• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wolf hardly needs any changes.
I love how he plays in Brawl.

All of his specials are different enough to separate himself from the other space furries.
And his smashes, aerials, etc. don't even slightly resemble the other two.

So keep my Wolf the same, thank you.
Buffs would be alright though. :)
Side B without vulnerable state will work wonders for Wolf.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Wolf hardly needs any changes.
I love how he plays in Brawl.

All of his specials are different enough to separate himself from the other space furries.
And his smashes, aerials, etc. don't even slightly resemble the other two.

So keep my Wolf the same, thank you.
Buffs would be alright though. :)
Side B without vulnerable state will work wonders for Wolf.
i know he play different enough but some times a little more never hurts and if falco does get cut for krystal and she use her staff is would be representing adventures and then wolf could represent assault and fox can represent smash and 64 with his blaster

Louie G.

Smash Hero
i know he play different enough but some times a little more never hurts and if falco does get cut for krystal and she use her staff is would be representing adventures and then wolf could represent assault and fox can represent smash and 64 with his blaster
Falco is not getting cut for Krystal.

Nobody is getting cut for Krystal.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe either Wolf or Falco will get cut. In regards to Wolf coming back though, I hope his shoulder pads look less clunky and he looks less like a hardcore rock star and more like a space mercenary.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't believe either Wolf or Falco will get cut. In regards to Wolf coming back though, I hope his shoulder pads look less clunky and he looks less like a hardcore rock star and more like a space mercenary.
Well his appearance in brawl was just a slightly modified version of his assault design so I think he'll just look the same

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm really getting sick of other people calling Wolf a clone. I am also sure Krystal will not replace a Star Fox character. She's not as iconic.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Oh my gosh, I need Wolf to come back! :joyful:Although I feel like if they do bring him back they might not bring Falco back... or vise/versa... :urg: I hope I'm wrong, I want them both back! :)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My friend's cousin said that Wolf is a stupid character in Brawl and he hopes he isn't in Smash 4. So I threw him a gamecube controller and told him to pick his best character.

Guess who won?

On an off note, idk why, but yesterdays PotD concerns me slightly. Just slightly. Because it specifies that the Mii Gunner has possibly the longest range side smash in the game (only possibly, yes). Now, it definitely looks longer, but guess who used to have that honor?

:wolf:

I'm hoping this doesn't, by some stretch, implicate a cut, or a nerf to his Side-Smash. Then again, I can't tell just how far the two smashes go without a side by side comparison. Maybe its longer anyway.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
My friend's cousin said that Wolf is a stupid character in Brawl and he hopes he isn't in Smash 4. So I threw him a gamecube controller and told him to pick his best character.

Guess who won?

On an off note, idk why, but yesterdays PotD concerns me slightly. Just slightly. Because it specifies that the Mii Gunner has possibly the longest range side smash in the game (only possibly, yes). Now, it definitely looks longer, but guess who used to have that honor?

I'm hoping this doesn't, by some stretch, implicate a cut, or a nerf to his Side-Smash. Then again, I can't tell just how far the two smashes go without a side by side comparison. Maybe its longer anyway.
no if anything it would mean a nerf as you said or a new move and you can get his old moves with a custom moveset

Last edited:

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
I think Wolf will probably get cut if it comes down to it, along with Lucas. :(

I don't main Wolf but I find him much more fun to play as than Fox and Falco. IMO he needs his specials tweaked & a different FS but like everyone else said, he's pretty unique otherwise.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Guess who won?

Actually, before Mii the one with the longest range side smash was Megaman. They are both projectiles so it's just natural.
I wouldn't relate that statement with Wolf at all.

As for the people who keep insisting on this, Wolf needs no changes, his moveset is different enough and while I can't be sure for him Falco ain't going anywhere. So stop saying "if" Falco gets cut, it's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Actually, before Mii the one with the longest range side smash was Megaman. They are both projectiles so it's just natural.
I wouldn't relate that statement with Wolf at all.

As for the people who keep insisting on this, Wolf needs no changes, his moveset is different enough and while I can't be sure for him Falco ain't going anywhere. So stop saying "if" Falco gets cut, it's not gonna happen.
Who knows though? We may not see Falco this time around. He was kinda just filler in Melee thrown in to make the roster bigger, and his return to Brawl had a lot to do with the fact he was a popular competitive choice. He may not have much working in his favor this time around. Especially because Wolf was ALWAYS considered first (his physical similarities to Fox made making him a clone in Melee too tricky since they'd look too similar. Bird heads are more distinct. That's the only major reason Falco got the nod first).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Who knows though? We may not see Falco this time around. He was kinda just filler in Melee thrown in to make the roster bigger, and his return to Brawl had a lot to do with the fact he was a popular competitive choice. He may not have much working in his favor this time around. Especially because Wolf was ALWAYS considered first (his physical similarities to Fox made making him a clone in Melee too tricky since they'd look too similar. Bird heads are more distinct. That's the only major reason Falco got the nod first).
See, he is a two-times veteran. What makes you think he may not be around this just because he was in Melee and Brawl? Seems unfounded. The guy is a given, we'll see him back.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
See, he is a two-times veteran. What makes you think he may not be around this just because he was in Melee and Brawl? Seems unfounded. The guy is a given, we'll see him back.
What makes you think two-time veteran status assures a return? Just because its been the case up until now doesn't mean its an unbreakable trend. Nobody knows for sure if characters like Falco will be back. He's not a main character, a sole series rep, an entirely unique fighter or even a classic Nintendo icon. He's just a somewhat popular sidekick character. The fate of characters like that is much more uncertain than the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Kirby etc.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What makes you think two-time veteran status assures a return? Just because its been the case up until now doesn't mean its an unbreakable trend. Nobody knows for sure if characters like Falco will be back. He's not a main character, a sole series rep, an entirely unique fighter or even a classic Nintendo icon. He's just a somewhat popular sidekick character. The fate of characters like that is much more uncertain than the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Kirby etc.
What makes you think two-time veteran status does not assures a return? Despite not being a classic Nintendo icon, he is a legacy character in Smash similar to Sheik, Captain Falcon and Ness; Sheik not even being very relevant in her own franchise and the other two not even starring in a game for quite a while. And remember Sakurai's statement that he understands that each character has their own fans; and at this point cutting Falco who has been in the Smash series for more than 10 years would do more harm than good. I'm sure he'll be back, just as the Sun will rise tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
At times I wonder if this is really a Wolf thread or a 2nd Falco thread.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
At times I wonder if this is really a Wolf thread or a 2nd Falco thread.
well falco doesn't really have a whole lot going for him

Nooooo.... Fox is so important to that series and that series is so important to Nintendo, they can't do thaaaat lol
important to nintendo they would have forgot about him if the fans when yelling

it was also a joke but it would save a whole lot of who should go falco or wolf

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
At least we're not the Ridley thread.
You're right. That would imply this place gets a fairly decent amount of activity and actual discussion on the character in question, which Wolf hardly gets, even by unconfirmed veteran thread standards.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
You're right. That would imply this place gets a fairly decent amount of activity and actual discussion on the character in question, which Wolf hardly gets, even by unconfirmed veteran thread standards.
Lol. Go post some more RosalinaXRidley or whatever those sweatshirt abominations are supposed to be.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Typical ad hominem comeback. Making any of that slash/shipping art isn't really my specialty though, and sweatshirt, what?

I would like more actual Wolf discussion here though, in all seriousness. Or are you against your Brawl main returning? I forget.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Not much to talk about until he's revealed. He's not changing, that's for sure. Ike's still Ike, Marth's still Marth.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Prolly right. Okay then, what about that new mode with playing as Wolf or whatever that I heard about in the new Star Fox Wii U? Just to be sure, was that actually confirmed? Hoping it's true.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Prolly right. Okay then, what about that new mode with playing as Wolf or whatever that I heard about in the new Star Fox Wii U? Just to be sure, was that actually confirmed? Hoping it's true.
I also heard that news but Im trying to remember the source. Just looking at things logically, it seems that Wolf has a greater chance of returning than not. I mean why include him in an upcoming game and not in SSB4? Every game needs its badass mofo character :p

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
You didn't play as Wolf, it was a dogfight against him.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I also heard that news but Im trying to remember the source. Just looking at things logically, it seems that Wolf has a greater chance of returning than not. I mean why include him in an upcoming game and not in SSB4? Every game needs its badass mofo character :p
Yep yep. :)

You didn't play as Wolf, it was a dogfight against him.
Oh, I see. It was part of a new game mode though, yeah? (Unless I was misinformed) Why would that be its own mode I wonder? Since you normally have dogfights with him in the story of the previous games anyway.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
Don't over think it. The game shown at E3 was only a gameplay proof of concept, and the modes were segregated to allow attendees an easier way to access them. It's not indicative of the final game.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
well falco doesn't really have a whole lot going for him

important to nintendo they would have forgot about him if the fans when yelling

it was also a joke but it would save a whole lot of who should go falco or wolf
I wasn't getting mad xD I was just saying, he's also one of the original twelve, they've said on multiple occasions they'll be in every game... so yeah. LoL

Top Bottom