• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well Banjo-Kazooie have the notoriety. The real question is this: Would the new game match up to Yooka-Laylee?... After all many ex-Rare devs are working on Yooka-Laylee.. and they seem to know what they are doing. It's a make it or break it moment for the Bear and Bird. I'm definitely certain Microsoft wouldn't be happy if the IP was shown up by new blood... XD
There are still some people from the Rare days on current Rareware. Not every single one of them has left. Most notably Gregg Mayles is still there, and iirc he was the main programmer/designer for most Rare games including the Banjo series. There's also the fact that any new employee who'd sign up for Rare specifically out of all companies is likely a classic Rare enthusiast by themselves, so they're worthy successors if any. Also, Rare hasn't really made a bad game per se, in the sense that Superman 64 and E.T are bad games, because they're well-polished. For what it set out to do, Nuts and Bolts was an alright game.

Of course, neither Yooka Laylee or a new Banjo 3D platformer have been released(or seen any parts of in the case of the latter...) so we have barely enough to make a judgement on either way. Only thing to do to make a definitive judgement is to wait and see.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
There are still some people from the Rare days on current Rareware. Not every single one of them has left. Most notably Gregg Mayles is still there, and iirc he was the main programmer/designer for most Rare games including the Banjo series. There's also the fact that any new employee who'd sign up for Rare specifically out of all companies is likely a classic Rare enthusiast by themselves, so they're worthy successors if any. Also, Rare hasn't really made a bad game per se, in the sense that Superman 64 and E.T are bad games, because they're well-polished. For what it set out to do, Nuts and Bolts was an alright game.

Of course, neither Yooka Laylee or a new Banjo 3D platformer have been released(or seen any parts of in the case of the latter...) so we have barely enough to make a judgement on either way. Only thing to do to make a definitive judgement is to wait and see.
Yep. It could go either way at this point.. I don't think Yooka-laylee will even be due until October 2016, right? So we have a long wait..

On another note.. Nuts and Bolts being a stable game is one thing... but it's certainly not what fans had wanted. (Heck even from the ending sequence you could tell Rare wasn't even entirely confident that the game would sell well... "Kazooie: Can I have my old abilities back? If this game isn't successful, we might need them for the next one..."

"L.O.G.: Good point, though you may never get another game.."

So the developers must have had some sort of doubts.. Also, I don't buy direct statements. It's always possible for those to be faked... After all... Do any of you all honestly think Rare would fire at Microsoft directly?... Heck no. So of course they would suck up to them and blame things on other circumstances..

Yep...
In all honesty how plausible is it for Nintendo to ever own the rights to just Banjo-Kazooie again or at least for them to appear on Nintendo platforms?
Even then, Yooka-Laylee would be the closest they could get to having the Bear and Bird back (at least gameplay, music and style wise), if such a discussion with Microsoft weren't possible

Last edited:

Fulsaburgore

Smash Cadet
You know what could work? Yooka Laylee being in smash instead. I have nothing against having The bear and the bird in smash but when you really come down to it and think about it. This game has already made 3 times let me emphasize that 3 TIMES the kickstarter money it wanted and better yet it's probably going to beat even mario marketing wise so, it makes sense be that perhaps next year or maybe around the end of this year they announce Yooka and Laylee to be in smash and to have the DLC come out the same day the game does, which by the way would be a great marketing move and would raise lots of profits and make the WII U have sales skyrocket surpassing possibly even the PS4. We don't know much about the charcters so saddly I can't make a move set just yet.

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
One thing I've been seeing a lot around neoGAF or other communities (not sure if it's happened here or not) is people using Yooka-Laylie to trash talk the current Rare. I think that's rather unfair, as there's still a lot of great talent at Rare and most people at Playtonic were INVOLVED with Nuts and Bolts and everything else that people cite as being evidence that Rare sucks now.

Gregg Mayles is still at Rare, and he's one of the leading designers/programmers on all their classics. Leigh Loveday is there, the voice of Scribes and the writer of many of Rare's game manuals, and to me he's THE voice of Rare (he also wrote Nuts and Bolts script, which was that game's best feature. Robin Beanland is still there, a musical composer that's not as internet-popular as Grant Kirkhope or David Wise but has done TONS of great music with the company since the first Donkey Kong Country, and is a downright musical chameleon capable of aping either Kirkhope or Wise's style should the situation call for it (not to mention that both Kirkhope and Wise COULD work with Rare on future games as freelancers- that's what they're doing with Playtonic and they're still friends with everyone at Rare). Lots of great people are at Rare still that have been there since the early days.

What I'm trying to say is, let's not let Yooka-Laylie ruin the appreciation for Rare itself- Playtonic isn't a replacement for Rare or a competitor, it's an EXTENSION of Rare, a companion to it. At most, there could be a friendly siblings rivalry between them (especially because Gregg Mayles is still at Rare and his brother Steve is at Playtonic)... these people are all good friends and don't harbor animosity towards each other. If the people still at Rare want to and Microsoft will let them, I fully believe they can make an amazing Banjo-Threeie, and having Yooka-Laylie around will only cause both games to get better and increase hype for the genre as a whole.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yep. It could go either way at this point.. I don't think Yooka-laylee will even be due until October 2016, right? So we have a long wait..

On another note.. Nuts and Bolts being a stable game is one thing... but it's certainly not what fans had wanted. (Heck even from the ending sequence you could tell Rare wasn't even entirely confident that the game would sell well... "Kazooie: Can I have my old abilities back? If this game isn't successful, we might need them for the next one..."

"L.O.G.: Good point, though you may never get another game.."

So the developers must have had some sort of doubts.. Also, I don't buy direct statements. It's always possible for those to be faked... After all... Do any of you all honestly think Rare would fire at Microsoft directly?... Heck no. So of course they would suck up to them and blame things on other circumstances..

Even then, Yooka-Laylee would be the closest they could get to having the Bear and Bird back (at least gameplay, music and style wise), if such a discussion with Microsoft weren't possible
What do the fans want though? A Banjo platformer? Rare already gave them one with Grunty's Revenge. Sold pretty bad. It's proven these type of games don't have much people wanting them anymore anyway.

Also, it could be Microsoft is responsible, it could be they're not. It could even be Nintendo is responsible, but you won't see anyone discuss the latter since there's no implication of such, and so it's ludicrous to automatically assume so. That's also why if you're going to attempt to put Microsoft in the mix on Rare being prevented from making another Banjo game, you have to have some sort of evidence or implication to think so.

Also, whether or not Yooka-Laylee is even faithful to Banjo or not, or whether or not it even is good, is something I'm waiting for considering, well, the game hasn't released.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
One thing I've been seeing a lot around neoGAF or other communities (not sure if it's happened here or not) is people using Yooka-Laylie to trash talk the current Rare. I think that's rather unfair, as there's still a lot of great talent at Rare and most people at Playtonic were INVOLVED with Nuts and Bolts and everything else that people cite as being evidence that Rare sucks now.

Gregg Mayles is still at Rare, and he's one of the leading designers/programmers on all their classics. Leigh Loveday is there, the voice of Scribes and the writer of many of Rare's game manuals, and to me he's THE voice of Rare (he also wrote Nuts and Bolts script, which was that game's best feature. Robin Beanland is still there, a musical composer that's not as internet-popular as Grant Kirkhope or David Wise but has done TONS of great music with the company since the first Donkey Kong Country, and is a downright musical chameleon capable of aping either Kirkhope or Wise's style should the situation call for it (not to mention that both Kirkhope and Wise COULD work with Rare on future games as freelancers- that's what they're doing with Playtonic and they're still friends with everyone at Rare). Lots of great people are at Rare still that have been there since the early days.

What I'm trying to say is, let's not let Yooka-Laylie ruin the appreciation for Rare itself- Playtonic isn't a replacement for Rare or a competitor, it's an EXTENSION of Rare, a companion to it. At most, there could be a friendly siblings rivalry between them (especially because Gregg Mayles is still at Rare and his brother Steve is at Playtonic)... these people are all good friends and don't harbor animosity towards each other. If the people still at Rare want to and Microsoft will let them, I fully believe they can make an amazing Banjo-Threeie, and having Yooka-Laylie around will only cause both games to get better and increase hype for the genre as a whole.
You know, this is pretty much the same thing that's been happening with Ubisoft and Rayman. People, namely Nintendo and Smash Bros fans, hold a strong grudge against Rayman in general just because Legends was delayed and made multiplatform. But it wasn't the developers fault, it was the executives' idea to delay it in the first place. Regardless, people seem to treat Rayman and his developers unfairly because of this. The same thing shouldn't happen to Rare, given with their current state. They can hate Microsoft because they own Rare and are the ones telling them what to do or not to, but not Rare themselves regardless of what they do since they have little or no control in this current situation. Still, I wish Rare the best of luck when it comes to making supposedly the next Banjo game.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
What do the fans want though? A Banjo platformer? Rare already gave them one with Grunty's Revenge. Sold pretty bad. It's proven these type of games don't have much people wanting them anymore anyway.

Also, it could be Microsoft is responsible, it could be they're not. It could even be Nintendo is responsible, but you won't see anyone discuss the latter since there's no implication of such, and so it's ludicrous to automatically assume so. That's also why if you're going to attempt to put Microsoft in the mix on Rare being prevented from making another Banjo game, you have to have some sort of evidence or implication to think so.

Also, whether or not Yooka-Laylee is even faithful to Banjo or not, or whether or not it even is good, is something I'm waiting for considering, well, the game hasn't released.
I'd hardly compare a full on "3D" platformer, on a home console to a pseudo 3D (platformer-ish??) game that was on gameboy advance.. Lets also not forget the game is technically a prequel to Tooie.. It takes place inbetween Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Heck how often do you hear Grunty's revenge and Banjo Pilot talked about? More than likely it has to due with the console difference..

Proven people don't want them? LOOK AT YOOKA-LAYLEE'S KICKSTARTER XD... Over a $million in one day? And this is probably only the fans that KNOW about the project.. imagine what would be thrown at it if all fans knew of this.. Does that look like fans don't want a Banjo styled Platformer? The morons that don't want this stuff are too caught up in the cookie cutter titles.. (Aka the AAA, Top notch graphics, elite games... not gonna throw any names, but you know the ones I'm referring to >_>) I hope people that play those sort of titles will eventually realize they are being fed the same garbage year after year... -_-

Anyways, you are right about the latter. Though I have a feeling it will be. I mean..

It sounds like Banjo. Kirk definitely still has it XD

From what I've seen of the early gameplay, it looks like the new duo are really inspired by the bear and bird...

At this point, we will just have to see how the game comes out. Hopefully with all the funding it is getting, it will be the Banjo-Threeie we have always wanted... albeit with new blood, but still ^_^ Why not go have a look at the kickstarter, and read up on the project? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/description

Last edited:
ukelele raised a million in a day basically from twitter word of mouth.

now imagine if it was announced at e3 giving it huge publicity, was backed by one of the big 3 (which would also mean advertisement for tv/computer/etc.), and was reviving a dead character.

it would almost certainly sell.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'd hardly compare a full on "3D" platformer, on a home console to a pseudo 3D (platformer-ish??) game that was on gameboy advance.. Lets also not forget the game is technically a prequel to Tooie.. It takes place inbetween Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Heck how often do you hear Grunty's revenge and Banjo Pilot talked about? More than likely it has to due with the console difference..
Doesn't matter. It was still a quality Banjo platforming game...which people ignored,, handheld or console or whatever. In fact, given how it was on a handheld it should've sold even better considering the higher install-base..I also don't see where the game takes place story-wise has to do with it's sales..
And I dunno, how often do you hear ANY post-buyout Rare game talked about? Even the ones on console? Exactly.

Proven people don't want them? LOOK AT YOOKA-LAYLEE'S KICKSTARTER XD... Over a $million in one day? And this is probably only the fans that KNOW about the project.. imagine what would be thrown at it if all fans knew of this.. Does that look like fans don't want a Banjo styled Platformer? The morons that don't want this stuff are too caught up in the cookie cutter titles.. (Aka the AAA, Top notch graphics, elite games... not gonna throw any names, but you know the ones I'm referring to >_>) I hope people that play those sort of titles will eventually realize they are being fed the same garbage year after year... -_-
I didn't say people don't want them. In fact I was very careful to not word it in that way. I said "not very much people want it", which is true. Look at the number of backers instead of the amount pledged, it's about what...33K right now? In today's video game industry, if a game sold that much, it'd be considered a failure sales-wise. Maybe not for an indie game, but for a full-budget title developed by a big company? Yes, certainly.

Also, Yooka Laylee's been getting a ton of coverage, a bit too much I'd even say, so it's not like awareness is an issue.
Anyways, you are right about the latter. Though I have a feeling it will be. I mean..

It sounds like Banjo. Kirk definitely still has it XD

From what I've seen of the early gameplay, it looks like they are really based off of the bear and bird...

At this point, we will just have to see how the game comes out. Hopefully with all the funding it is getting, it will be the Banjo-Threeie we have always wanted... albeit with new blood, but still ^_^ Why not go have a look at the kickstarter, and read up on the project? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/description
To be fair though, even Nuts and Bolts had amazing music. And amazing graphics, controls, dialogue. etc...
Though, I get what you mean and I am a bit optimistic about this game I admit. I've read the kickstarter before, and the 64-bit edition makes me feel absolutely giddy! So I'm not going to be too harsh on the game, I'm just not gonna call it the best thing ever prematurely unless I get my hands on it is all.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter. It was still a quality Banjo platforming game...which people ignored,, handheld or console or whatever. In fact, given how it was on a handheld it should've sold even better considering the higher install-base..I also don't see where the game takes place story-wise has to do with it's sales..
And I dunno, how often do you hear ANY post-buyout Rare game talked about? Even the ones on console? Exactly.

I didn't say people don't want them. In fact I was very careful to not word it in that way. I said "not very much people want it", which is true. Look at the number of backers instead of the amount pledged, it's about what...33K right now? In today's video game industry, if a game sold that much, it'd be considered a failure sales-wise. Maybe not for an indie game, but for a full-budget title developed by a big company? Yes, certainly.

Also, Yooka Laylee's been getting a ton of coverage, a bit too much I'd even say, so it's not like awareness is an issue.

To be fair though, even Nuts and Bolts had amazing music. And amazing graphics, controls, dialogue. etc...
Though, I get what you mean and I am a bit optimistic about this game I admit. I've read the kickstarter before, and the 64-bit edition makes me feel absolutely giddy! So I'm not going to be too harsh on the game, I'm just not gonna call it the best thing ever prematurely unless I get my hands on it is all.
I do know what you mean. I mostly really like the way it looks.. It really does feel like it's gonna be a good game. I'll definitely be waiting until it comes out before making further judgements, but I have to say.. I'm really feeling it (I've always wanted to say that XD)

As to the bit about Grunty's revenge, and the latter, I wasn't knocking the game or anything. I was mostly referring to how the games are practically buried under the other two installments... who knows why the titles weren't noticed. I haven't played either myself, and I hadn't even known the two existed for a long time. (Though you STILL can't compare the two to Kazooie or Tooie.. I'm sure it was a good quality title.. but did it match up to the standards of the home console variety?)

Also, in regards to the kickstarter.. This doesn't represent "all" that would want the game. We also have to take into account people who may not know about the project, and other people that won't already be getting the game through the kickstarter rewards themselves. (Like myself more than likely, unfortunately) Since it is gonna be a multiplatform, that fact should help offset the lack of interest from the... well, the brainwashed. There I said it XD..

"To be fair though, even Nuts and Bolts had amazing music. And amazing graphics, controls, dialogue. etc..."

Yes. However, it also threw cars at the fans... Pretty sure fans didn't ask for that. For that matter, in the early mentions of the game, that mechanic, nor even L.O.G. himself were even mentioned for a long time... You look at the trailer? It looks like it's gonna be a platformer, like the old ones..

Even the blog hyped it up like it was gonna be some grand adventure -_-...

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I do know what you mean. I mostly really like the way it looks.. It really does feel like it's gonna be a good game. I'll definitely be waiting until it comes out before making further judgements, but I have to say.. I'm really feeling it (I've always wanted to say that XD)

As to the bit about Grunty's revenge, and the latter, I wasn't knocking the game or anything. I was mostly referring to how the games are practically buried under the other two installments... who knows why the titles weren't noticed. I haven't played either myself, and I hadn't even known the two existed for a long time. (Though you STILL can't compare the two to Kazooie or Tooie.. I'm sure it was a good quality title.. but did it match up to the standards of the home console variety?)

Also, in regards to the kickstarter.. This doesn't represent "all" that would want the game. We also have to take into account people who may not know about the project, and other people that won't already be getting the game through the kickstarter rewards themselves. Since it is gonna be a multiplatform, that fact should help offset the lack of interest from the... well, the brainwashed. There I said it XD..

"To be fair though, even Nuts and Bolts had amazing music. And amazing graphics, controls, dialogue. etc..."

Yes. However, it also threw cars at the fans... Pretty sure fans didn't ask for that. For that matter, in the early mentions of the game, that mechanic, nor even L.O.G. himself were even mentioned for a long time... You look at the trailer? It looks like it's gonna be a platformer, like the old ones..

Even the blog hyped it up like it was gonna be some grand adventure -_-...
Well, you should play Grunty's Revenge, lol. It's actually a pretty good game for trying to do what it is, i.e. a handheld platforming Banjo Kazooie game. Yes, you can't compare it to the home console games but that's like saying Mario Land should be dismissed because it doesn't compare to Super Mario Bros. 1-3, when in fact Mario Land as a handheld game is a very well-made game and is considered a good game by the same standards.

Anyways, even if people didn't buy it or thought it didn't match up to Kazooie and Tooie, the game's existence still debunks the "Microsoft prevented Rare from making a Banjo platformer" arguments, which I see a lot(though I'm not referring to you specifically).

Also, the cars thing in N&B was actually revealed before the game's release. I admit them hyping it up to be a traditional Banjo game in the beginning wasn't smart, but it was probably unintentional as Nuts & Bolts actually gradually transformed from Banjo Threeie to Banjo Kazooie: Cars edition.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I think something thats missing for yooka is some alt. customes. I know that we all want to see some yellow shorts and a backpack. but there are a lot of options, like a hat and a red tie, or references to other rare games =P

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think something thats missing for yooka is some alt. customes. I know that we all want to see some yellow shorts and a backpack. but there are a lot of options, like a hat and a red tie, or references to other rare games =P
Maybe we could see them as another stretch goal? :D???

Whatever the case, Platonic games not being chained to Microsoft like Rare is definitely gives them more wiggle room. I for one am certainly not trying to step on Rare. They have done some great work in the past. In terms of a Banjo-Threeie, I hope they REALLY do meet expectations to be honest :/..

Also... musical chameleon?.. was that intentional? >w>

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Congrats for the revival of the spirit of the series, guys; ^^ (also, first post in this thread)
I made this:

So, I was going to replay Grunty's Revenge to celebrate Yooka-Laylee funding; but my sister went to a trip and she took her DS Lite (where I used to play my GBA games =P)... so, I guess I'll just stick with DK64 on Wii U. I do have the original BK on my N64, though.., but I re-visited it last month. XD XD;

good luck with the Ballot, everyone. =)

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently replaying BK with my girlfriend, she didn't know much about them, but she is having a good time with it, the rymes are her favorite things. =P

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Sadly this isn't only present in neogaf, it's happening here as well, and even on Rare's twitter. Rare's latest tweet(nothing controversial, just Rare talking about their recent charity exploits) is pretty much swarmed by people talking about Playtonic exclusively and looking down on Rare.
In a way I feel bad for whoever has to manage that account..

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heh, anyways... $1,816,669

That settles it! <1,200,000 Pounds - 1,816,620 = (Let's Play!(Tonic) Developer walkthrough and commentary video)>
has been met.. Now I wonder what they will be doing tomorrow? XD

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wow, Ukulele already has a higher fund percentage than Mighty No. 9.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Wow, Ukulele already has a higher fund percentage than Mighty No. 9.
Yep.. and it has shown no sign of slowing down either. No telling how much it will accumulate by the kickstarter's funding deadline XD (Heck it gathered another 10k just while I was writing this comment o_o)

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Heh, anyways... $1,816,669

That settles it! <1,200,000 Pounds - 1,816,620 = (Let's Play!(Tonic) Developer walkthrough and commentary video)>
has been met.. Now I wonder what they will be doing tomorrow? XD
I'm looking at the Kickstarter page right now (and it says the amount in pounds for me, despite the fact I'm American), and I'm reading about 1,185,000 pounds. (In US dollars, I guess that's about $1,793,900.) I haven't seen it go over 1,200,000 just yet. Unless something happened with some people's pledges?

I'm sure we're going to hit 1,200,000 pounds very soon if we haven't yet regardless, but, I just wanted to say that, because I'm not sure how you see that much if I see a few thousand less. Just curious, I guess.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm looking at the Kickstarter page right now (and it says the amount in pounds for me, despite the fact I'm American), and I'm reading about 1,185,000 pounds. (In US dollars, I guess that's about $1,793,900.) I haven't seen it go over 1,200,000 just yet. Unless something happened with some people's pledges?

I'm sure we're going to hit 1,200,000 pounds very soon if we haven't yet regardless, but, I just wanted to say that, because I'm not sure how you see that much if I see a few thousand less. Just curious, I guess.
Well mine is showing $1,829,449 o_o.. (being 1,208,474.44 pounds)

You know what I think it is? The rate that the funding is coming in.. I mean heck it gathered over a million in less than a day. I wouldn't be surprised if it is making the system freak out a little XD

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it's still such a long time (44 days)! How many million-marks do you think they'll break? 2 millions is pretty much guaranteed, maybe 3?

Regarding Playtonic getting bought by anyone: Won't happen in the near future. I think they pretty much enjoy their new freedom and have many plans for upcoming games, so they wouldn't let anyone interfere with that. With the power of social media, they are already capable of so many things, it won't stop so soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They're over £1.2 mil now. Just, wow. I knew Banjo Kazooie had a large following, but I never expected it to be this high.

I don't think Nintendo and Microsoft need any more convincing that Banjo-Kazooie in Smash simply cannot go wrong.

:231:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't think it's posted here before but Rare is apparently working on a new game
No, it's not a Kinect game. Kinect sports is out of the equation.

Could it be Banjo Kazooie? Well, they've been hinting at a new one with that real-life Banjo tweet, and Phil DID say MS was going to take advantage of their old IPs which fans want. It can't be Conker or Killer Instinct because those already have been taken advantage of recently, and it should be a heavy hitting franchise so my guess is either Banjo Kazooie(in which case this would be relevant here) or Battletoads. Either way, I'm skeptical but I guess we'll see what it is come E3.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I like to bet that the funds for the game will eventually reach 10M by the Kickstarter deadline.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
For those wondering if they'll accept Paypal for the Kickstarter, I asked them and this is what they said:

Sadly we currently do not accept payments via Paypal. However, we have heard the requests for Paypal support and are currently investigating the feasibility of a adding this functionality. Bear with us!

So the answer is not yet, but they will soon.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm seeing a bunch of users on Kickstarter share ideas for further stretch goals some seem alright, others faretched or redundant.
Here's a few common ones, or ones I found interesting... Does anyone here think any of these could have potential?

- Physical disc release for the consoles
- Online multiplayer
- Online co-op
- More worlds
- Plushies
- Yooka & Laylee amiibo
- Amiibo support (Seen ideas like Donkey Kong & Diddy being compatible to unlock outfits or characters for multiplayer.
- Banjo/Kazooie/Conker cameo or playable in the xbox one version.
- Alt skins for Yooka & Laylee (Clothing articles)

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
New Stretch Goal!

1,500,000 pounds = Orchestral Score

@ ErenJager ErenJager BTW, I'm thinking that they should remake the music into the N64 MIDIs to go with the N64 shader mode as a goal

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Another goal huh? I guess I should convert that to dollars too XD:

1,500,000 Pounds - $2,271,900 = NOT YET (Music at it's best! Orchestral score (Orchestra TBD) *additional funding also helps us to continue to polish the game to the Nth degree!*)

There we go. We are (as of typing) at $1,935,815. So in another $336,085 (221,896.87 pounds) We'll have our orchestra :o

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
BTW, it seems that Grant's Jungle World theme samples some bits from B-K and B-T. I can hears some Bubblegloop Swamp with Cloud Cuckooland, as well as a bit of Freezeezy Peak. Any other bits that sound familiar to you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom