• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Nope, still OPEN for me.

Just in case, I threw two extra votes from different devices (phone and Laptop) to our fellow Lupine leader and Crocodilian Monarch, ruffians. :denzel:

:bowser:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
One lol thing I realized but, In Melee, Fox art :foxmelee: was facing to the right, and Wolf weren't playable.

In Brawl :fox: Fox art was looking to the left, and Wolf did make it. :wolf: to the right, assuming if they made Wolf look to the left, we wouldn't get to see his "good eye".

In Sm4sh, :4fox: Fox's art is once again facing left. Just leaving this here.

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Check for yourself, it's only the Japanese poll that is closed. Weird.
View attachment 76617

UPDATE;

The buttons linking to the ballots are also gone for all regions. But by direct link, the English polls are still open.
Yes, just checked. Direct link is still there, but the link from the official smash site is gone!

HYPE? NO? Ok...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
BIZARRE SPECULATION TIME: Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf were added in the later stages of Brawl and asre unlockable after the Subspace emissary. Each one had a challenger stage. Toon Link had Pirate Ship, Jigglypuff had Pokemon Stadium 2, and Wolf had Lylat Cruise. In Sm4sh 4, two of those characters and two of the stages reappeared--Wolf and Pirate ship drew the short stick--but now, with Pirate ship returning, WOLF CONFIRMED-- lol I have too much time to think

Also, how do you take a whole year to create a Star Fox stage and not think "gee, Wolf would sure look awesome here!" It's blasphemy I tell you!
I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Monday, 8:56 AM October 5, 2015. Still no sign of Wolf or Ballot news. Feeling...maximum withdrawals.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So here are three rumored characters;

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

I believe we're getting a fourth character, and that character would most likely be Wolf, he's very requested, very popular, and he's got enough to be his own unique character from Fox, I don't see why not.

Furret24

Smash Master

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

I believe we're getting a fourth character, and that character would most likely be Wolf, he's very requested, very popular, and he's got enough to be his own unique character from Fox, I don't see why not.
Two 3rd Party characters?

No.
:gawmelee:

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

As I said in BDee thread yesterday, I really doubt that we're going to get two third-parties, especially two indies.

(What's the rumor about BDee? You mean the Shovel Knight company's (don't remember the name) tweet?)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Shovel Knight
Bandana Dee
Shantae

Ok now im going to ask

Where did you get this rumor?

WE ARE NOT GETTING TWO 3RD PARTIES!!!!

I think this rumor guy is only saying shante because of that twitter post of wayward with sakurai

That idiot doesn't realize 2 things

1 sakurai did a suprise visit to platinum and no character came from them in smash 4, that could be the case for this hes just visiting wayward like he did with platinum.

2 that twitter post was not by sakurai it was waywards post, and shulks monondo sword post was by sakurai and he did get in.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As I said in BDee thread yesterday, I really doubt that we're going to get two third-parties, especially two indies.

(What's the rumor about BDee? You mean the Shovel Knight company's (don't remember the name) tweet?)
Well they're showing some sort of credibility, but take them with a grain of salt if you will.
Ok now im going to ask

Where did you get this rumor?

WE ARE NOT GETTING TWO 3RD PARTIES!!!!

I think this rumor guy is only saying shante because of that twitter post of wayward with sakurai

That idiot doesn't realize 2 things

1 sakurai did a suprise visit to platinum and no character came from them in smash 4, that could be the case for this hes just visiting wayward like he did with platinum.

2 that twitter post was not by sakurai it was waywards post, and shulks monondo sword post was by sakurai and he did get in.
Just saying, they're only rumors, we don't know what it is, and nothing is final.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ok good

But this may have killed it

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

Thats how they pick third partys

(Probably how they're going to pick ballot winners.)
Hm... Interesting. It's possible however that Sakurai was paying homage to the fans in terms of Shantae and Shovel Knight, after all, Shovel Knight was very popular during the first few months of the ballot, and Shantae has been a very popular choice. It's also an homage to the indie community. Still, it is very strange.

Last edited:

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
No offense to the supporters, but why is Shantae suddenly so popular?
I've never even heard of her before the ballot happened and I doubt that many people, including the voters, have.
Is this just a bandwagon kind of thing or what.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've never even heard of her before the ballot happened and I doubt that many people, including the voters, have.
It's very similar to Shulk, he was often a bandwagon character.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that I love this group. We are all supporting to not only Wolf, but each other!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
It's very similar to Shulk, he was often a bandwagon character.
What qualifies as a bandwagon character? I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles but I hear it was a successful Wii RPG game.

Edit: I think I just answered my own question.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I can actually see Shovel Knight getting in (even though I'd rather have other characters)--he is a knight who uses shovels and I feel that would merit a unique moveset. But I'm not as sure about Bandana or Shantae--I see Shantae as a Sheik-esque character and other than a spear, what could Bandana Dee do to differentiate from Kirby, Meta Knight, and Jigglypuff? I'm not wanting to hate, I'm actually curios. Convince me! And keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who wants Pichu back XD

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Since the last rumor about Wolf, Krool and Bomberman, I really want Bomberman to be in, idk why. Maybe I just enjoyed the Gamecube game to much...

But I heared the ballot in NA ended too as well, so thats good I guess!

Furret24

Smash Master
I've known about her since 2010, if that stands for anything.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Everyone in the Twitch chat for The Big House 5 tournament keeps saying Wolf is back. Quit playing games with my heart :(
I saw that

It stopped when something hyped happened

Which makes me wonder what the chat said when Joe beat ZeRo(too many PogChamps)

Was like"I SHALL NOT BE TROLLED"Only checked twice for Wolf news,but nothing came up sadly :(
View attachment 76491
Hop on everyone. You know this train won't stop for anything!
but the final dude drops,the train stops in Hypeville

Wolf
Bomberman
K.Rool

I believe we're getting a fourth character, and that character would most likely be Bandanna Dee, he's very requested, very popular, and he's got enough to be his own unique character from the other Kirby characters, I don't see why not.
FTFY ;)
Two 3rd Party characters?

No.
We don't need two indies

But Shantae is probably gonna make it in(Sakurai went to WayForward for something)so maybe that leak with Wolf,Bomberman and K.Rool is sadly fake,kinda like Tower of Smash.

R.I.Pepperoni K.Rool :(
never forget

April 2015-August/October 2015

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Here's a scary thought--why hasn't Tingle gotten a mii costume?

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
"The character must carry game history with them."
So...does that mean shovel knight is out?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
"The character must carry game history with them."
So...does that mean shovel knight is out?
I'm unsure on that, but I'm willing to wager that it would mean yes, he's ruled out, on one hand, at the time of both :pichumelee:'s and :4darkpit:'s inclusions, neither really carried much game history with them, but I think the clones are held to a lower standard, there's no way we would have ever got a fully unique Pichu or Dark Pit that had their own unique movesets, so I think their exceptions to the rule.

Regardless of what this means for Shovel Knight, this is excellent news for us, since it proves Sakurai cares about how much history a character has and I think we can all agree that :wolf: has a vast amount of game history, right?

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm unsure on that, but I'm willing to wager that it would mean yes, he's ruled out, on one hand, at the time of both :pichumelee:'s and :4darkpit:'s inclusions, neither really carried much game history with them, but I think the clones are held to a lower standard, there's no way we would have ever got a fully unique Pichu or Dark Pit that had their own unique movesets, so I think their exceptions to the rule.

Regardless of what this means for Shovel Knight, this is excellent news for us, since it proves Sakurai cares about how much history a character has and I think we can all agree that :wolf: has a vast amount of game history, right?
Well Pichu and Dark Pit come from a game series with history while the characters are new. Shulk is an exception to this rule--but even then Shulk is a Nintendo character
Also, I just realized, compared to other cuts, Wolf has no excuse to be absent. Ice Climbers and Snake with their whole Issue thing, Ivysaur and Squirtle aren't iconic enough to be DLC, Pichu is too cute, Young Link is kinda redundant--but....why no Wolf? Can't even use the "second Fox" argument cause *ahem* Roy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom