• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of shifty stuff going about with Rare. E3 might be interesting this year...

My bet is on more Kinknet Sports. They might be making an actual game though, but it remains to be seen if it will be any good.
It won't be a Kinect title: http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2015/05/02/rare-to-announce-new-game-at-e3-not-for-kinect/

That's why this game might actually be really interesting!

edit: There he is, the new bottles!

---​

New Character & FAQ Update!

"ALRIGHT GEEZERSSS… COME TO LEARN FROM THE BESSST?"

As the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter campaign ascends to even more spectacular heights, it’s high time we introduced you to the game’s first support character: flash, wheeler dealing serpent, Trowzer!

Trowzer is a business-snake whose career never took off. Not that he knows it – the smug, serpent salesman thinks he’s the bee’s knees (not that he has knees), and for a little dosh he’ll teach you some of the slick moves he picked up on the high-stakes sales floor.

Yooka-Laylee’s creative lead, Gavin Price explains: “Trowzer thinks of himself as the best salesman ever, but with his downbeat appearance and 1980’s mobile phone, life never took off for him.

“He’ll take your money and count it (he’s an Adder…) and because he knows best he’ll even demonstrate the moves you just bought for you to replicate… if you can follow his jiggling.”

Character artist extraordinaire, Mr. Steve Mayles described the design process behind his latest creation: “I didn’t want him to be a snake in the traditional sense, and when Gav suggested he should have shorts on (do I have to add shorts to all of my characters?!), a great idea for this was his body could curl back up through the other leg hole. So he’ll move with a certain springiness, which will be fun to animate.”

FAQ Update

Please note that we're currently receiving a huge amount of questions on Kickstarter. Before submitting a question we recommend visiting the FAQ section, however other popular answers it's worth highlighting are:

• Digial Deluxe: Please note that the download code in the digital deluxe version and higher tiers is for a platform of your choice.
  • Physical: Please note that, as part of the Kickstarter, there are currently no plans for a physical version for consoles.
  • Special thanks: Special thanks is included in the console tiers
  • “All previous rewards": This does not include limited number rewards
---
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/posts/1224831

edit 2:

After the reveal of Trowzer, pledges started to come faster once again. And now? Well, all stretch goals beaten, once again! That means, we'll get an orchestral soundtrack!

Last edited:
I get that Yooka laylee is hype but i dont think everything about it should be brought up here. There are plenty of other threads for it including at least 1 for Yooka Laylee news.

this is the banko and kazooie support thread not the Yooka and Laylee support thread

/minimod

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I get that Yooka laylee is hype but i dont think everything about it should be brought up here. There are plenty of other threads for it including at least 1 for Yooka Laylee news.

this is the banko and kazooie support thread not the Yooka and Laylee support thread

/minimod
There's not particularly much to talk about in regards to Banjo.

It's my thread anyway, and I'm cool with Yooka-Laylee talk unless someone starts campaigning them for Smash.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Trowzer is so brilliant.
I'm a little amazed.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

/minimod
I get where you're coming from. But as James said, there's not much to talk about Banjo, sadly. Without Yooka-Laylee, there would be even less activity in this thread. I created the other, Yooka-Laylee-dedicated thread when it was still called "Project Ukulele", but as you can see, there's also barely any activity in that one as well.

I think Yooka-Laylee is something that (and this might be only my imagination) many Banjo fans find exciting. It's the game we've been waiting for since 15 years. It's Banjo-Threeie basically. With another skin & therefore gameplay-related changes, but I consider it the next best thing that could happen to any Banjo fan. The chance of getting a proper Banjo sequel seems to be still rather low, so there's that as well.

I still love & prefer Banjo & Kazooie as a character duo, especially for Smash. They are so iconic and have had so awesome games, that they truly have legacy. By the way, less than 5 months left till the ballot closes. We shouldn't forget to vote :) I could imagine that the voting activity died down pretty much, now that a month passed since the direct...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well it looks like we have another final goal.

<2,000,000 Pounds - $3,133,300 = (Payback Time! DLC that's free to backers! As a massive thank you for your generous support - when, and only when, we've finished and released the final game, then we'll proceed to make some additional content that will be free of charge for backers! *additional funding also helps us to continue to polish the game to the Nth degree!*)>

One thing is for sure.. We have a LONG way to go for that one.. assuming we even make that one XD

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Here you go guys. It isnt very amazing but use it as a banner or something if you want!

(and an older one i did
)

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
One eyed trouser Snake? Based Playtonic.
Well, they did say that there would be 'subtle' risque humor just like with Banjo-Tooie, so expect more of that in the future.

EDIT:

What we need is some music to cheer us all up.

Last edited:

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
I found this recent interview with the developers. It's too long, but interesting what they talk about.

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
Hello guys and girls. I'm visiting here from the twitter account @ ReturnRare ReturnRare . I help manage the #BanjoForSmash campaign on twitter and I would appreciate it if anyone here who has an account started following me, RTing, faving, and spreading the hash tag #BanjoForSmash to raise awareness for voting for Banjo&Kazooie in the Smash polls. I've already told my followers about this board so they know about you guys.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I found this recent interview with the developers. It's too long, but interesting what they talk about.

I've taken a listen to this. A lot of interesting content they've discussed in this.

Including the supposed confirmation of a post-game final boss after the first final boss

BTW, since they already confirmed that worlds will be expanded and revisited in addition to unlocking new worlds, do you think that most worlds, if not all, will somehow interconnect with one another, similar to how Tooie's worlds are linked with one another ala Metroidvania done in 3D?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello guys and girls. I'm visiting here from the twitter account @ ReturnRare ReturnRare . I help manage the #BanjoForSmash campaign on twitter and I would appreciate it if anyone here who has an account started following me, RTing, faving, and spreading the hash tag #BanjoForSmash to raise awareness for voting for Banjo&Kazooie in the Smash polls. I've already told my followers about this board so they know about you guys.
No worries, I've liked it myself soon as I've stumbled upon it. I would do anything to have the Bear and Bird in Smash despite all the legal odds that they might face.

I'll think about sharing it to some of my pages in a bit since they have at least a thousand followers on Facebook. Good look on helping us out since we need everyone in the world to help push him in the ballot. ;)

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember me because I've been gone for a while - if anyone cares as to why I'll explain but

OH MY GAWSH YOOKA-LAYLEE, so HYPE! Two of my FAVOURITE animals too! Seriously! Both of them right next to, or under the wolf. Best choices I think. Laylee seems too masculine to me but I don't care I thought Kazooie was a boy at first too so this is even better for nostalgia haha!

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
I've taken a listen to this. A lot of interesting content they've discussed in this.

Including the supposed confirmation of a post-game final boss after the first final boss

BTW, since they already confirmed that worlds will be expanded and revisited in addition to unlocking new worlds, do you think that most worlds, if not all, will somehow interconnect with one another, similar to how Tooie's worlds are linked with one another ala Metroidvania done in 3D?
Well, hmm the video showed that they want it to be less linear, idk how exactly they will work, but I imagine that they might do so. I really don't mind the backtracking.

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
No worries, I've liked it myself soon as I've stumbled upon it. I would do anything to have the Bear and Bird in Smash despite all the legal odds that they might face.

I'll think about sharing it to some of my pages in a bit since they have at least a thousand followers on Facebook. Good look on helping us out since we need everyone in the world to help push him in the ballot. ;)
Thanks! If you wanted to help with it I could let you run our Facebook page also. I have it set up but I've been too busy to get to post anything. Also, send me a tweet on twitter so I know who you are. I want to follow you if I'm not already.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
This animation came with the most recent update.

I like the personality these two are showing so far.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
How can the ****ing Bandana Dee thread have close to 400 pages and this one only has 36? What is this world coming too? Already voted for Banjo & Kazooie but I suppose if they don't make it in I would love to see Yooka & Laylee make it in! I really am surprised at the lack of support for these two iconic characters.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
How can the ****ing Bandana Dee thread have close to 400 pages and this one only has 36? What is this world coming too? Already voted for Banjo & Kazooie but I suppose if they don't make it in I would love to see Yooka & Laylee make it in! I really am surprised at the lack of support for these two iconic characters.
I believe for a long time Banjo was considered one of those "in your dreams" sort of characters, due to all of the thought that Microsoft would never allow the pair to be in Smash to begin with. This sorta kept support from really picking up until this year. Things probably mainly picked up thanks to that tweet Phil made in regards to it a few months back. Though it's obvious a lot of fans already wanted them in, others were too discouraged due to the nature of Microsoft. That tweet changed that.

Other characters have their own followings.

King K. Rool - a classic popular important villain to the Donkey Kong series.

Ridley - Won't go into this one, as this seems to be unlikely due to the circumstances, but reasons fans wanted him in are clear.

Bandana Dee - Has become a prominent character in the Kirby series, and is one of the main characters alongside Kirby Metaknight and Dedede. I myself was actually quite surprised he didn't make it in.

Rayman - Large fan following. Desire escalated for him even more after that fake leak Omni did.

Shantae - Has a cult following, Many of her games are largely exclusive to nintendo (with instances of exceptions only being post release ports)

Any way you look at it, every character has it's fan following, While for some of us we think the inclusion of some characters is a ludicrous idea, to fans, it makes perfect sense. and they all have shown very good reasons as to why they should be in despite neighsayers.. Just as Banjo fans have good reasons for Banjo and Kazooie to be in. I'm sure things will pick up after E3 for many of the threads.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I believe for a long time Banjo was considered one of those "in your dreams" sort of characters, due to all of the thought that Microsoft would never allow the pair to be in Smash to begin with. This sorta kept support from really picking up until this year. Things probably mainly picked up thanks to that tweet Phil made in regards to it a few months back. Though it's obvious a lot of fans already wanted them in, others were too discouraged due to the nature of Microsoft. That tweet changed that.

Other characters have their own followings.

King K. Rool - a classic popular important villain to the Donkey Kong series.

Ridley - Won't go into this one, as this seems to be unlikely due to the circumstances, but reasons fans wanted him in are clear.

Bandana Dee - Has become a prominent character in the Kirby series, and is one of the main characters alongside Kirby Metaknight and Dedede. I myself was actually quite surprised he didn't make it in.

Rayman - Large fan following. Desire escalated for him even more after that fake leak Omni did.

Shantae - Has a cult following, Many of her games are largely exclusive to nintendo (with instances of exceptions only being post release ports)

Any way you look at it, every character has it's fan following, While for some of us we think the inclusion of some characters is a ludicrous idea, to fans, it makes perfect sense. and they all have shown very good reasons as to why they should be in despite neighsayers.. Just as Banjo fans have good reasons for Banjo and Kazooie to be in. I'm sure things will pick up after E3 for many of the threads.
I suppose your right though I just really don't see Bandanna Dee as a prominent Kirby character it's just a generic Waddle Dee with a bandanna and a spear does he actually play any major roles in any Kirby games aside from multiplayer character? I get all the other characters you mentioned but I just don't understand why Bandanna Dee has such a large following.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I suppose your right though I just really don't see Bandanna Dee as a prominent Kirby character it's just a generic Waddle Dee with a bandanna and a spear does he actually play any major roles in any Kirby games aside from multiplayer character? I get all the other characters you mentioned but I just don't understand why Bandanna Dee has such a large following.
Well hey, look at Luigi. He had his beginnings as a straight up carbon copy of Mario for multiplayer in the older titles.. Over the years he has gotten his own character development, both series wise and smash wise.

As for Bandana dee, apparently he is a close follower to King Dedede, so he must hold some importance in the kirby universe.

"Bandana Waddle Dee is fiercely loyal to King Dedede, often serving as his closest follower. He is always willing to follow the monarch's orders. Since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Bandana Waddle Dee has become one of Kirby's best friends. He is said to be friendly toward Kirby and Dedede's allies, but proves himself to be a "brave warrior" against his opponents."

What I find interesting is how far up the ladder the little guy climbed. He went from an arena enemy, to an playable ally to Kiry. The way I see it if the trend continues he'll become a fairly important character.

D

Deleted member

Well hey, look at Luigi. He had his beginnings as a straight up carbon copy of Mario for multiplayer in the older titles.. Over the years he has gotten his own character development, both series wise and smash wise.

As for Bandana dee, apparently he is a close follower to King Dedede, so he must hold some importance in the kirby universe.

"Bandana Waddle Dee is fiercely loyal to King Dedede, often serving as his closest follower. He is always willing to follow the monarch's orders. Since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Bandana Waddle Dee has become one of Kirby's best friends. He is said to be friendly toward Kirby and Dedede's allies, but proves himself to be a "brave warrior" against his opponents."

What I find interesting is how far up the ladder the little guy climbed. He went from an arena enemy, to an playable ally to Kiry. The way I see it if the trend continues he'll become a fairly important character.
Yeah but hasn't he just been in like two games? Maybe three? I guess we'd have to see what happens in the future, but if Toad hasn't joined the roster in Smash so far, I don't think Bandana Dee would.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah but hasn't he just been in like two games? Maybe three? I guess we'd have to see what happens in the future, but if Toad hasn't joined the roster in Smash so far, I don't think Bandana Dee would.
I'm not too sure any more if quantity of games is even a deciding factor for characters any more. I mean Shulk, though he is getting a second game, only had one game under his belt, and he is the main character of his franchise. Then we have Pit who appeared in two (prior to brawl, and the release of Uprising)... and Dark pit, a side character only appearing in one title made it in too. I think what really matters is if the character has at least one video game/is a video game character.

As for Toad.. since it has always been a part of Peach's moveset, that was probably unlikely... but we "DO" have Captain Toad now... so I wouldn't count that little fungus out just yet either. It could honestly go either way at this point, and Sakurai seems fairly open.. and he has broken his own rules before. Like the fighting character rule for example. (Looking at you Little Mac...)

Considering the Roy/Ryu rumors as well, I'd say almost anything is fair game at this point.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Somebody on the K. Rool thread said that BKs popularity has dropped in the Ballot. Is this true.
Of course. Cause we all know a single thread is psychic and knows how well characters are doing in a ballot that hasnt even released any information on candidates, and probably won't even do so until October..

I highly doubt that is true. A fan doesn't just stop wanting a character they love to be in smash.. They are probably just saying that because a lot of the support threads are starting to slow down.. probably due to the long wait until e3, and eventually October..

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Yeah, things have slowed down in this thread mostly because Yooka-Laylee kind of overtook things, and even that news has slowed down. I'm still excited for the game, of course, but we're in sort of a slow period now.

Let's get some conversation in here going. I'm curious, what boss battle from Banjo-Tooie is your favorite?
I'd answer the question myself, but I don't know if I can choose one.

RedMacaw95

Smash Rookie
It's there something else that we can do to promote BK in smash lately?

Yeah, things have slowed down in this thread mostly because Yooka-Laylee kind of overtook things, and even that news has slowed down. I'm still excited for the game, of course, but we're in sort of a slow period now.

Let's get some conversation in here going. I'm curious, what boss battle from Banjo-Tooie is your favorite?
Lol, hmm. I don't have favorite one, but I like Mr.Patch and the 2 dragons brothers from Hailfire Peaks.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

Hmm that's got to be Mr. Patch. I love how they made his design, let's say, risky at some parts, as well as the music and the battle in itself. Shooting while flying & listening to that crazy sped-up theme from Witchyworld makes it feel like a really weird circus show!

Also, there's Old King Coal because of the location of this battle & the benefits of winning it :grin: The Final Battle is epic as well... you just use everything you learned, which makes it very frantic & diversified.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Lol, hmm. I don't have favorite one, but I like Mr.Patch and the 2 dragons brothers from Hailfire Peaks.
Hmm that's got to be Mr. Patch. I love how they made his design, let's say, risky at some parts, as well as the music and the battle in itself. Shooting while flying & listening to that crazy sped-up theme from Witchyworld makes it feel like a really weird circus show!

Also, there's Old King Coal because of the location of this battle & the benefits of winning it :grin: The Final Battle is epic as well... you just use everything you learned, which makes it very frantic & diversified.
I said I had trouble deciding, but you guys make some good points.

I think Weldar is the funnest boss battle, even if you consider only the dialogue before and after the fight.
Terry is probably the most likable boss for me, because he's actually a nice guy, just "disgruntled."
This might sound crazy, but Mingy Jongo was the most intimidating boss to me, just because I didn't expect Mumbo to attack Banjo, and I'd thought as a kid that he replaced him.
That final boss, though... I still think it felt like going from 0 to 10 in difficulty from start to finish. It was brutal.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Mingy Jongo was absolutely brilliant.

Only Grunty herself is better imo, which makes him extremely fitting as the last normal boss.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Trowzer the only so far without legs, and is the only one wearing pants >.>

Mingy Jongo was absolutely brilliant.

Only Grunty herself is better imo, which makes him extremely fitting as the last normal boss.
Mingy Jongo, was the only boss I've never manage to defeat...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The dragons from Hailfire Peaks, mostly because they designs were so cool in comparison to the other bosses. Hell, you could say that they could have fit in another game instead of Banjo Kazooie due to how "serious" their overall designs look.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Close tie between Mr. Patch and Weldar. Mr. Patch was just epic in scale but I wish more happened during the fight, as in there being more obstacles and Mr. Patch being more aggressive. I like Weldar just because he's, in my opinion, the most menacing looking boss but he treats the boss fight like it's just another day on the job.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Wait.. didn't the Smashified Banjo not have freckles before?, or did I just miss that?..

If that is the case I guess he added them on XD

Edit: Just checked. He did indeed forget the freckles XD.. Apparently it was gonna be updated at a later date.. and I guess that date arrived at some point lol.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  1. Monstrous Mechanical Mud Muncher
  2. Crafty Shaman Impersonator
  3. Hot N' Spicy/Cold N' Icy Dragons
  4. Visually-Impaired Welding Torch
  5. Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing
  6. Disgruntled Pterodactyl Parent
  7. Grubby Boiler Monarch
  8. Self-Important Anglerfish
  9. Despotic Dizzy Totem God
Of course, special mentions go out to the Career-Questioning, Revenge Seeking Minion with a Mission.

Lord Woo Fak Fak would have gone under Targitzan for obligatory terrible water control boss if not for the whole FPS nonsense.

Mingy Jongo is also the only boss that isn't massive, yet he's arguably the hardest, and he's just cool in general.

Top Bottom