• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why I think Wolf is likely:
- In Brawl, Wolf was low priority. He likely was this time as well.
- Sakurai stated he wanted to bring all characters back, but they wouldn't have enough time to do so. This could be more evidence that Wolf was, in fact, low priority once again.
- DLC could be primarily for low-priority characters that failed to make the cut during development thanks to time constraints. DLC may also have time constraints but there are no longer any worries on finishing the game and spend time on other things besides characters.
- Fox has a Wolf Flash move with similar proprieties. If this tells me something, is that work was possibly put in Wolf, but had to be scrapped early. Fox was given a remnant of Wolf's moveset.
- They can port data from Brawl, contrary to Mewtwo. This means less work would be put on Wolf.
- Wolf could potentially advertise the upcoming Star Fox game.

He has a lot going for him. If Mewtwo, one of the hardest cuts in Smash history, can return, so can Wolf.

Plus, I liked playing as Wolf in Brawl. I want him back.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
- Sakurai stated he wanted to bring all characters back, but they wouldn't have enough time to do so. This could be more evidence that Wolf was, in fact, low priority once again.
- Fox has a Wolf Flash move with similar proprieties. If this tells me something, is that work was possibly put in Wolf, but had to be scrapped early. Fox was given a remnant of Wolf's moveset.
- They can port data from Brawl, contrary to Mewtwo. This means less work would be put on Wolf.

He has a lot going for him. If Mewtwo, one of the hardest cuts in Smash history, can return, so can Wolf.

Agreed.

Fun Fact: I've read off somewhere that Kid Icarus Uprising was originally planned to be a StarFox game. It makes me wonder what Wolf's role in it would've been.

One more thing. This is pretty off topic, but uh, so far it looks like I'm the only one who responded to IsmaR's post about the ownership of this thread. Not saying I'm desperate or anything, I'm just pointing it out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fun Fact: I've read off somewhere that Kid Icarus Uprising was originally planned to be a StarFox game. It makes me wonder what Wolf's role in it would've been.
Something like this guy? :4darkpit:

Both are recurring rival characters that fight under their own agenda, so yeah.

One more thing. This is pretty off topic, but uh, so far it looks like I'm the only one who responded to IsmaR's post about the ownership of this thread. Not saying I'm desperate or anything, I'm just pointing it out.
Yeah, it's off-topic.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else wants ownership of this thread.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
- DLC could be primarily for low-priority characters that failed to make the cut during development thanks to time constraints. DLC may also have time constraints but there are no longer any worries on finishing the game and spend time on other things besides characters.

My babies were Low priority :') :lucas:&:wolf:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think that leak is fake, no real argument I just never believe leaks. It would be nice if it was real, however, because all of my wanted characters except Impa and Lucas are there.

On the topic of a new thread owner, I wouldn't want to be the new owner, but I feel we need someone to take over.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What are the responsibilities of thread owner?
On topic in the Rev3games info dump in Smash world the Wolfen deals 100 damage to an opponent at the star of a match. A Wolfen... (More evidence)

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Dont Wolfens appear on Corneria occasionally?

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I imagine a trailer were Fox is fighting someone and then gets knocked off the stage. As he is about to recover he gets shot by lasers and goes hurtling into the blast zone. The camera then pans to a Wolfen, and after it zooms into the cockpit its shows Wolf and says:

"WOLF CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT"

just ignore the fact that Wolf isn't a newcomer he gets a trailer anyway XP

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
In my opinion, I think Wolf will be the next veteran confirmed for DLC. I really want to see him back. What good what it be that Lylat Cruise returns but Wolf doesn't? He'll be back and better than ever.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm calling it that's fake why? Take a look every chracters render box has something in common it's a face an just glimpse of their body.
Bandana Dee is so close up it's the cameraman hit him in the face
Wolf and Isaac? Are like way to far back from everyone else and overall the render for Wolf looks very brawl like.~
While I want Wolf back I'm calling this fake.
Plus no Lucas.
This is the image people claim the Wolf pic was ripped from

Wolf image also looks like this. The only thing that can save this is if the Wolf pic isn't a Photoshopped preexisting one. There are some other poses that have Wolf looking simular to the artwork and it is possible that his artwork is a copy of one of his poses in brawl. We must wait for more evidence, but I'm just making a point in favor of this being true.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
This is the image people claim the Wolf pic was ripped from

Wolf image also looks like this. The only thing that can save this is if the Wolf pic isn't a Photoshopped preexisting one. There are some other poses that have Wolf looking simular to the artwork and it is possible that his artwork is a copy of one of his poses in brawl. We must wait for more evidence, but I'm just making a point in favor of this being true.
Even if the render is from Brawl, since the leak was claimed to be a demo/beta, it would make sense for there to be placeholder renders on the CSS if this is the case

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Even if the render is from Brawl, since the leak was claimed to be a demo/beta, it would make sense for there to be placeholder renders on the CSS if this is the case
A great point I believe the original stage selection from the ESRB leak is arranged much differently in the final version. HOPE LIVES ON WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
A great point I believe the original stage selection from the ESRB leak is arranged much differently in the final version. HOPE LIVES ON WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not, but that's not particularly relevant for this leak's validity.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I honestly thought that the art could be of his taunt where he growls. The beta footage would explain the character mugshots, and if it truly is a demo, make it easier to see the characters that need testing.
For reference

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Who wants old Connery to take over the thread? Nobody? I'll see myself out.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Having Wolf back would be wonderful. He is like Lucas in the fact that his moveset differs in gameplay and style, hardly recognizable with the original counter part.

Wolf joining Mewtwo in a villain DLC pack would be nice.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I'm calling it that's fake why? Take a look every chracters render box has something in common it's a face an just glimpse of their body.
Bandana Dee is so close up it's the cameraman hit him in the face
Wolf and Isaac? Are like way to far back from everyone else and overall the render for Wolf looks very brawl like.~
While I want Wolf back I'm calling this fake.
Plus no Lucas.
you don't have to be so agressive about it man geez take it however you want all i said is let hope it is real.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U is something I definitely support.

He and Snake are the only cut Brawl veterans that I'm really aching to see back (and let's be real, Squirtle and Ivysaur are highly impractical at this point), and it's my hope that with Fox's customs imitating Wolf's moves, if he were to come back, his moves could be tweaked even further to differentiate himself from Fox and Falco.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Wolf as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U is something I definitely support.

He and Snake are the only cut Brawl veterans that I'm really aching to see back (and let's be real, Squirtle and Ivysaur are highly impractical at this point), and it's my hope that with Fox's customs imitating Wolf's moves, if he were to come back, his moves could be tweaked even further to differentiate himself from Fox and Falco.
No love for Lucas :'(
But yeah Wolf and Lucas at this point are pretty much a given

StormC

Smash Hero
Eh, Lucas just doesn't really excite me as a character. I loved MOTHER 3, but he was the least interesting thing about it.

Last edited:

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
Now that we have DLC possiblities, Wolf is my #1 vet to come back. I always played him in brawl so he was my main.

Grovbi

Smash Rookie
While I'm not a huge fan of Wolf, he was my preferred out of the Star Fox fighters in Brawl. I'd happily welcome him back if he were to return.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I honestly thought that the art could be of his taunt where he growls. The beta footage would explain the character mugshots, and if it truly is a demo, make it easier to see the characters that need testing.
For reference
OK so there is two cases either the leaker faked the image and simply took a picture of it on his 3DS or its legit. He might do something Saturday, but even if this is fake, there's apparently another rumor going around that says Wolf and some other characters are playable.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
We need more villains/rivals in the Smash series, and Wolf was pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing him back.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
OK so there is two cases either the leaker faked the image and simply took a picture of it on his 3DS or its legit. He might do something Saturday, but even if this is fake, there's apparently another rumour going around that says Wolf and some other characters are playable.
As long as it has :wolf:&:lucas: that's fine by me :')

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hello, everyone. I'm a fellow Super Smash Bros. and Star Fox fan. I thought I'd drop into Wolf's character thread to briefly touch upon my thoughts concerning him.

When the new Smash Bros. went into development. I suspected early on that we'd have only two Star Fox representatives. The series has been dormant for quite a few years. While Star Fox 64 3D was great it wasn't a true new title, so I expected Fox and Falco to return. While Wolf is not even considered a semi-clone of Fox, Falco has seniority over him. It's disappointing to see my concerns were true.

However, I made several observations in the 3DS version of Smash that lead me to believe Wolf may have been planned for development at some point, but was considered low-priority and thusly wasn't finished in time. I can't go into specifics right now - I must go to work - but I will say that I believe Wolf is very viable for DLC right now; perhaps more so than Lucas or the Ice Climbers.

I will be back later today to elaborate. Stay tuned.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
This gave me hope:

Wolf did not return as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4, though he does appear as a trophy in at least Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Music associated with the character ("Star Wolf's Theme/Sector Z") is also present in the game, and Fox also has Wolf's Wolf Flash from Brawl as a custom side special. Interestingly, Wolf's voice actor, Jay Ward, is credited in the game, despite Wolf himself not having any spoken lines. Lylat Cruise returns in the Wii U version. Wolf presumably appears in the Star Fox Smash Taunt.
Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Wolf_O'Donnell#In_Super_Smash_Bros._4

Edit: Didn't know you guys already knew this...
Oh well.

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Assuming Wolf keeps the Brawl moveset, what do you guys think his custom moves will be? My ideas are:

B: A variant that focuses more on the melee hit (no laser, but it is faster and has more damage/knockback) and one that focuses on the laser (no melee hitbox, but the laser has more range and is faster)

Side B: One that goes straight forward and one that removes hitbox but increases range/speed

I can't think of any for Up/Down B :p (Wouldn't be surprised if they just gave him Fox's reflector customs though)

Last edited:
Top Bottom