• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I really hope Wolf flash doesn't leave Wolf helpless in this game, because if it doesn't he could be really good competitively.
Plus alot of the villains are getting really good competitively so why not Wolf. Hopefully Sakurai is balancing him out as we speak.

mark welford

Smash Ace
here what is the leak has going for and against it.

For:
1.Sometimes beta placeholders are used for roster spots until final art is made.
2.Announcer says Mewtwo.
3.Picture that kind of describes the DLC Demo.

Against:
1.No cursor on CSS.
2.Renders for Wolf's and Bandana Dee's slots have been found.

Could not remember anymore if I do I will edit.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Then why did he put that under the "against" heading?
The things going for the leak like maybe the renders are beta placeholders and the things against the leak like Wolf and Bandanna Dee may have been photoshopped in. I personally won't believe the "leaker" until he shows me some proof of Wolf ( or Bandanna Dee and Isaac). Wolf is highly likely for DLC though.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Discussion:

Brit or Assault?
Brit Wolf would be consistent with the fact 64 3D's Fox and Falco did VA for SSB4.

If Wolf and Leon appear in Orbital Gate Assault's Smash Taunt, I'd be stoked for their 64 voices.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
The things going for the leak like maybe the renders are beta placeholders and the things against the leak like Wolf and Bandanna Dee may have been photoshopped in. I personally won't believe the "leaker" until he shows me some proof of Wolf ( or Bandanna Dee and Isaac). Wolf is highly likely for DLC though.
I find it hard to understand what you just said.

In the other dudes post he said that there were "leaked beta renders" that go against the leak, making me thing there was a leak different from the current one.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I find it hard to understand what you just said.

In the other dudes post he said that there were "leaked beta renders" that go against the leak, making me thing there was a leak different from the current one.

Yeah now I'm starting to get confused too.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Fellow wolf supporters.

I'm getting pretty excited for tomorrow even though I got work, BUT I'm thinking the direct will end with Super Smash Bros coverage with Wolf and Krystal being announced as DLC.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Fellow wolf supporters.

I'm getting pretty excited for tomorrow even though I got work, BUT I'm thinking the direct will end with Super Smash Bros coverage with Wolf and Krystal being announced as DLC.
No it's way to early if they're gonna use them as advertising for Star fox wii u, we won't hear about it till at least early 2015 if it is gonna happen

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
All of that would mean a large overhaul like what happened to Pit, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus, and is what's likely happening to Mewtwo. Damage values, different models, animation, and then you have to balance it.
Yeah, it's the same reason Ganondorf was cut, they would have had to change him to reflect his appearance and fighting style in Hyrule Warriors.

Honestly Sakurai does what he feels like and he doesn't need to look for "excuses" to do things; I really doubt Wolf will play any differently when if he comes back, although I do expect new specials so that he can no longer possibly be considered a clone by any stretch of the imagination.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
No it's way to early if they're gonna use them as advertising for Star fox wii u, we won't hear about it till at least early 2015 if it is gonna happen
That's a good point. For Miyamoto to say that 2015 will be the Year of Star Fox he must have great things in store for the franchise. I hope if we get some DLC in Smash 4 in order to market the new game that it would not only be characters take take up a slot but also character alts and stages as well. Sakurai introduced character alts with the Kooplings and Olimar having Alph, who's to say that he can't add more for the other series represented in smash bros? It would be a great and way to take advantage of adding more characters to the roster and would certainly take less time than making a newcomer from scratch. Like if some of the characters on the roster Fox gets James Mccloud and Bill, Falco with Katt Monroe, Krystal with Palutena, Pigma with Duck Hunt (scum bag with zoning play style) Slippy with Mega Man or Link and etc. Of course certain characters are an exception to be their own characters on the roster like Wolf, Krystal, Slippy and Peppy(Slippy and Peppy are too fat and slow to be fighting lightning fast like Fox or Falco, plus their other jobs with Slippy being a mechanic and Peppy as a master tactician would be great potential for a move set) but this is just an idea I had for a while.

I should just make a DLC thread for Star Fox content. 2015 is going to be interesting.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Doesn't Fox have wolf's specials? That could be an issue.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Doesn't Fox have wolf's specials? That could be an issue.
I think so. Falco looks like he has Wolf's bair. I haven't unlocked both of their customs yet so I can't say. It seems like he would have the same problem as Lucas if he would to return but only be a character alt due to ness and Fox having their specials for customs, and Ness having Lucas' dair. And Sakurai was going to have Wolf back in melee as a clone so if he would bring him back as DLC would he a Fox clone character alt, a Fox clone with his own roster slot or or how he was in Brawl with his own roster slot?

Last edited:

zwalk2

Smash Rookie
I am a Wolf supporter, as I started to love playing as him while doing a Brawl splurge before SSB4 came out (he even became my main), and because the title of this thread is perfect.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Me personally I'm pissed they got rid of wolf, being an avid Falco user I always used wolf kind of as a secondary main and liked his unique attacks as opposed to Falco/Fox. It's even got to the point that when I do my practicing vs lvl9 Fox CPU I put him in the Wolf costume (lol)

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Me personally I'm pissed they got rid of wolf, being an avid Falco user I always used wolf kind of as a secondary main and liked his unique attacks as opposed to Falco/Fox. It's even got to the point that when I do my practicing vs lvl9 Fox CPU I put him in the Wolf costume (lol)
With Project M I think he's in a better place...

the8thark

Smash Lord
I missed my Melee main :roymelee:
So I moved on to main :wolf: in Brawl. Now he is missed.
I wonder if my SSB4 main will be cut from SSB5.

Spirst

I missed my Melee main :roymelee:
So I moved on to main :wolf: in Brawl. Now he is missed.
I wonder if my SSB4 main will be cut from SSB5.
Similar story as I used :mewtwomelee: very heavily in Melee and he was cut.

Then I mained :pt: in Brawl and used :snake: heavily but both were cut.

Now I main :4greninja: and use :4duckhunt: heavily and both seem the types to be at risk of being cut. At least Mewtwo is coming back.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I only miss Mewtwo and Ice Climbers. I kinda miss squirtle/ivysaur - but I never used them anyways.

Really - Snake was cool, but had no place in a nintendo's all-stars game. Lucas - meh, ness clone, no reason mother needs 2 characters. Wolf...I think Krystal is more worthy. Roy/pichu = super unnecessary and uninspired clones.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
In short, no, I don't miss Wolf. They at least gave Fox some of his specials for those that did main Wolf. (Not sure about all, I didn't unlock all of Fox's customs yet.)

Now I main :4greninja: and use :4duckhunt: heavily and both seem the types to be at risk of being cut. At least Mewtwo is coming back.
For me Duck Hunt has the same feel as G&W for his placement in the game, as a result I don't think he'll get cut from future games if they make anymore. Duck Hunt also seems like a replacement for Snake as far as the whole set up traps game goes.

S-roy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sroach
3DS FC
2449-4855-9916
Add me to the supporters list please and thanks.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
With Project M I think he's in a better place...
I'm missing Lucas far more to be honest. Ness is just boring.

So do you guys support Wolf's return?
Wolf is leading the poll!
There is a direct tomorrow so It's Hyping time.
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So what are the chances that we might get another teaser for Star Fox Wii U tomorrow? I'm not exoecting Wolf DLC but you you never know.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
:popo: it's only a matter of time.
For some reason I get the feeling that the only way Sakurai could make Ice Climbers work for the 3ds and the Wii U is if he buffs Popo as a single character and makes Nana and alt character with her own 4 color costumes. The Condor would be their new recovery. Unless he makes them more like a Duck Hunt character and have them fight as one.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Apparently, Wolf is the only one I'm interested in seeing making a comeback as a DLC character alongside Snake. I really don't care about Lucas nor the Ice Climbers.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well nothing new in the direct except a Majora's Mask 3D announcement. Just Duck Hunt's trailer... Wow Sakurai that's really hypeworthy, It would have worked if a DLC announcement had accompanied it.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I can't take this anymore my online experience is like ass I cant beat anyone because I have been stripped of my mains :'(
You don't know how hard it is to adjust to these guys in their Smash 4 form. :4ness::4shulk::4tlink::4pacman::4rob:
I hate this I need one and/or all of them back :'(
:popo:
Anyone else feel the loss ?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It's very possible we won't get another DLC announcement until next year. It apparently takes a year(+) to balance a single character.

Top Bottom