• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

DemonFart

Smash Lord
typh is a troll but a successful troll LOL.no need to get angry ulevo we don't wanna fight amongst ourselves do we?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Both got a point. Typh may be some what of a stuck up on these boards and may not like to give tips, but he knows things and he can sure fight better than any one of us can. I tend to just ignore his posts unless its something that will benefit me.

Miles.

Smash Champion
also if you argue with me i will say ONLINE SUCKS.

and then you cant really argue to that sooo

SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
also if you argue with me i will say ONLINE SUCKS.

and then you cant really argue to that sooo

SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE!
I think we can all agree with that IRL. That match we had in the online tourny was only satisfying for 2 seconds. I would have much rather played you in person, no matter the result.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Online is not the same game.

******** stuff works that should not work, and good stuff that does work is almost impossible to do online.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
exactly. not to mention tiers are non existant online. I've learned when I get Bonus chance to bet on CF cuz a good 90% of the time he will win, even agaisnt a MK.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
uhh what are we even argueing about?

this thread has been sidetracked for too long.

typh contributes, maybe not any noteworthy posts but he contributes to the community by attendintg tournaments and trying to get PT higher in the tier list.

BUT

he shouldnt be the only one, more of us should be doing that... and heres where my problem lies. how can we expect to produce better players when you have the 'best' PT's puting down and trolling everybody else.
This thread should be a sanctuary for those who are interested in learning how to get better not another 100th thread on people getting put down for their lack of knowledge

for everyone that cant contribute good posts to help better someone elses skill just keep them out of this thread... cause as much as you like coming off like a *******, it aint benefiting anyone else.

DemonFart

Smash Lord

typh contributes, maybe not any noteworthy posts but he contributes to the community by attendintg tournaments and trying to get PT higher in the tier list.

BUT

he shouldnt be the only one, more of us should be doing that... and heres where my problem lies. how can we expect to produce better players when you have the 'best' PT's puting down and trolling everybody else.
This thread should be a sanctuary for those who are interested in learning how to get better not another 100th thread on people getting put down for their lack of knowledge

for everyone that cant contribute good posts to help better someone elses skill just keep them out of this thread... cause as much as you like coming off like a *******, it aint benefiting anyone else.
Quoted for truth.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Yeah, IRL promissed not to troll on this thread... typh should do the same
Dont worry typh, you can always troll on other threads :)

DemonFart

Smash Lord
U know what?
typh I challenge u to go till the end of next week without trolling.
can u do it? 0_o

Ulevo

Smash Master
You're joking right?

He's not contributing anything. Going to tournaments and winning or attempting to win doesn't contribute to the community. Nor does raising a tier placement for a character do anything for the community, including the board that revolves around the character.

Posting valuable knowledge in order to aid players in the community who are less skilled than you are is contributing. Typh probably wouldn't know anything about that. That in turn helps to raise that characters tier.

If winning with a particular character improved the community it revolved around, the Meta Knight boards would be awesome, and the Marth boards would be a mess. This is sadly not the case.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking

This. Everyone needs to return to using this thread for real questions related to Super Smash Bros. Brawl gameplay involving Pokemon Trainer or I will close this thread for going off-topic.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hmmmm.... Cant have that now can we, despite the amount of trolling that has occured.

Theres factors that contribute into PT not doing so well. We can start off as the player themself, someof us just dont have what it takes to be godly with PT while others like Typh and Reflex can, that doesnt mean you cant work your butt off, even if you cant be the top 5 that doesnt mean you cant get recognition as best PT in your state, which is what I'm working for right now and this friday I'm looking foreward to showing all my BR friends that PT is a force to be reconed with in friendlies and hopefully brackets(which I do horribly in) though like I said a few weeks ago, alot of people like my PT.

Another factor is just the guys you go to tournies with. Like for instance I go to tournaments with Lee, who is top ranking guy in the country and alot of his friends rank high in LA oturnies as well and they are no push overs, they are great guys too, however I dont see that as a bad thing either, to get better you wana play guys better than yourself. Which is why my friend redson tells me that me and him could well be decently ranked guys in the country cuz we are from LA and we fight agaisnt some of the best(though this is his theory not mine, I doubt it some but wont disagree with that thought).

Another factor is how much practice or availability you have to people. All I got is my firend Redson who live down the road form me and wifi when I play some of you guys, thats just aobut it. Just about the only thing that keeps me striving to get better is my rivalry with Redson. Alot of the other guys I know are by the LSU campus but I dont think my parents would like me hanging out with older guys they donty know so those guys are out of the question. But really, I think all we need are some good rivals that we will constantly stiving to outdue. I dont place well in tournaments and alot of you know that but I'm still working and I'm making prgress, maybe not in tourny results(not yet) but just in alot of offline matches in general, I play people, at these tournies, who are no push overs, they got some skill and I enjoy fighting them, its always close. I just choke up in the end when I end up seeing I could win agaisnt some1 who is known for being good. lol gotta work on that.

But yes, lets get back on track before Retro decides to close this thread and then we lose this chance to have an inquiry thread again.

C.J.

Smash Master
I was playing against a friend and he used rock smash, however, he didn't take out a normal rock. It was a good bit smaller, white/light blue, kinda looked like a freezie. Does this have any different properties from the normal rock? If so, what is the % chance that one has to pull that instead of a normal rock?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The hell...? Epic bump, dude.

As for that scenario, I'm going to have to go with an oldie but a goodie: vids or it didn't happen.

Toby.

Smash Master
Its because you were playing on a level with lighting that effects the rock. Best example of this is in the all star health room. It's still the same rock, it just looks different.

I'm pretty sure you get this effect on frigate and spear pillar. Can't think of any other stages.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
either DI or die. thats all I have to say o nthe matter.

as for rock smash, I've used the hit boxes of rock smash without pulling out a rock quite a few times. its too good and awsome mindgames.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
i was playing around with squirtles turnaround animation sliding thing and i realize how most squirtles upsmash out of it with a momentum boost but does the same boost apply for grabs?

i was trying it out and it seemed like squirtles grab slides far when timed right. maybe i'm imagining things but im not sure. jabs also had a nice range while sliding.

and also may have had a speed boost when canceling it halfway through the animation by jumping usually leading to a bair.

so does this stuff work or is it useless or known already?

Toby.

Smash Master
It's all already known, but good on you for taking the time to experiment with it anyway. With perfect wiming and inputs you can do a sliding grab that goes about half to 3/4 of final destination.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I was short and impatient for a while.

i would like to start being helpful again.

anyone have any questions that they are afraid to ask elsewhere?

Eljin

Smash Ace
o.k. dnt know if this belongs here but wat are sum tips/strats 4 fightin IC's... and omit the "dont get grabbed" cuz ima b so over u.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
For Squirtle:

Stay in the air = Prevents Grabs
Jabs = 1 frame jab will be the difference from being grabbed and not.
Dair = Separates ICs
Water Gun = Separates IC and screws up their recovery

For Ivysaur:

Bair spam = Spacing
Ftilt = Spacing
Razor Leaf = Ice block counter
Nair = Keeps them close yet so far
No Bullet Seed = Separate them, don't bother on damage else you eat grabs

For Charizard:

You're ****ed

Miles.

Smash Champion
Charizard ***** Icys.

Rocksmash Nana into oblivion.

Rocksmash separates.

Zard is really good against them. He gimps them really easily once seperated.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Here's a question: up for a few dittos? It's been a long time since we've played each other online, and I'm curious as to which one of us has made more improvements to our Trainer. :bee:

Edit: Phooey... just missed you. :(

Miles.

Smash Champion
Here's a question: up for a few dittos? It's been a long time since we've played each other online, and I'm curious as to which one of us has made more improvements to our Trainer. :bee:

Edit: Phooey... just missed you. :(
i dont play online anymore it is a waste of time it messes my timing up. and then when i play offline my timing is trash

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Aww... that's a shame.

Yeah, online Brawl is pretty much a different game than offline Brawl (as different is as Brawl is from Melee, really), so I guess that makes sense. Still a shame, though.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
flamethrower is pretty good against IC's too. it slightly outranges blizzard and melts it so it turns into a harmless water gun. protects you against ice blocks if you short hopped it or something.

and then you have awesome gimp powers to further **** nana or just kill popo straight up.

squirtle is kind of hard for some IC's to chaingrab, so that's a bonus.

i don't really like ivysaur here, it has almost 0 mobility and doesn't have many moves that are safe on shield, which you really need against IC's.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You, turtle people, I need info.

I need to know what you would consider are Squirtle's worst stages.
In my experience, Jungle Japes makes a terrible stage for Squirtle. I'd definitely call it his worst stage, or at least in the front running. He can get camped like crazy and the high ceiling kills most of his reasonable KO options. Of all the potentially legal stages, this is by FAR his worst, in my opinion.

Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't that great for Squirtle, either. Again, a fairly high ceiling, and except for normal and ice, the stage forms tend to give his approaches a deal of trouble. However, he's not at nearly the marked, all-around disadvantage he faces at Jungle Japes.

Pictochat is a LITTLE iffy because - yet again - the ceiling is fairly high for his up smash, and some of the forms can give him trouble. On the bright side, he DOES have the wall cling here, which helps sometimes. Like Stadium 2, this one is a little bit iffy.

Most of the other stages he seems to do at least relatively well on. Naturally, these are all just my opinions on the stages, but I feel they're fairly accurate, particularly in the case of Japes.

Top Bottom