• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
was that really necessary?

Pichu Sensei had a question.. in a Q&A thread. As simple as it maybe to you others still need to learn for themselves.

its comments like those that make people hesitate to even ask questions because they fear that a veteran is gonna magnify the fact that they dont know how to do things.

tone it down in this thread atleast, you have the whole of smashboards to make comments like those.

Ulevo

Smash Master
was that really necessary?

Pichu Sensei had a question.. in a Q&A thread. As simple as it maybe to you others still need to learn for themselves.

its comments like those that make people hesitate to even ask questions because they fear that a veteran is gonna magnify the fact that they dont know how to do things.

tone it down in this thread atleast, you have the whole of smashboards to make comments like those.
This. :ohwell:

DemonFart

Smash Lord
mmmm sorry bout the double post but a question came up while playing brawl.

Did everyone one know that charizard back air also spikes the opponent if they are below zards flame?
sorry if this Is old news but I am trying to find anything I can to help pt.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
mmmm sorry bout the double post but a question came up while playing brawl.

Did everyone one know that charizard back air also spikes the opponent if they are below zards flame?
sorry if this Is old news but I am trying to find anything I can to help pt.
really now? when did you see this? im interested.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ooooo. thats interesting. I was just curius cuz I had some matches with ihm a while ago and was curius if by chance I had done it. If I did, I wouldnt know cuz I zone out in my matches.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I just saw it while messing around with zard in training mode,pretty cool though.
I dont think u do it in our matches.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just saw it while messing around with zard in training mode,pretty cool though.
I dont think u do it in our matches.
lol yeah I doubt I could do anything as cool as that. I suck too much. I can never tell anyone who my best pokemon is cuz people tell me I'm best with different ones. I want to say squirtle but then again every pokemon plays a key roll when I play and has their part in when I fight. So its hard to say. Charz brings me up when I'm behind, squirtle and Ivy are my flashy movers and damage rackers and in some cases, killers.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
lol yeah I doubt I could do anything as cool as that. I suck too much. I can never tell anyone who my best pokemon is cuz people tell me I'm best with different ones. I want to say squirtle but then again every pokemon plays a key roll when I play and has their part in when I fight. So its hard to say. Charz brings me up when I'm behind, squirtle and Ivy are my flashy movers and damage rackers and in some cases, killers.
weird because my Zard is my Specail/Psyical Wall
Ivy-my sweeper
squrtle-U-turner (it means fast hitter)

Ulevo

Smash Master
Charizards Bair has two hitboxes. The first one is his claw that extends back, which causes the semispike. The tail is the second one. Unfortunately I haven't found a reliable way to hit with the claw only.

It's okay though. Dair is broken, so it's all good.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
hmmm bomber I'd say ur best is squirtle..so annoying...
pants we love u too.
bomber u don't suck.
chaos I still have yet to play ur pt,or did I already?
I wanna try working the back air spike with zard into my game.

Ulevo

Smash Master
hmmm bomber I'd say ur best is squirtle..so annoying...
pants we love u too.
bomber u don't suck.
chaos I still have yet to play ur pt,or did I already?
I wanna try working the back air spike with zard into my game.
If you can figure out the method for it, great. Because it sends them directly down and right in range for a Dair which will finish the job.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
weird because my Zard is my Specail/Psyical Wall
Ivy-my sweeper
squrtle-U-turner (it means fast hitter)
Charz's brute stregnth is what brings me back... and my extremely high luck level. I'm proud to say I'm starting to play ivy decently with an addition to spacing which still needs work, squirtle I just go wild with.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
it is a bomb-shell after all lol (so cliche but needed since TL isnt coming back for another 2-3weeks)

Question: any way to fight the lag in squirtle's dair? any suggestions as when to use it best. when I use it I get punished. Also when is the best time to use Water gun: when they are DI'ing to the stage, while they are using the recovery move or after the recovery move is complete if they miss the ledge? All I found was after the recovery move is done when they miss the stage.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Fart you fouhgt my TL before Im the PT that isnt pants who starts with Ivy and then you taught me glidetossing on the same day

DemonFart

Smash Lord
it is a bomb-shell after all lol (so cliche but needed since TL isnt coming back for another 2-3weeks)

Question: any way to fight the lag in squirtle's dair? any suggestions as when to use it best. when I use it I get punished. Also when is the best time to use Water gun: when they are DI'ing to the stage, while they are using the recovery move or after the recovery move is complete if they miss the ledge? All I found was after the recovery move is done when they miss the stage.
I usually fastfall a dair and make sure last part doesnt hit then I follow up with utilt and a jabx3. It works most of the time.
as for water gun,I have the same question as u so I'll wait for a answer

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so yeah aparently there is nothing to duble nair
just keep your thumb on the jump button and A and mash away.

I keep losing to Demon Fart's Lucario. He is contantly dodge rolling and everytime he uses a move that I think would leave him open, he follows up in the blink of an eye when I approach to attack him, not to mention lucario's hit boxes make him a pain to fight. I did better when I started as Charz though because he kept spamming dodge roll in a unpredictable fashion, it was hard to punish that and I kept screwing up my SH's and doing normal high ones.

Any ideas on how to fight a lucario?

Miles.

Smash Champion
Typh is the best Pokemon Trainer.

Ulevo go slit your wrists.

Also at Bomber, if you know he is going to roll you can punish him

Rolling a lot is bad.

You should not be losing to "rolling spam".

Not calling you bad, saying that if you are on smash boards you know how to learn and get better, and rolling spam is not unbeatable or even good.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I just picked up lucario yesterday,
I really need to better my pokemon trainer,I'll fight anyone.
also @irl:rolling does work if u r lucario since his rolls r extremely quick.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wasn't aware a Rock Smash spamming Charizard player was good.
lol maybe when you realize that spamming rock smash(/your character's best move) is how you play charizard(/brawl) and then almost 3 stock the 6th best in socal (which is the video i'm assuming you are referring to) you should come back and say that

oh but i forgot you probably play by reaction instead of prediction so the only move you can hit with is jab or utilt or something right

get *****

<3

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't really care who you three stock Typh. It doesn't change the fact that you're a terrible poster, contributer, and a sub par player to me. Flaunt all you want, I'd rather pay attention to someone else who can provide me with more than a simple boast, and the bottom line is you can't.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
What has this board come to? I come out of the demon portal for a few days every two months, and each time I arrive to find this board starting to be arranged into a hierarchy of pogemanz skill. Pretty soon only the few best PT will be allowed to post.

No moar fites, u makin pogeymanz cry.

Top Bottom