament when some Japanese students come by later this year. .

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Are there any date/venue info on this up yet? I was thinking of driving out from Dayton just to get my melee fix. Things are very different here than they were back in southern Virginia.

Does Cincinnati hold any fests? They aren't THAT far from me I suppose.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I am going to be stopping by Just Play Games today to discuss things with the owner. As of now, the venue for Smashfests are going to be at Donatos with Columbus Fight Nights on Wednesdays. I'm at work, so i'll post more info about this when I get off of work.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
What's the time for it?

I might come to this tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet. Based on where it is, me getting to and from that Donatos with a COTA won't be hard for me at all.

Top Bottom