• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
Wolf and Squirtle (Favorite pokemon bias) are the two cuts I want reversed...Squirtle isn't too likely though...unless they go crazy on pokemon DLC.

But I like Wolf a lot...I hope he gets in again, I also want Krystal though.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Wolf is a Character I really want back. He wasn't My favorite in brawl, but I feel like Wolf is better to have than Falco, more relevance to franchise.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow! So I finally found it. I'm here to voice my support for the most "Non-cloned clone(?)"

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wolf and Lucas are my two most wanted Brawl vets to return. Give us Wolf, Sakurai!

mark welford

Smash Ace
that guy with the supposed DLC leak has taken the video down but someone downloaded it just in case he took it down and has reuploaded it and the guy with the leak says he has lost his capture card an hour ago and I think he should just come out and say it is fake to get people off his back or if it is real just use a cellphone or something to record with one hand and with the other hand just play with the CSS a little bit.

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Add me to that supporter list! Wolf was the only veteran I was sad about being cut (other than Ice Climbers who have just about no chance:crying:). All I really need is Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac and I'll be happy.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wolf is a Character I really want back. He wasn't My favorite in brawl, but I feel like Wolf is better to have than Falco, more relevance to franchise.
I was really surprised he was cut because Sakurai was actually going to add Wolf in Melee but he thought he looked like a Fox reskin so he added Falco instead for looking different and having a similar height/build. But this makes Sakurai a hypocrite because he added Doctor Mario because he thought Wario played too similar to Mario. So not only did he add a newcomer that played like a character, he looked just like him but in a doctor cosplay.

mark welford

Smash Ace
guys the guy with the supposed DLC leak just posted another video with the announcer saying mewtwo. he said he is taking it down tonight so you guys better hurry to his channel.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
guys the guy with the supposed DLC leak just posted another video with the announcer saying mewtwo. he said he is taking it down tonight so you guys better hurry to his channel.
Link me to it please, if you don't mind.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was really surprised he was cut because Sakurai was actually going to add Wolf in Melee but he thought he looked like a Fox reskin so he added Falco instead for looking different and having a similar height/build. But this makes Sakurai a hypocrite because he added Doctor Mario because he thought Wario played too similar to Mario. So not only did he add a newcomer that played like a character, he looked just like him but in a doctor cosplay.
I think a possible reason Wolf was cut might be because Sakurai had no idea what to do with him. Think about it, Ganondorf became a Captain Falcon clone because Sakurai ran out of time - his victory animations and trophies are leftovers of a sword-wielding Ganondorf.

Wolf was supposed to be in Melee, but was dropped because he would have looked like Fox, but with an eyepatch. Now, look at Falco's move set in Melee, Wolf would have had that set. Sideways Blaster-grip is like a nod to gangsters, Wolf being heavier would make sense since wolves are much larger creatures compared to foxes, and a similar idea would lead to him being slower. Welp, with a couple of changes like higher jumps, voice clips, and a different head we have Falco.

Then you go to Brawl where because of recent Star Fox games, Wolf looks much more distinguishable from Fox. Wolf in Brawl was a savage fighter compared to Fox and Falco, but Wolf wasn't really portrayed as a savage character in any Star Fox games. If anything, he was rough like a cowboy like in Assault. With the 64 remake, we have Wolf returning to a British-accented, cocky mercenary.

That means using Wolf's model from 64 with his Brawl move set would be weird as hell. You'd have this proper-sounding fellow who's fighting like a wild animal. Using his Assault model would mess with the theme of Star Fox 64 and sort of clashes with a space cowboy by having him as a claw and maul fighter.

How would Wolf from Assault fight? How would he fight if he was based on 64? For Assault, I can see him using a quick-draw for his Blaster where it has almost no start-up, deals a ton of damage for a projectile, but the ending lag is horrible. Melee-wise, he probably wouldn't use his claws or if he did, it'd be replaced by fist or open-handed attacks. For 64, I can totally imagine Wolf using boxing for most of his attacks - ironic if you consider Steve Fox - or bartitsu which is a combination of British boxing, French Savate, wrestling, fencing, stiletto use, and I think judo. It'd be dangerous, elegant, and probably underhanded-looking fitting an evil, British, space mercenary.

All of that would mean a large overhaul like what happened to Pit, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus, and is what's likely happening to Mewtwo. Damage values, different models, animation, and then you have to balance it.

Optimistically, Sakurai probably wanted Wolf, the Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo to return, but one couldn't make it because of hardware limitations, one had to be transferred and updated from Melee, and one would take too long to redo well. Sure, he could just make Wolf a freaking clone of Fox, but there would be no justification like with Falco who's a teammate of Fox, Luigi who's Mario's twin, Lucina where an excuse of passing down techniques and imitation can be used, or Dark Pit who's Pit's literal clone. Hell, you could justify Dr. Mario as a "legacy character" for people who wanted to play as Mario from Melee.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think a possible reason Wolf was cut might be because Sakurai had no idea what to do with him. Think about it, Ganondorf became a Captain Falcon clone because Sakurai ran out of time - his victory animations and trophies are leftovers of a sword-wielding Ganondorf.

Wolf was supposed to be in Melee, but was dropped because he would have looked like Fox, but with an eyepatch. Now, look at Falco's move set in Melee, Wolf would have had that set. Sideways Blaster-grip is like a nod to gangsters, Wolf being heavier would make sense since wolves are much larger creatures compared to foxes, and a similar idea would lead to him being slower. Welp, with a couple of changes like higher jumps, voice clips, and a different head we have Falco.

Then you go to Brawl where because of recent Star Fox games, Wolf looks much more distinguishable from Fox. Wolf in Brawl was a savage fighter compared to Fox and Falco, but Wolf wasn't really portrayed as a savage character in any Star Fox games. If anything, he was rough like a cowboy like in Assault. With the 64 remake, we have Wolf returning to a British-accented, cocky mercenary.

That means using Wolf's model from 64 with his Brawl move set would be weird as hell. You'd have this proper-sounding fellow who's fighting like a wild animal. Using his Assault model would mess with the theme of Star Fox 64 and sort of clashes with a space cowboy by having him as a claw and maul fighter.

How would Wolf from Assault fight? How would he fight if he was based on 64? For Assault, I can see him using a quick-draw for his Blaster where it has almost no start-up, deals a ton of damage for a projectile, but the ending lag is horrible. Melee-wise, he probably wouldn't use his claws or if he did, it'd be replaced by fist or open-handed attacks. For 64, I can totally imagine Wolf using boxing for most of his attacks - ironic if you consider Steve Fox - or bartitsu which is a combination of British boxing, French Savate, wrestling, fencing, stiletto use, and I think judo. It'd be dangerous, elegant, and probably underhanded-looking fitting an evil, British, space mercenary.

All of that would mean a large overhaul like what happened to Pit, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus, and is what's likely happening to Mewtwo. Damage values, different models, animation, and then you have to balance it.

Optimistically, Sakurai probably wanted Wolf, the Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo to return, but one couldn't make it because of hardware limitations, one had to be transferred and updated from Melee, and one would take too long to redo well. Sure, he could just make Wolf a freaking clone of Fox, but there would be no justification like with Falco who's a teammate of Fox, Luigi who's Mario's twin, Lucina where an excuse of passing down techniques and imitation can be used, or Dark Pit who's Pit's literal clone. Hell, you could justify Dr. Mario as a "legacy character" for people who wanted to play as Mario from Melee.
The idea of a British boxing Wolf just blew my mind. Sounds so classy and badass. Now give him his two machine guns from his victory pose in Star Fox Assault's multiplayer and he'll never be cut from the roster again.:troll:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I still don't believe it I would think Wolf and Lucas would come as a package deal.
I don't believe it either, why would there be a "DLC Demo"? Maybe I'm not too up to date on this leak, but it seems very fishy. Also the mewtwo voice line is seriously weird.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I don't believe it either, why would there be a "DLC Demo"? Maybe I'm not too up to date on this leak, but it seems very fishy. Also the mewtwo voice line is seriously weird.
The fact he shows us Mewtwo and not Isaac is what bugs me.
Why show us the character that has already got voice clips for the announcer from Project M and Melee plus the fact he doesn't show the render up close like the last leak is a clear sign to me that it's fake.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wait what? There's a "DLC Demo" leak? The ride never ends.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Wait what? There's a "DLC Demo" leak? The ride never ends.
In the video the guy linked earlier (plasticguy64 or something), he calls a "DLC demo".

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The idea of a British boxing Wolf just blew my mind. Sounds so classy and badass. Now give him his two machine guns from his victory pose in Star Fox Assault's multiplayer and he'll never be cut from the roster again.:troll:
I just remembered Bloody Roar during dinner so... Yugo Ogami aka Yugo the Wolf and guess what his fighting style is: kickboxing. It's not bartitsu and it's not straight up boxing, but it's close enough.

Bloody Roar 2 Yugo wolf form combo.

I couldn't find a lot of combo videos, but Bloody Roar 3 was on the Gamecube. Maybe Bloody Roar can get a revival by having Wolf use Yugo's moves and have him have an alt costume based on Yugo's (new Bloody Roar 5) costume.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Video doesn't exist...
What's the guys username?
Hope this works though he should have done another character like Wolf, Bandanna Dee, or Issac for more credibility. edit he just made the video privet, but I did here it... I don't know about this guy.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hope this works though he should have done another character like Wolf, Bandanna Dee, or Issac for more credibility. edit he just made the video privet, but I did here it... I don't know about this guy.
As much as I want Wolf the render art clearly showed more of his body than Fox and Falco Plus Bandana Dee was way too zoomed in. I will always stand by the fact at this point in time.
Lucas and Wolf both have the same things going for them.
Both considered clones but play much differently then their original counter part.
Both of their games got joked/hinted about at E3
Both very much loved by Smash fans alike
Both leave a huge whole in the roster being big parts of their own series and all.
Both were planned for Melee but got shafted because of others.:nessmelee::falcomelee:
And Finally both of them should never have been cut which is exactly why DLC is going to take affect.
I support both Wolf and Lucas to come back as a pair :)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Special thank you to @GreenReaperGod for reuploading this
If he wanted to be more believable he should have done Wolf. Probably fake as of now.
That's such a weird way to say "Mewtwo". It doesn't sound like the announcer and the crappy quality which can't be helped, doesn't help either with whether or not it's legitimate.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I actually can believe the announcer would say Mewtwo like that. He has fun with a lot of name readings - just look at Greninja, or King Dedede. What makes me more suspicious is the continuous lack of any clear gameplay or even something animated that you can't get just by filming the existing game (seriously, just shift the camera over an inch or make Player 1 Mewtwo instead).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Add me to the Supporters List! I think Wolf is the most likely candidate for DLC!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Discussion:

Brit or Assault?
I'm okay with either one but I prefer the Brit 64 Wolf because he sounds more devious. If Assault Wolf came back would he have his Assault voice or the 64 voice? Fox, Falco, Slippy and Peppy all have their voice actors from 64 even though their appearances are based from different games in the series.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I feel that Wolf has the highest chance of coming back since there are honestly no obstacles against him. I hope so too. Wolf was insanely fun and my main after Ike.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
If dr.mario and mewtwo can get in from being cut from 2 games I think wolf has a pretty good chance, considering Sakurai has been pretty nice to clones lately.

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is currently the only character I actively want in the game, so add me to the support list.

Speaking of his voice, I thought a cross between his 64 and Assault voice would suit him best. Something like an angrier David Rodigan idk

Top Bottom