• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

Wait.. didn't the Smashified Banjo not have freckles before?, or did I just miss that?..

If that is the case I guess he added them on XD

Edit: Just checked. He did indeed forget the freckles XD.. Apparently it was gonna be updated at a later date.. and I guess that date arrived at some point lol.
You also changed the eyes, didn't you? Looks good! In the original, something about the eyes was off (in my opinion), as well as the missing freckles. I guess I'll just post my version as well (didn't wanted originally, but I'm curious about what you guys think). And Omni, please forgive me :grin: I copied over the eyes from the original renders of Banjo-Kazooie / -Tooie & angled them to make Banjo look more "focused". Also, I added some freckles!

... and here's the original for comparison:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He's nearly impossible if you try to rush the fight or don't realize there's a sequence to it. If you play it safer, however, he's only a medium challenge level IMO.
well it has been a while so maybe he is tougher than i think but i really dont recall him ever being a challenge

it tooks us a while to figure out why there were two mumbos buts that another matter

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
BTW, just to get off topic a bit, but does anyone here has a Youtube account? Reason why I'm asking is because I want someone to make or ask someone on Youtube to make a mashup music video of Lord Woo Fak Fak's boss theme with Lockjaw's Saga from DKC2.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
BTW, just to get off topic a bit, but does anyone here has a Youtube account? Reason why I'm asking is because I want someone to make or ask someone on Youtube to make a mashup music video of Lord Woo Fak Fak's boss theme with Lockjaw's Saga from DKC2.
If you really want to ask around YouTube without an account, you could always look for people who do video game music covers and see if there are other ways to contact them by checking their profile, e.g. if both of you have a Twitter account. My best suggestion is making an account, but it sounds like you're not interested in that option, so that's all I got, unfortunately.

That's odd though, I had those two songs stuck in my head a few months back, but never had the idea to mix them together. It seems like that would make a lot of sense now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Mingy Jongo is challenging compared to the other bosses who are all pitifully easy.

Aside from Patch and Fak Fak due to control issues more than anything else.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Aside from Patch and Fak Fak due to control issues more than anything else.
Woo Fak Fak is rendered simple by the ability to take the Mini-Sub into the battle. With missiles replacing your eggs, you have infinite ammo so can get away with much worse aim. The controls are far less problematic when you don't have to aim carefully and dodge at the same time.

Mr. Patch is a pain though, no question there.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, I noticed that some people are complaining about Grant using orchestral music for Yooka Laylee. Now I don't mind how the music for this will turn out, but for the people bashing on Mr. Grant just because he wants to use full blown orchestrated music in this, I have to say that you've become just as bad as Microsoft has been to RARE. I mean, this is the guy who has been making songs since our childhood, and you're ripping him to shreds all because he wants to do something he wanted to do, making the music sound awesome. Mario Galaxy used orchestral music, but nobody complained about it. So why should it be any different with Yooka Laylee then? Here's one guy who's got enough common sense to say what I mean:

So if you don't like well written Oscar worthy music for any sort of game including this one, then too bad! He could've remixed the music into headache inducing 8-bit chip tunes if he wanted to, and you'd still lash out against him regardless. So you might as well either take it or leave it with this.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You know, I noticed that some people are complaining about Grant using orchestral music for Yooka Laylee. Now I don't mind how the music for this will turn out, but for the people bashing on Mr. Grant just because he wants to use full blown orchestrated music in this, I have to say that you've become just as bad as Microsoft has been to RARE. I mean, this is the guy who has been making songs since our childhood, and you're ripping him to shreds all because he wants to do something he wanted to do, making the music sound awesome. Mario Galaxy used orchestral music, but nobody complained about it. So why should it be any different with Yooka Laylee then? Here's one guy who's got enough common sense to say what I mean:

So if you don't like well written Oscar worthy music for any sort of game including this one, then too bad! He could've remixed the music into headache inducing 8-bit chip tunes if he wanted to, and you'd still lash out against him regardless. So you might as well either take it or leave it with this.
People just like to find reasons to complain. I'm surprised to see a complaint personally since Yooka-Laylee has been fairly hyped so far. Yooka-Laylee is it's own game anyway right?... It's not going to be an exact clone of Banjo-Kazooie. It's a spiritual successor.. One that is going to (hopefully) bring new mechanics, new concepts, ideas, and new music to the table.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon

Whoa there. I think it's a bit harsh comparing these people to Microsoft in that regard.

I understand what you're saying- and I'm personally all for the orchestral music- since Grant has made a lot of music in the past with a real orchestra. In fact, I have the soundtrack to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which has a different sound from Banjo-Kazooie and all, but the songs are amazing in my opinion, and it gives me a lot of faith in the man. And people would probably want to listen to a few of those songs to see if they like it before saying anything, although who knows, maybe they already have.

I don't personally know why people don't want an orchestral soundtrack unless 64-bit songs would be more nostalgic to them. Maybe they feel this is a change that will worsen the nostalgic feel of the game. I wouldn't agree, but if we had a team making games we loved, and then they tried something new years later and most people didn't like it (a.k.a. Nuts 'N' Bolts), then it's possible we might reinforce any belief we have that change is not good.

There's not much we can do for it. People have their own opinions. Personally, I'd just want to know that anyone who doesn't want Grant to use a live orchestra has heard the music he made that way, because sure, people need to know what they'd be getting with an orchestra if they can before deciding whether they want it or not, but in all seriousness, some people may just not like the way it sounds.

This issue is probably not going to make that much of a difference, though. They're going to be using a live orchestra, based on Playtonic's Kickstarter page, so it's pretty much certain to happen. And even so, I've seen people make 64-bit versions of orchestral songs, so fans can always make those, and everyone wins.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Whoa there. I think it's a bit harsh comparing these people to Microsoft in that regard.

I understand what you're saying- and I'm personally all for the orchestral music- since Grant has made a lot of music in the past with a real orchestra. In fact, I have the soundtrack to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which has a different sound from Banjo-Kazooie and all, but the songs are amazing in my opinion, and it gives me a lot of faith in the man. And people would probably want to listen to a few of those songs to see if they like it before saying anything, although who knows, maybe they already have.

I don't personally know why people don't want an orchestral soundtrack unless 64-bit songs would be more nostalgic to them. Maybe they feel this is a change that will worsen the nostalgic feel of the game. I wouldn't agree, but if we had a team making games we loved, and then they tried something new years later and most people didn't like it (a.k.a. Nuts 'N' Bolts), then it's possible we might reinforce any belief we have that change is not good.

There's not much we can do for it. People have their own opinions. Personally, I'd just want to know that anyone who doesn't want Grant to use a live orchestra has heard the music he made that way, because sure, people need to know what they'd be getting with an orchestra if they can before deciding whether they want it or not, but in all seriousness, some people may just not like the way it sounds.

This issue is probably not going to make that much of a difference, though. They're going to be using a live orchestra, based on Playtonic's Kickstarter page, so it's pretty much certain to happen. And even so, I've seen people make 64-bit versions of orchestral songs, so fans can always make those, and everyone wins.
I think these people are afraid of the soundtrack sounding more "spheric" instead of catchy and compact - which is total ******** (as Grant would've said), since having an orchestrated soundtrack does NOT mean that the full orchestra is playing all the time. It can be still sound catchy and simple as well, but in much higher quality. So there's no problem.

And yes, people can recreate the Yooka-Laylee music in the N64 soundfont (at least on the PC), but it wouldn't really fit to have such low-quality sample music in a game with top-notch graphics. Except of course they really recreate the N64 visuals in that shader mode (of the first additional stretch goal I think).

edit: Really, b*llocks needs to be censored? Is a cute swearword in my eyes :chuckle:

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think these people are afraid of the soundtrack sounding more "spheric" instead of catchy and compact - which is total ******** (as Grant would've said), since having an orchestrated soundtrack does NOT mean that the full orchestra is playing all the time. It can be still sound catchy and simple as well, but in much higher quality. So there's no problem.

And yes, people can recreate the Yooka-Laylee music in the N64 soundfont (at least on the PC), but it wouldn't really fit to have such low-quality sample music in a game with top-notch graphics. Except of course they really recreate the N64 visuals in that shader mode (of the first additional stretch goal I think).
They also could just as easily surprise us, and there be a 64 soundfont version of the soundtrack that plays while the 64 shaders are on.. I mean one can dream but still XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It's stupid that people are complaining about this. I'm all for orchestral music.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Sorry for sounding blunt about this. The last thing we need is the Yooka-Laylee/Banjo-Kazooie fanbase to turn into what the Sonic fanbase is, which is more than I can say about it. I do have a habit with going off with big rants on DA for quite some time over certain issues. I'm surprised that I haven't been banned from there yet.

Anyway, regardless for those wanting orchestrated music in this or not, I'm looking forward to hearing more music samples from this game, whenever they may be up.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon

edit: Really, b*llocks needs to be censored? Is a cute swearword in my eyes :chuckle:
I'm not too sure what you mean by "spheric," but if you're comparing Nuts 'n' Bolts' soundtrack to the original two's soundtrack, then I think I know what you're saying. And that's another thing; NnB's soundtrack is probably a lot like whatever music Grant will be composing for Yooka-Laylee, so if people genuinely have a problem with enjoying that soundtrack, that's probably the best reason you can have for opposing the full-on orchestra.

I will admit NnB's soundtrack sounded a little weird at first, but it's grown on me, and I'd say it's just the kind of music we should have for YL. And I guess you do have a point, they don't always have to use the orchestra. Whether that's the case remains to be seen, but I'm going to be on board with whatever Grant (and David Wise) will make.
B****cks? Thought you meant Bull***t for a second there. Heh, yeah, I've rarely heard Grant finish a sentence without a British curse word in it. Well, there are probably some people on Smashboards who are from the UK.

They also could just as easily surprise us, and there be a 64 soundfont version of the soundtrack that plays while the 64 shaders are on.. I mean one can dream but still XD
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Definitely nostalgic. That's probably what a lot of people want, and come to think of it, it could serve as a compromise between the people on both sides, to have both versions of the music in the game.

Sorry for sounding blunt about this. The last thing we need is the Yooka-Laylee/Banjo-Kazooie fanbase to turn into what the Sonic fanbase is, which is more than I can say about it. I do have a habit with going off with big rants on DA for quite some time over certain issues. I'm surprised that I haven't been banned from there yet.

Anyway, regardless for those wanting orchestrated music in this or not, I'm looking forward to hearing more music samples from this game, whenever they may be up.
It's alright, I tend to try to defend both sides, even if I've already chosen one, which sometimes gets me into trouble.
This is all I know about the Sonic fanbase.
Ah, I remember dA. I stopped visiting there after a while, so it's been a long time for me.

I don't expect there to be many music samples before the game comes out, if any, but if there are, I'll definitely be excited to listen to them.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Anyways.. we seem to still be trudging along in the kickstarter. We have definitely fairly slowed down. With $2,626,514 of the $3,133,300 needed (That means we are $506,786 away) to reach that final stretch goal. We have 23 days left until it ends.. I wonder if we can do it? :o

I think people sort of assume that what we see in the stretch goals is generally what the game is going to offer. This is still their project, so there is still always the chance for surprises here and there.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People are complaining about an orchestral soundtrack?

People are complaining about an orchestral soundtrack composed by Grant Kirkhope?

People are complaining about something made by Grant bloody Kirkhope?

That's like complaining about drinking out of the holy grail because it's not your favorite ten year old mug.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Orchestral music is just something else. It should be easily understandable that people like the old feel of Grants creations, since they were awesome. Now what would the orchestra do to them? They could sound completely different and lose their touch.
Anyone who loved the old tunes surely should be understood to be a little worried.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Orchestral music is just something else. It should be easily understandable that people like the old feel of Grants creations, since they were awesome. Now what would the orchestra do to them? They could sound completely different and lose their touch.
Anyone who loved the old tunes surely should be understood to be a little worried.
Well Nuts & Bolts soundtrack was orchestrated, so that shouldn't be new to us, right?
Besides, just because this is a Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor doesn't mean it'll be a spitting image of it. If they don't like orchestral music, then that's their problem, not ours.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I am genuinely a fan of chiptune, despite most of the consoles involved having been rendered obsolete well before I was aware enough to experience their glory days. I prefer a nice, simple synthetic soundwave to real instruments in a lot of cases, especially when compared to thing like violins and the wide array of similar string instruments that rarely feature outside of orchestras.

Of course, I still appreciate "real music", generally of the cheesy rock nature, and even prefer analogue-digital blends to pure chip in a lot of cases due to the additional interest the instruments provide but I felt Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel were far less fun to listen to and far less catchy than their predecessors, having less than a handful of memorable tracks between them, despite totaling around 200 on their soundtracks. Even the rehashed tracks weren't really comparable to the originals. The most musical fun I had with that game was trying to collect the notes at just the right pace to play old songs the way they should really sound.
But enough crapping on SMG, it's not a bad series in the slightest. Instead, let's look at what is in my opinion, one of the worst releases Nintendo has had in decades: The Legend of Zelda 50th Anniversary Soundtrack. This single CD may have been only 5 or 6 tracks but every single one of them was gold. It was the greatest hits of the Zelda universe, yet it was a real effort to listen to. I slogged it out, hoping they'd get better, hoping one of them would have the sheer life and energy of the Zelda I new. Not a single one did. It is this compilation that really put me off orchestration, and soundtrack CDs as a whole for that matter.

But this, of course, is just my opinion. I can't personally see the appeal of more than a few good instruments in a song and feel that the tone of the piece should determine what they are, not the other way around, but I understand that people like this style and am willing to accept that fact. Orchestration, when it isn't ruining a classic, really isn't that bad, as the fact that Super Mario Galaxy has those few great and memorable themes will demonstrate. It's not me but not everything has to be.

My only real issue here is how it's being portrayed. Orchestration was a stretch goal, a bonus for funding the project. Such an add-on or adjustment should be an incentive and, for me, orchestration simply isn't.
I don't know about you but I don't like the idea that more funding means less enjoyment.

Again, this is subjective but it isn't being portrayed that way and that's what's rubbing me wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changing the subject, another reason Banjo & Kazooie in Smash would be great is that in a way they could represent the N64 era of gaming, in a way that few other characters could. Kind of like how Mega Man in Smash really hearkens back to the NES era, despite actually being a third-party character.

Plus it would be nice for Nintendo to sort of acknowledge the great partnership they had with Rare by including Banjo & Kazooie, kind of like saying "thanks for making so many great games on our consoles".

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Changing the subject, another reason Banjo & Kazooie in Smash would be great is that in a way they could represent the N64 era of gaming, in a way that few other characters could. Kind of like how Mega Man in Smash really hearkens back to the NES era, despite actually being a third-party character.

Plus it would be nice for Nintendo to sort of acknowledge the great partnership they had with Rare by including Banjo & Kazooie, kind of like saying "thanks for making so many great games on our consoles".
You are right, we have:
Nintendo Royalty::4mario::4link::4samus::4dk: (And their Families)
Pre-NES Retro Clasics: :4pacman::4gaw:
NES Retro One Hit Wonders :4rob::4duckhunt::popo::4pit:(Before his revival)
SNES Blockbusters::4ness::4wiremac::4falcon::4fox::4kirby:
Handheld Sellers::4pikachu:
Japan Only Exports: :4marth:
GameCube Essentials: :4olimar::4villager:
Wii favorites: :4mii::4shulk:
Non-Nintendo All Stars::4megaman::4sonic:

BUT! No one that represent the Leap to 3D, and no one is better for it, than BK...

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that Banjo Kazooie made it on my top ten list on youtube if you want to check it out you can see it here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAsvPKjU0vWUHgNOMaW64g/videos
10.- Snake
9.- Yoshimitsu
8.- Shovel Knight
7.- Knuckles
6.- Amaterasu
5.- Shantae
4.- Bayonetta
3.- Geno
2.- Banjo Kazooie
1.- BomberMan

I Think is a good List...

But as we post earlier, we need more from the now "Retro" 64/NGC/GBA era... we have a lot of the NES/SNES era, but BomberMan, Bub/Bob or Simon Belmont would be cool characters, with more history than others that we already have...

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
So Doshin is retro now?

Well, not Retro, but "old" as Olimar...
Sadly, he is the only new character of that era (GBA/GCN) that get in Smash (Ike is from the FE Family, Lucas from the Mother family and ZsSamus is Samus)

He would be cool as an Assist Trophy, walking in front of the stage, dropping items, healing stuff, serving as a new platform... but if someone hit's him hard, he transforms into his devil form and start to attack the characters...

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I forget :4villager::4villagerf:...they were from that era too ¬_¬...

but still, we don't have a character from the 64 Era.. (maybe :4villager:, but nah, they are from the GCN era to me)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He would be cool as an Assist Trophy, walking in front of the stage, dropping items, healing stuff, serving as a new platform... but if someone hit's him hard, he transforms into his devil form and start to attack the characters...
I feel he'd be better as a stage gimmick. I planned out his stage some time ago if anyone wants to see.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I feel he'd be better as a stage gimmick. I planned out his stage some time ago if anyone wants to see.
Yeah, that would be nice...

And talking about stages... what kind of stage do you want to see if BK gets in SSB?
I want a Spiral mountain traveling stage... but instead of changing places in some random platforms, scrolling arround the mountain in circle (Something like Rainbow course, but instead of going up, scrolling like "Stage 1 of SMB")... it's omega form could be in the top of the mountain with Gruntilda face in the back of the stage... a lovely view says no one ever

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok, took some finding but here's the first of my winning entries from the sadly nolonger running stage design contest:

[collapse=Round 11 - Miscellaneous - Barudo Shores by ryuu seika]
Barudo Shores
Game of Origin: Doshin The Giant
Starting Layout:

Description: Unlike my past designs, Barudo Shores has no fixed pattern to it. It starts as a hill, greenery in the centre making way for sand towards its edges. Barudo starts out as a walk off stage, in a way, with the outer edges of the hill extending down to the bottom blast line. The inconsistent gradient of the stage, however, will make it very difficult to chaingrab off these edges and, as for camping, that too can be solved via the stage's unique gimmick.
Residing in the middle is our good friend the love giant. Doshin will, after 5 seconds, raise or lower the ground beneath him, as indicated by his green area of effect in the image above. This will alter the stage's height at a fairly gentle pace and will do so by roughly a third of a stagebuilder block, smoothing the edges slightly if necessary. His choice of raising or lowering is random but not entirely so. It will be weighted by the average height of the stage section in question, with a 50/50 chance only occurring when the ground is exactly centred between the bottom blast zone and the blue upper limit.
By hitting Doshin with a non-grab move, he may be caused to move away from his attacker, placing his new area of effect exactly at the edge of the old one. The area of the stage with ground is exactly 5 such areas wide and he may not be made to move from a new location before he has altered the ground height atleast once there. This means he can be pushed to the edges to raise the floor away from the blast zones without having to get too close to anyone hoping for a cheap kill.
In addition to this, Doshin can be pushed past the limits of the stage's ground. In this scenario, he will go storming off the nearest side of the screen and fly back on as the devilish hate giant, Jashin, fireballing the horizontal locations marked in orange above.
Doshin will not obstruct movement directly but, by playing with the stage height, he may well create some very interesting situations.
The bottom blast zone is made to look like the sea from which Doshin emerged in his first game.

Overview: A simple stage with a simple gimmick that provides the solutions to the most glaring of its inherent problems. This stage is unlikely to be a tournament staple but will involve much tactical gameplay between friends.

Unlockable: Yes

Make ten stages in the stage builder.
Music:
Yellow Giant (Doshin the Giant)
Festival Music (Doshin the Giant)
Grass Fumes (Doshin the Giant)
Yellow Giant Reprise (Doshin the Giant)
Time (Doshin the Giant)
End Titles (Doshin the Giant)[/collapse]

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Ok, took some finding but here's the first of my winning entries from the sadly nolonger running stage design contest:

[collapse=Round 11 - Miscellaneous - Barudo Shores by ryuu seika]
Barudo Shores
Game of Origin: Doshin The Giant
Starting Layout:

Description: Unlike my past designs, Barudo Shores has no fixed pattern to it. It starts as a hill, greenery in the centre making way for sand towards its edges. Barudo starts out as a walk off stage, in a way, with the outer edges of the hill extending down to the bottom blast line. The inconsistent gradient of the stage, however, will make it very difficult to chaingrab off these edges and, as for camping, that too can be solved via the stage's unique gimmick.
Residing in the middle is our good friend the love giant. Doshin will, after 5 seconds, raise or lower the ground beneath him, as indicated by his green area of effect in the image above. This will alter the stage's height at a fairly gentle pace and will do so by roughly a third of a stagebuilder block, smoothing the edges slightly if necessary. His choice of raising or lowering is random but not entirely so. It will be weighted by the average height of the stage section in question, with a 50/50 chance only occurring when the ground is exactly centred between the bottom blast zone and the blue upper limit.
By hitting Doshin with a non-grab move, he may be caused to move away from his attacker, placing his new area of effect exactly at the edge of the old one. The area of the stage with ground is exactly 5 such areas wide and he may not be made to move from a new location before he has altered the ground height atleast once there. This means he can be pushed to the edges to raise the floor away from the blast zones without having to get too close to anyone hoping for a cheap kill.
In addition to this, Doshin can be pushed past the limits of the stage's ground. In this scenario, he will go storming off the nearest side of the screen and fly back on as the devilish hate giant, Jashin, fireballing the horizontal locations marked in orange above.
Doshin will not obstruct movement directly but, by playing with the stage height, he may well create some very interesting situations.
The bottom blast zone is made to look like the sea from which Doshin emerged in his first game.

Overview: A simple stage with a simple gimmick that provides the solutions to the most glaring of its inherent problems. This stage is unlikely to be a tournament staple but will involve much tactical gameplay between friends.

Unlockable: Yes

Make ten stages in the stage builder.
Music:
Yellow Giant (Doshin the Giant)
Festival Music (Doshin the Giant)
Grass Fumes (Doshin the Giant)
Yellow Giant Reprise (Doshin the Giant)
Time (Doshin the Giant)
End Titles (Doshin the Giant)[/collapse]
Nice stage, it seems hard to implement, but fun to play into.

Not sure you guys know this, but new Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter update is up now, in which we'll meet what is likely the Jinjos for this game:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/234563-yooka-laylee-dev-blog-update-a-look-at-the-ghost-writers
Yeah! I Hope that this game rocks! ohh, now the worlds are books?... like the paintings in SM64? then the Hub could be a Castle with a Library or something like that =o

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Nice stage, it seems hard to implement, but fun to play into.

Yeah! I Hope that this game rocks! ohh, now the worlds are books?... like the paintings in SM64? then the Hub could be a Castle with a Library or something like that =o
Now I know that Playtonic is definitely going beyond Banjo Kazooie with N64 references. I'm even hyped up than usual.

BTW, judging by the Ghost Writers and how they're responsible for creating the game's worlds, it's likely that there's more of a plot to this than we think. I hope that for the final boss the Ghost Writers would come to help the heroes similar to what the Jinjos did.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Yeah, I saw the update. For a second I thought it was a sort of reference to the Playtonic team themselves, kind of akin to Game Freak inserting their staff as characters into pretty much every Pokémon game, but I guess not.

I remember hearing a theory that each world would be part of a larger universe that was all a storybook, and while I thought it was believable, I didn't take it to heart completely. It seems that theory has a bit more ground now...

Oh, and if the main antagonist has any relation to the ghost writers, they could maybe be a poet. So, you know, they could rhyme? Maybe?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Yeah, I saw the update. For a second I thought it was a sort of reference to the Playtonic team themselves, kind of akin to Game Freak inserting their staff as characters into pretty much every Pokémon game, but I guess not.

I remember hearing a theory that each world would be part of a larger universe that was all a storybook, and while I thought it was believable, I didn't take it to heart completely. It seems that theory has a bit more ground now...

Oh, and if the main antagonist has any relation to the ghost writers, they could maybe be a poet. So, you know, they could rhyme? Maybe?
If you ask me, they look like the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion. Maybe we'll be seeing some inspirations from that in the haunted house level that they've hinted at?

BTW, the Kickstarter is still at over $2.67M, and we've got 17 days left. I'm hoping that things would pick up soon in order to reach the possibly final stretch goal.

Top Bottom