• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here I go! AWOOOOOOOOOOHHHH! Hopefully, something good will happen.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
To keep my hype under control, I simply exit smashboards, do something unrelated to smash, then come back and see if there's any new news.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Not sure, to be honest, though everybody else got hyped so now I'm hyped and we're all on the hype train and we're not sure where it's going.
Let's hope it's somewhere...i'm starting to think Sakurai hates wolf, why is he making us wait so long? Surely if he started in june he should've completed a character by now

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Let's hope it's somewhere...i'm starting to think Sakurai hates wolf, why is he making us wait so long? Surely if he started in june he should've completed a character by now
If he hated wolf, I don't think he would have made it to brawl in the first place.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If he hated wolf, I don't think he would have made it to brawl in the first place.
True maybe i'm just being paranoid now, but still why is it taking this long? Was it to promote zero in November? Hopefully he didn't push him to next March

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
It looks like it's still open when I look at the official site. That's weird....

Don't worry, I'm sure it's coming soon.
I think the votes cast now won't count since its past October 3rd but the ballot will probably officially close tomorrow since it is the weekend right now and I don't know if the people who work the ballot take weekends off.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Honestly, it's nothing. Don't know why everyone loses their hats over the movies being down--I would LOVE to be proven wrong but this is less convincing than the maintenance theory.

I do have a little mental pin placed on the October 14th Direct rumor--seems like a reasonable time to announce stuff regarding the ballot and possibly DLC. You know, in hindsight, I think it would've been better to release Roy & Ryu apart from Lucas for the August direct--Lucas could've carried his own through the summer and then Roy for the Fire Emblem concert and Ryu should've been in the infamous Castle update. But since they released all three at once, it kinda gave us high expectations for the future

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, I'm not sure if he specifically said that, but he has said that he hates cutting veterans and will only do so when absolutely necessary.
Sure, I remember him saying that he would try to keep as many characters as he possibly could, but I suppose it was just the luck of the draw the way things turned out.

....Or he held off on Wolf due to SFZ, which seems to be a common theory.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well, I'm not sure if he specifically said that, but he has said that he hates cutting veterans and will only do so when absolutely necessary.
But in what way was it "absolutely necessary" for him to cut Wolf. I understand the cuts of IC's and Snake but the other Brawl cuts were completely unjustified imo

Furret24

Smash Master
But in what way was it "absolutely necessary" for him to cut Wolf. I understand the cuts of IC's and Snake but the other Brawl cuts were completely unjustified imo
I blame time constraints. Smash games have always been rushed (except 64).
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wolf was probably gonna be in smash 4 if they had more time. Well thanks to dlc they do. The only excuse i would accept would be if some wolf hater extremist held a gun to his head, other than that there is no excuse to leave wolf out of dlc.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
SO THE MOVIE PART OF THE SITE IS DOWN...?! WHAT COULD THIS MEAN...?!

COULD WE GET A REMAKE OF THIS IN SM4SH, MAYBE...?!

OH, THE POSSIBILITIES...! :wolf:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
BIZARRE SPECULATION TIME: Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf were added in the later stages of Brawl and asre unlockable after the Subspace emissary. Each one had a challenger stage. Toon Link had Pirate Ship, Jigglypuff had Pokemon Stadium 2, and Wolf had Lylat Cruise. In Sm4sh 4, two of those characters and two of the stages reappeared--Wolf and Pirate ship drew the short stick--but now, with Pirate ship returning, WOLF CONFIRMED-- lol I have too much time to think

Also, how do you take a whole year to create a Star Fox stage and not think "gee, Wolf would sure look awesome here!" It's blasphemy I tell you!

Last edited:

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
My speculation:
Either Wolf becomes DLC at some point, or I will be more than mildly upset.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
Wolf is gonna be in, so no doubt about it. Also this is my dog and probably first and last time howling:

Top Bottom