• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Brawl was definitely good, and I agree with the better newcomers.
Melee was too jittery\spastic for me, too many buttons to press to just slide forward a bit.

I would play Brawl more but its HARD to go back and play the others after Sm4sh. The control shift
makes it feel unresponsive in the previous titles even though I've felt like I played them just yesterday.
I'll happily SD multiple times trying to meteor with Wolf tho. :)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's absolute sacrilege, but yeah, I prefer Brawl over every other Smash Bros. game. Mainly because of the newcomers. I like all but two of Brawl's newcomers, and I only like four of 4's. Not to mention that the Brawl CPUs weren't rock dumb like Melee's or blatant cheaters like 4's.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I honestly enjoyed all of the Smash 4 newcomers except Wii Fit Trainer and the Miis. I honestly felt like at the time, they had no place in the series. I still haven't got accustomed to Ryu. Some of my favorite newcomers in this one would have to be Mega Man, Rosalina, Palutena, Pac-Man, and Shulk.

It's absolute sacrilege, but yeah, I prefer Brawl over every other Smash Bros. game. Mainly because of the newcomers. I like all but two of Brawl's newcomers, and I only like four of 4's. Not to mention that the Brawl CPUs weren't rock dumb like Melee's or blatant cheaters like 4's.
Your sig says it all.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Your sig says it all.
My sig is mainly referring to how it's become way too big for its own good. Not only can it forever affect (not always for the better) a character's portrayal or reputation both in and out of it (Meta-Knight, Captain Falcon, Wario, Zero Suit Samus) its now viewed as some sort of quality benchmark. Once a character gets in, they are objectively a perfect fit and super important to Nintendo's history and you are not allowed to disagree. On the other hand, if they don't make it in, they're boring or too big or whatever and they and their fans should be mocked and ridiculed for not having fate smile upon them.

To add to that, the speculation scene has become tremendously ugly. Its endless ****flinging about X character is better than Y, and that Y has all this against them and X has everything for them, which at the end of the day is just 'my tastes > your tastes'. The ballot only exacerbated this. I don't remember people behaving like this during the Brawl days.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
When i first played melee, I didn't know most characters so my favorite character became my favorite based on their play style not my history with them, and it continued that way for both brawl and sm4sh, even though with each game I knew more and more on who the characters are (none of smash 4's character are characters I never heard of before), I still judge them mostly based on play style. It's pretty hard for me to say if I prefer brawl's or smash 4's roster more (newcomer wise, with veterans smash 4 easily wins). From brawl I really like::wolf::sonic::metaknight::diddy::rob::pt::pit:(Like him more in smash 4 than brawl):lucas::zerosuitsamus:
And smash 4::4greninja::4pacman::4littlemac::4ryu::4bowserjr::4robinm::4duckhunt::4wiifit:. ( I like every character in the game to a certain extent and there are also chars my opinion changed on between games,like only in smash 4 did I get into really liking :4falco: and :4mario:and :4mewtwo:and :4pikachu:, and brawl was when I first got into :popo: and :gw:, also I change my opinion on characters sometimes in one game).

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
The year is 20XX.

The ballot still has not closed.

ps go spam a few thousand more wolf votes

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely love Brawl just because Wolf is in it. Besides my Wii stopped working and had to send it to repair while playing online and Sheik was chosen at the CSS.
If I knew Wolf was going to be cut from Sm4sh I would have chosen :wolf: every freaking time at online though. Now Wii's online is dead. (Inb4 Project M and Wii hacks) but still, officially down.

No one really knows, but it's fair to say that he has a pretty decent chance.
This!
Wolf chances haven't been lowered any single time, let's say "stopped raising" since Star Fox Zero got delayed. While other characters (like King K. Rool and his Mii costume) made people speculate...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My sig is mainly referring to how it's become way too big for its own good. Not only can it forever affect (not always for the better) a character's portrayal or reputation both in and out of it (Meta-Knight, Captain Falcon, Wario, Zero Suit Samus) its now viewed as some sort of quality benchmark. Once a character gets in, they are objectively a perfect fit and super important to Nintendo's history and you are not allowed to disagree. On the other hand, if they don't make it in, they're boring or too big or whatever and they and their fans should be mocked and ridiculed for not having fate smile upon them.

To add to that, the speculation scene has become tremendously ugly. Its endless ****flinging about X character is better than Y, and that Y has all this against them and X has everything for them, which at the end of the day is just 'my tastes > your tastes'. The ballot only exacerbated this. I don't remember people behaving like this during the Brawl days.
That's more of a problem with the people and community rather than the games themselves, to be absolutely honest.

I mean, my only wanted character right now is Wolf and this is the only support thread where I can still bother to post, even though I used to be way more active in the past than right now, because frankly, I'm getting tired of character speculation.

I just want Wolf as DLC and everything else is just a neat bonus. When the final roster was revealed, the only negative points about it for me were the lack of Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf. With two of them already back, I really can't complain that much. Any other characters aren't a bad thing: Roy and Ryu were good additions, one being a veteran not seen since Melee with a great redesign and the other being a huge video game icon who's appeared in many crossovers before.

This said, I do want Wolf to return, if only to have all my desires granted at last, but at the same time, I'll appreciate the new additions brought to the franchise. I won't be spiteful and bash other characters and their fans just because my wanted characters didn't make it. That's the problem with speculation nowadays: people want their characters and see all other potential characters and their fans as if they were their personal enemies. Even Brawl's speculation had this, though not to the same extent, as far as I can recall.

They have to accept it's impossible for the developers to satisfy everyone: characters can and will be left out. Even now, I must be prepared for the possibility that Wolf may not be in Smash 4 at all, not even as DLC. Brawl didn't have any of the characters I wanted and removed Mewtwo, one of my favorite characters in Smash, but I didn't let that stop me from trying out the new characters and appreciate the additions Brawl brought to the franchise.

Back to Wolf, even if he doesn't get in, I know I did what I could to make it possible: he was the only character I voted in the ballot. My reasoning was simple: I wanted one of my favorite characters in Brawl back. That's all I've wanted for Smash 4 ever since Mewtwo and Lucas were confirmed, which happened to be the same day as the ballot's opening. All I can do now is hope for the best. I'm actually curious to see how things will turn out and what characters will join the roster. I know that I will want to try playing as them at least once.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I absolutely love Brawl just because Wolf is in it. Besides my Wii stopped working and had to send it to repair while playing online and Sheik was chosen at the CSS.
If I knew Wolf was going to be cut from Sm4sh I would have chosen :wolf: every freaking time at online though. Now Wii's online is dead. (Inb4 Project M and Wii hacks) but still, officially down.

This!
Wolf chances haven't been lowered any single time, let's say "stopped raising" since Star Fox Zero got delayed. While other characters (like King K. Rool and his Mii costume) made people speculate...
Wait,what did Sheik do

Did it make your Wii die

Wii Want U to add Wolf(PERFECT ADVERTISMENT)

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Yes, that's why they all have the colour red and a fire attack in some way.
Is that why they all speak in an abnormal way?

"ALL TOASTERS TOAST TOAST!"
"(TODDLER VOICE)"
"EEEEEEEYYAAAAHHHHH!!!"
"TASKGRFNURYUKEN!"
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yes Sheik made my Wii basically die. Had to replace its lector, mehp, and it worked again, reading discs.
Sheik said don't select me, select Wolf insted.
That reminds me of how one of my Wiis died. I was playing Metroid Prime 2 on Trilogy and I shot a door to open it. Door didn't open so I figured I'd explore the room some more until the door opened. Few seconds later it says the disc could not be read and I was like 'wtf?' I find out shortly after that my Wii flat out stopped being able to read discs. That's partly why I don't like Prime 2 xD. It basically said 'no, you don't get to play me or anything until you go spend another $100 on a new Wii'.

Also, seeing that last bit reminds me of what ZeRo said in one of his analysis videos 'don't pick Bowser, pick Sheik'.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the saying will change to 'don't pick Sheik, pick Wolf'.

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
That reminds me of how one of my Wiis died. I was playing Metroid Prime 2 on Trilogy and I shot a door to open it. Door didn't open so I figured I'd explore the room some more until the door opened. Few seconds later it says the disc could not be read and I was like 'wtf?' I find out shortly after that my Wii flat out stopped being able to read discs. That's partly why I don't like Prime 2 xD. It basically said 'no, you don't get to play me or anything until you go spend another $100 on a new Wii'.

Also, seeing that last bit reminds me of what ZeRo said in one of his analysis videos 'don't pick Bowser, pick Sheik'.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the saying will change to 'don't pick Sheik, pick Wolf'.
I sure hope not, everyone would use Wolf and he'd get the "top tier" status, something mains shouldn't be proud of if you ask me.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I sure hope not, everyone would use Wolf and he'd get the "top tier" status, something mains shouldn't be proud of if you ask me.
Ha, it was largely a joke anyways. Heck, regardless of Wolf's tier placement I can imagine most of us here will still follow the 'don't pick Sheik, pick Wolf' mentality.

Furret24

Smash Master
Ha, it was largely a joke anyways. Heck, regardless of Wolf's tier placement I can imagine most of us here will still follow the 'don't pick Sheik, pick Wolf' mentality.
Probably because everyone hates Rosaluma and Sheik.

Also, 800 posts from me. Yay.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Probably because everyone hates Rosaluma and Sheik.

Also, 800 posts from me. Yay.
Well that and we're in a Wolf support thread =P. I enjoy using Rosa and Sheik but they are far less enjoyable than other characters and will be less enjoyable than Wolf for sure. And congrats on the 800 posts.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just talked to a couple of people

You think sakurai next to shantes creator means shes in.

2 major mistakes

1 sakurai visited platinum and is wonder-red or banonetta playable? Nope.

2 that twitter post was not made by sakurai, the monondo post picture was by sakurai and shulk got in.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Everyone in the Twitch chat for The Big House 5 tournament keeps saying Wolf is back. Quit playing games with my heart :(

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Guy´s did you notice that the movies are down.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/movielist/
And you know what this means :D
Oh **** it actually is down.
Everyone in the Twitch chat for The Big House 5 tournament keeps saying Wolf is back. Quit playing games with my heart :(
Nintendo of America is partnering with Big House 5...
Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica Oct 3

We’re partnering with The Big House 5 #SmashBros tourney this weekend. Good luck to all of the competitors!Watch now: http://twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I come from germany here are all movies there but on the us website the movies are down. The same happens last time when he got the 4th Mii Wave Costumes.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Is it really happening? Like for real this time? Or will I have my heart crushed again? Not sure how much more my heart can take, actually. Today will either be sweet victory or severe disappointment yet again :(.

Let's howl for good luck!

AWOOOOOOOHOOO!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's what happened to me today when I was playing Classic mode on 3DS:
- Vs. Fox on Corneria
- Star Wolf Theme was the background music
- Got a Wolf trophy upon clearing the stage

The game teased me hard.

PS: I was playing as Lucas, by the way.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Is it really happening? Like for real this time? Or will I have my heart crushed again? Not sure how much more my heart can take, actually. Today will either be sweet victory or severe disappointment yet again :(.

Let's howl for good luck!

AWOOOOOOOHOOO!
Sweet victory?
Here's what happened to me today when I was playing Classic mode on 3DS:
- Vs. Grey Fox on Corneria
- Star Wolf Theme was the background music
- Got a Wolf trophy upon clearing the stage

The game teased me hard.

PSI: I was playing as Lucas, by the way.
Were you scared by the teasing?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. Looks like the movie list thing is not what it seems after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom