• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
So I'm not sure if anyone has seen the RosalinaX leak, If you haven't, It basically says 4 will be cut from Brawl. While there is currently no evidence to support it (Unlike Gematsu) Let's just say that it's true. Now. Let us combine that with the Gematsu leak. The Gematsu leak's newest stating is that Either Lucas or Ness will be cut.
(there's also something about DLC but I'm relatively sure that is unconfirmed in the original leak)
So if 4 will be cut, We have Snake almost guaranteed to not return, Pokemon Trainer, as Sakurai stated No more character transformations, then gave Charizard the individial spot. (That I celebrated). Lucas or Ness (admit it, Probably Lucas) will be cut. And For the last slot I believe it's ROB. ROB makes singular appearances in several Series and does not return.
Boom. There is your 4 cuts, Wolf stays, and if by some chance I AM wrong, there's always DLC.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
So I'm not sure if anyone has seen the RosalinaX leak, If you haven't, It basically says 4 will be cut from Brawl. While there is currently no evidence to support it (Unlike Gematsu) Let's just say that it's true. Now. Let us combine that with the Gematsu leak. The Gematsu leak's newest stating is that Either Lucas or Ness will be cut.
(there's also something about DLC but I'm relatively sure that is unconfirmed in the original leak)
So if 4 will be cut, We have Snake almost guaranteed to not return, Pokemon Trainer, as Sakurai stated No more character transformations, then gave Charizard the individial spot. (That I celebrated). Lucas or Ness (admit it, Probably Lucas) will be cut. And For the last slot I believe it's ROB. ROB makes singular appearances in several Series and does not return.
Boom. There is your 4 cuts, Wolf stays, and if by some chance I AM wrong, there's always DLC.
Isn't Lucas the last one out of 4 cuts?

1. Squirtle
2. Ivysaur
3. Snake
4. Lucas

Well if you count Squirtle and Ivysaur as one then I guess Falco better get cut instead of R.O.B. because it is unique and there are customizable movesets that Falco can end up losing all specials to Fox. Fox will require 9 more customizable specials so it will be difficult for the staff team to find new specials without sacrificing Falco and this can save them 9 additional specials thanks to Falco being axed.

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot

1. Squirtle
2. Ivysaur
3. Snake
4. Lucas

Well if you count Squirtle and Ivysaur as one then I guess Falco better get cut instead of R.O.B. because it is unique and there are customizable movesets that Falco can end up losing all specials to Fox.
I mean I was just going to count PT as one. If we're counting the other 2 pokemon from the set that's even better

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

1. Squirtle
2. Ivysaur
3. Snake
4. Lucas

Well if you count Squirtle and Ivysaur as one then I guess Falco better get cut instead of R.O.B. because it is unique and there are customizable movesets that Falco can end up losing all specials to Fox. Fox will require 9 more customizable specials so it will be difficult for the staff team to find new specials without sacrificing Falco and this can save them 9 additional specials thanks to Falco being axed.
But Falco has unique A moves
You can't customize A moves
You can't really use that argument anyway because Tink still appears to have cloned specials.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Huh, RosalinaX actually lines up with the theory I've developed regarding the 47 + Random roster. The 3DS screen is 400x240. Each cell, if the CSS were resized to fit, would be 50x40 each, a reasonable amount. Eight columns, six rows. A nice 4:3 aspect ratio. This also lines up with the requirements for Gematsu to come true.

Current characters known: 33.
Characters remaining to be revealed from Gematsu Leak: 3
Current veterans MIA: 15

So, let's see. In total, we're looking at 48 total characters currently known to be possible. Add the three remaining from Gematsu(Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), that brings us to 51. Ivysaur and Squirtle are pretty much confirmed gone though, so that's two of the four rumored cuts. The next cut is Snake, due to the mounting evidence that Kojima wasn't contacted for Snake. So that's three. Gematsu was kind enough to spell out the fourth: Lucas. Subtract four from the 15 MIA vets, and you have 11 remaining vets at play.

33 + 3 + 11 = 47. Add the random box, and it all fits very nicely together. Good news for this thread is that Wolf is among those 11 that return. At least if Lucas is the one that goes. Regardless of who goes, the math adds up to indicate that this is a 47-character roster.

(Now, whether they change the Final Smash is another thing. Zelda and Sheik both have Light Arrow, again, and Fox does have Landmaster...)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Huh, RosalinaX actually lines up with the theory I've developed regarding the 47 + Random roster. The 3DS screen is 400x240. Each cell, if the CSS were resized to fit, would be 50x40 each, a reasonable amount. Eight columns, six rows. A nice 4:3 aspect ratio. This also lines up with the requirements for Gematsu to come true.

So, let's see. In total, we're looking at 48 total characters currently known to be possible. Add the three remaining from Gematsu(Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men), that brings us to 51. Ivysaur and Squirtle are pretty much confirmed gone though, so that's two of the four rumored cuts. The next cut is Snake, due to the mounting evidence that Kojima wasn't contacted for Snake. So that's three. Gematsu was kind enough to spell out the fourth: Lucas. Subtract four from the 15 MIA vets, and you have 11 remaining vets at play.

33 + 3 + 11 = 47. Add the random box, and it all fits very nicely together. Good news for this thread is that Wolf is among those 11 that return. At least if Lucas is the one that goes. Regardless of who goes, the math adds up to indicate that this is a 47-character roster.

(Now, whether they change the Final Smash is another thing. Zelda and Sheik both have Light Arrow, again, and Fox does have Landmaster...)
I told you to have faith in the Wolfenator! He'll be back. I'm confident of it.

I think Falco will get the boot since his specials can simply be easily worked into Fox. Wolf's could too, yes, but it'd be much harder due to their unique characteristics. And he's a much more original fighter with all of his standards. I still don't have much faith in Jiggs (I know you do). Falco and Lucas seem at high risk. Snake and PT are dead as disco, as you like to say. If they all get cut, we have 33 veterans. 12 newcomers confirmed. That leaves room for a few more, even with a 47 character roster.

I feel like keeping Falco, whose more of a clone of his fighter than Lucas, and less important to his series, and cutting Lucas, would be kind of an insult. Granted I'd prefer NO ONE be cut. Wolf has more brownie points on his side from being more unique and workable as an entirely original fighter, and dropping Starfox from three reps to one would be stupid. Plus Wolf is a villain, something everyone loves to want in Smash. And he's my favorite Brawl fighter, so I'm biased. There's that too.

I'd like to make peace with you Ebony, and be friends. Cause' we've argued on numerous threads about things like Jigglypuff. Agree to disagree? As mutual Wolf mains?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Hey Guys, I noticed that in the Smash demo Fox had his N64 voice! How would you feel with Wolf's N64 voice?

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I told you to have faith in the Wolfenator! He'll be back. I'm confident of it.

I think Falco will get the boot since his specials can simply be easily worked into Fox. Wolf's could too, yes, but it'd be much harder due to their unique characteristics. And he's a much more original fighter with all of his standards. I still don't have much faith in Jiggs (I know you do). Falco and Lucas seem at high risk. Snake and PT are dead as disco, as you like to say. If they all get cut, we have 33 veterans. 12 newcomers confirmed. That leaves room for a few more, even with a 47 character roster.

I feel like keeping Falco, whose more of a clone of his fighter than Lucas, and less important to his series, and cutting Lucas, would be kind of an insult. Granted I'd prefer NO ONE be cut. Wolf has more brownie points on his side from being more unique and workable as an entirely original fighter, and dropping Starfox from three reps to one would be stupid. Plus Wolf is a villain, something everyone loves to want in Smash. And he's my favorite Brawl fighter, so I'm biased. There's that too.

I'd like to make peace with you Ebony, and be friends. Cause' we've argued on numerous threads about things like Jigglypuff. Agree to disagree? As mutual Wolf mains?
I guess it doesn't really matter WHO gets cut, but the odds are mounting against Lucas due to Gematsu, is all. It has yet to be wrong, and with the math, it looks like we know everyone in the roster, unlockable or not.

Also, I don't really hold grudges. Just trying to deal in fact and discern as much as possible. So there's no hard feelings regardless.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, I noticed that in the Smash demo Fox had his N64 voice! How would you feel with Wolf's N64 voice?
British Wolf would be even more badass as F*** than Brawl Wolf. Jay Ward did a great job on Wolf and MK, but having a polite-sounding Wolf bashing Fox's face in would be sweet.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot

IF this is true That means Mewtwo won't return. Which is disappointing to me as it doesn't allow any melee characters to be brought back.
To be honest I actually don't expect Wolf's announcement until post 3DS release. If he's in the game methinks he will be secret. Hopefully they'll work him into "story" mode (or whatever passes for it in the new game) better than they did in Brawl

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
British Wolf would be even more badass as F*** than Brawl Wolf. Jay Ward did a great job on Wolf and MK, but having a polite-sounding Wolf bashing Fox's face in would be sweet.
Just imagine this in a British Wolf accent: "What's the matter scared?"

D

Deleted member

As in the voice actor from Star Fox 64, or straight up rips from Smash 64?

British Wolf would be great though. Shulk vs. Wolf. Battle of the Brits

Last edited by a moderator:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Just imagine this in a British Wolf accent: "What's the matter scared?"
Well, I suspect Sir Courage Wolf, Esquire will be getting some use if Wolf is indeed his 64 variant..

IF this is true That means Mewtwo won't return. Which is disappointing to me as it doesn't allow any melee characters to be brought back.
To be honest I actually don't expect Wolf's announcement until post 3DS release. If he's in the game methinks he will be secret. Hopefully they'll work him into "story" mode (or whatever passes for it in the new game) better than they did in Brawl
I don't know if unlockables will return, but it is looking good for our canine airman. Math very rarely lies, and it's pointing toward his inclusion. Too bad for Krystal, though.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
As in the voice actor from Star Fox 64, or straight up rips from Smash 64?

British Wolf would be great though. Shulk vs. Wolf. Battle of the Brits
The voice actor, but he does a damn good job at simulating that original N64 voice, I think you can notice it more easily when Fox yells "Landmaster!"

D

Deleted member

The voice actor, but he does a damn good job at simulating that original N64 voice, I think you can notice it more easily when Fox yells "Landmaster!"
Oh OK. Having not played Star Fox 64 I won't be able to tell. I noticed his voice was different though.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Oh OK. Having not played Star Fox 64 I won't be able to tell. I noticed his voice was different though.
Yeah it's a bit less exaggerated though, so it's like an in between voice from 64 and Assault but leaning heavily towards 64. You should play Star Fox 64 though! It's easily the best game in the series and Wolf is one of the harder bosses there!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah it's a bit less exaggerated though, so it's like an in between voice from 64 and Assault but leaning heavily towards 64. You should play Star Fox 64 though! It's easily the best game in the series and Wolf is one of the harder bosses there!
He won't let you do that BluePsychic, so beware.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I don't know if unlockables will return, but it is looking good for our canine airman. Math very rarely lies, and it's pointing toward his inclusion. Too bad for Krystal, though.
If Falco gets cut as rumored, Krystal can take his spot (giving Starfox their long-requested female rep), and Wolf I'm going to bet is back (hopefully we get a villains trailer in the August Direct, I want my Ganondork (I mean Dorf), and Mewtwo back.)

Plus I'm quite decent with Wolf (the only issue I have is that horrible recovery he has), speaking of our beloved space pirate is that a British Wolf I see there Ultinarok?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I probably should play Star Fox 64 at some point. It's kind of sad really, my negative bias toward Fox in Smash (I'm so sick of seeing this guy) causes me to unfairly avoid Star Fox as a series.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
If Falco gets cut as rumored, Krystal can take his spot (giving Starfox their long-requested female rep), and Wolf I'm going to bet is back (hopefully we get a villains trailer in the August Direct, I want my Ganondork (I mean Dorf), and Mewtwo back.)

Plus I quite decent with Wolf (the only issue I have is that horrible recovery he has), speaking of our beloved space pirate is that a British Wolf I see there Ultinarok?
Is there a foundation to the rumor of losing Falco, or is it just speculation? Not that I mind, Falco's presence or absence on the roster affects me nil and, if Krystal gets in at his expense... Well, I'll not shy from it. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I probably should play Star Fox 64 at some point. It's kind of sad really, my negative bias toward Fox in Smash (I'm so sick of seeing this guy) causes me to unfairly avoid Star Fox as a series.
All the things that Fox uses in Smash, bar the Blaster and LandMaster, aren't used in his actual game. The games are incredibly satisfying to play with awesome voice work, but the only ones I can really recommend are 64 and Assault

D

Deleted member

All the things that Fox uses in Smash, bar the Blaster and LandMaster, aren't used in his actual game. The games are incredibly satisfying to play with awesome voice work, but the only ones I can really recommend are 64 and Assault
I'm just sick of seeing Fox winning all the time. It's not really his design as a character that I hate, just the fact that it's always like he has to be the best character. The day that the PMBR decides to nerf Fox will be the day I find gold at the end of a rainbow.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm just sick of seeing Fox winning all the time. It's not really his design as a character that I hate, just the fact that it's always like he has to be the best character. The day that the PMBR decides to nerf Fox will be the day I find gold at the end of a rainbow.
Tbh it looks like he's a little nerfed in SSB4 cause his USmash is less powerful and the mechanics of his blaster has changed but at the same time his recovery has been buffed due to the fact that SideB doesn't put you in freefall. I guess Sakurai couldn't let the Pro Smash players do that :p

D

Deleted member

Tbh it looks like he's a little nerfed in SSB4 cause his USmash is less powerful and the mechanics of his blaster has changed but at the same time his recovery has been buffed due to the fact that SideB doesn't put you in freefall. I guess Sakurai couldn't let the Pro Smash players do that :p
At least with Smash 4, I can pretend Greninja is Slippy, and beat Fox as Slippy. :troll:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Plus I'm quite decent with Wolf (the only issue I have is that horrible recovery he has), speaking of our beloved space pirate is that a British Wolf I see there Ultinarok?
Wolf O' Ducreux. French, actually.
Look up "Joseph Ducreux", its a pretty funny meme.
And Wolf's recovery is kinda bad. That's why you always use Wolf Flash to recover over Fire Wolf. Fire Wolf is only when you need to go vertical, but sometimes it makes a good surprise rush attack in free-for-alls.

Contrary for me, I love Fox. His style is awesome, but he's only been the best in Melee, and because many P:M players have a love affair with that game, they'll naturally want that Fox back. Personally, Melee Fox was my least favorite Fox in the series, and Brawl was my favorite. I just like Wolf better.

Do not hate the player, instead hate his sport. Fox is cool if you give him a chance, and so is Assault (MP is really good fun, could use some bots though) and N64 (sweet campaign).

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Wolf O' Ducreux. French, actually.
Look up "Joseph Ducreux", its a pretty funny meme.
And Wolf's recovery is kinda bad. That's why you always use Wolf Flash to recover over Fire Wolf. Fire Wolf is only when you need to go vertical, but sometimes it makes a good surprise rush attack in free-for-alls.
I did and OMG I had a laugh (the 1 that got me the most was the Star Wars version with Darth Sidious), I almost always use Wolf Flash if I know I can recover with it (which is pretty easy, I do the same with Fox's and Falco's side B moves), Fire Wolf needs to be fixed so it can be a better recovery move, the moment I use it I can't move him over to the edge, since after it's use it cancels all movement afterwards.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I did and OMG I had a laugh (the 1 that got me the most was the Star Wars version with Darth Sidious), I almost always use Wolf Flash if I know I can recover with it (which is pretty easy, I do the same with Fox's and Falco's side B moves), Fire Wolf needs to be fixed so it can be a better recovery move, the moment I use it I can't move him over to the edge, since after it's use it cancels all movement afterwards.
It also has a bad ledge sweetspot since he launches leg first, making it so he can't reach the edge well after the move, and can't really reach it at all during it. If it retains those properties, it should at least be buffed as an offensive technique.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It also has a bad ledge sweetspot since he launches leg first, making it so he can't reach the edge well after the move, and can't really reach it at all during it. If it retains those properties, it should at least be buffed as an offensive technique.
Switch the leg part with the hands that should solve Wolf's recovery issue, since he'll be able to grab the ledge no problem (both Fox and Falco just simply launch themselves head-first), I agree with it getting buffed as an offensive attack, maybe a little more height as well to boost his recovery chances (at least be about close to the height that Fox gets with Fire Fox).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Switch the leg part with the hands that should solve Wolf's recovery issue, since he'll be able to grab the ledge no problem (both Fox and Falco just simply launch themselves head-first), I agree with it getting buffed as an offensive attack, maybe a little more height as well to boost his recovery chances (at least be about close to the height that Fox gets with Fire Fox).
Honestly, that probably won't even be necessary. If Fox is any indication, we may be able to Fire Wolf OUT OF Wolf Flash, which would be awesome as hell. That would give Wolf a one-two punch if he whiffs WF, and would give him phenomenal recovery even without a head-first launch or better height.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Honestly, that probably won't even be necessary. If Fox is any indication, we may be able to Fire Wolf OUT OF Wolf Flash, which would be awesome as hell. That would give Wolf a one-two punch if he whiffs WF, and would give him phenomenal recovery even without a head-first launch or better height.
Well there's a winner right there Fire Wolf out of Wolf Flash, that'll definitely help Wolf's recovery problems.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well there's a winner right there Fire Wolf out of Wolf Flash, that'll definitely help Wolf's recovery problems.
He could have some of the best recovery in the game, as both moves allow for vertical and horizontal movement, making it akin to Pikachu's Quick Attack (considered by some to be one of the best recovery moves in Smash.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I find the Chorus Men to be the odd 1s out of the 3 rumored newcomers (since it would be 3-characters-in-1, unless it's just Marshal), I don't even know why they're even on that leak to begin with, unless they're actually using them as cover for Mewtwo (thereby throwing us all off in the process), the only Melee vet I'm expecting to be cut right now is Falco thanks to customization (Ice Climbers might be kinda of a 50/50 stretch, unless Rosaluma actually fixed the 3DS limitations), Wolf I'm almost expecting to return no doubt, also Mr. Game & Watch is almost 100% back (he was teased at the end of Pac-man's reveal trailer).

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
I find the Chorus Men to be the odd 1s out of the 3 rumored newcomers (since it would be 3-characters-in-1, unless it's just Marshal), I don't even know why they're even on that leak to begin with, unless they're actually using them as cover for Mewtwo (thereby throwing us all off in the process), the only Melee vet I'm expecting to be cut right now is Falco thanks to customization (Ice Climbers might be kinda of a 50/50 stretch, unless Rosaluma actually fixed the 3DS limitations), Wolf I'm almost expecting to return no doubt, also Mr. Game & Watch is almost 100% back (he was teased at the end of Pac-man's reveal trailer).
Actually Icies are said to return. The rumor is that they've been trouble with the 2 characters on stage at the same time with the 3Ds version and are tweaking that.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I feel like Oli and Rosalina have proven Ice Climbers can work on 3DS

I feel like we're getting all Spacies back. I'm not worried

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
how would you fell if his stranded B was that Machine gun you see in holding the was the assault artwork and side B was the grenade from assault

Top Bottom