• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer], I've got a suggestion to make about the O.P - You know how some threads like the Roy thread (and I imagine the other vets too, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and Pichu too) all have a big post about the character and highlighting their roles in both their home games and Smash Bros. I think you should do the same here for Wolf. A starting point could be like: "Playtime's over, Star Fox! Welcome to the Wolf DLC Support/Discussion thread!" Something like that, that way people can take a look at the O.P and think, "I wouldn't mind seeing X as DLC, yeah, sign me up! :)" That's just my recommendation.

And I do agree he should at least get a new Final Smash, and yes, a Wolfen Assault attack would be great. :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer], I've got a suggestion to make about the O.P - You know how some threads like the Roy thread (and I imagine the other vets too, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and Pichu too) all have a big post about the character and highlighting their roles in both their home games and Smash Bros. I think you should do the same here for Wolf. A starting point could be like: "Playtime's over, Star Fox! Welcome to the Wolf DLC Support/Discussion thread!" Something like that, that way people can take a look at the O.P and think, "I wouldn't mind seeing X as DLC, yeah, sign me up! :)" That's just my recommendation.

And I do agree he should at least get a new Final Smash, and yes, a Wolfen Assault attack would be great. :)
I personally want Giga Wolf, since I kind of like having the villains transform into something for their final smash,but Wolfen Assault is really cool too. Would also like your help on setting up the O.P:)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I personally want Giga Wolf, since I kind of like having the villains transform into something for their final smash,but Wolfen Assault is really cool too. Would also like your help on setting up the O.P:)
Okay! Setting up a Pages or Microsoft Word document right now! After I've completed it, take a look and we'll try to add it to the O.P.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Does anyone else think they should replace one of his howling taunts? Because the dude does not need two of them.

I was thinking for a new taunt he could throw his blaster into the air and say something like "Weaklings" or "Hmph, Amateurs."

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I support Wolf for DLC.
I honestly liked using Wolf back in Brawl and was a surprise main of mine.
Now I'm saddened that he got the boot (at least his song got remixed?) and I would pay to see the space cowboy back.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
GUYS GUYS GUYS LOOK
I will edit once I have finished watching.
EDIT: My sweet prince :'(
No Krystal? Works for me.:4wario2:

Seriously though, since she and Wolf weren't shown on this stage they'll definitely appear as codecs on Lylat Cruise. They recycled the codecs for the Corneria stage for the 3rd time. Since they brought back Lylat Cruise the same thing is likely to happen.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Also guys, how do you feel about the Krystal fanbase ? Because let's be realist here: Starfox won't have 4 playable characters, and Starfox Wii U isn't gonna change that. So it's a fight between Wolf and Krystal, and it always upset me when Krystal fans stated that one of the primary reason to why Krystal should be in is that she would diversify the Starfox cast by taking the place of Wolf being miscalled as a clone in their threads.

So yeah, I think I would flip a table if she indeed get in as DLC and take Wolf deserved place. It upset me that a fanbase is trying to get her character in by bull****ing about an other character. (I'm not generalizing the Krystal fanbase).

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Also guys, how do you feel about the Krystal fanbase ? Because let's be realist here: Starfox won't have 4 playable characters, and Starfox Wii U isn't gonna change that. So it's a fight between Wolf and Krystal, and it always upset me when Krystal fans stated that one of the primary reason to why Krystal should be in is that she would diversify the Starfox cast by taking the place of Wolf being miscalled as a clone in their threads.

So yeah, I think I would flip a table if she indeed get in as DLC and take Wolf deserved place. It upset me that a fanbase is trying to get her character in by bull****ing about an other character. (I'm not generalizing the Krystal fanbase).
We don't bully wolf. Most of us want wolf..

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I'd give an honest answer if I knew it wouldn't start a flame war. But to put it short, her chances are as good as anyone's as far as speculation and move set potential but for marketing and importance she's very unlikely. I don't expect more than 1 Star Fox newcomer to be DLC unless we get more character alts along with Wolf. Wolf alone has a better chance than anything right now.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
See you say that Star fox won't get four characters but I think that is ridiculous for one reason both of these series gained 2 new reps this game
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinf::4lucina:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
Who haven't been around since the start unlike :4fox:
And this was the game that broke tradition by removing and not adding a Star fox character.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
See you say that Star fox won't get four characters but I think that is ridiculous for one reason both of these series gained 2 new reps this game
And this was the game that broke tradition by removing and not adding a Star fox character.
Like this guy said it wouldn't be hell if star fox got 2 characters because when you think about it they gained a veteran and a newcomer which in the long run means they got one new character. Is it bad for star fox to get 1 newcomer this game? I don't want to steer this thread off topic though. Sorry

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The more the merrier.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
To be fair, Dark Pit and Lucina were going to just be costumes, but got spots because of small differences (Altough Dark Pit is so similar that he should have just stayed a costume, but I digress :p)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wolf is currently 44 votes ahead of Krool in the poll at 353 votes! Krool has 309. Looks like everyone wants Wolf back! Also some guy @Toronto Joe got the game early, but he is under embargo and can't reveal anything secret about the game, if we're lucky he'll spill some beans about Wolf.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Wolf is currently 44 votes ahead of Krool in the poll at 353 votes! Krool has 309. Looks like everyone wants Wolf back! Also some guy @Toronto Joe got the game early, but he is under embargo and can't reveal anything secret about the game, if we're lucky he'll spill some beans about Wolf.
And then he'll get sued up the but :3

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Somebody already unlocked Duck Hunt after showing an otherwise-complete CSS and got an "all fighters unlocked" notification. Sorry, but the roster is finished.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Somebody already unlocked Duck Hunt after showing an otherwise-complete CSS and got an "all fighters unlocked" notification. Sorry, but the roster is finished.
We sort of knew that already, but it's not finished yet. There's still Mewtwo in Spring/Autumn, so it's far from complete at the moment from what we know. And I don't think any of us really saw any need for them to have extra characters on the Wii U version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This just got me thinking about a hypothetical er... thing. What if the Wii U version of SSB4 had used the voice cast from Assault as a reference to Star Fox's console history and the 3DS had used the cast of Star Fox 64 3D as a reference to the recent remake. It'd probably cost a ton to do, but it would have been neat.

Still, the design of Wolf would have to be based on both or else it would be weird to have the voice not match. Krystal's a whatever since she never had a voice actress change.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
The year of Luigi did not spawn that many Luigi games.
There were a decent amount:
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- M&L: Dream Team
- Dr.Luigi
- New Super Luigi U
- Luigi games is NES Remix and 3D World
- There was also tons of Luigi merchandise and whatnot

If Starfox got this many games, it would double the amount in the franchise XD

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This just got me thinking about a hypothetical er... thing. What if the Wii U version of SSB4 had used the voice cast from Assault as a reference to Star Fox's console history and the 3DS had used the cast of Star Fox 64 3D as a reference to the recent remake. It'd probably cost a ton to do, but it would have been neat.

Still, the design of Wolf would have to be based on both or else it would be weird to have the voice not match. Krystal's a whatever since she never had a voice actress change.
The codec voice actors for the Orbital stage was from Star Fox 64. On the Corneria stage the voice actors from the Melee dub came back again, pretty much just recycling for the 3rd time. For Lylat Cruise the same will most likely happen and we'll just get the codecs from Brawl.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
See people say The codecs would get ported from Brawl.
But here's the thing Wolf wasn't in Melee-bar the intro (he was planned though just like Lucas, More similarities XD)
Even the fact that he was planned made me smile.
Now with Smash 4 you could say "oh Wolf was cut but they kept his theme and codecs"
But that's where I draw the line because well his theme is in there twice.
Now I don't know about you but I feel very annoyed by the fact
Two of his moves are here but he isn't. Back-air, Side B
And his theme and technically his stage because don't you think Lylat cruise would be irrelevant due to Orbital gate (Sakurai brings back Smashville)
I seriously want all my mains back. But In order this is the most likely DLC
:wolf::lucas::popo::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::pichumelee::roypm:---------------:younglinkmelee:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
See people say The codecs would get ported from Brawl.
But here's the thing Wolf wasn't in Melee-bar the intro
I don't think anyone said that in this thread, or implied that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Literally two posts above my last post:p
When I said that the Lylat Cruise codecs would be recycled from Brawl it was because Corneria's was for the 3rd time. There's no reason to make new ones for a returning stage from Brawl if it already has them. Then you mentioned how Wolf almost made it into Melee even though no one was linking him being deconfirmed in Melee with the codecs.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
When I said that the Lylat Cruise codecs would be recycled from Brawl it was because Corneria's was for the 3rd time. There's no reason to make new ones for a returning stage from Brawl if it already has them. Then you mentioned how Wolf almost made it into Melee even though no one was linking him being deconfirmed in Melee with the codecs.
Fair play to you sir.
Are the Lylat codecs still not here ?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So they can show the new codecs from all of the new levels but not the reused Brawl codecs?

Well thats a big bowl of what
I'm not sure if lylat was officially revealed. We know it's there because of the extravaganza, but I think it's the same as Kongo Jungle 64.

Top Bottom