• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
If I can get wolf dlc then I will have all I need. But any other characters they want to add are good in my book.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm keeping my expectations low since I find it dangerous that people are rating his chances highly. I agree but damage control is in place for me.

I find it peculiar that when the announcer said you could listen to Star Fox's radio chats on Orbital Gate and Lylat Cruise but not Star Wolf's. We know for a fact that they appear on the latter.

/straw grasping

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Ok, so I just realized...

When the 3DS version first released and people were finding all kinds of trophies, they eventually found a trophy of Mewtwo. This pretty much made everyone think he was de-confirmed. I'll admit, I thought so as well. But did anybody else notice the quality of his trophy compared to a lot of others?
I actually thought to myself "This trophy looks like it belongs to a playable character."

Now that Mewtwo is returning, I got to thinking of another (still as of now) "de-confirmed" character who's trophy situation is exactly like Mewtwo's.
Suddenly things are looking a little less bleak for him too.

Granted, Ice Climbers also have a high quality trophy, because they actually were going to be playable but scrapped because the 3DS couldn't handle their entire gimmick.
But they seem sure to not return this time, unlike Wolf.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, I did check out some new screenshots, and apparently, Lylat Cruise is back. We have Lylat Cruise, but no Wolf? Looks like the Star Wolf conversations are out of the question, unless Wolf does make it as a downloadable character.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys.

So, DLC has been confirmed, Mewtwo's fanbase make him back.

If we want Wolf to be considered as a potential DLC character over others characters, we need to show him a lot of support.

When the Starfox codecs appeared in the direct, I was scared as **** to see Wolf being reduced as a codec character.

But he didn't appear, nor the Star Wolf team.

Things are going to be dead serious the 21th November. We will be able to do the Starfox codecs, and if Wolf appear in it, this will seriously be bad news.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If it came down to a blood match between Wolf and Krystal for DLC inclusion, i'd route for Wolf.
Anyone feel like Krystal is sort of a rival for any potential DLC?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Okay, I did check out some new screenshots, and apparently, Lylat Cruise is back. We have Lylat Cruise, but no Wolf? Looks like the Star Wolf conversations are out of the question, unless Wolf does make it as a downloadable character.
I feel it would be weird to ship a stage where you can't access all its easter eggs, but who knows?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Okay guys.

So, DLC has been confirmed, Mewtwo's fanbase make him back.

If we want Wolf to be considered as a potential DLC character over others characters, we need to show him a lot of support.

When the Starfox codecs appeared in the direct, I was scared as **** to see Wolf being reduced as a codec character.

But he didn't appear, nor the Star Wolf team.

Things are going to be dead serious the 21th November. We will be able to do the Starfox codecs, and if Wolf appear in it, this will seriously be bad news.
Well Wolf appears in Fox and Falco's codecs on Lylat Cruise and he was playable. Also an interesting thing to note about Orbital Gate is that the codecs apparently went on without a Star Fox character being played in the match ( could be wrong though) Regardless the point is Wolf's got the best shot now and we must support him. WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well Wolf appears in Fox and Falco's codecs on Lylat Cruise and he was playable. Also an interesting thing to note about Orbital Gate is that the codecs apparently went on without a Star Fox character being played in the match ( could be wrong though) Regardless the point is Wolf's got the best shot now and we must support him. WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!
You know guys I expect Wolf now ore than ever. Think about the size of the Roster for villains suck :4bowser::4bowserjr::4dedede::4ganondorf::4wario2::mewtwopm: The amount of times he's been hinted at like Lucas (Star Wolf's theme is going to the Wii U version with the rest of the 3ds music so it will probably be on Lylat cruise)
And remember when this got Disconfirmed for the obvious use of the trophy poses ?

If Mewtwo has the Trophy pose as his artwork....... Well Wolf is going to increase tremendously :)

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
The major problem with that fake roster I see, other than it being fake, is the three extra character placement doesnt make sense. You would think they would go with their series. but who knows. That might how it will end up as there is a 'DLC section' just like there was a 'clone section'

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The major problem with that fake roster I see, other than it being fake, is the three extra character placement doesnt make sense. You would think they would go with their series. but who knows. That might how it will end up as there is a 'DLC section' just like there was a 'clone section'
I still fully believe this is how any DLC should look for these 3 veterans and the Ice climbers( depending on their situation)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw:
:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwopm:
:4ness::lucas::4duckhunt::popo::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute: Substitute = ?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Why is this not on the front page.

In truth, Wolf is probably the most importaint character to get cut from Brawl. The other were less known or had minor roles. The Pokemon were done more for Trainer which is why Charizard stands alone. But Wolf is a major villain in the Staffox games. With a new Starfox game coming out, it seems weird not to have him. But with DLC, he can come back, albeit a bit late. So I'm hoping he makes a comeback. He is defiantly one of the more popular choices for DLC.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Why is this not on the front page.

In truth, Wolf is probably the most importaint character to get cut from Brawl. The other were less known or had minor roles. The Pokemon were done more for Trainer which is why Charizard stands alone. But Wolf is a major villain in the Staffox games. With a new Starfox game coming out, it seems weird not to have him. But with DLC, he can come back, albeit a bit late. So I'm hoping he makes a comeback. He is defiantly one of the more popular choices for DLC.
Lucas and ice climbers would like to disagree :p But seriously why they cut a villain especially one with a more original move-set than :4falco: confuses me beyond belief We need more not Less :( But with that said he's probably next on the list if not the other too :popo::lucas: The only reason I think that is because Wolf came at the very end of brawl. Wolf's coming don't you forget it :)

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Now that Mewtwo is confirmed, I feel that Wolf is the most likely veteran to be in DLC. Ice Climbers have technical issues and while I think they should be console exclusive, the possibility that Ridley was repurposed for the same reason puts a dent in their chances. However, I thing Wolf being a veteran is what will hinder him when it comes to DLC. We do not have a DLC schedule yet, or know if there will be one and I highly doubt we will get two veterans in a row. Unless future DLC bundles characters together, I don't think we will be seeing Wolf anytime soon sadly.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Now that Mewtwo is confirmed, I feel that Wolf is the most likely veteran to be in DLC. Ice Climbers have technical issues and while I think they should be console exclusive, the possibility that Ridley was repurposed for the same reason puts a dent in their chances. However, I thing Wolf being a veteran is what will hinder him when it comes to DLC. We do not have a DLC schedule yet, or know if there will be one and I highly doubt we will get two veterans in a row. Unless future DLC bundles characters together, I don't think we will be seeing Wolf anytime soon sadly.
I think this would generate Hype seeing how Veterans are pretty easy to crate what with their chants and move-sets already working and running :) :lucas:&:wolf:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ok, so I just realized...

When the 3DS version first released and people were finding all kinds of trophies, they eventually found a trophy of Mewtwo. This pretty much made everyone think he was de-confirmed. I'll admit, I thought so as well. But did anybody else notice the quality of his trophy compared to a lot of others?
I actually thought to myself "This trophy looks like it belongs to a playable character."

Now that Mewtwo is returning, I got to thinking of another (still as of now) "de-confirmed" character who's trophy situation is exactly like Mewtwo's.
Suddenly things are looking a little less bleak for him too.

Granted, Ice Climbers also have a high quality trophy, because they actually were going to be playable but scrapped because the 3DS couldn't handle their entire gimmick.
But they seem sure to not return this time, unlike Wolf.
Wasn't wolf's trophy ported from assault or another star fox game? I also heard mewtwo's based of some artwork or something.

Regardless, I expect wolf to come back as downloadable, though IDK when..

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Out of the 9 veterans currently missing from Smash, Wolf is the one I want to see come back the most. I loved him in Brawl and PM, he was by far my favorite SF character (Though I'm extremely partial to Falco in PM...not so much in SSB4 though, oops).

Though one thing I'm curious about, if he comes back, it's gonna be weird hearing his SF64 3D voice on his Assault/Command design. (TBH I always did prefer the James Bond villain personality of Wolf in 64)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Out of the 9 veterans currently missing from Smash, Wolf is the one I want to see come back the most. I loved him in Brawl and PM, he was by far my favorite SF character (Though I'm extremely partial to Falco in PM...not so much in SSB4 though, oops).

Though one thing I'm curious about, if he comes back, it's gonna be weird hearing his SF64 3D voice on his Assault/Command design. (TBH I always did prefer the James Bond villain personality of Wolf in 64)
We have 10 veterans 3 Who Mostly deserve to return and are the most likely.
:icsmelee::roymelee::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::squirtle::ivysaur::lucas::wolf::snake:
Those three :wolf::lucas::popo: All the other charcaters are from series that have quite a decent amount of Reps (aside from:snake: but well :4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:) These three need to return to represent their series :'):lucas::wolf::popo:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Mewtwo is in,but we must have WOLF. We've got to make the push for Wolf even if he is being developed as we speak, Now that Mewtwo's DLC Wolf is the character I see mentioned as the most likely character for DLC. WOLF IS NOW COMMANDING THE HYPE TRAIN!!! However this time we are going to make sure WOLF gets in. WE MUST SIGN THE WOLF PETITION!!!! Even if he is likely its still good to have a strong backup plan just in case Sakurai didn't make Wolf DLC we can shove the petition in his face and after seeing that alot of people want Wolf back, he'd start developing Wolf as a DLC character. It worked for Sonic. WE MUST SUPPORT WOLF! HE HAS THE BEST SHOT OUT OF ALL THE CUT VETS NOW THAT MEWTWO'S IN! HE HAS SO MANY IN GAME REFERENCES TO HIM! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS HOLDING HIM BACK! HE IS BAD*** AND AN ANTAGONIST WHICH WE NEED! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Wolf gets in I'll be happy to support Lucas and Ice Climbers. Bias aside, I just feel Wolf is more necessary because of all the in game references to him like his theme, Lylat Cruise, Fox's Wolf Flash, the stick in the mud trophy,codecs. It just seems messed up to cut a veteran and leave in all that stuff. Ice Climbers got cut and all they have is a trophy and a smash run enemy. Lucas just has the trophy. They are both unjustified cuts however. :popo: are held back by the 3DS version, I think Smash run is the main culprit behind this, since 8 :popo:s in smash run would definitely create problems. Lucas I support, but am still uncertain as to why he was cut, nor do I have enough evidence to make a case for Lucas, in a sense that there's evidence pointing at Lucas' return. plus I don't have Lucas' trophy yet so I haven't examined it.
Here is the petition for everyone including :wolf::popo::lucas:. https://www.change.org/p/masahiro-s...or-super-smash-brothers-for-the-wii-u-and-3ds
Here is Wolf's(:wolf:) petition https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share
SIGN BOTH AS BACKUP!

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is in,but we must have WOLF. We've got to make the push for Wolf even if he is being developed as we speak, Now that Mewtwo's DLC Wolf is the character I see mentioned as the most likely character for DLC. WOLF IS NOW COMMANDING THE HYPE TRAIN!!! However this time we are going to make sure WOLF gets in. WE MUST SIGN THE WOLF PETITION!!!! Even if he is likely its still good to have a strong backup plan just in case Sakurai didn't make Wolf DLC we can shove the petition in his face and after seeing that alot of people want Wolf back, he'd start developing Wolf as a DLC character. It worked for Sonic. WE MUST SUPPORT WOLF! HE HAS THE BEST SHOT OUT OF ALL THE CUT VETS NOW THAT MEWTWO'S IN! HE HAS SO MANY IN GAME REFERENCES TO HIM! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS HOLDING HIM BACK! HE IS BAD*** AND AN ANTAGONIST WHICH WE NEED! WOLF FOR DLC:wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After Wolf gets in I'll be happy to support Lucas and Ice Climbers. Bias aside, I just feel Wolf is more necessary because of all the in game references to him like his theme, Lylat Cruise, Fox's Wolf Flash, the stick in the mud trophy,codecs. It just seems messed up to cut a veteran and leave in all that stuff. Ice Climbers got cut and all they have is a trophy and a smash run enemy. Lucas just has the trophy. They are both unjustified cuts however. :popo: are held back by the 3DS version, I think Smash run is the main culprit behind this, since 8 :popo:s in smash run would definitely create problems. Lucas I support, but am still uncertain as to why he was cut, nor do I have enough evidence to make a case for Lucas, in a sense that there's evidence pointing at Lucas' return. plus I don't have Lucas' trophy yet so I haven't examined it.
Here is the petition for everyone including :wolf::popo::lucas:. https://www.change.org/p/masahiro-s...or-super-smash-brothers-for-the-wii-u-and-3ds
Here is Wolf's(:wolf:) petition https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-a...t-to-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds#share
SIGN BOTH AS BACKUP!
So exactly do these petitions work are they garneted to work ?
Because I can't tell you how much I want my mains back:popo::lucas::wolf:
I miss them so very much :')

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wasn't wolf's trophy ported from assault or another star fox game? I also heard mewtwo's based of some artwork or something.

Regardless, I expect wolf to come back as downloadable, though IDK when..
Probably. Since Brawl, the trophies have been ripped from other games.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that if he comes back he will NOT have his SF 64 3D voice, it wouldn't get along his Assault / Command design mix up.

And by seeing how much they screw Fox and Falco in this game, I don't want any risks to be taken, his voice in Assault and Brawl is great and it should remain the same.

Also, could he haves an alternate costume (like Wario) where he would have his Assault pure design with color swaps ? Like, 4 color swaps for the Brawl design and 4 color swap for the Assault design ?

And finally, I really hope they take his collar off, I don't why this thing was here in the first place, it really isn't fitting for a character like Wolf.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Mewtwo as DLC? What's the matter, scared?
Guys, wait and see, We gonna have fun with this thing!

To me he may be already in development!

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Wolf is one the most deserving characters at this point, but he doesn't seem to get much love due to people not liking his moveset in Brawl, and that's a shame. It's also going to be weird to not be able to unlock Wolf's conversations in the Lylat Cruise stage. So I really hope he comes back as DLC.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I think Wolf is one the most deserving characters at this point, but he doesn't seem to get much love due to people not liking his moveset in Brawl, and that's a shame. It's also going to be weird to not be able to unlock Wolf's conversations in the Lylat Cruise stage. So I really hope he comes back as DLC.
His only competition is Lucas and I think they are coming as a veteran DLC Pack :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Wolf does make an comeback, I'm hoping his voice won't be as horrible as Fox's, Falco's or his Star Fox 64 3D voice. I mean why does he have a British accent in that game compared to his voice from Brawl? Also, I really like his side taunt when he says "What's the matter, scared?"

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
If Wolf does make an comeback, I'm hoping his voice won't be as horrible as Fox's, Falco's or his Star Fox 64 3D voice. I mean why does he have a British accent in that game compared to his voice from Brawl? Also, I really like his side taunt when he says "What's the matter, scared?"
Wolf has a bad-ass voice in every game he will be fine :')

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm really hoping Wolf is DLC, of course, next year according to Miyamoto is the Year of StarFox, so he may come back and bring Krystal along.

Also, forgive me if I seem out of line, but I've noticed that TumblrFamous and Rocket Raccoon now claim ownership over the Lucas and Lucario threads respectively, so I've been meaning to ask is this thread up for grabs? Not that I'm really desperate for getting Wolf back, im just asking.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
if Wolf comes back as a new fighter I am thinking if has a trailer it would start out as them fighting then you will see someone howling at the moon and it wolf then that is when you cue the fighting montage of his revamped moveset. guys share anymore ideas you have of how he might return!

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping Wolf is DLC, of course, next year according to Miyamoto is the Year of StarFox, so he may come back and bring Krystal along.

Also, forgive me if I seem out of line, but I've noticed that TumblrFamous and Rocket Raccoon now claim ownership over the Lucas and Lucario threads respectively, so I've been meaning to ask is this thread up for grabs? Not that I'm really desperate for getting Wolf back, im just asking.
MagnesD3 I think he was owner in alliance, but I don't think anyone actually owns threads here besides the people who made them.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
if Wolf comes back as a new fighter I am thinking if has a trailer it would start out as them fighting then you will see someone howling at the moon and it wolf then that is when you cue the fighting montage of his revamped moveset. guys share anymore ideas you have of how he might return!
You know I really want to say that Sakurai and the team will do a Brawl Pack
It will start with these two fighting :4ness::4fox: Then from no where you will see Blaster shots and a Pk Thunder come from out of no where from there. I haven't got nothing but I seriously see Wolf coming after Mewtwo with Lucas.
Support them :lucas:&:wolf:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Isn't Wolf's voice actor in the 3DS credits?
jus sayin'

Last edited:
Top Bottom