• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If anything, FE getting 4 reps is great news for the Starfox franchise. I wouldn't worry.
Hopefully thats not a way of saying here is 4 fire emblem reps so only have 2 star fox reps there goes wolf and krystal. Wolf best be back he is an easy fan favorite.

mark welford

Smash Ace
why would he not be back? after all he is a major character in the starfox series there is nothing mentioned about him being cut from the official devs I don't see the whole hoopla about krystal she only appeared in 2 games while wolf has appeared in every game except 1

now if we see a wolfen we will know he's back

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
4 fire emblem reps

And lucina is a clone which proves clones are back again.

I say wolf and falco are going to be confirmed with fox when the giga leak just like brawls arivives

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, I reckon they should bring out Wolf's animalistic side by opening him up a bit more as a character in order to loosen up the "stiffness" that seemed to be present with his fightstyle. E.g. They could have him dash on all fours.
I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

Last edited:

Walgen

Smash Rookie
Seeing as how Star Fox 64's remake came out before this game, I wonder if Wolf has been redesigned to be more like how he is in that game.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, I reckon they should bring out Wolf's animalistic side by opening him up a bit more as a character in order to loosen up the "stiffness" that seemed to be present with his fightstyle. E.g. They could have him dash on all fours.
I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

This is an awesome idea and it will stop people winging saying he is a clone yet he isnt. And wolf has always been better than fox and falco and more unique

Me too, I hope they improve him a lot, I enjoyed playing as him but I think he needs much improvement.
He was already a decent character and i agree change him more so he is less like fox and falco and GIVE HIM HIS OWN FINAL SMASH XD!

Last edited by a moderator:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I hope so. While I admit the Texanlike accent grew on me, I miss the voice and design from Starfox 64.

Though they'd likely keep the Texan voice anyways. I could deal. lol
if they do go back to the old voice one of his taunts have to say can't let you do that

Walgen

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I'm curious how Star Fox has been handled.

As I already pointed out, Star Fox 64's remake came out before this game. Going from how Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc., have been represented, I'm expecting a large chunk of Star Fox's SSB4 content to be from SF 64's remake. You can bring up Fox's SSB4 design, but his SSB4 design has more in common with his design in SF 64's remake than Wolf's Brawl design does with his design in SF 64's remake. You can also bring up how Zelda has been handled, but I'm sure that's tied to how Sheik and Ganon aren't in Skyward Sword.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Wolf was my fav in brawl. I love the whole rebel badass vibe he had. We need more characters who have a bad attitude. Seems like most of the ssb4 fighters are all "heroes"... BLAH!! Wolf had personality n ssb4 is focusing on that so hopefully, hopefully he's returning. I'm not saying no about krystal but I prefer wolf.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I found the time to sit down and play Brawl again and chose Wolf. Now I remember why he was so fun and why he needs to make a comeback.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I hate it when I talk to my friends and they say Wolf is a clone of Fox. I mean he has some similarities in moves, but he actually feels and plays differently and has some different moves. I just hope if he returns that they change his final smash to Wolf calling in the Star Wolf team.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
People that call Wolf a clone have obviously not played him. Having a similar blaster and final smash moves does not make him a clone when everything else is different.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
People that call Wolf a clone have obviously not played him. Having a similar blaster and final smash moves does not make him a clone when everything else is different.
Exactly. Whenever I tell my friends "Hey you guys should play as Wolf." One of them says: "No way dude he is such a clone." I try to explain, but he just doesn't listen :ohwell:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Exactly. Whenever I tell my friends "Hey you guys should play as Wolf." One of them says: "No way dude he is such a clone." I try to explain, but he just doesn't listen :ohwell:
i know how you feel i like falco but some times i just want them to cut falco out of spite so people will know who is a clone and who's not

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that Fox, Falco, Wolf is the perfect trio... while starfox isn't as relevant as other times, starfox 64 3d and new starfox announced should count to something.

while i really prefer smash wolf over armada wolf regarding design.. i would love an alt with a more clasic eyepatch and a trenchcoat more close to 64 style.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I think that Fox, Falco, Wolf is the perfect trio... while starfox isn't as relevant as other times, starfox 64 3d and new starfox announced should count to something.

while i really prefer smash wolf over armada wolf regarding design.. i would love an alt with a more clasic eyepatch and a trenchcoat more close to 64 style.
The alternate costume idea actually sounds really cool. I would use that all the time.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The alternate costume idea actually sounds really cool. I would use that all the time.
Yaaay finally found the fan art i was searching to speak the truth this is how I always imagined 64 Wolf

regarding his voice.. I would miss the brittish like accent.. but they can keep him texan as long as he can keep erectin a dispenser (if you know what i mean? :p)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I hope we get Wolf over Falco, I think The Bad Guy from the series is more important than whatever Falco is supposed to be, you know, chico, we need The Bad Guy that is Wolf, he chews on a toothpick, he kicks Falco's face in the sand, yo chico, do you know who you are messin with, that's right, chico, its the big bad Wolf, The Bad Guy of Starfox, more important than some dumb bird that's a clone of Fox.

Another thing Krystal is nasty, ew, we already got what need in female characters as far I'm concerned, just keep The Bad Guy, he should of replaced Falco in Brawl.

Btw we only need two Starfox characters.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Yaaay finally found the fan art i was searching to speak the truth this is how I always imagined 64 Wolf

regarding his voice.. I would miss the brittish like accent.. but they can keep him texan as long as he can keep erectin a dispenser (if you know what i mean? :p)
That looks awesome! They will more than likely use his Star Fox 64 3D voice actor because Fox in the next game is voiced by his Star Fox 64 3D voice actor.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get Wolf over Falco, I think The Bad Guy from the series is more important than whatever Falco is supposed to be, you know, chico, we need The Bad Guy that is Wolf, he chews on a toothpick, he kicks Falco's face in the sand, yo chico, do you know who you are messin with, that's right, chico, its the big bad Wolf, The Bad Guy of Starfox, more important than some dumb bird that's a clone of Fox.

Another thing Krystal is nasty, ew, we already got what need in female characters as far I'm concerned, just keep The Bad Guy, he should of replaced Falco in Brawl.

Btw we only need two Starfox characters.
Ive never understood why people want Krystal so bad. She had a minor role in only two games, one of them she spent the entire game imprisoned. At the very least I hope the three SF reps are kept.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I really like wolf in brawl but I think his specials need work. His final smash should be him, leon and panther getting in their wolfens and blowing the **** out of the stage and He should use the weapons from assault in his specials
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox:_Assault#Weapons_and_Items
Just go to the weapons section and pick any 4, I say homing/missle launcher, Fire burst pod and booster pack. I'm not sure what they could do for down special so I guess he could keep his reflector.
Also that running on all fours thing needs to happen

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I really like wolf in brawl but I think his specials need work. His final smash should be him, leon and panther getting in their wolfens and blowing the **** out of the stage and He should use the weapons from assault in his specials
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox:_Assault#Weapons_and_Items
Just go to the weapons section and pick any 4, I say homing/missle launcher, Fire burst pod and booster pack. I'm not sure what they could do for down special so I guess he could keep his reflector.
Also that running on all fours thing needs to happen
That actually sounds like a pretty cool moveset. I love the idea of that final smash.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm not against keeping all three Starfox characters if they could, but still I think three DK characters and three Metroid characters need to even things out.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not against keeping all three Starfox characters if they could, but still I think three DK characters and three Metroid characters need to even things out.
DK should definitely get 3, possibly more since FE is getting 4 but with metroid there aren't any big reoccuring characters, they've managed to pass zero suit of as a second rep but after that there is no-one else except ridley and as it stands right now I don't think sakurai wants him playable

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
DK should definitely get 3, possibly more since FE is getting 4 but with metroid there aren't any big reoccuring characters, they've managed to pass zero suit of as a second rep but after that there is no-one else except ridley and as it stands right now I don't think sakurai wants him playable
Donkey Kong definitely deserves to have 3 representatives. I agree with you on Metroid. I really don't know who else could represent.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Great Fox confirmed as stage. Some attention for Starfox for once. And, seeing how a new game is coming out that is likely to be announced soon, and Starfox is the only series that deserves more than one rep and yet hasn't gotten one so far out of the ones revealed, it seems safe to assume that, on the formal day of the game's announcement, we may see Falco, Wolf, or even both. I'm stoked. Here's hoping its Wolf, because this is the WOLF support thread/discussion, not the FALCO one. Ahem.

And when it comes to cutting Wolf, Wolf can't let Sakurai do that.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Great Fox confirmed as stage. Some attention for Starfox for once. And, seeing how a new game is coming out that is likely to be announced soon, and Starfox is the only series that deserves more than one rep and yet hasn't gotten one so far out of the ones revealed, it seems safe to assume that, on the formal day of the game's announcement, we may see Falco, Wolf, or even both. I'm stoked. Here's hoping its Wolf, because this is the WOLF support thread/discussion, not the FALCO one. Ahem.

And when it comes to cutting Wolf, Wolf can't let Sakurai do that.
Since the game is close to coming out in Japan. Sakurai will most likely reveal more veterans. You never know, maybe they will reveal Falco or Wolf! :bee:

Top Bottom