• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
My disclaimer was mostly directed towards swordplay who's whole argument was based off of DACUS not working and anyone in general who is saying that this hurts DACUS.

I don't think the slides are much of a problem except for Sheik's, of course that's just me.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Yes I realized my mistake and I edited out that part of my argument once I realized you (iLink) and Yeroc were right. I still say it harms Dacus, (though not hinders) due to the awkward feel.

Veril really has it right, its the slides. To emphasize my other argument, some characters slide better or have better down smashes than other characters and they can take advantage better. I'm pretty sure this was unintended and the brawl cast was not balanced with this taken into account. It gives a higher advantage to characters who lack approaches. The cast would need to be re-balanced in my opinion if the code were to stay. Its not only D-smash. Sliding after a crouch cancel allows you To F-smash as well to a similar effect. Some characters just abuse it too much for this to be considered balanced.

That said I'm sure the WBR has enough input at this point to make a decision on its own so I'm done.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
Theres a code to get rid of footstools i have it in one of my P.M.'s but ya As far as the stage freezing thing goes if it doesnt work you can manually freeze them. Of course these codes are not mine and I don't take credit for them.

Scroll about half way down to find the stage freeze code:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204677

example: (this freezes Pokemon Stadium 2)
4A000000 90000000
1416A904 00000000
22623090 00000014
1416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6137331&postcount=2084 < Stage list code again I don't take credit for this all of this goes to Phantom Wings , Almas etc.

NTSC-USA (Credit goes to Y.S.)
Remove footstools [Y.S.] UNTESTED
048550C4 38600005
0486B894 38600005

I have faith though that Pokemon Stadium 2 and WarioWare will be fixed by the B+ admins but just incase you can find everything out for those by the links I posted and the codes. Pretty self explanitory the only thing you would need is Ocarina or something to get the codes activated. I personally would use Code Manager for the wii-homebrew since its easy to understand.

iLink

Smash Champion
Yes I realized my mistake and I edited out that part of my argument once I realized you (iLink) and Yeroc were right. I still say it harms Dacus, (though not hinders) due to the awkward feel.
That's just personal preference. I always did my DACUS in vbrawl by flicking the c-stick forward, this is no different then what they did with DJC with Ness/Yoshi, considering there could be people that play with tap jump and are effect negatively by DJC.

In all honesty, I wouldn't care if they took it out or if it stays. It doesn't really negatively effect anything if you know what you are doing, it just gives everyone a bunch of new ways to approach now.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Initially I liked it because it gave a new way to approach and mix-up strategies, but then the more I experimented with other characters, the less I liked it in action. Even risky with sliding dsmashes for those who rely on dsmash for kills or have powerful dsmashes, and competely unbalances the game by giving those characters an advantage. Tried this out at a large smashfest, and even got some people to disagree with the unpopular game.

Get. rid. of. it. >____________>

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
In all honesty, I haven't even tried this build yet, I plan to soon, but from the sounds of it, the DC code is terrible. I personally thought that the GSH2 DC code was just fine and it didn't need to change, so why did it change?

Cape, is this gonna change? Should I really just do what Veril did and change the code back to GSH2's version myself?

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty, I haven't even tried this build yet, I plan to soon, but from the sounds of it, the DC code is terrible. I personally thought that the GSH2 DC code was just fine and it didn't need to change, so why did it change?

Cape, is this gonna change? Should I really just do what Veril did and change the code back to GSH2's version myself?
Why don't you just try out the new code first to see how you feel about it? If they do decide to change it, it won't be so far down the road that you'll have to readjust to the old one. If they decide to keep it, you'll have started getting used to new slide distances and approach options already.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
hmmm even though I havent tried out the new build yet to me it sounds like it could go either way while one way it could improve a meta game on the other hand as you stated it could be extremely overpowered for some characters. I do have one question though since this is new version of B+ coming out is does it still have that no Air Dodging while Tumbling in?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lol, not gonna lie how I find it funny that people are complaining about this new dash cancel code, even some of the people that made the set, and some are saying it hasnt really been tested.

So you can crouch during the dash animation?

How does that mess up dacus as some ppl have been saying?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
It's not that. People are complaining about the amount by which people slide from this new code. Apparently this was done so that characters can crawldash to the left and right, I believe. However, this has the unintended consequence of enhancing the distances a smash attack can go from a dash.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It wasn't really that, we didn't even know the sliding part of it was in it.

All of the balance changes were tested though.

In any case, USE THE UPDATER AGAIN. Not only is the title screen updated to 6.0, but a bugfix for this has been uploaded in GCT and TXT form.

Edit: Just like the Snake bug that was found when 5.0 was released, this is also a glitch we had to remove. The first post even says if it's a "major glitch" that the set would be updated.

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't really that, we didn't even know the sliding part of it was in it.

All of the balance changes were tested though.

In any case, USE THE UPDATER AGAIN. Not only is the title screen updated to 6.0, but a bugfix for this has been uploaded in GCT and TXT form.

Edit: Just like the Snake bug that was found when 5.0 was released, this is also a glitch we had to remove. The first post even says if it's a "major glitch" that the set would be updated.
Ok i have read every single post and every complain XD. But now I think I should give it a try, the only thing is that I always used Manual update.

So I come up with a question, maybe sound noob but, what does the UPDATER "updates"?

* I know that it recovers original Fitcharacters.pac, cause all the moves and effects I had when first tried it were reset. :p
* Strap, main Brawl + Menus, right?

* what more? GCT? common5.pac? anything else?

Its because i made CSP and got a common5.pac with al the infaces, etc., and I was wondering if they will be affected, also got some of the Dantarion and PW´s Alternate Stages in the gct. Obviously they may not be official, but I want to know if I will have my old gct "updated" automatically, so i will have to put them again. :confused:

Thxs in advanced

:)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i just want to say i so far like the DC into d-smash and i would hope that even if u make an update that gets rid of the slide u keep the ability to DC to d-smash in

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No. Air dodge startups have more lag, but that's it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
DACUS works better on the wiichuck due to dpad smashes. Just do one sliding motion over dpad left/right and dpad up.

Lol c-stick.

The sliding feels odd and out of place, I'll give you that. But DACUS out of run is still fine for the most part.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I personally hate having to flick forward on the c-stick to DACUS in a run...I've ALWAYS done down.....

And alphatron, could you please shut up with your Wiimote nunchuck favoritism? kthx

Alphatron

Smash Champion
And despite the fact that my sarcasm about it has been dreadfully obvious, Sage still gets butthurt whenever I mention the ******* thing.

I personally hate the controller if you want me to be honest. But it was all I had and I learned everything with it. Having to always read up on ATs that only mention Classic/GC and leaving me in the dark got to me eventually. Now get trolled some more.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
You can DC into any smash or tilt with the original code.
Okay. I just want to say DUH! That isn't the issue. The thing that we like is 1. It is much easier to perform a running d-smash, and 2. You now slide as much as you do when doing a running u-smash. Before when you dc to d-smash no matter how fast you did it you lost almost all of your momentum. Now I can run with Bowser slide while charging and then unleash a d-smash. A move that Bowser mains know is risky to attempt in an on stage situation because of how long it lasts, but now you can at least take away some of the risk by sliding onto their shield when you do it.

And to those of you who say it unbalances things. wtf?! I am running at you. you think of my possible options. and hopefully you realize that the way to deal with any attack out of run is the same! Shield and punish with shield grab or an attack of your own. I don't know how this could DRASTICALLY unbalance the game as most of you have stated that it does when it doesn't grant anyone more power or true options. All it does for Bowser at least is make his d-smash more useful than the one trick pony it was(alright two trick, its for punishing rolls and covering the ledge), but my point is you guys are letting the DACUS change cloud your mind to the truth which is: This really didn't change much balance wise. Its the kind of thing you realize when you actually play the game instead of experiencing the change once, and then imagining all the ways it could screw up balance.

You can point the c-stick forward when you dacus and everything is the same. It takes some getting used to, but hey Ness mains have to hold jump now or die offstage, so its not that bad. At least your penalty for failure isn't plummeting to your death. In exchange some characters get to have a very situational move become slightly more useful.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
is the new Dash Cancel code still in the updated set? Just wondering since I want to experience this pain the majority of you are feeling. <_<

cape dont forget to not walk down the same path, you kept the promise right? :012:

Bandit

Smash Lord
@Protein: The code is already removed, so you really didn't need to post all this. Besides, I was simply responding to N.A.G.A.C.E. and explaining that he wasn't losing anything.

No need to flame someone who is trying to be helpful.

:bandit:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well for one thing he was just saying you don't need this new DC to do the same, but yes, you do keep your momentum as long as you dash cancel it. Only reason you don't seem to go as far is because you're either not doing it fast enough or you aren't moving fast enough. (And also because the new code is slip and slide, but that's not the point.)

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
So, how did the new dc code alter slide distance? It seems to me that friction changes would be the culprit.

angelbless

Smash Apprentice
Just posting it again so someone could help me understand it a little :)

Ok i have read every single post and every complain XD. But now I think I should give it a try, the only thing is that I always used Manual update.

So I come up with a question, maybe sound noob but, what does the UPDATER "updates"?

* I know that it recovers original Fitcharacters.pac, cause all the moves and effects I had when first tried it were reset. :p
* Strap, main Brawl + Menus, right?

* what more? GCT? common5.pac? anything else?

Its because i made CSP and got a common5.pac with al the infaces, etc., and I was wondering if they will be affected, also got some of the Dantarion and PW´s Alternate Stages in the gct. Obviously they may not be official, but I want to know if I will have my old gct "updated" automatically, so i will have to put them again. :confused:

Thxs in advanced

:)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Using the autoupdater for this, I noticed it didn't bother downloading certain pacs such as Lucas and Captain Falcon. This should mean that those characters are strictly unchanged from GSH2, right? I would just like to make sure.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
That is correct, Alphatron. While I'm not sure about Falcon, Cape has publicly said that a decent number of characters are completely unchanged between GSH2 and 6.0, so the updater won't bother downloading them.

ALSO, something important. Changelist work is underway, but I need to know a bit of information before it gets finalized:

1) I have the data for all the Spotdodge and Airdodge changes as of RC1. Were those changed since? If so, how?

2) Analyzing the framespeed modifier engine, there are a lot of changes (unfortunately, Excel can't handle 32-bit Hex so it's a bit of a pain, but I have an excel script that handles the rest of it) to attributes that aren't attacks. Yeroc has helped a ton in analyzing these, but I would like to know:

Are the following things in .pac files (if they were changed) or in GCT?

- Teching. Is it sped up/are distances changed in B+? Is it character specific?
- Rolls. Same thing (but replace "sped up" with "slowed down," obviously).

3) Anyone willing to help with giving concise, reasonable explanations for a specific character's changes, please PM me. I can handle some characters, and people in #brawlplus can handle some, but there are quite a few and it would be really helpful. Needed right now - Marth (I think VietGeek can handle that, though), Fox (Anyone...?).

Thanks muchly.

New dash cancel code removed? I think from a technical standpoint the problem was that you start off a dash with a lot of momentum and then it drops down quickly as you slow (the initial dash has the sharpest change in speed of any point in the dash, you should have much more momentum then than while running), so if you cancel it then you get a large amount of momentum and hence a large slide. Seems likely, at least. Didn't get to try it out so hard to tell.

Angel, the updater checks for a group of files, and if the checksum doesn't match the one on the server list it replaces completely the one on your computer. That means custom GCTs and Common5 files will be completely lost. Battle portraits (InfFace###.brres) will not be.

The updater gets:
- RSBE01.gct
- Fighter/Character/FitCharacter.pac
- Fighter/Character/FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac
- Common3.pac
- Common5.pac (not sure if you can choose to not replace common5, I've never updated textures...)
- Strap_en.pac
- Whatever handles the menu.

Any file downloaded by the updater will overwrite completely any old file of the same name and in the same location. I'd recommend updating manually if you want to keep those things, at least for the GCT, and saving your common5 somewhere else and then overwriting B+'s if you have to.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Is the Snapshot not updated? I ran the updater for snapshots again but it didn't get a new one.

(Dammit this was way easier with gecko, I wish my disc drive wasn't going)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So was the text download updated to? Because I only use that since there are certain codes I don't want on. o_o

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Is the Snapshot not updated? I ran the updater for snapshots again but it didn't get a new one.

(Dammit this was way easier with gecko, I wish my disc drive wasn't going)
I believe in the OP it is stated that gecko 1.9 is now required.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
I believe in the OP it is stated that gecko 1.9 is now required.
Yes, except even though the OP said that, a near gold snapshot WAS included, and you COULD use the auto updater to get a snapshot that even had the new DC code in it.

Now that it is updated I ran the auto-updater again, but no new snapshot or GCT was downloaded, just the new title screen.

So I wanted to know if the snapshot is updated or not. I'd guess not.

yami_sora

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the snapshot was updated, so I made one myself using the gct from the disc method and now all seems well. Assuming the gct file itself that you can manually download was updated, I made a snapshot of that which fixes the glitch. You can try it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmykhmtmmh5

I know it works fine for me, but for some reason my snapshots don't seem to always work for other people so by all means test it and let me know.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Couldn't we simply have a fix for the WWR not working online by replacing the .pac of RFalls, and not coding it in? Or another stage.

It would also allow more music.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Couldn't we simply have a fix for the WWR not working online by replacing the .pac of RFalls, and not coding it in? Or another stage.

It would also allow more music.

This. Then replace the original spot for Wifi Waiting Room with a stage you could actually practice on. With walls and platforms and ****.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You can't replace Rumble Falls with Wifi waiting room because the Rumble Fall effects would all still be included. You could replace Battlefield with WWR(probably) but why?

Simple method. Use this code by Phantom Wings.

Code:
Stage Roster Expansion System: v1.1
E0000000 80008000
04043B20 3800003A
04043B40 1C060018
04043B58 38840018
04949C8C 3884B460
04949D10 3884B460
04949E20 3884B460
04949EFC 3884B460
C294A588 00000003
A063001A 2C030040
41800008 38600000
60000000 00000000
C294A1D0 00000003
7C7D1B78 2C03FFFF
40820008 3FA0003F
60000000 00000000
04015564 48000010
2042AEB0 00000041
0442AEB0 00000000
80000000 8042AEB0
80000001 8042AEB0
60000030 00000000
8A001801 00000000
86000000 00000024
86000001 00000018
62000000 00000000
0042B34C 024B0000
80000000 8042B348
80000001 00000040
80000002 00000031
60000008 00000000
4A001000 00000000
94210001 00000000
16000004 00000010
73745F63 7573746F
6D002E72 656C0000
94010002 0000000D
86000000 00000018
86000001 00000001
86000002 00000001
62000000 00000000
80000000 8042BC18
80000001 8042B460
8A010001 00000000
0042BC18 010F0000
80000000 8042BC14
80000001 8042B560
80000002 00000031
60000008 00000000
4A001001 00000000
94210000 00000000
4A001000 00000000
16000000 00000008
43757374 6F6D3100
94010002 00000006
86000000 0000000C
86000001 00000004
86000002 00000001
62000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Custom SSS:
046B8F5C 7C802378
046B8F64 7C6300AE
040AF618 5460083C
040AF68C 38840002
040AF6AC 5463083C
040AF6C0 88030001
040AF6E8 3860FFFF
040AF59C 3860000C
060B91C8 00000018
BFA10014 7CDF3378
7CBE2B78 7C7D1B78
2D05FFFF 418A0014
006B929C 0000001F
066B99D8 0000001F
00010203 04050709
080A0B0C 0D0E0F10
11141516 1A191217
0618131D 1E1B1C00
006B92A4 00000013
066B9A58 00000013
1F202122 25242326
27282A2B 2C2D2E2F
30313200 00000000
06407AAC 00000066
01010202 03030404
05050606 07070808
0909330A 0B0B0C0C
0D0D0E0E 130F1410
15111612 17131814
19151C16 1D171E18
1F19201A 211B221C
231D241E 251F2932
2A332B34 2C352D36
2F373038 3139323A
2E3BFFFF 40024101
42024301 44024501
46024701 48020000

Enable Random Expansion Stages v1.1
C26B7A6C 00000005
3860001F 2C120000
41820008 3860000A
7C101800 41800008
38000001 7C800379
60000000 00000000
9 additional stages that work without replacing anything. Replays work fine and do not clash with the SSS code, and the stages all use Battlefield's music instead of WWRs single track. I have WWR available online in this way actually.

Edit: Forgot to mention. You'll need these: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mmzzo5xyoy

They go in pf/module. Replace the word number in the filename with a number from 1-9. The stages you add with this should also be named Custom#.pac, # being a number from 1-9.

There's also Maestro's SSS, but he seems to have dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom