• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I can't take this anymore my online experience is like *** I cant beat anyone because I have been stripped of my mains :'(
You don't know how hard it is to adjust to these guys in their Smash 4 form. :4ness::4shulk::4tlink::4pacman::4rob:
I hate this I need one and/or all of them back :'(
:popo:
Anyone else feel the loss ?
We must fight hard, I'd say the best bet is Wolf since he's got the most going for him.
It's very possible we won't get another DLC announcement until next year. It apparently takes a year(+) to balance a single character.
It doesn't take a year to say " Wolf is going to be playable, but not for a while" " I haven't started working on Wolf yet, but don't worry he will be a playable fighter in the game" Or what he could do for pic of the day is "Pic of the day this is a behind the scenes look at how a smash bros character is made, here we have Wolf, first we start out with a concept drawing then make the 3D modules" someone convince Sakurai to do that.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wolf is over 300 on the poll I also found this
Now Wolf must be playable, He fights with the spirit of a possessed warrior, anyone in his sights is doomed to be shredded to bits with his claws.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Suppose that since Falco basically has Wolf's Up Smash (in function) and Bair - you could argue that he has Wolf's Blaster as well since both have a slow ending animation, but Wolf's is arguably better because of the shot's hit-box and the bayonet - while Fox has Wolf's Side Special, Wolf Flash and technically his Up Special, Fire Wolf as Customs, what would Wolf's new moves be? Let's assume that everything given to Fox and Falco aren't reused for Wolf, what would stay, what wouldn't, and what would be new?

The slight changes alone drastically changed Falco's and many others play styles. Even though Falco gained two moves from Wolf, Falco's playstyle isn't pure Falco like in Brawl and Melee, now he's a mixture of both himself and Wolf.

Now, what about Wolf? Anyone want to take a shot at giving Wolf new moves? I know someone sort of did about 3-4 pages ago. The guys over at Mewtwo have talked about changes to Mewtwo's move set, properties, and potential customs. Why not here?

Assault, 64, and the Wii U game could all factor in how Wolf would play since Wolf changes drastically compared to Fox and Falco in almost each game. Heck, we could just take Brawl and/or Project M Wolf and note changes that would happen if he was ported over. You can argue that characters like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon were just ported over, improved, and rebalanced. Some characters didn't like Falco, Link, and Zelda.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not because of DLC being confirmed, but because of this part of character discussion being reopened, but yeah.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So yeah....... Two star wolf themes are now in the game...... the one from 3ds and the one from brawl.
So I must ask now where the heck are My mains ?

Just wondering, has anyone uploaded the Orbital gate conversations yet? Also if there was anytime for gamexplain to go back to the days of 3D World, it's now

Last edited:

Bighands-Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-4982-0219
We def need more villains.

I would love for Wolf's moveset to be an hybrid between his old brawl one and Snake's. Imagine a disposable reflector-mine that can be placed and activated anywhere on the stage; the reflector does it's thing and then explodes, hitting those that were near it.

btw, count me in as a supporter.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So yeah....... Two star wolf themes are now in the game...... the one from 3ds and the one from brawl.
So I must ask now where the heck are My mains ?

That's it Sakurai you had better be working on Wolf, or already have him playable in the game, because if this keeps up you'll be joining the Witness protection, You might have to anyway due to all the Chrom fans you just ****** off.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
We def need more villains.

I would love for Wolf's moveset to be an hybrid between his old brawl one and Snake's. Imagine a disposable reflector-mine that can be placed and activated anywhere on the stage; the reflector does it's thing and then explodes, hitting those that were near it.

btw, count me in as a supporter.
Giving him a few of Snake's moves would be a cool way to let Snake "live on" and it would give Wolf some more heavy weaponry (It may be the double machine gun thing from Assault, but I really think Wolf needs a lot of big, bada$$ weapons)

As a side note, I feel like any DLC from now on will accompany a game release (So hopefully a new Zelda rep for MM3D :chuckle:), with Wolf obviously being the new Starfox game and Lucas not being likely since Mother is dead unfortunately.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Giving him a few of Snake's moves would be a cool way to let Snake "live on" and it would give Wolf some more heavy weaponry (It may be the double machine gun thing from Assault, but I really think Wolf needs a lot of big, bada$$ weapons)

As a side note, I feel like any DLC from now on will accompany a game release (So hopefully a new Zelda rep for MM3D :chuckle:), with Wolf obviously being the new Starfox game and Lucas not being likely since Mother is dead unfortunately.
I would be down with Solid Wolf, or Rambo Wolf.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well now that I think about it, we definitely could use some more villains, or anti-heroes, to the Smash Bros. roster. Having Wolf around as a DLC character would definitely be a great feeling for me. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were to actually announce him around the time when new info on the new Star Fox Wii U game will be revealed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's very possible we won't get another DLC announcement until next year. It apparently takes a year(+) to balance a single character.
Probably not. Consider that they added 51 characters (counting the Miis) in 2 and a half years. I'm sure it doesn't take a year. There is likely other characters or other content, especially since some things wont be ready by release.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Man Wolf has to be in this new Smash Bros game. I mean I won't stop playing it ut he's on the list of "Characters I love to be in the new Smash Bros to make it the Hypest." So add me to the supporters list!

And I hope they keep his Side Taunt the same.

"Whats the matter, scared?" Man that is so cool in every way possible..

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Man Wolf has to be in this new Smash Bros game. I mean I won't stop playing it ut he's on the list of "Characters I love to be in the new Smash Bros to make it the Hypest." So add me to the supporters list!

And I hope they keep his Side Taunt the same.

"Whats the matter, scared?" Man that is so cool in every way possible..
Then just imagine it with a british accent, Ugghhh. Wolf, Why aren't you in this game???

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm sure this will go unquestion when I say Wolf had the best personality of any character in Smash Bros?

I think thats what we all miss about Wolf in Smash Bros, that he is just saturated with smack talk and personality.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm sure this will go unquestion when I say Wolf had the best personality of any character in Smash Bros?

I think thats what we all miss about Wolf in Smash Bros, that he is just saturated with smack talk and personality.
So true, He's a smug ass-hole and I love him
  • "What’s the matter...scared?"
  • "Weaklings, the bunch of you!"
  • "I will be the one to... take you down."
  • "Playtime's over, Star Fox."
  • "We're gonna have fun with this thing!"
  • "Playtime's Over!"
Wolf just has the best dialouge

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
  • "We're gonna have fun with this thing!" (Final Smash)
  • "I will be the one, to take you down." (victory)
  • "Weaklings,the bunch of you!" (victory)
  • "What's the matter, scared?" (side taunt)
  • "Playtime's Over!" (Selection)
I need more of these in HD

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
And the victory quotes over the other Star Fox Characters

Vs Falco : Looks I just clipped your wings Flyboy

Vs Fox: I told you I was going to take you down Fox.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So true, He's a smug ***-hole and I love him
  • "What’s the matter...scared?"
  • "Weaklings, the bunch of you!"
  • "I will be the one to... take you down."
  • "Playtime's over, Star Fox."
  • "We're gonna have fun with this thing!"
  • "Playtime's Over!"
Wolf just has the best dialouge
I think that's why it doesn't bother me that he has the Landmaster it's almost as if he stole and he's taking pride in it XD
It's also the reason I can't stand the fact that he got cut and Falco is still here... Land master and preferring the air included.

Top Bottom