• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mewtwo will still be paid DLC
No plans for paid DLC=/=no more DLC. Some threads on Smashboards have made this point, and in the article it doesn't say they won't ever do DLC after Mewtwo, just that they are currently still getting the game out, and will then consider more DLC. Some even say Mewtwo is a test for DLC.

Added.:)
Sakurai said that himself, specifically he said Mewtwo was for "Testing the waters." Wolf is coming, it's just a matter of when?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sakurai said that himself, specifically he said Mewtwo was for "Testing the waters." Wolf is coming, it's just a matter of when?
When will he be announced. If we find alot evidence of Wolf in the game, we could kindly ask Sakurai, was Wolf planned,but cut due to time, and is he going to be DLC? He's more likely to add a veteran back in to smash then to add a newcomer.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
When will he be announced. If we find alot evidence of Wolf in the game, we could kindly ask Sakurai, was Wolf planned,but cut due to time, and is he going to be DLC? He's more likely to add a veteran back in to smash then to add a newcomer.
I don't care if he comes 4 months after mewtwo, I just want my main back! :( You are totally right, He is more likely to add a veteran. Much easier too.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I checked the codec call with Fox and they changed some of the characters models. Wolf model was changed to his Assult design, and man did it look ugly.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
They just announced Star Fox Vs. Bucky O'Hare. Year of Star Fox starting off crazy!

In my fevered dreams they did.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I checked the codec call with Fox and they changed some of the characters models. Wolf model was changed to his Assult design, and man did it look ugly.
Hmm... They probably did that to avoid any hints towards Wolf's playable status in Brawl.

I mean, all other guys have their Assault designs, so it makes a bit of sense that, considering Wolf isn't playable, they wouldn't use his Smash design. Can you upload a video or post screenshots? Are the voices the same as well? I assume so, but it still isn't too much to ask, I guess.

Also, it's not reason to panic too much, since it could be patched should Wolf return as DLC... Anyway, I wouldn't get hopes too high for now.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thank god, if the had rebubbed I think I would've cried
They didn't redub the Melee Corneria taunts so I don't see why would they do it for Lylat Cruise.

This is just re-used stuff. The only changes are the portraits for Fox, Falco and Wolf, as well as the text box design that now matches the one used for Orbital Gate Assault.

A bit jarring to have different dubs like this, but in the Japanese version, all characters kept the same voice actors.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All it takes now is for someone to find hidden data in the game, like Wolf's codecs, and possibly leftover data of Wolf.
It wouldn't be out of the question if Wolf's codecs were left in the game as imported data, but that's it. I think it's less likely to see character data, as it wasn't found on the 3DS version. Files for crowd cheers had leftover data from Brawl, though, including all cut characters (Ice Climbers, Lucas, Snake, Pokémon Trainer and, of course, Wolf).

Also, I still think Wolf Flash as a Fox custom move is more of a tease than the codecs, to be honest. (Not a tease in the sense that he will be DLC, but in the sense that he was in previous games but not anymore.)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Also, I still think Wolf Flash as a Fox custom move is more of a tease than the codecs, to be honest. (Not a tease in the sense that he will be DLC, but in the sense that he was in previous games but not anymore.)
If Sakurai put that in just to tease in that way, then all he's getting from me is a big **** you, until Wolf truly is playable in the game. You don't just cut a character and then tease fans that said character is no longer playable anymore. That's unprofessional. I really hope that for ours and Sakurai's sake that Wolf will be his own playable character in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS via DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Sakurai put that in just to tease in that way, then all he's getting from me is a big **** you, until Wolf truly is playable in the game. You don't just cut a character and then tease fans that said character is no longer playable anymore. That's unprofessional. I really hope that for ours and Sakurai's sake that Wolf will be his own playable character in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS via DLC.
Right now, DLC is still being considered as a possibility.

Yes, there's Mewtwo. But that's all there is at the moment. It seemed to me that Sakurai has a bit of an open mind towards DLC, but is being cautious towards it. Doing DLC is an investment in time, money and manpower and that effort can't go to waste. It has to be profitable and worth the hard work.

Sakurai has already done a full package of content without prospect of adding more to it, which is a good philosophy. He ensured to deliver a product as complete as possible, unlike certain companies with their dubious practices of releasing blatantly incomplete games and use DLC to fix stuff or having DLC pre-installed in the disc with the fee merely unlocking said content.

Mewtwo is testing the waters for a series first, so the best we can do as fans is to support the game on the long run. Do you want more content added to the game? Do you care about the game? Do you want to give Nintendo and Sakurai a reason for why DLC should be a thing? Download Mewtwo. The more people do it, the better the chances for more DLC. Right now, it's up to us. It's in our hands.

Even if you don't care about Mewtwo, don't like the character, are not a Pokémon fan, download him anyway. He shouldn't be too expensive either, but that money will add to a total summed up by all Smash players. Pokémon has one of the biggest fanbases and is a powerful marketable brand, so Mewtwo is a very wise choice when it comes to test the waters for further DLC. Add the fact he had been playable in Melee and said choice becomes even wiser.

Now, it's up to the fans. I think the best Wolf fans can do now is to support the game as is. Try to get both versions and even if you can't do so, download Mewtwo when he becomes available to everyone (after the promotional period).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Yes, there's Mewtwo. But that's all there is at the moment. It seemed to me that Sakurai has a bit of an open mind towards DLC, but is being cautious towards it. Doing DLC is an investment in time, money and manpower and that effort can't go to waste. It has to be profitable and worth the hard work.

Sakurai has already done a full package of content without prospect of adding more to it, which is a good philosophy. He ensured to deliver a product as complete as possible, unlike certain companies with their dubious practices of releasing blatantly incomplete games and use DLC to fix stuff or having DLC pre-installed in the disc with the fee merely unlocking said content.

Mewtwo is testing the waters for a series first, so the best we can do as fans is to support the game on the long run. Do you want more content added to the game? Do you care about the game? Do you want to give Nintendo and Sakurai a reason for why DLC should be a thing? Download Mewtwo. The more people do it, the better the chances for more DLC. Right now, it's up to us. It's in our hands.

Even if you don't care about Mewtwo, don't like the character, are not a Pokémon fan, download him anyway. He shouldn't be too expensive either, but that money will add to a total summed up by all Smash players. Pokémon has one of the biggest fanbases and is a powerful marketable brand, so Mewtwo is a very wise choice when it comes to test the waters for further DLC. Add the fact he had been playable in Melee and said choice becomes even wiser.

Now, it's up to the fans. I think the best Wolf fans can do now is to support the game as is. Try to get both versions and even if you can't do so, download Mewtwo when he becomes available to everyone (after the promotional period).
Don't worry I'll download Mewtwo, one way or another, quick question do you have to be a club Nintendo member to get Mewtwo free, or do you just need to buy both games.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't worry I'll download Mewtwo, one way or another, quick question do you have to be a club Nintendo member to get Mewtwo free, or do you just need to buy both games.
Pretty sure the Mewtwo promotion goes like this:
1. Get both versions
2. Register them on the same Club Nintendo account
3. The download codes (one per version) are e-mailed to you
4. Download Mewtwo using those codes

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice

Hold on buddy...

I'm a big Wolf fan, but we don't have to go full Nintendrones to get him.

I'll probably download Mewtwo because it's a character I like, but if he's more than 5$ than it's a no buy for me.

And to the people that didn't bought the 3DS Version I will absolutely not recommend them to buy it now that the Wii U version is out just for the whole Mewtwo / dlc thing.

I know that Sora and Namco worked hard on this game, but it's a duty to bring back Wolf, it's a must, and we don't have to ruin ourselves for a veteran that should have been in in the first place.

And who can assure us that if people buy Mewtwo then we will get more DLCs and specifically Wolf ? Imagine the Wolf fans who will did what you said and the next DLC characters are Toad and Dixie Kong. Can you imagine the disappointment and the anger ?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I also hope Wolf comes back, especially since 2015 is supposed to be the year of Starfox. I didn't use him a whole lot in Brawl, but I kinda liked him and would love for his fan to have him back. Hopefully he and Krystal can both make it.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hold on buddy...

I'm a big Wolf fan, but we don't have to go full Nintendrones to get him.

I'll probably download Mewtwo because it's a character I like, but if he's more than 5$ than it's a no buy for me.

And to the people that didn't bought the 3DS Version I will absolutely not recommend them to buy it now that the Wii U version is out just for the whole Mewtwo / dlc thing.

I know that Sora and Namco worked hard on this game, but it's a duty to bring back Wolf, it's a must, and we don't have to ruin ourselves for a veteran that should have been in in the first place.

And who can assure us that if people buy Mewtwo then we will get more DLCs and specifically Wolf ? Imagine the Wolf fans who will did what you said and the next DLC characters are Toad and Dixie Kong. Can you imagine the disappointment and the anger ?
It is a duty that they must bring back Wolf. For a cut character, Wolf has so much content related to him in the game to the point where its teasing us that he's not in. If I had to I'd pay for Wolf DLC, because its something I truly want. I'd probably get all the DLC characters they make, free or not, just so that I can play as, against, or just to have more characters to choose from when playing with friends. Wolf now has to be DLC, to rectify this mistake. Sorry Sakurai, but no vacation, till you confirm Wolf will return as his own playable character in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.
Guys, look at this: http://i.imgur.com/TtZvHPC.png

This is crazy, there is a DLC poll fight between Wolf and K.Rool happening right now on GameFaqs, and it's pretty intense, like very intense, they are so tied.

Wolf vs K.Rool might the biggest DLC fight in the Smash Bros community, both fighting to know who is the definitive most requested DLC character for Smash 4.
Link to the poll to show that I'm not lying: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70625149
Why not both? But if I had too choose 1, sorry Krool,but Veterans before Newcomers. Once all my veterans are in, I'll go gung ho on supporting the newcomers I want, like Sami, Pious, and of course Krool. But until then...

Falco: Sorry guy's but there's a waiting list on the DLC. Character DLC is closed, until the great Lord Wolf O'Donnell is playable in this iteration of Smash Bro. Help Me.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
I really want wolf to return, loved him in brawl and in pm. He needs to return as DLC :wolf:

Top Bottom