• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Hey, I'm sure a couple of you might remember me from Rain 2, but I'm a smasher currently in Grove City on vacation from Florida. I'm only gonna be here a couple more weeks and I'd like to get in as much as I can while I'm here. If someone could give me a super quick run down of anything and everything smash event related going on in Columbus in the next, say, three weeks, that would be awesome!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Wednesdays: Smashfests at Donatos (same place as RAIN 2)
3/2 - #Chisports Memorial tournament in Bloomington, IN.
3/9 - idk, some tournament in Michigan hosted by FishFlop
3/16 - Overswarms P:M House party in Oak Creek (?), KY.

SoulPech

Smash Master
bumping this thread. Just a reminder that smashfest @ donatos at 6pm. I am working on my normal shift, so i won't be there till 9-9:30p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
hmm, I am not sure if time will permit me to come or not since I have to work on this assignment. But I will try to come.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, I will think about it, but I am more planning toward dividing my workload so that I do almost all of my "finishing touch" with that assignment on Thursday while working on rest on Wednesday before 6pm so that I can come and play Smash. I need my daily dosage of Smash.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
A week-early heads up:

I will be completely able to attend Donatos this Wednesday.

It's just that my long streak of doing this will be broken the week after, because I am to attend a pizza party for the job agency I've worked for before next Wednesday.

It's mainly just to celebrate the part-time work me and others have done in Summer and Fall. It's only from 6:00 to 8:00, so I still have time to visit Donatos, but I probably won't.

At least I'll be able to get some answers and questions in on some more jobs I could start on, as, for a while, I've been trying to set that up with a different agency and not much has progressed with that, yet.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Alright, so whose coming today?

I might, because although I didn't expect more snowy weather for March, it doesn't seem as bad as it could've been as things are warming up fast.

I'll bring a Wii with a P:M setup once again, but this time I MIGHT eat somewhere else before I show up.

SoulPech

Smash Master
the snow is more than likely to melt by the time I get there, but I do plan to go. I am working my normal shift, so I probably won't get there till 9:30.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
GGs to everyone, that was fun and a good learning experience. Now, the challenge will be to spending some time to practice and actually work on stuffs that need to be worked on.
EDIT: Oh and Carls, the technique that you showed me today, that reverse thing. I just found out how to perform it (easier way). I have not tried it yet but I saw a vid about it on youtube vid .

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It looks just like the one I was trying to explain to you.

You do have to turn and jump, but then you have to use that split-second to up smash instead of jumping. It might be slightly easier to do if Tap Jump is turned off, then.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I don't even know half of those stuff and don't even want to bother learning them. I probably don't even need to use them either.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@Carls: Then I must have misheard you. I thought I heard you that you were doing it a little differently. Ah welll.
@Suyon: lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
Im gonna talk to Mike to see if there's a bus route near his house and maybe see if you can chill with him, then pick up both of you there.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
When is outrage! I'm down to join!

If I'm able to join I will enter the tourney!

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Looks like I'll be leaving town sooner than I thought. It's a shame I couldn't make any of these smashfests. I had a great time with the few of you I did get the chance to hang out with and I'll absolutely try to get some more time to spend up here someday.

Stay gold Columbus.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
crap I just checked this today, is there smashfest tomorrow? also is there a way to get email notifications about this sort of thing?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
well, you can subscribe to this thread like I did and it gives me email notification. It does its job well most of the time. That is why I can stalk all of you. Also I don't think Carls will be coming and I won't be there, but I am sure SP will be there(?)
EDIT: It is now called "watch thread" at the top.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
soulpech isn't coming, and I think I won't come either so that I can come next week. BTW for future reference, here is my number Suyon in case theres something happening in Canton/Akron/Cleveland. Also I could potentially host a smashfest at my house in a couple of weeks (two weeks to be precise) more info on that later.

my cell: 3305647893

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'm in Cleveland area now due to Spring Break, so I wouldn't be able to attend your smashfests during the school year. You should discuss this in the NEOH thread as well to see who would be up for it as well. When school is over I'm pretty sure there will be a smash hangout during the summer. Where those that used to play smash but don't anymore will still attend. I'll notify you next time though if something does happen in the NEOH area.

Top Bottom