• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Nice Smashfest last night! For once, the Smash activity seemed bigger than that of the traditional fighters.

I thought I was robbed of an SD Card & a copy of UMvC3 last night, but then I did a rain check at home to find out that I never brought them out of the house in the first place.

I derp'd.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yep, it was a nice one yesterday, probably I will come more often as this will be like my only opportunity to play SSBB at higher level than what I will face in my dorm or at home. Wish I had more opportunity to practice to become better.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Fox,

I wanted you to face some of our newer members, like Alfred and Mars just so you guys can play people around your level. If there is going to be more poeple like this, I'll bring an extra tv for more friendlies!

Reminder: Smashfest @ my house this weekend.

:phone:

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh so that Luigi guy was Mars? He's better than me I think and I guess I will learn my match-ups whenever the time permits since this was like the first time ever I faced a Luigi that did not spam fsmash (my roommate does that all the time) and did something real good.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
can't come this weekend =( will try to make it to wednesday but that is not guaranteed. I can bring a Wii if I do come though, would that be helpful?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Not enough interest? Like only 4 people total? Well, guess all I'm gonna do is just work on music selection for Project M. And can't properly loop.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Since it's gonna be at Donatos, it's very unlikely that it will be cancelled.

I'm planning to bring my Wii again, for starters. Right now I don't know if Pech or Juu are coming yet with theirs.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol UNO. Well, yeah I wondered if tomorrow is cancelled as well due to the inactivity here I suppose. Wednesdays are like the only days I can play Brawl during weekdays because roommates are playing something else almost all the time and when we do, all they do is complain like saying "Fox's UpSmash is so cheap" or something.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see, so are you guys still on that facebook group? Regardless, excited for tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to play well since it'd be a week since I played against real people (only CPUs during weekends because that'd be on my wii and no one lives close to me at my hometown or because I can't travel due to the lack of my personal car). Looking forward to the great time that I may have tomorrow! By the way does anyone main MK in Columbus area? If so they could show me their moves (few ATs perhaps?) so I could learn how to perform them?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
That's a shame... because I was hoping to improve my MK as well as Fox. Well, at least Fox player is in the area.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm still trying to learn my own things with :fox:, but I can still help you out if I have to.

I might pick up :peach: just to deal with :popo: easily. I have beaten ICs before with Fox, though, but these victories weren't really that impressive. They were either from friendlies or from a tourney match with a player that doesn't use them too well, yet. Apparently even :jigglypuff: can have a better time against them.

But right now, out of all of Fox's worst MUs, I can handle :pikachu2: > :sheik: > :popo:. I think I've beaten every single Pikachu that I had to face in a tourney and it's a bit easier for me to handle a non-ftilt spamming Sheik compared to a chain grabbing ICs.

But if that happens, I now know to just throw :kirby2: at Sheik, then.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, my sole reason for MK is to handle tougher ones like you mentioned. Sheik and Pikachu (reflecting thunder for example, still needs some work), I might be able to handle after I get some more experience but not so sure about those ICs when I watched that guy named 9B who is said to almost never drop a single grab. Hence the reason for me to pick MK as secondary (tried Snake, while he is fun to play as but he is sometimes too different than Fox and does not fit to my style of play). And yes, a help from someone who actually had some experiences in competition would be tremendously helpful even though I doubt about me ever going to a tourney given the situation.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! My name is Justin, I'm a sophomore at OSU, and I'm trying to find some competitive Melee/64 players to play. I've been playing these games for years but have never gotten the opportunity to play anyone competitive. If there are any get togethers going on around campus or in the Columbus area, I'd love to attend!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I can't say for sure, but I think there are people who play Melee extensively, and especially inside the OSU campus (or at least that's what I heard and supported by the fact that there was a flyer about Melee tournament in one of dorms at the beginning of the year). I go to OSU too but I only play Brawl since that was kind of my first smash game and I am in no way close to being a competent or competitive player. Also, if you play Melee, I think you won't have a lot of troubles adapting to P:M which is basically a mod that aims to bring Melee's essence to Brawl. Provided that the setup for P:M will be present this Wednesday.
EDIT: Jeez, it's so hard to post as this new software seems to be not working perfectly ("You must be logged in to do that" error)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yes, it takes forever, after few minutes of struggling to get back on this website because connection would reset and so on. Hopefully we will get our smilies back and website stable again.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Zelda_Fan,

thanks for your interest! This thread is mostly for Brawl and P:M Interest. When i get home from work, I'll be more than happy to link you the facebook social for Melee. Maybe I'll even update it in the OP.

Maybe....

who knows....

work is slow...bored af :/

Top Bottom