• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

SoulPech

Smash Master
just a reminder:

Smashfest @ Donatos this Wednesday. I will be showing up around 6:30-ish. Also, Smashfest @ my house this Saturday as well.

:phone:

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Ah ok I thought NEOH was a specific player not a thread, my bad. Also, I will try to be there Wednesday at the smashfest. Where/what time exactly is it?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It's spelled "Donatos".

The more, the merrier. Remember that there's more than just Brawl there. It just depends on who shows up and what we bring.

I've seen Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, & Persona 4 Arena, here, and those are just the Top 3.

I've also sometimes seen Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV AE, King of Fighters XIII, and import games like Melty Blood & Aquapazza. There are smaller chances that Soul Calibur V & Dead or Alive 5 will make appearances, too.

Everything above layered with potential Melee, Brawl, and even Project M interest.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Ah ok I thought NEOH was a specific player not a thread, my bad. Also, I will try to be there Wednesday at the smashfest. Where/what time exactly is it?
It usually starts at 6:00PM, but it picks up more later on from that time. One time I got there by then, and the basement door wasn't even open. So I had to wait in the main area.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Donatos: 2084 N. High St Columbus, OH

The information is now updated in the OP
^Yes follow that address for its exact location. If you can look it up on something like Google Maps.

In terms of approximate navigating:

It's on OSU campus, right next to a United Dairy Farmers, although there's two of them. So if it's not next to one of them, it's next to the other one further down the street.

Once you figure it out, it won't be easy to forget. Once you make it here, go through the entrance and then back around to the right to reach the basement, where everything takes place.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Smash @ Donatos this Wednesday. Usual time as always. Let's hope that employee wasn't a boner like last time.

Also, creamy delicious edit in the OP

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Do you think the issue we had last was already solved for today?

Apparently, for those who didn't know, someone named Travis had to be at this Donatos to host the fight night. He didn't show up last week so it had to be cancelled. No one knew about this, but its probably passed now.

I think Juushichi got in touch with Travis & some others on Facebook, though, so we may have been able to settle something different out and now we should be able to have our fight night this time.

SoulPech

Smash Master
SF at my apartment today! Around4-5. Sorry for dipping at the last one, Chonce and I were tired. PM me for address or directions!

Just Play Games

Smash Rookie
Just Play Games Arcade hosted a Smash Bros Melee tournament a month ago with Prince_Abu! Which had a great turn out! We have had a lot more gamers come in asking when the next tournament is. We looking for someone who would like to host monthlies here!! We have We have 6 crt TVs & 2 Acer monitors, along with LED and Plasma TVs. We have two N64s and two GameCubes. We have also updated the place hit up Facebook for pics @ http://www.facebook.com/jpggamers.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I might not be showing either because of Thanksgiving, too.

That and my older brother's in town today, because his birthday's tomorrow on Thanksgiving. I'll see what happens later.

Top Bottom