• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I prefer Wolf now. It's not because he's one of my mains, but Falco is a two times secret veteran. I think he'll remain secret, only announced post launch. While I think Wolf deserves to one of the unlockables revealed pre launch.

I may be wrong anyway.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
why would he not be back? after all he is a major character in the starfox series there is nothing mentioned about him being cut from the official devs I don't see the whole hoopla about krystal she only appeared in 2 games while wolf has appeared in every game except 1

now if we see a wolfen we will know he's back
Cough* 3 games Cough* Sorry there man had to correct that.

europeanguy

Smash Rookie
personaly i want wolf to come back even if they dont change him at all i have spent hours beating my friends (haha friends like i have more then one) with him he is perfect the way he is.... but adding some changes to his moves to stop people thinking he is a clone when he is just so much more wouldnt hurt

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
personaly i want wolf to come back even if they dont change him at all i have spent hours beating my friends (haha friends like i have more then one) with him he is perfect the way he is.... but adding some changes to his moves to stop people thinking he is a clone when he is just so much more wouldnt hurt
All he needs is new specials and a final smash, then he's completely different

Last edited:

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I know how you feel. Beating your friends with Wolf :b: He just has that feel that makes him so fun to play as. He does need a new final smash though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I may have soem evidence or at least conjecture of Wolf's return. You know Wolf's Assault voice actor Grant Goodeve also goes the voice of the Engineer in Team Fortress? Well in a TF2 short a little while ago he was unavailable so Nolan North filled in. Why was that? For all I know he could've just stubbed his toe but it's something to think about.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I may have soem evidence or at least conjecture of Wolf's return. You know Wolf's Assault voice actor Grant Goodeve also goes the voice of the Engineer in Team Fortress? Well in a TF2 short a little while ago he was unavailable so Nolan North filled in. Why was that? For all I know he could've just stubbed his toe but it's something to think about.
He only has like ten lines to say but any amount of voice acting could last a day. There's a reasonable possibility you're right.
It sure is suspicious.
Or he just had a migraine and didn't show up for work that day....
Who knows?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
He only has like ten lines to say but any amount of voice acting could last a day. There's a reasonable possibility you're right.
It sure is suspicious.
Or he just had a migraine and didn't show up for work that day....
Who knows?
Don't forget The secret transmissions. That's gotta add a bunch of dialogue.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Don't forget The secret transmissions. That's gotta add a bunch of dialogue.
Plus that.
Voice acting is a lot harder than we give it credit for. I believe an episode for an anime takes about a days worth of work. So Wolf could take the VA away from TF long enough for them have to have a shoe-in.
Or he had a cold.
What a mystery.
If Grant Goodeve was working on Wolf than he couldn't say so that makes it even more ambiguous.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Wouldn't they use Wolf's Starfox 64 or Starfox 64 3D's voice actor instead of Assault? It seems the most likely to me since Fox apparently has the same voice from 64.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
i hope Wolf doesn't get a crappy new down-b like what happened with Brawl!Falco
Falco's Down B in Brawl is actually good though.

All he needs is new specials and a final smash, then he's completely different
Wolf is completely different already, so he needs no other special moves. A final smash perhaps, but it would be fine either way.

mark welford

Smash Ace
this could be the very hint we wolf fans have been looking for but don't get your hopes up too high at the same time be optimistic about his chances after that slip up

europeanguy

Smash Rookie
this could be the very hint we wolf fans have been looking for but don't get your hopes up too high at the same time be optimistic about his chances after that slip up
if indeed this is a slip up of almost revealing wolf then he must be returning because they cannot just remove him now so far in the development plus why would they even do that in the first place?

Walgen

Smash Rookie
How could anybody think that Wolf isn't part of this game's roster?

He's no more of a clone than Lucina is. He's part of a group of boss fights in Star Fox 64 that have been quoted or otherwise referred to for years.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's side special is one of my favorite side specials in SSB. Perhaps that and Ganondorf's side special are my two most favorite. Did everyone enjoy Wolf's dash animation from SSBB? Imagine the special move variations Wolf would get!

mark welford

Smash Ace
Wolf's side special is one of my favorite side specials in SSB. Perhaps that and Ganondorf's side special are my two most favorite. Did everyone enjoy Wolf's dash animation from SSBB? Imagine the special move variations Wolf would get!
I drool over that

Morbi

Scavenger
looky looky

Oops JC just accidently hinted Falco or Wolf (this was yesterday by the way)
Or perhaps he confirmed hit-stun on Fox's blaster as that was what they were talking about? :wolf:

Indeed. It is one of my favorites as well, second only to Flame Choke. I am more interested in Wolf's custom move-set as Fox and Falco are probably going to share similar move pools whereas Wolf, more likely than not, is going to have different specials (as per usual).

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I hope at least one of Wolf's specials become more different from Fox's, or perhaps become something entirely different.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Allow me to tell you the story of my journey with Wolf O' Donnell in Smash Bros.

Its 2007. The Brawl hype is soaring. I regularly visit Smashboards and read the forums, although I'm not a member. I read, analyze and speculate potential newcomers like everyone else. Among those I support are the usual, like Ridley and Paper Mario. I also find myself supporting Krystal. She makes sense to me, everyone else's support seems to rub off on me, and I like the notion of a staff-wielding female Starfox rep. I don't even consider Wolf. I barely remember he exists, blinded by my Krystal support. The way I see it, any other Starfox rep will just be another Falco situation. I mained Falco in Melee, and was so caught up in Krystal and the notion that all clones would be cut, that I counted him out as well. I was convinced, 100%, that we'd see Fox and Krystal only.

Come 2008. Brawl is unleashed in Japan, and, to my dismay, I see that first, iconic final image of the finished roster. On that page lies Falco, and underneath him, a box labeled "new" (as the player had likely just acquired him, seen the "you have every fighter!" message, and immediately taken a screenshot for the internet) over top of Wolf. I observe the Dojo, and am naive when I read Falco and Wolf's pages and discover that they are clones of Fox again. "So much wasted potential" I thought. Instead of a new, original fighter, we get TWO additional Fox's. Great. I'm disappointed a bit, needless to say. R.O.B. only amplified that.

I purchase the game, and unlock all characters. To my surprise, I take a liking to R.O.B. and come to accept him as a deserving star of the cast. The final unlock, as usual, is Wolf. I am indifferent. After getting him though, I take him for a spin just to try him out.

I'm blown away. Not only was he far more distinct than I expected, but he has some of the best looking attacks I'd ever seen. That Up Smash. That Side Smash. That Dair Meteor! WOLF FLASH APEX! I was a believer. In time, I fell in love with the character. His voice acting, his taunt (now my signature), his aggressive, feral stance, and the way he combo'ed. The way his moves felt, how satisfying they were to use. He was perfect.

Ever since, Wolf is my smash bros. mainstay. He has the fighting style I'd always wanted in Smash, and is the one I'll always use, provided he's not taken away. From complete neglect and indifference to complete dedication. That is my Wolf story. May Krystal R.I.P.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Allow me to tell you the story of my journey with Wolf O' Donnell in Smash Bros.

Its 2007. The Brawl hype is soaring. I regularly visit Smashboards and read the forums, although I'm not a member. I read, analyze and speculate potential newcomers like everyone else. Among those I support are the usual, like Ridley and Paper Mario. I also find myself supporting Krystal. She makes sense to me, everyone else's support seems to rub off on me, and I like the notion of a staff-wielding female Starfox rep. I don't even consider Wolf. I barely remember he exists, blinded by my Krystal support. The way I see it, any other Starfox rep will just be another Falco situation. I mained Falco in Melee, and was so caught up in Krystal and the notion that all clones would be cut, that I counted him out as well. I was convinced, 100%, that we'd see Fox and Krystal only.

Come 2008. Brawl is unleashed in Japan, and, to my dismay, I see that first, iconic final image of the finished roster. On that page lies Falco, and underneath him, a box labeled "new" (as the player had likely just acquired him, seen the "you have every fighter!" message, and immediately taken a screenshot for the internet) over top of Wolf. I observe the Dojo, and am naive when I read Falco and Wolf's pages and discover that they are clones of Fox again. "So much wasted potential" I thought. Instead of a new, original fighter, we get TWO additional Fox's. Great. I'm disappointed a bit, needless to say. R.O.B. only amplified that.

I purchase the game, and unlock all characters. To my surprise, I take a liking to R.O.B. and come to accept him as a deserving star of the cast. The final unlock, as usual, is Wolf. I am indifferent. After getting him though, I take him for a spin just to try him out.

I'm blown away. Not only was he far more distinct than I expected, but he has some of the best looking attacks I'd ever seen. That Up Smash. That Side Smash. That Dair Meteor! WOLF FLASH APEX! I was a believer. In time, I fell in love with the character. His voice acting, his taunt (now my signature), his aggressive, feral stance, and the way he combo'ed. The way his moves felt, how satisfying they were to use. He was perfect.

Ever since, Wolf is my smash bros. mainstay. He is the fighter I'd always wanted in Smash, and the one I'll always use, provided he's not taken away. From complete neglect and indifference to complete dedication. That is my Wolf story. May Krystal R.I.P.
I am with you on this I have played every character except him and I said I was bored and I decided to play as him one day this story happened recently and I enjoyed every bit of him and that is why I want him

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

Ever since, Wolf is my smash bros. mainstay. He has the fighting style I'd always wanted in Smash, and is the one I'll always use, provided he's not taken away. From complete neglect and indifference to complete dedication. That is my Wolf story. May Krystal R.I.P.
Your story inspires me, though I supported Wolf from the outset, and was ECSTATIC when he was leaked!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Personally think Starfox is deserving of four reps. I wouldn't give up on Krystal just because Wolf is far superior. =p

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Personally think Starfox is deserving of four reps. I wouldn't give up on Krystal just because Wolf is far superior. =p
Well the idea conveyed is that I'm no longer a Krystal supporter, because I got Wolf, who interests me far more now and is who I enjoy playing as. It was an about-face from "GO KRYSTAL! ...wait, Wolf?" to "AWWWW YEAH WOLF! Who needs Krystal?!"

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Assuming Wolf does return, does anyone think Wolf Flash will no longer make Wolf helpless in the same way Fox Illusion no longer does with Fox? If that does happen, think about all of the possibilities it would open up. Wolf Flash could be used away from the stage as a spike. If landed onstage so that it spikes, the new mechanics would cause the opponent to bounce back up, allowing the move to act as a combo starter into Nair or shine. It would probably be risky but super-rewarding to pull off.

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Assuming Wolf does return, does anyone think Wolf Flash will no longer make Wolf helpless in the same way Fox Illusion no longer does with Fox? If that does happen, think about all of the possibilities it would open up. Wolf Flash could be used away from the stage as a spike. If landed onstage so that it spikes, the new mechanics would cause the opponent to bounce back up, allowing the move to act as a combo starter into Nair or shine. It would probably be risky but super-rewarding to pull off.
I literally tingled with excitement. :D *dances* ^^

mark welford

Smash Ace
you have excited me! imagine comboing possibilities

Top Bottom