• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else finding it hard to Glide Toss? Out of every glide toss attempt I did, all of them failed.

I first noticed it when I failed to Glide Toss with Ganon in a Ganon vs ZSS match. I figured that I was just a bit rusty with the exact timing for Ganon. Also seeing as ZSS's armor pieces were gone before I could further test it, I just let it go.

Then I got to play against a few friends. When I got around to playing as Peach I found that she could no longer Glide Toss. She is one of the easier ones, after all. I know my timing was, and is, correct to do it. It just doesn't work for her. It doesn't matter which direction I roll and which direction I throw. I stopped a match just to test this and couldn't do it.

What happens when I attempt it is I seem to move in the roll direction for about 1/8 of Peach's width and then I throw the turnip.

I'd post this in the question thread, but, in the event that this change was intentional, I'd like to know why and discuss it. Glide Tossing is a rather important part to Peach's game.

Just to make sure that this isn't an error, I'm going to re-install Brawl+ using the Homebrew App. I'll then re-install it by hand if I still have the same issues.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Oh, wow. Mecakoto, I was about to ask the same question.

One of my friends, a Peach+ main, just called me, pissed off, saying that he couldn't glidetoss with Peach. He eventually said he could forward toss with her, but it was difficult. And I know he isn't bad at glidetossing because he mains ZSS in vBrawl, and he glidetosses backwards, which I've never even done sucessfully.

I demand to know about this glidetossing stuff as well! Mostly so my friend won't be upset anymore.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Glide tossing is still in. My friend, who's not very good at this game was doing it quite easily earlier today with Peach and ROB. I was still doing it with Diddy Kong the same way I was doing it back in vbrawl.

Since I use wiichuck, I tried it on my friend's GC controller to see if I couldn't do it. I still could.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wow. Mecakoto, I was about to ask the same question.

One of my friends, a Peach+ main, just called me, pissed off, saying that he couldn't glidetoss with Peach. He eventually said he could forward toss with her, but it was difficult. And I know he isn't bad at glidetossing because he mains ZSS in vBrawl, and he glidetosses backwards, which I've never even done sucessfully.

I demand to know about this glidetossing stuff as well! Mostly so my friend won't be upset anymore.
Normally when we Glide Toss, we think of it as Roll -> Throw item in the beginning of the animation because that is exactly what it is. When we make it part of our game and are able to do it with any roll in any direction, we stop thinking about exactly how it's performed. Kind of like Wavedashing. You just do it. That being said...

I went back to vBrawl and analyzed exactly what I was doing. At first it looked like I was rolling without the shield popping up and throwing the item. Every glide toss in vBrawl was successful.

I went back to Brawl+ to take a look at the difference. I only managed to Glide Toss if I allowed my shield to come up first. If I tried to do it by just simply rolling, the shield pops up and then I throw the item.

I tried some things and found that this only happens if I have a directional input before I press the shield button. If I press the shield button first THEN press a direction, I can Glide Toss like usual.

Edit: (removed engrish)

This issue seems to stem from how people perform Rolls. The part of the Peach+ community that this will effect will be the ones that input a direction first and then press a shield button. See summery.

Just as an added note: 5.0 did not have this issue, so it must be something that was updated or new from 5.0 to now.

I'll do some more tests. I'll see how Glide Tossing is for the entire cast in "Near-Gold" that also had good distanced Glide Tosses in vBrawl.

Edit:

In summary:
Direction -> Shield for Roll doesn't seem to work anymore for Glide Tossing.
Shield -> Direction does seem to still work though.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
In summary:
Shield -> Direction does seem to still work though.
Doesn't that mean that glidetossing while rolling backwards wouldn't work well? From what I could tell, I only glide tossed, while rolling backwards with Peach, every once in awhile. Most of the time, she barely moved.

*EDIT*
Actually, this is kinda odd. I normally shield before I move the c-stick in a direction. I'm getting it to work more often when I try to think about it, but it's still kind of odd. Shield before direction or not, I get mixed results. A glidetoss, a barely moves, etc, repeat.

Also, DACIT still works, but I think glidetossing should be as easy as it always is though. Because the only real time I'd DACIT is if I had an item that can't be glidetossed, like Link's bombs.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I haven't been able to find any problems with glide tossing that any of you are talking about.

Although the way it's being said, it sounds like glide tossing may have been made a bit more precise. Probably better that way.

EDIT: Wait, since when couldn't we glide toss with Link Bombs?

Also, my error in the updater is "could not open gameconfig.txt for writing." and instantly closes.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Multi-Quotes FTW

Yeah I noticed that as well. Any particular reason for this? What does it mean? :confused:
ok, what about common5? should i delete it?
If common5 is still there and works, you don't have to delete it, it's just there for the buffer and CSP stuff :p

Anyone else finding it hard to Glide Toss? Out of every glide toss attempt I did, all of them failed.

I first noticed it when I failed to Glide Toss with Ganon in a Ganon vs ZSS match. I figured that I was just a bit rusty with the exact timing for Ganon. Also seeing as ZSS's armor pieces were gone before I could further test it, I just let it go.

Then I got to play against a few friends. When I got around to playing as Peach I found that she could no longer Glide Toss. She is one of the easier ones, after all. I know my timing was, and is, correct to do it. It just doesn't work for her. It doesn't matter which direction I roll and which direction I throw. I stopped a match just to test this and couldn't do it.

What happens when I attempt it is I seem to move in the roll direction for about 1/8 of Peach's width and then I throw the turnip.

I'd post this in the question thread, but, in the event that this change was intentional, I'd like to know why and discuss it. Glide Tossing is a rather important part to Peach's game.

Just to make sure that this isn't an error, I'm going to re-install Brawl+ using the Homebrew App. I'll then re-install it by hand if I still have the same issues.
Glide tossing is still in. My friend, who's not very good at this game was doing it quite easily earlier today with Peach and ROB. I was still doing it with Diddy Kong the same way I was doing it back in vbrawl.

Since I use wiichuck, I tried it on my friend's GC controller to see if I couldn't do it. I still could.
I tried glide tossing with Sonic on a classic controller and it still worked fine for me when I played.

Okay, we have a bug.
Updater option 3 downloads snapshots for 5.0.

I am gonna build a GUI updater tomorrow in C#
Ill submit a updated title screen tomorrow!
I didn't expect that many bugs in the updater, but apparently there are some I can't figure out for the life of me. Also, the al_5-0.bin is actually the 6.0 snapshot, and the title screen is semi-edited (I just replaced 5.0 RC1 with 6.0 Gold with Paint), but if you got a better one, I'll upload it ;)

For reference:
http://brawlplus.net/dl.php?premade=1 -- Pre-made pack downloads
http://brawlplus.net/dl.php? -- Gecko OS method download
http://brawlplus.net/dl.php?s=1 -- Snapshot method download
http://brawlplus.net/dl.php?com=1 -- B+ without Homebrew download
http://brawlplus.net/dl.php?fighteronly=1 -- Fighter PAC and B+ GCT only

Add &team=1 for team textures.

I haven't been able to find any problems with glide tossing that any of you are talking about.

Although the way it's being said, it sounds like glide tossing may have been made a bit more precise. Probably better that way.

EDIT: Wait, since when couldn't we glide toss with Link Bombs?

Also, my error in the updater is "could not open gameconfig.txt for writing." and instantly closes.
^ One bug I can't figure out. Is your SD card switch on the side set to read only?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Link never had a glide toss. I also didn't need to put up my shield when I was dribbling banana peels back and forth across the ground. Maybe buffer is screwing you guys up.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
yeah, for the people with glide toss problem, Can you try it with a higher buffer and see what happens?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Weird, I also have trouble with glide tossing...the timing is obviously different from previous sets....

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have been doing it fine.

I've been regularly glide tossing as G&W, and he has one of the hardest glide tosses to perform in the game.
I've seen Peach and Diddy glidetoss fine as well, though it wasn't me actually doing it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've always glidetossed using the C stick for more control over where I'm throwing.

And I just turned on Smash, and I was dribbling back and forth fine with Diddy. He has an easy glide toss, but even one banana dribbling takes some effort... Meh, either some strange DL happened, or people are on placebos.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
I have a question since there really isnt a changelist at the moment but maybe it will answer my question but what did you guys do to fox. He feels inadequate to falco and wolf. I mean I was playing him alot in 5.0 and now it just seems hes garbage. I mean his shine has litterally like no invisble hit or something I mean comon I was standing right next to a Dedede tried doing shine and nothing happend. Was this intentional?

Also what is the deal with Lucario and Diddy Kong why dont those 2 have snap to ledges? I mean I understand you want to remove it for characters for ledge gaurding purposes but diddy's comeback is horrible has been since 4.1 Brawl+ and Now so is Lucarios due to Lucarios doesnt attack and now even if you try to use UpB for Side grabbing he hits the wall then just dies.

Dont get me wrong I love Brawl+ it just seems that some of these changes are a little extreme. Also why can Captain Falcon still chainGrab?

Revven

FrankerZ
1. CF can't CG if your opponent knows how to DI.

2. Lucario with no special fall plus autosnap = easy recovery. Learn to freaking recover, he's REALLY good onstage. Same with Diddy Kong, he's good onstage therefore needs a harder time to recover.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
1. Lolwut @ shine. That might be either you or you downloaded a bad character pac. Compared to Falco, he's meh, but he's just as good as wolf if not better imo.

2. Why do people continue to insist on a recovery buff for diddy who is still ****ing beast mode super good on stage even with the latest nerf? He's got a ****ty recovery now. So does Ivy. So Does mario. So does Fox. Please stop asking for recovery buffs because Diddy is still ****** good.

3. Up B first then double jump to recover. Neither Diddy nor Lucario need recovery buffs and nor are they extreme because their abilities on stage and in air do more than make up for it.

4. Alot of characters can still CG. Falcon included, but these same CGs are escapable with DI, falcon included. DI more.

EDIT: You suck Falco400

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I have a question since there really isnt a changelist at the moment but maybe it will answer my question but what did you guys do to fox. He feels inadequate to falco and wolf. I mean I was playing him alot in 5.0 and now it just seems hes garbage. I mean his shine has litterally like no invisble hit or something I mean comon I was standing right next to a Dedede tried doing shine and nothing happend. Was this intentional?
It seems there are quite a good amount of players that don't even try the beta sets, and go from official to official. Fox, after 5.0's RC1, got a major shine nerf, since his shine had infinites, etc. This made me not like Fox that much in GSH (mostly due to the lost to JC into u-smash). In 6.0, his shine was given the ability to JC into u-smash again, but was implemented in a way that prevents easy follow-ups (and I haven't tested it, yet, but I'm assuming wall infinites are also prevented with this method). It was also given the ability to be JCable while still holding B (a la Melee), which is something better than RC1.

Question for Cape and co.: are VietGeek's camera fixes in the character .pac files for Near Gold? (I'm currently using kupo's camera codes, so I can't really tell.)

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait, shine got a range nerf to prevent infinites? Why not just make the hit techable?
In order for something to be techable, it needs to send into tumble and the shine would then get an indirect buff to shinespiking... because it'd be stronger...

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Guys, I already know that most characters still glidetoss fine, but I was talking about Peach specifically, because that's who my friend was talking about, and she is the one that I said I got mixed results with for her backwards glidetoss.

I don't play Peach much, so I don't need to care, but like I said before, I'm asking so my friend will stop *****ing about it, even though DACIT backwards works just fine.

And TGYMK, Link/TL have to DACIT to throw their bombs. And DACITing looks just like glidetossing, but with a different command.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok now that I look at Peach...her glide toss is definitely different...you have to hold r a little longer, THEN roll to get a better glide toss...and her backwards tosses (backwards then throw forwards, backwards then throw up), are a lot harder to get a long glide....O_o maybe it's just my controller? Nothing else feels weird using the R button...

In fact, every character's glide toss in general seems a little weird IMO.....O_o

VietGeek

Smash Hero
those with worthless glide tosses (tl, wolf) could alternatively JC toss or DACIT toss (respectively)

universally JC toss is something everyone can do and get a little boost from it (momentum capture makes it even better obv)

Unrelated: TL should get DACUS in Brawl- :493:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If common5 is still there and works, you don't have to delete it, it's just there for the buffer and CSP stuff :p
I deleted my common5.pac due to crashing, and it still says buffer, though there's no custom icon or anything for SSE Temple. :confused:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Do Meta Knight's and Captain Falcon's Final Smashes still freeze the game?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Throw Modifier is permanently gone, so Final Smashes should work again.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I just tested Mario. I'm pretty sure I killed an entire family with f-smash. I really like the way he feels right now. I'm pretty sure not much has changed from GSH accept his kill moves getting buffed. Which was needed. Just to make me feel not crazy can someone confirm that his f-smash is buffed?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just tested Mario. I'm pretty sure I killed an entire family with f-smash. I really like the way he feels right now. I'm pretty sure not much has changed from GSH accept his kill moves getting buffed. Which was needed. Just to make me feel not crazy can someone confirm that his f-smash is buffed?
Definitely confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom