• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
I feel like we haven't really touched upon F-Zero in a while. However, to break away from the norm, what other racers besides Goroh and B. Shadow would you want to see? I'm a fan of Super Arrow and Beastman (who is a psychotic pocher, mind you.)
Blood Falcon could be a cool way to de-clone Ganondorf without losing the moveset. Would be fairly easy.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Here are the possible reveals that would coincide with GBA VC releases... (excluding Mario games)

April 3:
Andy
Ridley

April 10:
Meta Knight
Wario

April 17:
Captain Falcon
Isaac

April 24:
Yoshi

Assuming we'll get a newcomer...

April 3:
Andy
Ridley

April 17:
Isaac

I don't think we'll get a newcomer next week. Especially if we get a character tonight.

So that leaves Isaac. Think about it. April 17 is on a Thursday. Little Mac was revealed on a Thursday (early Friday for Japan) to aim his reveal towards the west. Isaac is mostly only wanted in the west too.

But this is Sakurai we're talking about here. He can't be predicted.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hmph so rude
.....posts consisting solely or comprised primarily of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc, including Smash Bros. memes or troll roster images, discussion about the state of the thread, general off-topic discussion, or any other content that conflicts with the Global Rules of posting are strictly prohibited and will result in penalization.
It's right there in the OP. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

If you want to image spam for some reason, take that to the social thread.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I feel like we haven't really touched upon F-Zero in a while. However, to break away from the norm, what other racers besides Goroh and B. Shadow would you want to see? I'm a fan of Super Arrow and Beastman (who is a psychotic pocher, mind you.)
Not really. I mean, as @ Smady Smady mentioned, there's Blood Falcon as potential clone material. There's also Deathborn, who could be a neat villain include. There's also Jody Summer, and the other two members of the original 4 racers(Pico and Dr. Stewart).

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
am i the only person on these boards who had never heard of takamaru until i started lurking around here?
....whats so special about him? looks like he was only released in a japanese-only game anyway (i know the mother and fire emblem characters got in... but i never payed attention to those franchises anyway)

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
am i the only person on these boards who had never heard of takamaru until i started lurking around here?
....whats so special about him? looks like he was only released in a japanese-only game anyway (i know the mother and fire emblem characters got in... but i never payed attention to those franchises anyway)
Mother is not exclusive to japan

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, his games was represented in Nintendo Land as a minigame. He was also in Captain Rainbow, and was playable/got his own sub-mode in Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii. Also, IIRC Sakurai said something to the extent that if Takamaru got a new game, he'd likely be put in Smash.

Plus there are just people who like samurai and think it would be cool to have one in Smash.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Mother is not exclusive to japan
Yes it is you're thinking of Earthbound Mother the orignal earthbound was suppose to come out to america but was later canceled due to the release of super nes therefore making the first of the mother series japnese exclusive

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The idea of Takamaru also gives me inspiration for several ideas.

Like for example, a character that uses the ability to air dash to gain extra mobility in the air, or the ability to cancel attacks to form combos or link them together. Maybe have more extensive dodges with turning invisible. Hell, maybe be just generally a character that heavily emphasizes mobility and speed, because those kind of characters I do enjoy using.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Like for example, a character that uses the ability to air dash to gain extra mobility in the air, or the ability to cancel attacks to form combos or link them together. Maybe have more extensive dodges with turning invisible. Hell, maybe be just generally a character that heavily emphasizes mobility and speed, because those kind of characters I do enjoy using.
I still say Kumatora would fit well in ssb

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman

excellent ideas

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Omg, Beastman would be a very beastly addition, 100% support.

I always love to race as him in GX, and I especially love his machine, Hyper Speeder. I could imagine him having an aggressive playstyle, and perhaps using [futuristic] hunting tools/contraptions as projectiles and to set up traps. Did you see his secret video in GX? Dude's jumping around like he thinks he's a ninja! *sigh* I'm hoping he'll at least appear s a sticker.

Hmm, there are other characters I wouldn't mind seeing, namely: Dr. Clash, Mighty Gazelle, and Phoenix, though they're not gonna happen. Same thing with this guy, though I think he would make a hilarious addition:
Mr. Zero!!

Behold the power of the official F-Zero announcer! Run around and interview the Smash fighters! Get their autographs too! Will you be able to out announce the Super Smash announcer?

Mr. Zero should become a racer in the next F-Zero game!... if we ever get one. :ohwell:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So...anybody expecting a character tomorrow?

I've been thinking it would be freaking awesome if they revealed Mewtwo as a veteran in a normal update tomorrow. The suspense is killing me.

*goes into corner awaiting further disappointment
I am expecting a character reveal tomorrow/today.

It's the last Friday of March, there has yet to be a character reveal, the Famitsu that was just released showcased every character that was revealed thus far, and its the end of the fiscal year in Japan. It would make sense to reveal a character now. Otherwise, March will go down in Smash 4 speculation history as the only month to not see a character reveal. That would make March all salty.

As for which veteran, I would put my money on Yoshi, Wario, possibly Meta Knight, or possibly Ness/Lucas.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright Sakurai, it's getting to be that time... Give us something nice for this long wait we've gone through. I won't ask for more than a simple character reveal. PLEASE!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh April, the most controversial month for character reveals because of the many possible options that might happen.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Well, no character reveal today and I think we should not set our hopes to high for Monday. But I have the feeling that the Direct which is likely in April will drop the bomb and will reveal two characters at once. I am hoping for Isaac and an Advance Wars Rep. If not now, they would be unlockable I guess, because there is no other month where they would make sense.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I'm a little surprised, but I haven't lost all hope yet. We still have one day left, so hopefully we'll get something then. If we don't, then maybe we have reason to believe that we'll see something big coming up soon?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So, with the lack of a Friday reveal...
Pretty sure now April's newcomer is definitely Palutena, Dixie or Takamaru.
With not all the characters on board, revealed for franchises to allow Ridley, an FE character and the like, he'd have to pull out something special next week.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just remember that Snake is still a third party, so it will have to be a direct. He's not going to really get revealed on a random basis.
Tuesday is feeling pretty Solid for a veteran reveal, particularly if they announce a direct on monday.
I'd think it would go for a newcomer, but Snake works just fine.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just remember that Snake is still a third party, so it will have to be a direct. He's not going to really get revealed on a random basis.
Hence the mention of a direct announcement on monday.
I'd think it would go for a newcomer, but Snake works just fine.
April 1st pic of the day will be Snake's box just blatantly sitting there before a "real" pic of the day after the direct. :troll:

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Just a fast opnion about a char: After playing MGSV Ground Zeros (SPOILERS) and hear the tapes about the **** scene and watching the vagina bomb... I don´t want nothing more related to MGS. Gonna kepping playing MGS 1- 3 (4 is crap) and 5 killed my hype for Solid Snake to be in the game.

I mean mgs always had bad and silly writting, was fun because gameplay and boss battles. But now I have to endure bad, silly and disgusting writting only to be "dark" and "mature"? Videogames need to push what they have in difference: interactivity. Never they gonna win against books or movies. As criticism showed on MGS2 and 4, nobody have patience to play a book like was a game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So we're back to reveal speculating? Hm....

Here's a question for you guys: I'm not sure I've seen this come up in a long time, but what does everyone here think of the possibility of a second Megaman character? Not just how likely it is to happen, but who it might be. Even though I'm pretty sure I know who everyone will pick.

Alternatively, who do you think will be the Megaman AT?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So we're back to reveal speculating? Hm....

Here's a question for you guys: I'm not sure I've seen this come up in a long time, but what does everyone here think of the possibility of a second Megaman character? Not just how likely it is to happen, but who it might be. Even though I'm pretty sure I know who everyone will pick.

Alternatively, who do you think will be the Megaman AT?
It will probably be Protoman. :p
This most likely but I'd like Zero or a stampede of Servbots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom